PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Your premonitions on new class skills

ZerotakerZX
Dec 27, 2015, 04:57 AM
First of all, I think level cap gonna be 76, with +2 two more SP via CO, 12 cubes each.

As for the new skills
Hu - Guard Stance Fixer — passive skill that turns your guard stance defense into attack, thus bringing it closer to fury stance, which is better anyway.
Fi - Unlimited break - boost your HP 4 times, instead of leaving your with a quarter of it, and, in the same time, boosting your attack tenfold.
Ra - jellen shot gonna cost 5 points, instead of 10, so ppl would actually use it, and make it overlap with WB also. Moreover launcher mastery skill should be added, that works kinda like TMG master on Gu, but gives you 100% critrate with 100% damage bonus.
Gu - TMG mastery should be nerfed so laucnher mastery would shine even brighter. Aside from that gunner was already overpowered even before the buff, its just nobody could use chain trigger properly.
Fo - convert photon flare into a percantage bonus, somewhere around 100-150 would be nice. Also some skill that makes lightning techs at least a bit handy to use.
Te - a skill that adds anti effect on resta, kinda what they did with the atomizers. Also, something thats gonna make reverser field worthwhile, like 0 SP cost. Or maybe makes charged anti revives ppl, like it was in Zero.
Br - some more weapon specific skills I guess, since braver made of those anyway, without anything interesting for general use, and there is no point in changing that. Well, maybe PP up or more ATK up options, to spent lots of unwanted SP.
Bo - aside from craft mastery, there also should be grind mastery (+10% for each grind level) and attribute mastery (+5% for each attribute level). Also Dual Blades mastery, since it isn't overpowered enough (+50% to attack for each DB in your weapon pallete for 300% bonus total, grind-attribue-craft masteries overlap with all six weapons and adds to a total bonus in passive mode). This should be enough for Bo's to solo magatsu on XH 4 times in 4 minutes.

PS But seriously I have no idea what they gonna add, so I wanted you to fantasise a bit with me.

CoWorker
Dec 27, 2015, 05:07 AM
datamined unused skills
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=230300

Hunter:
-Tons of debug skills and skills that outright belong to other classes. Sega likely just dumped skills onto Hunter whenever they wanted to test something.
-AntiBind/AntiBurn/AntiPoison (Note: These are different than the Guard Stance <status> skills)
-GuardStanceOld/FuryStanceOld
-Rare11Hunter (A second rare mastery skill which only applies to 11* weapons and above, instead of 10* and above)
-FuryStanceUp3
-WarSpirit/WarHowl (Note: Different than War Cry)
-GuardAbsorber (Note: Different than Absorption)
-HoldDiffence

Fighter:
-GiantKilling
-ThirdAct (Note: This one has a proper name, 'Third Act', but no description. This was probably going to be implemented at one point. Likely has something to do with statuses)
-BoostKilling
-NotoriousnessKilling
-RareEnemyKlling (Not a typo, Sega legitimately missed an 'i' in there.
-AbnormalBindAttack
-AbnormalBindAttackBind (Note: Chase Bind is AbnormalBind)
-ElderSlayer
-BreakMaster
-AirStrike
-Rare11Fighter

Ranger:
-ToolMastery2/ToolMastery3
-Rare11Ranger
-ShooterSite
-OneMoreTrap
-Engineer
-Concentrate
-ShootAssist
-ShootingSense
-BulletKeepGunslash

Gunner:
-AerialAdvance2
-ActGunnerAutoMateDeadline (Note: Different than AutoMateDeadline)
-GunnerZeroRangeBonus3
-GunnerZeroRangeCritical2
-GunnerAutoMateDeadline (Note: Different than AutoMateDeadline, again...)
-DanceTime
-Rare11Gunner
-SRollJustAttackKeep

Force:
-BlastForce
-PhotonCircle
-PPRegenerate (Different than ChargePPRestraint)
-PhotonFlareTactics (Likely increases PP regeneration during Photon Flare)
-Rare11Force
-PP Restorate 1/PP Restorate 2

Techer:
-Rare11Techer
-ElementalWeakPoint2
-ShiftaAdvance2
-DebandAdvance2

Braver:
-VictimBomb
-ShortTime
-Victim

Bouncer:
-CriticalHPDrain (Applies Elder Pain-style HP steal on critical hits, presumably)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 27, 2015, 05:32 AM
Banish arrow, or chain trigger skills for katana. WB jamming in effect everywhere.

