PDA

View Full Version : Patching Madness

Cure Shock
Dec 26, 2015, 03:51 PM
So once again I'm having trouble with this game.

I did a mess recently trying to figure out why I couldn't access the Visiphone (basically the game freezed everytime I opened it) and after A LOT of mess with Tweaker I realized that the problem was the Direct Chat. Nice, so I can finally play again.

I re-downloaded all the English patches and plugins I removed suspecting that they were the problem of my freezing, I launched the game to enjoy MB... and the game didn't load (basically it stopped after SEGA logo). Niiiice.

I ran a checking file as always in these occasions and it started to download 11,5 GB of content!

... So, how is that possible? What I did wrong? Now I've only some GB of free space in my HD and I had to interrupt the download. If I re-downloaded all the stuff by accident, can I find it somewhere in my HD? And specifically, where? And why the game didn't launch after I reinstalled the Eng patch 'n stuff? Sorry for the trouble.

Alma
Dec 26, 2015, 11:50 PM
should make a backup before doing any english patches

try the "old method check file" via tweaker or check file officially via sega launcher.
the default / new method check file tend to be buggy if the list file is not updated regularly.

TaigaUC
Dec 27, 2015, 12:09 AM
Yeah, I dunno. Sometimes the patcher/tweaker/launcher lose track of where the game is or something.
Last time I tried patching on 3rd PC it kept trying to redownload the whole game.
So now I just copy install and any new patches from another PC.

TehCubey
Dec 27, 2015, 06:35 AM
I play PSO2 on 3 different PCs and one of them has this issue.

The tweaker tries to download a lot of data when checking files using the new method while the old/standard one checks files much more slowly but downloads barely anything - and yes, the game works fine afterwards.

I strongly suspect this is because the tweaker does not save its list of files correctly, and it's probably because it does not have permission to save/modify files. Did you try to run the tweaker as administrator, if so does it work any different?

Cure Shock
Dec 27, 2015, 10:22 AM

The tweaker tries to download a lot of data when checking files using the new method while the old/standard one checks files much more slowly but downloads barely anything - and yes, the game works fine afterwards.

I strongly suspect this is because the tweaker does not save its list of files correctly, and it's probably because it does not have permission to save/modify files. Did you try to run the tweaker as administrator, if so does it work any different?

Everytime I launch the Tweaker it asks me permissions to modify datas so I dunno, now I'll try launching it with as admin.

Now the game launches but there's no audio aaaand I stay stuck in loadtube after choosing my char. Derp, I'm done.

wefwq
Dec 27, 2015, 10:26 AM

Tweaker sometimes, messed up the file updating part most notably when:
- Trying to replace the file with new one, tweaker will randomly skipping few files
- Failed to download a file, tweaker will think it's already completed the next time you check for missing file (doesn't count as empty file either)

This is the reason i never use tweaker to update my game file, except for EN patch though the first problem sometimes happened when i apply EN patch.

Everytime I launch the Tweaker it asks me permissions to modify datas so I dunno, now I'll try launching it with as admin.

Now the game launches but there's no audio aaaand I stay stuck in loadtube after choosing my char. Derp, I'm done.
Try running the game without any patch, perhaps? Do you even bother trying running this game in pure vanilla?
Don't forget to not using tweaker and see if the problem goes away or not, and try to check if your audio driver are the latest.
And try set your UAC settings to default, i noticed that my game won't run if my UAC notification are less than default value for some reason.

Cure Shock
Dec 27, 2015, 10:51 AM
Try running the game without any patch, perhaps? Do you even bother trying running this game in pure vanilla?
Don't forget to not using tweaker and see if the problem goes away or not, and try to check if your audio driver are the latest.
And try set your UAC settings to default, i noticed that my game won't run if my UAC notification are less than default value for some reason.

Of course I did. That was the first thing I did but nothing changed. I disabled UAC and nothing. I tried to launch it with the usual laucher but it's trying to download other 16000 files... all the drivers are super ok (I played it perfectly until the day before yesterday, my only issue was the Visiphone)

In the worst case scenario I'm gonna uninstall it, clean my HD and redownloading it. I wanted to avoid this but well. Sorry for the trouble anyway.

wefwq
Dec 27, 2015, 11:09 AM
Of course I did. That was the first thing I did but nothing changed. I disabled UAC and nothing. I tried to launch it with the usual laucher but it's trying to download other 16000 files... all the drivers are super ok (I played it perfectly until the day before yesterday, my only issue was the Visiphone)

In the worst case scenario I'm gonna uninstall it, clean my HD and redownloading it. I wanted to avoid this but well. Sorry for the trouble anyway.
When i mean go vanilla, that mean you delete all tweaker related files on pso2 folder, that's including plugins and various dll files, and item cache on mydocuments.

Cure Shock
Dec 27, 2015, 11:56 AM
When i mean go vanilla, that mean you delete all tweaker related files on pso2 folder, that's including plugins and various dll files, and item cache on mydocuments.

I can find the plugins, but I don't know which dll should I remove. What's the name of the item cache folder?

EDIT: Solved, thanks everyone.