PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 is Ruined Forever

Pages : [1] 2

MidCap
Dec 23, 2015, 04:57 AM
Episode 4, of course.

Yes, I understand that all opinions are equal and that Sega is not pandering to my culture, but in a world where common sense is occasionally allowed to prevail, this game is done for.

Time to hang up the sword.

Rakurai
Dec 23, 2015, 04:58 AM
I'm waiting until we get a proper explanation for the direction the story is taking before I pass judgment.

KEERIK
Dec 23, 2015, 04:59 AM
I'm upset that we don't have a "PSO2 is ruined" thread on the front page after every content reveal.

Zorua
Dec 23, 2015, 05:02 AM
Welp, better play the shit out of this game before EP4 comes and kills it. The salon and graphics update looked amazing, but they had to anime this already anime game. I'm literally being poisoned by the anime overdose.

Miyazaki was right, otaku ruin everything

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 05:03 AM
I'm tired with this forum being super negative.....seriously.

Xaelouse
Dec 23, 2015, 05:03 AM
Loving every laugh

Zorua
Dec 23, 2015, 05:08 AM

Idk, I'm normally super excited during every livestream. I was hyped up through most of it, up until they introduced generic high school girls and slice of life bullshit.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 23, 2015, 05:10 AM

For once....

....I actually agree with the negativity. :/

Lostbob117
Dec 23, 2015, 05:12 AM
I don't see how tbh.

Vintasticvin
Dec 23, 2015, 05:13 AM
Welp, while the forums are bitching moaning and crying I'll be having a kick ass time enjoying this wild crazy new shit thats seemingly out of place for the game :P You guys say you're gonna quit but truth is you're not. You're gonna keep on logging in and do what you normally do.

Meteor Weapon, its why I barely come or even post on this forum anymore but whatever it is what is. A cesspool of negativity like the rest of the world and internet.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 05:13 AM
For once....

....I actually agree with the negativity. :/

I thought you were being super negative as well on that thread :P

Shinamori
Dec 23, 2015, 05:16 AM
Yeah. A high school setting automatically means a slice of life. Yeah, okay.

Shinmarizu
Dec 23, 2015, 05:18 AM
I've come to grips with the direction the people behind this game have decided to go. I have adjusted my expectations and my level of commitment accordingly.

What I would like, as do many people playing this game, is a grounded and detailed explanation of this game's direction, from the makers/directors themselves.

The backlash is already vicious; so is the ridicule. I'm gonna take a step back and see what everything is like once the dust settles.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 05:21 AM
The backlash is probably just on the english speaking side, I don't know about what JP's think tho, I might ask them some time.

JCry
Dec 23, 2015, 05:22 AM
wait what happened?

final_attack
Dec 23, 2015, 05:27 AM
Well, from my Twitter's account feed (machine translated, mostly JP players) ..... The Ep4 seems fun.

Rupikachu
Dec 23, 2015, 05:29 AM
*Opens Bumped*

Another shining collab meh i guess some stuff is ok.

XQ and esBoobs. Oookay

Hello kitty collab...wait what?

Summoner...srsly sega? *i should close tab*

Ep4 salon...oh that looks nice

3rd Free Character Slot. Yaaay

New planet earth. WAT

Dinosaurs on earth. WAT? is this Jurassic Park?

[spoiler-box]

Segac stoppu!

http://38.media.tumblr.com/eb2eef900e875ee97bcdd07a37ce3b7a/tumblr_nlvlereeXL1rra264o1_500.gif[/spoiler-box]

Edit: Couldn't resist.

[spoiler-box]
- You're going to Earth-Japan to fite dinosaurs
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3115520/Screenshots/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-12-23%2010.33.08.png

- Luther reborn?
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3115520/Screenshots/Captura%20de%20pantalla%202015-12-23%2010.35.59.png

[/spoiler-box]

Shinmarizu
Dec 23, 2015, 05:33 AM
The backlash is probably just on the english speaking side, I don't know about what JP's think tho, I might ask them some time.

I am very interested to see the JP reaction to all this.

Shinamori
Dec 23, 2015, 05:33 AM
I think you guys are overreacting just a bit. Just a bit.

TehCubey
Dec 23, 2015, 05:48 AM
>PSO2
>playing for the story, ever

Rehal
Dec 23, 2015, 05:50 AM
EP4 HYPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!111

Dammy
Dec 23, 2015, 05:54 AM
DINOSAURS?
count me in

Renvalt
Dec 23, 2015, 05:58 AM
Welp, better play the shit out of this game before EP4 comes and kills it. The salon and graphics update looked amazing, but they had to anime this already anime game. I'm literally being poisoned by the anime overdose.

Miyazaki was right, otaku ruin everything

Y'know, as soon as I noticed those "DF Girls", I knew shit was about to head south with this game.

Fire Emblem got a similar pair of female otaku that somehow appear to have some manner of influence on the "direction" that the series is heading in (they appear to have their own FE:Cipher cards as well, and are super RP-ish in how they discuss shit).

I imagine there might be other instances like this out there, but so far these are the only two that I've managed to identify. But I do so hope this stays isolated to these two cases (and that they are properly "quarantined" or else "corrected" - as hypocritical as that is of me to say), because I fear what might happen to other franchises if this phenomena spreads.

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 05:58 AM
This remind me of player survey back then... if i recall correctly there's an option for "pet raising system" aside from PVP and bunch of irrelevant stuff.
I never expect they turn it to be class gimmick.

Xaeris
Dec 23, 2015, 06:00 AM
Ah ha ha ha...what. I mean, I'll reserve final judgment as I always do, but seriously, what.

Rupikachu
Dec 23, 2015, 06:01 AM
Y'know, as soon as I noticed those "DF Girls", I knew shit was about to head south with this game.

Fire Emblem got a similar pair of female otaku that somehow appear to have some manner of influence on the "direction" that the series is heading in (they appear to have their own FE:Cipher cards as well, and are super RP-ish in how they discuss shit).

I imagine there might be other instances like this out there, but so far these are the only two that I've managed to identify. But I do so hope this stays isolated to these two cases (and that they are properly "quarantined" or else "corrected" - as hypocritical as that is of me to say), because I fear what might happen to other franchises if this phenomena spreads.

But FE:Fates is pretty nice O_o

.Jack
Dec 23, 2015, 06:01 AM
There's not much to do but atm it seems fine for me if you just in for schedule EQ and doing regular things like cooldown ready co's with friends. For me there's always random clone hunt aq and any random 5x xq having + characters when I'm bored with nothing to do that can be very rewarding.

dekopong
Dec 23, 2015, 06:02 AM
Probably it's the difference of demand between Japan and overseas.

SEGA thought those 'Gakuen' light novel like settings will be more profitable than SF settings, I think.

Same for summoner. They want more wider player base. Though, I think those fantasy oriented things doesn't go well with the current player base. There is already FF14... Wanted a partner machinery customization or something like that...

Fortunately current combat system and the waifu-simulator is intact. I don't have much for where we fight and who we fight against. (Though I still wish they put decent SF-ish reasoning for the whole fantasy thing.)

Please don't say PSO2 is already too random for a SF...!

Renvalt
Dec 23, 2015, 06:07 AM
But FE:Fates is pretty nice O_o

That still doesn't stop the controversies from occurring. Even if the game is awesome and the hype is merited.

hoangsea
Dec 23, 2015, 06:17 AM
make more hard core stuff is needed
i'm tired with SEGA 's casual :-?

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 06:17 AM
"shit we need some reall fresh and cool stuff for new episode"
"lets just go with some shit that kids will like"
"so what, choppers and tanks?"
"i guess, lets throw in dinosaurs and zombies, oh, and a steamroller for le epic maymay xD"
"good idea, hm, remember that car cartoon that was popular back the 00s?"
"yeah, initial d"
"let's add some randomly drifting cars around, kids will love that shit"
"i suppose, i remember there was a doujin for initial d about multi track drifting with trains, let's make a train boss lel xDDDDDDD"

Naoya Kiriyama
Dec 23, 2015, 06:24 AM
"shit we need some reall fresh and cool stuff for new episode"
"lets just go with some shit that kids will like"
"so what, choppers and tanks?"
"i guess, lets throw in dinosaurs and zombies, oh, and a steamroller for le epic maymay xD"
"good idea, hm, remember that car cartoon that was popular back the 00s?"
"yeah, initial d"
"let's add some randomly drifting cars around, kids will love that shit"
"i suppose, i remember there was a doujin for initial d about multi track drifting with trains, let's make a train boss lel xDDDDDDD"

You forgot "Remember, we're SEGA and kids loves Sonic. Let's add speed and rings collection"

ttdestroy
Dec 23, 2015, 06:24 AM
My first time logging in in forever just to post.
WHAT IN THE HOLY HECK DID I JUST WATCH?!
I haven't logged into PSO2 since before Ep3, is this tied in with the story somehow? Just what the what.