AmanoMai
Dec 27, 2015, 05:42 AM
-PhotonFlareTactics (Likely increases PP regeneration during Photon Flare)

^
way to go, keep making FoTe's pp regen more broken each time
just you wait, one day Fo will spam unlimited IllFoie and dye TD4 yellow

saraishadow
Dec 27, 2015, 06:14 AM
I would like to see skills that reduce Dual Blades Reliance on the use of rainbow palette so that actually using 13* DBs wouldn't be retardedly expensive and time consuming.

EDIT

Actually I thought of an idea, get rid of break stance and replace it with critical stance. A stance that boosts critical hit damage and percentage. It wouldn't affect photon blades to prevent them from being TOO OP. So far I've always found Bouncer as a whole to be underwhelming.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 27, 2015, 07:26 AM
I would like to see skills that reduce Dual Blades Reliance on the use of rainbow palette so that actually using 13* DBs wouldn't be retardedly expensive and time consuming.

EDIT

Actually I thought of an idea, get rid of break stance and replace it with critical stance. A stance that boosts critical hit damage and percentage. It wouldn't affect photon blades to prevent them from being TOO OP. So far I've always found Bouncer as a whole to be underwhelming.
Break SD bonus, no?:-?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 27, 2015, 07:39 AM
Break SD bonus, no?:-?

-Barely 15% passive damage for 15 SP
-Mainclass only
-Dual blades only

:/

ZerotakerZX
Dec 27, 2015, 07:57 AM
-Barely 15% passive damage for 15 SP
-Mainclass only
-Dual blades only

:/

Its 5SP, thus sounds fair to me.

Mattykins
Dec 27, 2015, 07:58 AM
Depends, since we're getting a new director, and every director has that one class that they just have to dick on every update.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 27, 2015, 08:56 AM
Its 5SP, thus sounds fair to me.

You need to max break stance, then invest 5 SP for break SD for ~15% damage. It's 15 SP total.

Point is, it's weak, the only other decent multiplier Bo has, and doesn't make Bo sub any better.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 27, 2015, 10:00 AM
You need to max break stance, then invest 5 SP for break SD for ~15% damage. It's 15 SP total.

Point is, it's weak, the only other decent multiplier Bo has, and doesn't make Bo sub any better.

You need no max out your stances anyway, or just never learn em. Nobody wants half-assed stance.

wefwq
Dec 27, 2015, 10:16 AM
I always wonder what are those braver skills supposed to be...
victim bomb? making enemy explode?
we already have suicide bomb skill but minus the suicide part, i wonder it'll work in similar way...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Dec 27, 2015, 10:41 AM
You need no max out your stances anyway, or just never learn em. Nobody wants half-assed stance.

What...?

Gamemako
Dec 27, 2015, 11:41 AM
Are we talking what should they add or what will they add? What they WILL do is make more broken investment skills and buggy cancels for meta classes. In lieu of new techniques, they'll buff FO and TE damage by 50%, then implement a kick system so anyone not playing FO/TE or buffbot can be kicked from the MPA. Come on, you've been playing this game long enough to know where it's really going.

What should they do? After nerfing the fuck out of multipliers and broken investment skills, add mastery skills where you pick one out of two or three to improve non-standard combinations. For examples,

BO: Elemental Charge (Active that causes JB-like element switch for all weapons and increase weakness damage by 10%) vs. Technique Mastery (Changes JBs to apply technique boosts at 50% rate) vs. JA Penetration (Add 50% Break Stance damage to broken parts).

Improve BO with other melee weapons, improve JB use with technique classes, reduce niche status of Break Stance for players who would like to select it instead of Ele stance.

FO: Element Chain (Increase technique damage by 25% when consecutively using techniques of different elements) vs. "Photons" (increase damage 25% when alternating striking PAs and techniques)

Reduce reliance on Elemental Conversion single tech spam, improve FO/melee play.

Other things that should happen: TAJA should become innate effect of all classes and FI can get something else, single-element boosts for FO and TE should be thrown off a tall building onto a row of spikes, certain PP regen skills need to be MASSIVELY nerfed, all crafted weapons should gain access to Red weapon potential at Gold tier, etc.

