PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Harkotan and Sukunahime past

Someone help me Nyau
Dec 27, 2015, 09:29 AM
Can someone help me? :3
I managed to get the movie from ep3 ch3 but i cant understand everything because all is in japanese.
If theres anyone know, pls tell me history of harukotan and sukuna hime past :-)

AfroTop
Dec 27, 2015, 09:53 AM
Same here, just did the same part and couldn't understand anything, it was about Harkotan and Sukunahime's past as well, pretty key to understanding what's going on :(

sesiom000
Dec 27, 2015, 04:46 PM
Well basically what i got is she is a daughter of a white kin and a black kin of those harkotan species and now thay are at war with each other and i think she want for both of them to be at peace like in the past.
But donīt sweat on it because that character is not THAT important for the rest of the story.

Naoya Kiriyama
Dec 27, 2015, 05:35 PM
The lore was as it follows:

Harkotan have 2 races fighting each other since long time ago, so in an attempt to make peace, the monarchs decided to marry the Prince of Kuron and the Princess of Harkotan (or might be the opposite, don't remember exactly) and they had a daughter which is Sukunahime. But that didn't helped to make peace and the conflict grow bigger, to the point that both parents were fighting each other. In a shakespearian drama way, when both were aiming at each other throats, Sukunahime stood between them and took the hits from her parents, dying in the process. Then they realized the futile conflict between the races and both gave their lives to resurrect Sukunahime. Saddened by her parents' fates, she divided both Kuron and Shironia with her tears creating a large rift between both territories (that rift had a fancy name iirc as in, River of Tears or something like that).

And that's the story in a nutshell.

KLMS1
Dec 27, 2015, 08:19 PM
It's an actual legit river, going by the mentions in other conversations.

The "shadow play" also tells us that Harukotanese females are normally in the same size class as the males, which makes Sukuna something akin to a fairy compared to the species norm. But then, in the early eventfields the random Shironian soldiers seem to assume Matoi is the Miko entirely on basis of size and when Kotoshiro's looking for Sukuna he appears to consider "bossy lady about your size" an entirely sufficient description. (Then again seeing as how he's blind going into greater detail would be somewhat tricky anyway...)

ZerotakerZX
Dec 27, 2015, 09:40 PM
It's an actual legit river, going by the mentions in other conversations.

The "shadow play" also tells us that Harukotanese females are normally in the same size class as the males, which makes Sukuna something akin to a fairy compared to the species norm. But then, in the early eventfields the random Shironian soldiers seem to assume Matoi is the Miko entirely on basis of size and when Kotoshiro's looking for Sukuna he appears to consider "bossy lady about your size" an entirely sufficient description. (Then again seeing as how he's blind going into greater detail would be somewhat tricky anyway...)

She's also a dewman, instead of harukatorian.

Perfect Chaos
Dec 27, 2015, 10:32 PM
the Prince of Kuron and the Princess of HarkotanI'm guessing you mean "Princess of Shironia", since Harkotan is the whole planet itself.

KLMS1
Dec 27, 2015, 11:55 PM
She's also a dewman, instead of harukatorian.

...which would make absolutely no sense whatsoever, as Dewmans are a rather recent creation of Luther's mad scientists at VOID. Sukuna conversely is positively ancient, and AFAIK the Fleet hasn't had much prior contact with Harukotan before anyway.

DrCatco
Dec 28, 2015, 01:05 AM
...which would make absolutely no sense whatsoever, as Dewmans are a rather recent creation of Luther's mad scientists at VOID. Sukuna conversely is positively ancient, and AFAIK the Fleet hasn't had much prior contact with Harukotan before anyway.

Also, female dewmans have two horns, and male dewmans have one.

LonelyGaruga
Dec 28, 2015, 01:05 AM
Sukunahime isn't a dewman, she just vaguely resembles one.

ZerotakerZX
Dec 28, 2015, 01:27 AM
Also, female dewmans have two horns, and male dewmans have one.

It's a trap!

KLMS1
Dec 28, 2015, 06:34 AM
Plus Sukuna's horn is distinctly of the Harukotanese "luminous strips" variety rather than the "black bone knife" style of Dewmans... for all we know single horn might be the norm for the females of the species, not that she was exactly a good yardstick ofc.