Flaoc
Dec 23, 2015, 06:28 AM
i dont see the huge issue at all as long as ep4 improves the gameplay im all for whatever happens

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 06:30 AM
My first time logging in in forever just to post.
WHAT IN THE HOLY HECK DID I JUST WATCH?!
I haven't logged into PSO2 since before Ep3, is this tied in with the story somehow? Just what the what.
Nothing been told so far, they only showcase the weird part that doesn't make any sense.
Have to wait until they giving more details about it, or until the content actually released.

i dont see the huge issue at all as long as ep4 improves the gameplay im all for whatever happens
I was waiting for bunch of egg to drop as i play as non SU too.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 06:33 AM
make more hard core stuff is needed
i'm tired with SEGA 's casual :-?

You're looking at the wrong game mate, wait for Extreme Solo Quest if you want challenge.

Naoya Kiriyama
Dec 23, 2015, 06:37 AM
You're looking at the wrong game mate, wait for Extreme Solo Quest if you want challenge.

CM1 solo, more appropiate. Not sure if XQ Solo Quest would be as hard as it sounds

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 06:38 AM
CM1 solo, more appropiate. Not sure if XQ Solo Quest would be as hard as it sounds
XQ are a joke if your character are properly geared.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 06:41 AM
But dem level80 enemies <:3

fuusen_gum
Dec 23, 2015, 06:47 AM
remember ARKS GP elder + loser Lv 80, solo only in 1 minute ? ppftttt

JCry
Dec 23, 2015, 06:54 AM
Watched the Livestream previews. You're all melodramatic.
Can always leave, no ones stopping you.

dr apocalipsis
Dec 23, 2015, 06:55 AM
Even if my SSD dies tomorrow and my account gets deleted somehow, I would download all 30GB again and farm up to SHAQ just to be able to IlFoie dinosaurs.

Just saying.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 23, 2015, 06:58 AM
I remember ep1 where the story was barely tangible, and people are raging over this?

I'll wait for translations to add context before I pass judgement, and even if it sucks, oh well. Most of pso2's story is mediocre at best, and I go for huge stretches of time not touching matter board.

Also for the people so salty about it, I bet you don't even play the story that much. You wait months for a new matter board chapter, finish it in a few days like everyone else, and go back to playing the game for literally everything else.

In short: doomsday posts are hilarious, and who really cares that much about story at this point?

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 07:00 AM
I am literally not dealing with this.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/Alr4mUE.png[/spoiler-box]
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/HcVlaij.png[/spoiler-box]

www.youtube.com/watch?v=diRsUQC6ENE

Seeya, space cowboys.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 23, 2015, 07:06 AM

Seeya, space cowboys.

Dude.

Lol.

Are you really quitting over the story (that we know nothing of) and setting alone? That's what I want to know.

Flaoc
ok bye

wefwq
why are you trying to shit the market?

ZerotakerZX
Deleting my Sega ID right now, and you should drop everything and do exactly the same this fakin instant!

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 07:08 AM
Don't forget to sell all your equipment to NPC too, and use the remaining meseta to buy monomates.

Maenara
Dude.

Lol.

Are you really quitting over the story (that we know nothing of) and setting alone? That's what I want to know.

Wrong verb tense.

Don't forget to sell all your equipment to NPC too, and use the remaining meseta to buy monomates.

Gave all my muns to pals. Besides that 200k in the video, was too lazy to get rid of it.

Flaoc
lol? crybabies everywhere

Meteor Weapon
Have fun regretting all that and trying to get back on later.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 23, 2015, 07:09 AM
Wrong verb tense.

Did you really quit* over the story (that we know nothing of) and setting alone?

I mean really, it was a pointless thing to do that you can only regret. You coulda've just... you know... not play.

Maenara
Dec 23, 2015, 07:10 AM
Have fun regretting all that and trying to get back on later.

Nah. Difference between me and you is that I can stop, buddy. This post is the last time you'll ever hear from me. Have fun with your shit casual game.

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 23, 2015, 07:10 AM

Seeya, space cowboys.

hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahaha the butt hurt is real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FopyRHHlt3M

Naoya Kiriyama
Dec 23, 2015, 07:11 AM

Seeya, space cowboys.

2/10 there's no video deleting the game, deleting your account and burning all your SEGA game and merchandise after this one

Asuka~
Nah. Difference between me and you is that I can stop, buddy. This post is the last time you'll ever hear from me. Have fun with your shit casual game.

It better be. XD Good riddance! o/

jooozek
i like how this trainwreck is dismissed as "muh story" :wacko: it's not like some random shit slapped in around doesn't make this like some steam greenlight garbage stitched up together from unity3d store assests :wacko:

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 07:12 AM
l m a o
m
a
o

thread lock soon

Agastya
ep4 is the real gaijin purge because you're all so buttblasted

new area looks awesome, mobs look like fun to fight

Meteor Weapon
You're expecting and trying to hard with this game.

Great Pan
Dec 23, 2015, 07:13 AM
C'mon SEGA! Where's my dark and gritty sci-fi atmostphere!? Totaly not amuse with this highskool LN shit.

Flaoc
Dec 23, 2015, 07:14 AM
It better be. XD Good riddance! o/

pretty much what i wanted to say

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 23, 2015, 07:15 AM
I'm honestly wondering if people are quitting over the story and setting, since that's the one thing that I admit could possibly be lacking. Quite literally everything else is something to look forward to.

I personally don't care about the story because it takes up such a minor (non-existant) part of the reasons I play.

dr apocalipsis
Dec 23, 2015, 07:16 AM
Best PSO2 troll.

I kneel before you, my master.

Nyansan
Dec 23, 2015, 07:16 AM

QFT. More effective than any IP block imo.

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 23, 2015, 07:17 AM
I'm honestly wondering if people are quitting over the story and setting, since that's the one thing that I admit could possibly be lacking.

I personally don't care about the story because it takes up such a minor (non-existant) part of the reasons I play.

Been playing this series for years and the last thing I ever think about is the dam story since its been pretty "eh" since PSU. Hell it wasn't really that great in some of the older games.

jooozek
I'm honestly wondering if people are quitting over the story and setting, since that's the one thing that I admit could possibly be lacking. Quite literally everything else is something to look forward to.

you will go so fast with the provided rings that you will forget it's even a game :wacko:

Rupikachu

Really? I mean Pso2 isn't the epitome of map quality but even urban looks way more detailed that...

NoiseHERO
Wait what's going on? this game's gonna have anime highschool??

That sounds hilarious... and fitting to 90% of what this game's direction has already been going in.

Our space opera fight against extinction neo city cyberpunk world was long dead after like month 3.

Naoya Kiriyama
Dec 23, 2015, 07:18 AM
As I said, I don't mind it at all since it could just be a gaiden episode. I don't remember people getting so butthurt with other games on the old when they did stuff like that, like Diablo 2 Cow level, Red Alert Ants level, and so, so, so, so, so much more examples.

Icis
Dec 23, 2015, 07:18 AM
Nothing is wrong with the update. People freaking out like this...is really amazing.

Agastya
Dec 23, 2015, 07:19 AM
Really? I mean Pso2 isn't the epitome of map quality but even urban looks way more detailed that...
who cares about the graphics, i just want to fight enemies with personality and quite frankly beamasaurus rex and ROAD ROLLER have had more personality than any non-darker enemy

Sayara
Dec 23, 2015, 07:20 AM
i like how this trainwreck is dismissed as "muh story" :wacko: it's not like some random shit slapped in around doesn't make this like some steam greenlight garbage stitched up together from unity3d store assests :wacko:

So you're saying..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_BppTQvAQ
this will be EP 5? :wacko:
(Sorry i cant find the actual trailer without this guy talking with it)

In all seriousness though. Initial disgust aside lets see what actually happens when the stuff actually begins to happen. Im more inline with the idea of possessed vehicles and shit vs just flat out zambies and dinosaurs though. But again lets wait and let the pot simmer before you burn your hands again.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 07:20 AM
Seriously tho we've already had the loli, the yandere no one shut up about for for a year(in a positive reception way??), probably like 5-10 tsunderes and kuuderes in there, we're getting a literal actual ANIME.

And then the actual academy breaks the camels back? I gotta see this!

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 07:21 AM
SEGA was right to choose to appeal on JP audience.

So you're saying..
SKATE MAN INTENSE RESCUE - Welp, Videogames Have Peaked! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_BppTQvAQ)
lol wtf is that.