I suspect that should say "you need to max out"?

jooozek
Dec 27, 2015, 11:47 AM
FO: Element Chain (Increase technique damage by 25% when consecutively using techniques of different elements) vs. "Photons" (increase damage 25% when alternating striking PAs and techniques)
yes, we need a zondeel/shifta/deband/resta/zanverse/megiverse + w/e offensive tech combo you deem worthy buff :wacko:

Gamemako
Dec 27, 2015, 11:54 AM
yes, we need a zondeel/shifta/deband/resta/zanverse/megiverse + w/e offensive tech combo you deem worthy buff :wacko:

Heh, just spitballing -- I assure you, 25% wasn't an exact number either. All you have to do to fix that is apply only offensive techniques, same as the way JBs don't change element when you use Resta.

Then again, I'd rather have people comboing support techniques to other techniques than what we have, which is spamming one button over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

Z-0
Dec 27, 2015, 12:12 PM
I really wish playing well was spamming one button over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over

yoshiblue
Dec 27, 2015, 12:18 PM
Sometimes I feel PSO2 could adopt Mabinogi's combo card system to promote different technique usage. mfw your card is all ilbartas; so you end up doing like 16x more damage than you normally would be doing.

wefwq
Dec 27, 2015, 12:21 PM
At least it's not spamming space and QTE to win fight, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6AV9W2ZdmjU

Azure Falcon
Dec 27, 2015, 12:39 PM
My premonition - every decent new skill will be main class only as Sega continues their crusade against players who want to use weapons types from their sub-class.

Zorua
Dec 27, 2015, 12:41 PM
Gunslash bullet keep, for the love of god.

Gamemako
Dec 27, 2015, 12:54 PM
At least it's not spamming space and QTE to win fight, right?

The frustrating thing about PSO2 is that there is variety underneath it all. There are 45 techniques total, including compound ones. Most of them are never used because the game systems ultimately encourage using one technique or PA repeatedly for its efficient output. The damage bonus for using a weak element technique is smaller than the bonuses to a single element. There's no combo system outside of subbing FI for a small TAJA bonus to encourage the use of multiple techniques or elements, and nobody is going to sub FI when they can take TE PP regen and more technique damage. The game has all the pieces it needs, it just puts them together in an absolutely ass-backwards way that encourages the worst kinds play.

Hrith
Dec 27, 2015, 01:08 PM
My premonition - every decent new skill will be main class only as Sega continues their crusade against players who want to use weapons types from their sub-class.Yes... So many skills make NO sense being restricted to main classes. Granted some do, some really do, but Bullet Keep, Break Stance DB Bonus, Long-Time Assist, Switch Strike make no sense being main class-only skills and actually ruin some really interesting class combinations =/

Gunslash bullet keep, for the love of god.It is good news, but Bullet Keep should work with any weapon type to begin with. Band aid on a wooden leg.

Gamemako
Dec 27, 2015, 01:21 PM
Yes... So many skills make NO sense being restricted to main classes. Granted some do, some really do, but Bullet Keep, Break Stance DB Bonus, Long-Time Assist, Switch Strike make no sense being main class-only skills and actually ruin some really interesting class combinations =/

Switch Strike has to be the worst to me. You would only use it in combination with a striking class all of which have lower T-ATK than BO already. It literally has no purpose except to further handicap one of the weakest sub classes in the game.

untrustful
Dec 27, 2015, 02:26 PM
Sub Class Exp Boost skill for all classes.

All classes below level 55.

Tunga
Dec 27, 2015, 03:06 PM

That's even worse than break. Having DB switch element at will like JB is the best fix that class can have.

Gunslash bullet keep, for the love of god.

More like make bullet keep non main class and work as long as you switch to an R-atk weapon. Gura and Rabr would benefit from this a lot.

FireswordRus
Dec 27, 2015, 05:52 PM
BothStance for Fi :p

NoobSpectre
Dec 27, 2015, 08:51 PM
BothStance for Fi :p

Or something similar to Fury stance but lesser multipliers but come with crit bonus.
Maybe another bonus multiplier when Limit Break.

Strobo_Lemon
Dec 27, 2015, 09:10 PM
Gunner

Zero Range Advance 3
Perfect Keeper 2

That is all.