PDA

View Full Version : Can you get banned for selling XQ passes?

Achelousaurus
Dec 23, 2015, 05:27 PM
Someone recently brought this up, Sega might think you are doing RMT and ban you if you sell monomates for 200k or stuff like that.

Iirc you can still explain the situation to them but it's gonna be hard if you are a gaijin?

Has anyone managed to get their account back after getting banned (for whatever reason), by sending Sega a reasonable e-mail (in proper Japanese and Kanji + kana)? Or will they see your gaijin ip and then it's impossible?

And has anyone tried selling XQs via stuff that could be worth 200k in the future but simply is worth only 2k at the moment like furniture or mag devices?

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 05:29 PM
Someone recently brought this up, Sega might think you are doing RMT and ban you if you sell monomates for 200k or stuff like that.

Iirc you can still explain the situation to them but it's gonna be hard if you are a gaijin?

Has anyone managed to get their account back after getting banned (for whatever reason), by sending Sega a reasonable e-mail (in proper Japanese and Kanji + kana)? Or will they see your gaijin ip and then it's impossible?

And has anyone tried selling XQs via stuff that could be worth 200k in the future but simply is worth only 2k at the moment like furniture or mag devices?

i've been migrating meseta from mules through bumped up monomates and all my account are accessable still, also sold xh passes few times, no problems at all, they aren't gonna nuke your ass just because they have a suspicion you might've RMTed :wacko: i think they are better than that

sparab
Dec 23, 2015, 05:33 PM
People still buy/sell XQ pass nowadays? You can exchange those from cube shops

Also, sega can be paranoid about any "suspicious" activities and won't hesitate a 816 ban. Just like a person not getting banned for hacking does not mean it is not ban-able

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 05:43 PM
People still buy/sell XQ pass nowadays? You can exchange those from cube shops

Also, sega can be paranoid about any "suspicious" activities and won't hesitate a 816 ban. Just like a person not getting banned for hacking does not mean it is not ban-able

only time i've seen people actually making a valid case for stupid 816s was the too fast magatsu runs right after they "fixed" the CT combo with something that i don't even remember what it was and also back when magatsu wasn't capped by number of runs, but other than that just the usual fear mongering

sparab
Dec 23, 2015, 05:59 PM
only time i've seen people actually making a valid case for stupid 816s was the too fast magatsu runs right after they "fixed" the CT combo with something that i don't even remember what it was and also back when magatsu wasn't capped by number of runs, but other than that just the usual fear mongering

Magatsu chains were one week ban, same as other cases that "cause server lag"

Most of the time sega don't care if you are foreign, play muti account, use 3rd party plug-in, or modify their client, but they definitely don't tolerate RMT suspects. Many 816 victims, if not trolling, claim they can just get banned for literally "doing nothing".

jooozek
Dec 23, 2015, 06:04 PM
Magatsu chains were one week ban, same as other cases that "cause server lag"

Most of the time sega don't care if you are foreign, play muti account, use 3rd party plug-in, or modify their client, but they definitely don't tolerate RMT suspects. Many 816 victims, if not trolling, claim they can just get banned for literally "doing nothing".

"officer, i swear on me mums, i did nothing wrong" :wacko: that's not to say that there wasn't people never being banned for nothing, but it's just the scenario i saw play out only time someone called unfair ban, i think there was some speculation that sega keeps track of some kind of hardware id that allows them to pin point the repeated offender, the thing that comes with a hardware id always is the network adapters MAC

Achelousaurus
Dec 23, 2015, 10:06 PM
Huh.
Well, dunno.

Looks like we only get solo xqs and not new stages for regular ones anyway.