Lumpen Thingy
Dec 23, 2015, 07:21 AM
So you're saying..
SKATE MAN INTENSE RESCUE - Welp, Videogames Have Peaked! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IK_BppTQvAQ)
this will be EP 5? :wacko:
(Sorry i cant find the actual trailer without this guy talking with it)

In all seriousness though. Initial disgust aside lets see what actually happens when the stuff actually begins to happen. Im more inline with the idea of possessed vehicles and shit vs just flat out zambies and dinosaurs though. But again lets wait and let the pot simmer before you burn your hands again.

you beat me to it when it comes to linking a shitty game from green light with his amazing commentary ;c

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 07:23 AM
Seriously tho we've already had the loli, the yandere no one shut up about for for a year, probably like 5-10 tsunderes and kuuderes in there, we're getting a literal actual ANIME.

And then the actual academy breaks the camels back? I gotta see this!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj49eS4sxeU"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj49eS4sxeU
in case it escaped you :wacko:

Vatallus
Dec 23, 2015, 07:24 AM
Episode 4: Beast Wars

KEERIK
Dec 23, 2015, 07:26 AM
Episode 4: Beast Wars

Episode 4: The Phantom Pain

Strobo_Lemon
Dec 23, 2015, 07:27 AM
Maenara

All that work gone, down the drain.

You might not regret it now, but you will eventually.

I'm sure of it.

dekopong
Dec 23, 2015, 07:28 AM
Wow, much intense reaction than I thought.

For those who miss DF and those things, probably you don't have to worry, I think. Did you see that boy sitting on the bed in the video? He's really fishy. Probably a DF.

In the broadcast, the directors said all those random things were born from the fear and anxiety people have( sounds a bit Silent Hill). It's pretty similar to how the DFs were born. ARKS found a DF or another menace and trying to get rid of it.

If SEGA doesn't go too much into high school life, you can still see the ARKS saga. They are just introducing high school everyday life as a spice.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 07:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj49eS4sxeU

LMFAO I like this!

Also wtf is that hedgehog engine run @_@

catwat
Dec 23, 2015, 07:29 AM

:doughboy:

Vatallus
Dec 23, 2015, 07:30 AM
Episode 4: The Phantom Pain

Episode 4: Peace Walker

isCasted
Dec 23, 2015, 07:32 AM
As it's been said numerous times by now, expecting something that's not a joke from PSO2 is futile. Look at all the Rappies, Lillipans, Nyau, Umblla, Boing etc. Look at all the loli, bikini and tsundere dragons. Look at Falz Arms and Double, and then at Apprentice Gia's ...thing.

And, just to remind you, the game starts off with a black guy dying from a spider.

I'd want a more or less serious Phantasy Star story again, but face it - it's just not happening.

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 07:40 AM
TRIGGER WARNING the next step can only be TRIGGER WARNING
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/Ong1enY.png[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sizustar
Dec 23, 2015, 07:46 AM
LMFAO I like this!

Also wtf is that hedgehog engine run @_@

So do most of the playerbase, and I think Tw and SEA are wondering if they'll get that content, or if they'll have to jump ship to try it from what I'm reading.
It's only here that seems to be getting angry about it.

Reiketsu
Dec 23, 2015, 07:48 AM
What the fuuuuuck!? LOL
Was that Yakuza zombies in the trailer and The Thing ice bears??
AND A GOD-FUCKING T-REX!?

HOLY SHIT!!

This is beyond words. I absolutely love it, lmfao
A T-Rex in my PSO2. Do we get Raptors, too?? Can we Ride them??

Shit. I'm honestly in love with all of this. If you can't do PSO right, might as well go batshit insane with your game, haha

Also, if this takes place in Japan, is the SEGA HQ gonna be the base of the evil masterminds and we have to destroy it??

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 07:57 AM
What the fuuuuuck!? LOL
Was that Yakuza zombies in the trailer and The Thing ice bears??
AND A GOD-FUCKING T-REX!?

HOLY SHIT!!

This is beyond words. I absolutely love it, lmfao
A T-Rex in my PSO2. Do we get Raptors, too?? Can we Ride them??

Shit. I'm honestly in love with all of this. If you can't do PSO right, might as well go batshit insane with your game, haha

Also, if this takes place in Japan, is the SEGA HQ gonna be the base of the evil masterminds and we have to destroy it??

Right??

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 08:04 AM
hahahaha i love this idea.

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 23, 2015, 08:07 AM

Seeya, space cowboys.

Mae, this just really came off as juvenile and brash. I really thought you would be a bit more rational about this. I mean, I understand the backlash from lots of people, I myself hate how PSO2 went full anime on us, but I'm sure a majority of us are gonna give it EP4 a chance and evaluate how it goes.

Sure, Summoner is an out of place piece of shit looking class, but it might be fun.... I just don't see the appeal of people wanting fucking pets in action combat MMOs and how they keep creeping in the online games I play at some point.

And sure, EP4 taking place on Earth... of all places that there could of been in what's left of the... "PSO universe" and now making the shit looking anime canon. For the lore lovers, they definitely fucked everything up in that regard and the pacing is just weird after the epicness of the Falz saga. <--- I mean, from what I know, cause I didn't do much matterboards cause they're annoying as fuck to do.

But god damn, I would be lying if I didn't say that Phantom enemies look badass, Earth looks fun to run around in (the Sonic-esque running parts specifically), and character customization revamp looks awesome. Absolutely none of that didn't even want you to stick around for even a little bit longer? The direction may look like it's going south, but for fuck's sake you could've just enjoyed the ride down for what it's worth. Not saying you'll regret deleting your shit, but I hope you don't come to cause there is no coming back from that. Not that you'll see this anyway, but best wishes.

Edit: And in spite of obviously stupid decisions here and there, I'm even more excited for EP4 than I was before. It's sad some people can't look past some faults for 'muh story' and 'muh immersion' and pull garbage like this.

Dark Emerald EXE
Dec 23, 2015, 08:07 AM
I'll keep playing until the game no longer interest me...

I stopped playing PSU because for a long time only thing people did was White Beast S2 (but of course that was state side version so that maybe why haha)

Edit: Also.....i get to fight a T-rex?!

(Jurassic Park Simulator 2016)

Vatallus
Dec 23, 2015, 08:20 AM
The rage is pretty awesome to read I must admit. Doesn't really look that terrible, yet. More things to beat up. Could do without Earth though. Personally hoping a Falz or Profound nukes that into space dust.

RX-93
Dec 23, 2015, 08:28 AM
Hah. If Episode 4 can make you people rage that badly, then maybe its not so bad after all. I really loved that rage quit.

Bellion
Dec 23, 2015, 08:31 AM
Will I be able to suplex that phantom train?

Sayara
Dec 23, 2015, 08:32 AM
Will I be able to suplex that phantom train?

Suplex class when?

I guess WLs but No :<

Vatallus
Dec 23, 2015, 08:44 AM
I personally rated this thread 5 stars for the rage quit video.

Zorak000
Dec 23, 2015, 08:49 AM
I got strong Parasite Eve vibes from the phantom enemies

They managed to make Earth seem more appropriate for the setting than Harukotan

Reiketsu
Dec 23, 2015, 08:51 AM
Talking with team about all of this, and the more I think about it the more amazing it is.
This opens up so many new possibilities, like how can you hate it?

TD5 should let your drive cars, tanks and pilot choppers across Tokyo.
Mow down the Yakuza zombie waves!

Arialle
Dec 23, 2015, 08:55 AM
As some1 whose been playing since PSOBB, the feeling Ep4 gave me was how i feel like Konami screwing with Hideo Kojima....

I cant say for the story and links but the design is horrendous and lack of feel and it feels like it just turned into some generic typical anime MMORPG...actually it has been for sometime but it wasnt as bad until this

the monster and map design is like a far cry from its precessors, even i feel the Summoners are gonna be useless much as the new NPCs

Kinda miss those maps that look like some dead ancient alien civilization, underground labs, deep swamps, temples

Enough with the trees stones modern yada yada yada

If the rationale behind this is to link with the anime then i cant be as much bothered cause i know the anime will flop..

I dont just assume cause i have already seen enough over many years.

Even the crowd didnt have much response to the video unlike the reveal of EP 2 and 3 lol...

well this is just my opinion

Its been a great 3 years here lol

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 09:04 AM
You guys better goddamn wait for it to be released for real instead of complaining like its the end of the world, WTF is wrong with you guys.

Flaoc
Dec 23, 2015, 09:07 AM
You guys better goddamn wait for it to be released for real instead of complaining like its the end of the world, WTF is wrong with you guys.

5char

Tankotron
Dec 23, 2015, 09:08 AM
Who the fuck has been playing PSO2 for it's dark and gripping storyline lol. Fools don't realize it's already been uggu enough what with all the school type outfits and swimsuits? Anybody mad was likely already the type of person who bitched about anything and just wants another excuse to rage at a game they keep playing even if they don't like it.

