PDA

View Full Version : Game freezes while accessing the Player Shop

Cure Shock
Dec 24, 2015, 03:40 AM
Like the title suggest, I'm having this issue after the latest update. I tried to checking for missing/damaged files with no avail.

It's been MONTHS that I have this problem but before, the "freeze" lasted just for 4-5 seconds, then the game started again. But now that the game freezes completely it has become a big problem. Anyone can help me out for that? Thanks guys.

HentaiLolicon
Dec 24, 2015, 04:09 AM
It's appeared that sega fucked up something again. You should relog(log out to ship select) after awhile, it will fix that freeze

Cure Shock
Dec 24, 2015, 07:30 AM
Sadly it's been a while since I have this bug. I also tried to uninstall the English patch but nothing.

jooozek
Dec 24, 2015, 07:42 AM
only time i ever had the game lockup when i was accessing player shops was when i was using the item translation with some specific items

Cure Shock
Dec 24, 2015, 08:03 AM
only time i ever had the game lockup when i was accessing player shops was when i was using the item translation with some specific items

Yes I uninstalled everything concerning the English patch from the Tweaker but nothing. I'm going to retry it since I really need to solve this stuff asap

HentaiLolicon
Dec 24, 2015, 08:36 AM
how about doing some system check and hardware check? Especially RAM

seilent
Dec 24, 2015, 09:22 AM
or maybe u can try move the item_name_cache.dat file at [Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2] somewhere else, in case if big item cache is causing problem

Cure Shock
Dec 24, 2015, 10:09 AM
or maybe u can try move the item_name_cache.dat file at [Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2] somewhere else, in case if big item cache is causing problem

I tried it right now, still freezes. :-(

EDIT: Assuming that the problem may be the item name cache fine, I noticed that even if I uninstalled all patches they're still in English. How?

seilent
Dec 24, 2015, 10:28 AM
oh try to disable the plugins maybe..? it's at orb > plugin

jooozek
Dec 24, 2015, 10:50 AM
yeah, if item names are still in english, you still have the item translation turned on, if it enables them back, make the plugins folder read only and delete all plugins so tweaker can piss the fuck off it if it for some reason enables/redownloads the plugins for time being

Cure Shock
Dec 24, 2015, 11:44 AM
It doesn't let me disable it, and after it just appears a window where there's a pastebin. Okay, the stuff's getting weirder.

jooozek
Dec 24, 2015, 11:45 AM
make the plugins folder read only and delete all plugins so tweaker can piss the fuck off it if it for some reason enables/redownloads the plugins for time being

5char

HentaiLolicon
Dec 24, 2015, 11:50 AM
just use original launcher. After that plug-in update, i gave tweaker a nice kick and had it off my drives

wefwq
Dec 24, 2015, 11:53 AM
It doesn't let me disable it, and after it just appears a window where there's a pastebin. Okay, the stuff's getting weirder.
Move the plugin that you don't want to use to "disabled" folder to disable them manually.

Cure Shock
Dec 24, 2015, 12:03 PM
I tried all your methods, and many thanks for your help, buuuuut... the game still freezes =.=
I won't be able to buy stuff from Visiphone again lol

HentaiLolicon
Dec 24, 2015, 12:19 PM
checked hardware yet?

Cure Shock
Dec 24, 2015, 02:07 PM
checked hardware yet?

How? That's true that I have only 4GB ram but my graphic card is pretty much good and I run PSO2 smoothly with max res.

And until now the only real problem is while accessing Visiphone, for the rest the game has no issue.

seilent
Dec 24, 2015, 02:20 PM
that's weird, the last one i can think of is the HDD, probably bad sector at the vphone file or sth. try to "copy" the pso2 to other folder then launch it (other drive might be better).

Cure Shock
Dec 24, 2015, 03:46 PM
I'll try, otherwise I think I have to uninstall the game and reinstall it, hoping that it won't last ages. Anyway thanks everybody.

Vampy
Dec 24, 2015, 03:50 PM
It's direct chat I think. I've had that issue every time I had direct chat turned on try turning it off and see if that changes anything. Only when accessing player shop to input password.

jooozek
Dec 24, 2015, 04:37 PM
dunno how related but was trying to cash out and got this message, didn't crash tho:

Failed to withdraw items from sale. [No.2106]

maybe something is up on sega side

Cure Shock
Dec 25, 2015, 03:08 AM
It's direct chat I think. I've had that issue every time I had direct chat turned on try turning it off and see if that changes anything. Only when accessing player shop to input password.

OMG man you're freankin' right haha, I disabled it and it worked like a charm! Thanks!
That's weird that direct chat causes this bug but who care I can buy stuff now yaaay

Cure Shock
Dec 25, 2015, 08:23 AM
Sorry for the double post but I need a quick help:

I deleted my plugin folder yesterday to see if it was the problem and now I want to redownload it. I tried redownloading the English and large files but nothing. Any suggestions?

And moreover, since there's nothing in my Plugin folder, when I try to open it from the Tweaker, it crashes lol

EDIT: Solved, thanks.