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 09:09 AM

you act as if someone saying anything bad about the game literally assaulted someone dear to you :wacko:

Flaoc
Dec 23, 2015, 09:12 AM
why dont we all just calm the fuck down and enjoy the best thing that happened tonight

[SPOILER-BOX]
https://36.media.tumblr.com/3bfdadba6bc81561e324955577a6d39e/tumblr_nzsnk3mK001s76ppoo1_1280.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 09:14 AM
As some1 whose been playing since PSOBB, the feeling Ep4 gave me was how i feel like Konami screwing with Hideo Kojima...
how these even compare to PSO2 EP4

why dont we all just calm the fuck down and enjoy the best thing that happened tonight

[spoiler-box]
https://36.media.tumblr.com/3bfdadba6bc81561e324955577a6d39e/tumblr_nzsnk3mK001s76ppoo1_1280.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Literally the best thing to happen in this livestream.

Mattykins
Dec 23, 2015, 09:14 AM
Sega be like...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/imI3Knq.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Also, like... if we're all from Earth, an Earth with Earth cultures I assume, why is no one alarmed when we pretty much find feudal Japan in space?

HentaiLolicon
Dec 23, 2015, 09:18 AM
Good, no more gaijin scrubs with Luckyrise units.

Lostbob117
I like this approach for a new field than make a new field that has the same boring Emergency Trials. I always did want a fixed city rather then the destroyed Arks one.

Meteor Weapon
you act as if someone saying anything bad about the game literally assaulted someone dear to you :wacko:

No, I'm just sick of this retarded raging negativity that's been going on for every content update that wasn't even released yet.

Oh well, freedom of speech I guess. *shrugs*

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 09:20 AM
No, I'm just sick of this retarded raging negativity that's been going on for every content update that wasn't even released yet.

does it hurt when people say bad things about stuff they can plainly see? :wacko:

HentaiLolicon
Dec 23, 2015, 09:21 AM
does it hurt when people say bad things about stuff they can plainly see? :wacko:
Say it out loud ONCE and just fucking quit.

Arialle
Dec 23, 2015, 09:22 AM

Well for me i just perceive things from trailers, it gives the hype and probably the feel wether some1 will play or not....which it didnt work for me.

Its just like how i see Persona 5 being better for me and i can tell FF15 will flop.

i once tried to play the games despite the shitty trailers or reviews and regretted it...it was then FF13 and Star Ocean Last Hope.

well then again people's negativity is no one's loss

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 09:22 AM
Say it out loud ONCE and just fucking quit.

not once did i consider quitting, what's your point? :wacko:

NightfallG
Dec 23, 2015, 09:24 AM
I'm more interested in seeing what they're going to do with this and if the Earth thing is going to be a subtle attempt at tying it in with the original series somehow. I could totally see them trying to set PSO2 as a prequel to everything what with setting things in EY2028 or whatever.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 09:27 AM
Just hope that the next installment (if they ever let go of PSO2, which doesn't even seem likely, but it's still "early" in the game since they said they wanted to milk it for 10 years or something) happens when the industry has changed a bit, and we can all treat PSO2 as the modern PSIII.
And hope the audience has changed what they'll mindlessly throw money at so they'll stop encouraging stuff like this.

I'll just... take this. For my sig.

In 10 years there will be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY-HAY-HAY better scifi games than the phantasy star series, expand your horizons. x_X

Well there already is prolly i dun feel like thinkin' about that.

Also, your sig is pretty anime.

Sizustar
Dec 23, 2015, 09:28 AM
I'm more interested in seeing what they're going to do with this and if the Earth thing is going to be a subtle attempt at tying it in with the original series somehow. I could totally see them trying to set PSO2 as a prequel to everything what with setting things in EY2028 or whatever.

Episode 4 is set 1 year after the anime though it seems.

HentaiLolicon
Dec 23, 2015, 09:28 AM
"Consider", better prove yourself then. You can do nothing about this game 'cause it's all up to sega. If you are that dedicated to pso you should contact sega not whining here

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 09:29 AM
"Consider", better prove yourself then. You can do nothing about this game 'cause it's all up to sega. If you are that dedicated to pso you should contact sega not whining here

Your name is hentai lolicon, calm down.

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 09:32 AM

i've been filling out the feedback surveys whenever they come out :wacko: i'll be sure to shit on that by the time the next one comes out if that trainwreck is out by that time :wacko:
also, this is a forum, not an echo chamber :wacko:

Lostbob117

It's not like it matters if you complain or not. This thread though is to pretty much to give out your thoughts on if it's ruined or not(I guess?). Though you could, you know, not click the thread.

Meteor Weapon
In 10 years there will be WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY-HAY-HAY better scifi games than the phantasy star series, expand your horizons. x_X

Well there already is prolly i dun feel like thinkin' about that.

Also, your sig is pretty anime.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, havent played that but I'm itching to play it. But for current online Space Opera SCI-FI action rpg, I don't think anything else could top PSO2 atm, unless I overlooked it.

How is Destiny btw?

NightfallG
Dec 23, 2015, 09:35 AM

Isn't that the one where some schoolkids characters come alive or whatever? It's like the stageplay, right?

It'd be kinda dumb in that case but they could still try to tie everything in and excuse it as a really, *really* anime genesis for everything that happened in the original PS series.

E: Also for the record I don't think it's 'ruined' as long as the new content is decent from a gameplay perspective, but I know I'm the odd one out on that one.

Reiketsu
Dec 23, 2015, 09:36 AM

Wait, the anime is actually canon?
I thought it was about school kids playing PSO2 on their PCs?

So PSO2 is a game on Earth, but it's also literally real?

Ryziou
Dec 23, 2015, 09:37 AM
So explain why everyone's so upset about this? I need a TLDR.

I see Mae quitted over IDK but top kek. I'm guessing it's because of the story?

Lostbob117
Dec 23, 2015, 09:38 AM
Wait, the anime is actually canon?
I thought it was about school kids playing PSO2 on their PCs?

So PSO2 is a game on Earth, but it's also literally real?

It's probably not even on the PCs.

RX-93
Dec 23, 2015, 09:39 AM

THIS GAME IS TOO ANIMU! RAGE! Something like that, apparently.

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 09:39 AM

there wasn't any story reveal, they've shown some earth entry and then a high school girl slice of life bits with a shota :wacko: they've just shown that ridiculous multi field :wacko:

Vatallus
Dec 23, 2015, 09:40 AM
Hey hey hey, now all the waifus can be on Earth. One step closer. ;)

Ryziou
Dec 23, 2015, 09:42 AM
THIS GAME IS TOO ANIMU! RAGE! Something like that, apparently.

Is that really all?

All I can say to that is top kek.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 09:44 AM
Xenoblade Chronicles X, havent played that but I'm itching to play it. But for current online Space Opera SCI-FI action rpg, I don't think anything else could top PSO2, unless I overlooked it.

How is Destiny btw?

A lot of dedicated players overate PSO2 to death, but all of it's understandable why-are-you-still-here(myself included) haters underate it too. Destroying what the fanbase originally loved from the series or being too anime or not. There's WAYYYY worse MMOs that fail to- well the list could go on for like 12 paragraphs in terms of what MMOs fail at in terms of being good videogames.

This game might get hollow after a while, but it's never a surprise when it blows away new players. It's objectively mediocre as a game overall. But as a community focused dress up game action RPG (and for the first year of the game a sci-fi adventure.) It's decent once you get past SEGA spitting in it's most loyal fan's faces and everyone just taking it like masochists...

Untill you add tokyo and a highschool WHOA now shit got TOO GAY HOLD ON.

But in 10 years? especially in this generation Sci-fi/Cyberpunk is getting rapidly more standout and popular than usual because more things are becoming Sci-fact/Reality? As well as videogame tech just getting better?

Yeah in 10 years I'll be creeped out to see anyone still caring about phantasy star outside of nostalgia or it's few actually good games. Unless a new better game from this series DOES somehow come into existence.

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 09:45 AM

Starting from class that peope thought it was out of place, though it's not that relevant anymore since we already see it for awhile.
Then they show tokyo map, complete with yakuza zombie, t-rex, a fucking tank and chopper gunship, and a friggin shinkansen snake thing.
The new plot consist about highschool girl, doing moderate cute things on the trailer.

And so the entire thread shit on it.
Apparently people expect EP4 to be grimdark sci-fi metal brutal and coolgame or something!

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 09:45 AM
Theory.

PSO2 EP4 prologue: Player Character and other ARKS involved in the Earth expedition in search of a way to seal/destroy Profound Darkness for good goes cold sleep for 2 years

PSO2 The Animation: 1 year before EP4 begins, connecting to the ARKS Fleet via some sort of tech(probably Mother Brain/Trinity/Phantom Goddess) accidentally caused the creation of Phantoms

PSO2 EP4: A new world with a new problem arises.

Lostbob117
Dec 23, 2015, 09:47 AM
Theory.

PSO2 EP4 prologue: Player Character and other ARKS involved in the Earth expedition in search of a way to seal/destroy Profound Darkness for good goes cold sleep for 2 years

PSO2 The Animation: 1 year before EP4 begins, connecting to the ARKS Fleet via some sort of tech(probably Mother Brain/Trinity/Phantom Goddess) accidentally caused the creation of Phantoms

inb4 "oops we hit Falz to earth. WE MUST CHASE HIM NOW

Ryziou
Dec 23, 2015, 09:47 AM
Starting from class that peope thought it was out of place, though it's not that relevant anymore since we already see it for awhile.
Then they show tokyo map, complete with yakuza zombie, t-rex, a fucking tank and chopper gunship, and a friggin shinkansen snake thing.
The new plot consist about highschool girl, doing moderate cute things on the trailer.

And so the entire thread shit on it.

Amazing. Thanks for the TLDR. I'm surprised people here actually think SEGA caters to the Western community.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 09:49 AM
inb4 "oops we hit Falz to earth. WE MUST CHASE HIM NOW

All falzes are dead, unless PD pops out another one for lolz

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 09:52 AM
I thought that falzes are never really "dead" after we beat them into pulp?

Theory.

Can you also can explain the new operator?
I think i hear that she's act as Xiao replacemant, what happened to him?

Lostbob117
Dec 23, 2015, 09:53 AM

Falz is clearly REBORN

Xaelouse
Dec 23, 2015, 09:54 AM
this thread, smh

Ryziou
Dec 23, 2015, 09:54 AM
How is Destiny btw?

Don't touch it.

Unless a new better game from this series DOES somehow come into existence.

PSO3 :^ )

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 09:55 AM
I think she's more of the operator/captain/admiral/navigator in guiding ARKS for the Earth Expedition Fleet? I dunno much about Japanese so.... *shrugs*

No more Melitta and her obnoxious scream on Earth hopefully.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 09:57 AM
What I'm wondering is if this is how episode 4's gonna be, what's episode 5 going to be like?

Zanverse
Dec 23, 2015, 09:57 AM
If you want to quit, then by all means, do it. Please. There's no reason to stay if you're gonna shit on PSO2. You're just being a whiny Western fans, because I'm sure there isn't much or any Japanese players complaining as much as you guys.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 09:58 AM
I thought that falzes are never really "dead" after we beat them into pulp?

Story wise, they're dead....I think. Again InB4 Gettemhart makes a return out of nowhere.

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 23, 2015, 09:58 AM
Amazing. Thanks for the TLDR. I'm surprised people here actually think SEGA caters to the Western community.

I'm pretty sure people are complaining as PSO fans, not as 'westerners'. I don't think anyone that really wants PSO2 to transform from an awesome sci-fi environment to an oversaturated anime one. Not that it hasn't already, just moreso than before... and continually lol. I still love the game regardless.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 10:01 AM

Live out your phantasy in Virtual reality high-school girl's bathroom toilet simulator. In space high-school.

Ranger = urinal

Hunter = sitter

Force = squatter

I just threw up a lil in my mouth typing that.

Only in 2025 where just everything is legal now cause Kanye became 2020 president.

dekopong
Dec 23, 2015, 10:02 AM
The new operator thing is an entity( probably a droid?) to manage ARKS ship.

Xiao decided to give up his power over ARKS and trying to make the ARKS to stand on their own feet. Probably he thought he will become like a dictator even he doesn't want to.

Edit:
Though, with eternal life and god like power, it's a little strange to leave the people for that reason. Maybe he can't live long or something.

NightfallG
Dec 23, 2015, 10:02 AM
Live out your phantasy in Virtual reality high-school girl's bathroom toilet simulator. In space high-school.

Ranger = urinal

Hunter = sitter

Force = squatter

I just threw up a lil in my mouth typing that.

Only in 2025 where just everything is legal now cause Kanye became 2020 president.

wellllllp

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 10:05 AM
Xiao decided to give up his power over ARKS and trying to make the ARKS to stand on their own feet. Probably he thought he will become like a dictator even he doesn't want to.
mandatory "did he died" question.

Ryziou
Dec 23, 2015, 10:07 AM
I'm pretty sure people are complaining as PSO fans, not as 'westerners'. I don't think anyone that really wants PSO2 to transform from an awesome sci-fi environment to an oversaturated anime one. Not that it hasn't already, just moreso than before... and continually lol. I still love the game regardless.

Haven't really seen a game doing a sequel and then cater to old fans instead of bringing in new fans honestly. If they want PSO2 to be just like PSO then they can go play PSO.

dekopong
Dec 23, 2015, 10:07 AM
mandatory "did he died" question.

Unless he didn't die in the 2 years between ep3's end and the start of ep4. Sorry for the confusion.

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 10:08 AM
Unless he didn't die in the 2 years between ep3's end and the start of ep4. Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks for your answers.
I kinda curious to see how EP4 kickstart the plot.

ashley50
Dec 23, 2015, 10:12 AM
That was a nice read.

TaigaUC
Dec 23, 2015, 10:13 AM
If you want to quit, then by all means, do it. Please. There's no reason to stay if you're gonna shit on PSO2. You're just being a whiny Western fans, because I'm sure there isn't much or any Japanese players complaining as much as you guys.

I got a similar reaction from JP friends I talked to. As in, they feel episode 4 is pretty bizarre so far. I'm sure it depends on the individual whether they like it or not.
I don't think there's anything wrong with complaining on random forums or between friends, etc.
It's not like it harms anybody. People should be allowed to express frustration/complaints. It's not like anybody else is being forced to read them.

Now, if a bunch of people started bullying and boycotting SEGA, then that'd be going too far.

Konquer
Dec 23, 2015, 10:15 AM
saints row 4 does ridiculous things like these and nobody rages about it.

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 10:17 AM

saint's row whole gimmick is being ridiculous so that's a kinda bad comparison :wacko:

Ryziou
Dec 23, 2015, 10:21 AM

That's just Saints Row being Saints Row. It's always been like that iirc.

isCasted
Dec 23, 2015, 10:22 AM
People did rage about it, though. SR2 was just well-done GTA alternative. SR3 introduced excesive stupid humor, and SR4 went full trippin'.

Konquer
Dec 23, 2015, 10:22 AM
how bout people love "one punch man" so much that they made PSO2 like this

Shirai
Dec 23, 2015, 10:25 AM
Nothing bizarre with a little bit slice of life animu
now all our animu fantasies can come true on planet earth, isn't that just amazing?

Nyansan
Dec 23, 2015, 10:27 AM
I'm kinda likening this to what happened to Resident Evil 4 and the change in the game's direction from survival horror to a more action paced game. Sure, zombies are a RE thing but as someone put it, 'it was getting stagnant and trapped in 1998' by going the zombie horror flick route. Hence we see the change from zombies to bug-ridden humans.

I can see PSO2 EP4 be the same way in the direction it's heading. It's trying to cater to an expanded audience by changing things up and hope that people like it.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 23, 2015, 10:28 AM
now all our animu fantasies can come true on planet earth, isn't that just amazing?

I bet that's exactly what SEGA thought when they designed EP4 and it'll become the motto of that said episode :wacko:

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 10:28 AM
how bout people love "one punch man" so much that they made PSO2 like this

one punch man at least features destroyed environment in places where action takes place, pso2 episode 4? untouched city with tanks, choppers and steamrollers wrecking shit :wacko: or it's a giant ruse by aliens with photons emulating human civilization, hard to say what will sega make it :wacko:

yoshiblue
Dec 23, 2015, 10:29 AM
MabinogiPSO2: Fantasy Life

Z-0
Dec 23, 2015, 10:30 AM
I'm just going to say that Earth has been in the PS series before, it's very much part of the PS universe as everything else.

Meteor Weapon
Dec 23, 2015, 10:35 AM
Phantasy Star Zero has Mother Trinity screwing up planet Earth. So maybe this is really the Mother Brain Saga, just renamed as Phantom?

BlackAlphaG
Dec 23, 2015, 10:36 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8IBb2nn.gif

Never change PSO-W

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 10:46 AM
What if EP4 story are telling that our character actually a psychopath all along, EP1~3 are just our character imagination! and now that our character now make an escape to tokyo to wreck shit while actually all those tank and choppers are milita sent to eliminate this crazy bastard!
Trully the deepest lore, i would delete my character to see it happen.

Ryziou
Dec 23, 2015, 10:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/8IBb2nn.gif

Never change PSO-W

Lmao, that was great.

starwind75043
Dec 23, 2015, 10:51 AM
I'm just going to say that Earth has been in the PS series before, it's very much part of the PS universe as everything else.

Exactly if people just doing a basic search earth references to earth actually appears quit a bit in the Phantasy Star series.

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 10:56 AM
i don't think anyone cares about the planet being earth, it's more of that it's a mix of shit that doesn't make sense together and that is popular tropes :wacko: i mean, you got cars drifting on the streets while there is some steamroller along choppers and tanks with zombie yakuza and dinosaurs and sonic rings :D 420 blaze it https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR-WwrdhWnTHE9l88oYFdSTT6CXX4rbOJrJhLrtoISf9oPWXibGIQ

Punisher106
Dec 23, 2015, 10:56 AM
Personally, I think this is a very interesting change from the norm. I like variety. Personally, those SANIC E-trials look to be a bit fun, and it's nice to be running and blasting through an INTACT, FUNCTIONAL ENVIRONMENT, rather than a place that's seen some shit. (Okay, there's the Mothership, but it's not exactly a regular field.)

Also, blowing up tanks and helicopters? Hell, yes. And a Train Hydra? Okay, I laughed at how ridiculous that is, but it's still amusing.

Enforcer MKV
Dec 23, 2015, 11:12 AM
I thought you were being super negative as well on that thread :P

Well....yeah. Because I haven't liked a lot of what they've been doing for the last few months. My thoughts on all this are mostly negative.

It didn't help that I stayed up until roughly 5am just to see....that. Was more than a bit tweaked from lack of sleep and what I consider a less than stellar showing.

The customization is the only thing that comes to mind that I actually liked.

EDIT: And just to be clear - I'm mostly upset by the fact that nothing they showed content wise looked fun to me.

NoobSpectre
Dec 23, 2015, 11:42 AM
Welp:

you chase and hit cars, cars get boom.

Cars hit you, you fly.

All these trainings by Quartz Dragon pay off.

Should know that next episode has greater inventory slot and storage space for ya dem cubes and stones, and the ass sliders or character customization and whatnot, more phashion star online but not necessary loli ass online. Done.

And someone pls hang a rifle over their neck when that is released.

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 11:45 AM
Welp:

you chase and hit cars, cars get boom.

Cars hit you, you fly.

All these trainings by Quartz Dragon pay off.

Should know that next episode has greater inventory slot and storage space for ya dem cubes and stones, and the ass sliders or character customization and whatnot, more phashion star online but not necessary loli ass online. Done.

And someone pls hang a rifle over their neck when that is released.
inventory expansion you will get if you pay for it from what i understand, the only free storage we are getting is the each character storage

Anduril
Dec 23, 2015, 12:47 PM
Phantasy Star Zero has Mother Trinity screwing up planet Earth. So maybe this is really the Mother Brain Saga, just renamed as Phantom?
PSZ doesn't take place on our Earth, it takes place on Coral, the planet that PSO's Pioneer ships departed from. The people after the Great Disaster call it Earth in the same sense that we have called our planet Earth, ie. the earth/ground upon which we stand. The only time we have had any mention of Earth-Earth in a PS game was in the original series.

xekiil1
Dec 23, 2015, 12:54 PM
I'm really confused about the nature of this post. What's so bad about Episode 4? Someone explain?

saraishadow
Dec 23, 2015, 01:01 PM
The negativity is strong with this thread.

vaerix
Dec 23, 2015, 01:07 PM
I'm personally amused by Earth twelve years from now. One step into the fyoochur and shit gets wild.

wefwq
Dec 23, 2015, 01:21 PM
I'm really confused about the nature of this post. What's so bad about Episode 4? Someone explain?
Read the thread, it was hilarious anyway.
tl;dr some people get mad that SEGA breaking their precious phantasy star series.

Zorua
Dec 23, 2015, 01:24 PM
I was a bit unfair with my comments last night. I'm upset with the direction the story is going, but I played up my reaction a bit because of how much fun I was having.

That said, the new content looks fucking incredible. The salon updates are just hnng, the new planet might be a bit "wtf" but it does look fun, and oh my god do the new enemies look like a blast to fight. Also, as a huge Pokemon nerd, summoner looks like the best thing ever.

Still though, I can't help but be upset with how this feels like some lazy attempt to shoehorn in the anime for fan service. I'm hoping this is just some side story and that the sleep chamber means this shit isn't actually real (They did mention that you have to be in ep4 to get the new ares). I mean, first we were saving the universe from the PD, but now I have to talk to high school girls?

Anyway, that fucking train hydra, guys. Am I the only one that was legitimately screaming when that showed up? It looks so damn cool!

Z-0
Dec 23, 2015, 01:30 PM
Sleep chamber is probably some tie-in with PSNova, as they are the cold sleep chamber pods on Delta Valiant's ship. Since E4 takes place two years later, it's very possible for the ship to have returned to the Oracle.

Cyber Meteor
Dec 23, 2015, 01:36 PM
What makes you think that anime inclusion will take the whole EP4? I mean most of the angry ppl, are acting like it's the case based on a 1 min show off among a 5 mins trailer.
Plus, Story of PSO2 represents like 10% of the game, that anime thing is just a part of EP4 story which will make it like 1-2% of the game? So, if 1-2% goes the way you don't wanted it to follow, then the whole game is destroyed? That's what you're really thinking? :-?
One last thing, there would be no point in doing that anime if the EP4 goes fully into that anime story, almost getting to the point of being able to replace it which is how it looks like for you. It's not like PSO2 is unpopular and was in very need of that, so i doubt it'll be the core of EP4 despite Earth being the new planet thus having multiple areas

Cerebral Assassin
Dec 23, 2015, 01:47 PM
I am ok with Trains spitting trains.

Zorua
Dec 23, 2015, 01:52 PM
You're hopefully right, it probably won't. I'm just keeping in mind that Harktotan took a huge chunk of EP3. We don't really know what's going to happen yet. For all we know the main story could continue with the matterboards and these new story boards could be for the Earth subplot.

Anduril
Dec 23, 2015, 01:52 PM
My beef with the new content is just the fact that they are doing the schoolgirl part of the story, unless it serves as a prequel to the world becoming infested with Phantoms in a Bad End. I do kinda wish they had made the new planet not Earth, but what can you do? Most of my time will be with the character creation stuff anyway.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 23, 2015, 01:54 PM
The new operator thing is an entity( probably a droid?) to manage ARKS ship.

Edit:
Though, with eternal life and god like power, it's a little strange to leave the people for that reason. Maybe he can't live long or something.

Xiao surrendered his status as ARKS administrator to concentrate his efforts on calculating a solution to dealing with the Profound Darkness. This is also why Matter Boards are being phased out in favor of these Story Board things, only Xion and Xiao can produce them.

Does seem kinda weird to make an entirely new character the ARKS administrator though.

---

I'm surprisingly OK with all of the EP4 changes. Even Summoner looks pretty decent now that it's had some speed buffs from the last trailer and sufficiently good PAs showcased. The train mid-boss looks pretty cool tbh.

By the way, what's with all the talk about an anime tie-in? I must have missed it.

Zyrusticae
Dec 23, 2015, 02:06 PM
After the initial shock of finding out the new planet is Earth, this is basically my response:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

I'm more frustrated that we have to wait so long for more graphics setting 6 news and the update itself. The character models are OK (and the new customization looks great) but the shading and lighting in so many areas makes them look terrible, so this is a basic prerequisite for me getting into the game proper again. Yes, I am a massive graphics whore and I make no bones about it!

Neith
Dec 23, 2015, 02:19 PM
...So bad it's good :lol: I have to wonder how this was brainstormed at Sega but I suspect it involved drugs.

Tokyo T-Rex. Tokyo... T-Rex. :wacko:

yoshiblue
Dec 23, 2015, 02:20 PM
Japanland Future looks pretty well maintained for having dinos running around in it.
I bet the dinos take off their business suit before a battle.

EspeonageTieler
Dec 23, 2015, 02:30 PM
im really curious if they are gonna trash some characters 2 years is a pretty big jump id hate to see characters and relationships change (even if people hate the characters)

Sizustar
Dec 23, 2015, 02:31 PM
...So bad it's good :lol: I have to wonder how this was brainstormed at Sega but I suspect it involved drugs.

Tokyo T-Rex. Tokyo... T-Rex. :wacko:

Probabely Sakai took his team and visited the Yakuza team for fun.

Tunga
Dec 23, 2015, 02:37 PM
Would've been funnier if they had chosen another city like NYC just to rub that salt in :D

Gourd
Dec 23, 2015, 02:48 PM

Seeya, space cowboys.

Are you...dumb or something? lol
It's not that serious. At all. Clearly you didn't enjoy the game if more content made you want to quit. What the Hell is wrong with some of you people on this site? Good lord. Whinier than the Sonic fanbase over the most nothing shit ever. lmao

Watch, he'll be right back in a few months with some excuse. xD

Alisha
Dec 23, 2015, 02:50 PM
who still plays this game unless your pc is a toaster? after playing the blade and soul beta this game is painful to look at and the combat is atrociously bad. it's time for pso 3 or psu 2.

Gourd
Dec 23, 2015, 02:57 PM
who still plays this game unless your pc is a toaster? after playing the blade and soul beta this game is painful to look at and the combat is atrociously bad. it's time for pso 3 or psu 2.

Blade and Soul's combat is trash. Slow. Boring. Doesn't even play like a real action game. More like a Tera clone...which also had garbage combat. It looks nice, but if you're playing just for graphics, you shouldn't be playing games period. lol

What, are we supposed to drop a game after a year?

Zyrusticae
Dec 23, 2015, 02:59 PM
I can play both!

But yeah, waiting for dat graphics update. With the este changes it's pretty close to untouchable for character customization, too. It fills a niche, at the very least.

Blade and Soul's combat is trash. Slow. Boring. Doesn't even play like a real action game. More like a Tera clone...which also had garbage combat. It looks nice, but if you're playing just for graphics, you shouldn't be playing games period. lol

What, are we supposed to drop a game after a year?
Totally full of shit. Blade & Soul's combat shits all over most other games on the market. And that includes single-player games, at that.

yoshiblue
Dec 23, 2015, 03:01 PM
Rip Maenara[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSmiasnAuk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVSmiasnAuk[/SPOILER-BOX]

HentaiLolicon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:04 PM
sega should've included NA in IP block, less drama

Alisha
Dec 23, 2015, 03:08 PM
blade and souls combat actually requires you to think unlike this game where its like how can i 1 shot all the things.

Zyrusticae
Dec 23, 2015, 03:10 PM
Yes. 100% serious.

It's one of the only games that I go back to on a regular basis purely for gameplay reasons, rather than for communities or updates or vanity. Other games on that list include Metal Gear Rising, Starcraft II, Age of Empires II, XCOM, and yes, even the Souls series. I put it on the same level as any of those games.

It's not 'pure action', yes, since it doesn't have purely hitbox-based attack collisions for every attack (though AoE attacks do work as expected) and uses status effects as opposed to regular hit stun and the like, but the end result is still a finely honed combat system that feels damn good to master.

As opposed to a game like PSO2 where the majority of the time you're just spamming the same PAs over and over again because anything else is suboptimal. Fun! :-?

Alisha
Dec 23, 2015, 03:12 PM
Yes. 100% serious.

It's one of the only games that I go back to on a regular basis purely for gameplay reasons, rather than for communities or updates or vanity. Other games on that list include Metal Gear Rising, Starcraft II, Age of Empires II, XCOM, and yes, even the Souls series. I put it on the same level as any of those games.

It's not 'pure action', yes, since it doesn't have purely hitbox-based attack collisions for every attack (though AoE attacks do work as expected) and uses status effects as opposed to regular hit stun and the like, but the end result is still a finely honed combat system that feels damn good to master.

As opposed to a game like PSO2 where the majority of the time you're just spamming the same PAs over and over again because anything else is suboptimal. Fun! :-?

if i could upvote this post i would.

Zanverse
Dec 23, 2015, 03:13 PM
Whoa, whoa, whoa. If the new planet is Earth, and Tokyo is one of the areas, what would be the second and third areas...?

Cerebral Assassin
Dec 23, 2015, 03:15 PM

Seeya, space cowboys.

hmhmhmhm good

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 03:23 PM
blade and soul combat is pure garbage simply because how reliant it is on latency, unless you got really good latency with no fluctuation you will get plenty of skill launch fails, failed evades and what not, i still got to silver in pvp by mashing my keyboard tho :-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-? good combat system i say

spincast
Dec 23, 2015, 03:29 PM
omg... that ep4 new planet gameplay trailer....
Cant freaking wait to play the phantasy hot pursuit online2 part! xD jajajajaja

untrustful
Dec 23, 2015, 03:38 PM
We need crazy taxi costumes.
sanic costumes
the ability to romance zieg

Kondibon
Dec 23, 2015, 03:43 PM
We need crazy taxi costumes.

There's a big yellow cast named Crazy Taxi.

Alisha
Dec 23, 2015, 03:48 PM
blade and soul combat is pure garbage simply because how reliant it is on latency, unless you got really good latency with no fluctuation you will get plenty of skill launch fails, failed evades and what not, i still got to silver in pvp by mashing my keyboard tho :-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-?:-? good combat system i say

still better than this games sleep inducing combat for 5 year olds

Shinamori
Dec 23, 2015, 03:49 PM
I can't believe some of you are "quitting" after this.

Chris_Chocobo
Dec 23, 2015, 03:56 PM

+1

The anime is set on Earth too so no surprised about this.

starwind75043
Dec 23, 2015, 03:56 PM
First eq for EP

Tokyo Tower Defense :-D

Alenoir
Dec 23, 2015, 04:11 PM
First eq for EP

Tokyo Tower Defense :-D

I remember having to go up Tokyo Tower and fight a dragon boss in 7th Dragon 2020. Bet that's a possibility.

Afin
Dec 23, 2015, 04:12 PM
I'll try it before I judge it harshly. Yes, on the surface, the new story aspects seem a bit inconsistent -- but that's something I've learned to expect from PSO2 very early on.

I'm probably in the minority; I play PSO2 solo 99.8% of the time, and the main draw for me (admittedly) is the story. It's been easy for me to turn a blind eye to things that don't seem to 'fit' within the setting from my perspective. Hopefully it'll remain easy when I'm Sonic sprinting through the streets of Tokyo killing dinosaurs on Earth alongside kawaii schoolgirls(?)

I think it's worth a shot, at least. I don't think it's fair to cry RUINED before we even get a chance to play it. Who knows, you might even like it?

Zyrusticae
Dec 23, 2015, 04:26 PM
Given that silver is just 50 points above base Elo (1300), that's not really saying much, heh.

But yeah, it's REALLY latency sensitive, which is why I quit playing the CN and JP versions and why I was so looking forward to the NA release. It'd be nice if they could get a fighting-game style frame delay netcode working, but given that it's a Korean game (a country where latency is not even a consideration), that's probably not going to happen.

Take the bad with the good. In my case, the good far outweighs the bad (and I live right next to the servers anyways, so...).

I can't believe some of you are "quitting" after this.
Has anyone besides Maenara actually quit with evidence?

It's a silly overreaction either way. Goodness me.

Hysteria1987
Dec 23, 2015, 04:49 PM
Definitely inconsistent with the rest of PSO, but I didn't get my far-future sci-fi city thing out of this game anyway. Looks like they're trying to line the game up with their upcoming anime to an extent, which makes sense from a business point of view.

Don't yet know if I'm keen on the enemies, and there's no way I'm going to high school, I'm too grizzled and hairy for that, but I gotta say I do like the look of the new area. It might even be fun.

sesiom000
Dec 23, 2015, 04:49 PM
Please if anyone wants to follow maenara example please do it for other people, you will be giving less latency to other players and you will give others the happiness of not having 630!
Many Thanks!
R.I.P Maenara victim of Apprentice Huge Cannon D***!

sesiom000
Dec 23, 2015, 04:58 PM
Yes. 100% serious.

If we wanted to play blade and soul we would be playing it no one needs your review or opinion...
If you think they are better than PSO2 good for you but dont come flaming the game and making stupid comparisons based on pure hate and bias opinions.

still better than this games sleep inducing combat for 5 year olds
Then go play your game and use Blade and Souls forums instead of forcing your meaningful hater opinion if this game inst for you!
Feel free to join Maenara! Less 630 for everyone that enjoys the game and wants to have fun with it!

Zanverse
Dec 23, 2015, 05:06 PM

http://i.imgur.com/Alr4mUE.png[/spoiler-box]

Seeya, space cowboys.

[S]Okay, excuse me for being rude but....

Are you fucking autistic? What type of dumbass would even do something like this over a fucking update??? Like, really? Do you have brain damage?

Some people on this forum are fucking brain dead, for them to overreact over this shit. This is probably the most stupid reaction I've ever seen. The update didn't even come out yet, but you decided to delete all your shit because of it. Frankly, I don't really care because that's your business, but the fact that you acted this way over a single update that isn't even that fucking bad is cancer-inducing. Good bye, you'll be back, and you'll regret.

Edit: Took me a second to realized that I overreacted as well. I just... all those items that could've been mine....

Gamemako
Dec 23, 2015, 05:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj49eS4sxeU

What in the hells?

Welp, time to Heavenly Fall a train. :wacko:

I was thinking about that the other day, wondering how much of the experimentation right now will pan out in the inevitable sequel. Jet Boots could be fused with Knuckles to create a sensible weapon, for example.

I'm personally amused by Earth twelve years from now. One step into the fyoochur and shit gets wild.

1997, October 1

http://i.imgur.com/2x4Pfah.gif

THE END DAY.

saraishadow
Dec 23, 2015, 05:48 PM
My only concern with Episode 4 is the 2 year time gap. There was almost no real gap between Ep1 and Ep2, and like a 5-6 month gap between 2 and 3, which there were no real events going on with ARKS besides maybe TD3. I wonder how they'll pull it off (or out of their ass).

EvilMag
Dec 23, 2015, 05:49 PM
My only concern with Episode 4 is the 2 year time gap. There was almost no real gap between Ep1 and Ep2, and like a 5-6 month gap between 2 and 3, which there were no real events going on with ARKS besides maybe TD3. I wonder how they'll pull it off (or out of their ass).

Well they were able to pull it off with PSP2 (takes place 3 years after AOTI I believe)

Zyrusticae
Dec 23, 2015, 05:50 PM
If we wanted to play blade and soul we would be playing it no one needs your review or opinion...
If you think they are better than PSO2 good for you but dont come flaming the game and making stupid comparisons based on pure hate and bias opinions.This entire post is completely idiotic.

I can play both games. I can do so for completely different reasons. There's nothing in there that is "pure hate and bias". Just my experiences with the two games in comparison to one another.

If anything, you're a fucking hypocrite and need to leave the forums forever, because you are clearly too mentally challenged to engage in reasonable conversation with another human being.

If you find that hateful, I suggest revising your behavior to prove you can act on the level of a mature adult and not a hyper-reactive child.

Anduril
Dec 23, 2015, 05:53 PM
Maybe the player character was put into stasis for those two years (maybe due to our connection to [Persona] or something to do with [PD]), all the while the fleet has just continued to do whatever they were doing before Ep.1 while also trying to find a way to permanently suppress the [Profound Darkness].

Well they were able to pull it off with PSP2 (takes place 3 years after AOTI I believe)
Well, the thing is we aren't the same player character between AotI and PSP2 (from what I recall), so it's easier to do the time skip and fill in the blanks later without it seeming like a complete asspull.

untrustful
Dec 23, 2015, 05:56 PM
How is all of this connected to the game on the vita?

saraishadow
Dec 23, 2015, 05:58 PM
I only played the PSP games which allowed you to continue your character in PSP2 from PSP1 (although nobody remembers you, Thanks SEGA)

EvilMag
Dec 23, 2015, 06:08 PM
Maybe the player character was put into stasis for those two years (maybe due to our connection to [Persona] or something to do with [PD]), all the while the fleet has just continued to do whatever they were doing before Ep.1 while also trying to find a way to permanently suppress the [Profound Darkness].

Well, the thing is we aren't the same player character between AotI and PSP2 (from what I recall), so it's easier to do the time skip and fill in the blanks later without it seeming like a complete asspull.

in JP you were able to import your AOTI character to PSP2. You still got an Exam saber if you did it. though your level and stats don't transfer over. Only the looks.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 23, 2015, 06:10 PM
What in the hells?

http://i.imgur.com/2x4Pfah.gif

THE END DAY.
PLS tell me the origin of this gif

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 06:12 PM
crystalis/god slayer

Gamemako
Dec 23, 2015, 06:30 PM
PLS tell me the origin of this gif

As jooozek says, it's Crystalis, probably the single best NES game.

Video version:

https://youtu.be/KDEAiHh0Ql0?t=16

Z-0
Dec 23, 2015, 06:34 PM
in JP you were able to import your AOTI character to PSP2. You still got an Exam saber if you did it. though your level and stats don't transfer over. Only the looks.
But you got the exam saber from transferring from PSP1. I don't remember any AotI transfer at all (but what do I know?).

How is all of this connected to the game on the vita?
Okay so, you know the cryogenic pods at the end of the story video (or whichever video it is, idk lol)? That area is from Delta Valiant's Ship from PSNova, the Cold Sleep Chamber, where people go into cryogenic sleep for... however long.

I'm assuming that the ship returns to the fleet by Earth Year 2028, after leaving Planet Makia/Nova after the events that transpire there with the Gigantes. So what I'm assuming is that we have some sort of side story to go over what happened there and what's happening next regarding Delta Valiant (which, interestingly, the player character of Nova becomes the leader of once Fildia dies in the original escape attempt before the second half of the game)

The Walrus
Dec 23, 2015, 06:38 PM
the fuck happened with this stream for everyone to lose their shit so much

Flaoc
Dec 23, 2015, 06:39 PM
its pso-w even the tiniest thing will make them rage

AkuTenshiiZero
Dec 23, 2015, 06:43 PM
I would call this jumping the shark, but that doesn't quite say it. This is jumping the shark, while using a pair of other sharks as skis, and everything is on fire. Including the water.

It's shit like this that makes me hate what anime has become. Like we can't have a fantastical adventure anymore without tying it down to another god damn generic weaboo high school. What the living fuck does any of this have to do with Phantasy Star?

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 06:46 PM
I would call this jumping the shark, but that doesn't quite say it. This is jumping the shark, while using a pair of other sharks as skis, and everything is on fire. Including the water.

It's shit like this that makes me hate what anime has become. Like we can't have a fantastical adventure anymore without tying it down to another god damn generic weaboo high school. What the living fuck does any of this have to do with Phantasy Star?

wait what's a weaboo highschool in a japanese only game LOOOOOOL

saraishadow
Dec 23, 2015, 06:50 PM
I love how people throw around the word weeaboo in a game based in Japan.

Here's some educational material:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YYYwhSILL4

Zorak000
Dec 23, 2015, 06:52 PM
wait what's a weaboo highschool in a japanese only game LOOOOOOL
I mean if we are complaining about that I think we are at least a year late to that party :v
http://www.bumped.org/psublog/pso2-jp-ac-scratch-yuttari-recreation/

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 06:54 PM
Why would you link some youtubers weaboo explanation rant? What's wrong with you?!

Nitro Vordex
Dec 23, 2015, 06:54 PM
so this is what broke my butthurt meter earlier

saraishadow
Dec 23, 2015, 06:55 PM
Because I'm getting tired of people throwing that word around without knowing what it means.

Saagonsa
Dec 23, 2015, 06:56 PM
I mean if we are complaining about that I think we are at least a year late to that party :v

I dunno I'd say the setting of the actual story and random cosmetic stuff are kind of massively different things.

AkuTenshiiZero
Dec 23, 2015, 06:56 PM
I love how people throw around the word weeaboo in a game based in Japan.

Here's some educational material:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YYYwhSILL4

I'm not an idiot, I know what the word originally meant. I simply use it in this context because it is the only word nauseating enough to describe the endless, putrid stream of identical high school harem bullshit that has to infect every single piece of Japanese media.

Anime caught on outside of Japan for how wildly creative it was, this is the exact opposite of creativity.

KLMS1
Dec 23, 2015, 06:58 PM
Not sure which is more surreal - what's been released about Ep 4 so far or, well, this thread.
Both are pretty top kek though.

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 07:02 PM

That's what I was sayin'! this game's been this level of bad for a while. Has that really only been inbetween the lines till just now?

If anything ep4 is ironic best and most honest idea they've had so far. Just says "yeah we know our series is full of shit." But ya'll a minority and no one's opinion here really matters cause we're not the demographic anymore. We haven't been since PSP2i failed to come over here.

SilkaN
Dec 23, 2015, 07:10 PM
I wanna ride a dinosaur that is riding a tank

The Walrus
Dec 23, 2015, 07:17 PM
welp, looked at the trailers and stuff on bumped.

i really don't know how to react to it at this point. it's just so..."lolwut" that i don't even know anymore

guess i'll just stick to plan and try it out when it hits and if its shit i'll uninstall

Reiketsu
Dec 23, 2015, 07:28 PM
I honestly welcome all of this.

I mean, sure, I wanted PSO2 to be more like PSO1.
But it's been clear for a very long time now that that's not gonna happen anymore.
They drifted away from that further and further, and if you gonna go that route, then hell... go it all the way!

It's not gonna be like the Phantasy Star I know and love anyway, so if they wanna go totally crazy with it, then I'm all for it!

I seriously hope that, from now on, they pull even more crazy shit like this.
If this is just an exception, I'm gonna be disappointed.

Unnamed Player
Dec 23, 2015, 07:29 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPjgatFV1WpiUQ8/giphy.gif

NoiseHERO
Dec 23, 2015, 07:31 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/26tPjgatFV1WpiUQ8/giphy.gif

Seriously, best PSOW day ever.