PDA

View Full Version : pls help since i'm done

Cure Shock
Dec 27, 2015, 09:57 AM
Sit down son, that's a long story of a guy that just wants to play PSO2 and ends up insane.

All my problems started when I tried to solve a bug with Visiphone (I had no problems with PSO2 before), but after... that's how I messed up my life:

- First, as I said, accessing the Visiphone made the game freeze. I solved it (it was the Direct chat) BUT I uninstalled all the plugins and eng patches since I thought they were the cause of my problem

- After I checked that the Visiphone freeze was gone I installed plugins and patches again

- THE GAME DIDN'T LAUNCH

- *cries in italian*

- Check for old/missing files

- 13 GB OF STUFF DOWNLOADED WTFFFFFF

- ok nvm i just want to log on in time for MB

- NO AUDIO, + NO INTRO VIDEO + I stay stuck IN THE LOADTUBE after CHOOSING MY CHAR

My DirectX is updated. Drivers' n stuff's all good.

If someone has an idea of what I did wrong, pls help since i'm done. Thanks

ZerotakerZX
Dec 27, 2015, 09:59 AM
I was presuming that you've watched ep4 trailer is all

wefwq
Dec 27, 2015, 10:12 AM
You don't have to make new thread every single you ran into problem running the game...

Cure Shock
Dec 27, 2015, 10:16 AM
You don't have to make new thread every single you ran into problem running the game...

Oooookay ooookay I'll move it as comment under the latest thread.

EDIT: I can't delete the thread. Next time.

jooozek
Dec 27, 2015, 10:33 AM
do a check for missing and old files, let it download stuff, launch the game, close it, install english patch and large patch, launch game, close it and from this point on unless you know a new patch is out, every time it starts checking files just right click the bar and cancel

Z-0
Dec 27, 2015, 11:01 AM
Who censors it as "s*it" tho

fuusen_gum
Dec 27, 2015, 11:05 AM
try to use the vanilla version for a couple of hours without using CK proxy, of there's no problem with that, then try to install the plugin 1 by 1, don't try to install all the plugin at once

Shinamori
Dec 27, 2015, 12:03 PM
Random suggestiom: Check your my documents folder to see if you have a SEGA/PHANTASTSTARONLINE2 directory. If so, check to see if anything missing.

By default, you should have:

item_name_cache.dat
user.pso2
_patchlist.txt
_patchlist_old.txt
launcherlist.txt
management_beta.txt
precede.txt
_version.ver
version.ver
version_precede.ver

Also, try launching the game using the original launcher. The official one. It will download some files as you can't (for some reason) use the English patch with the official launcher. So, it will proceed to download the missing/altered files. Once that's done. As a TEST don't install in patches, just launch the game vanilla and see if that fixes your isssues. If so, add your patches ONE-By-ONE to see if it still works.

Dammy
Dec 27, 2015, 12:13 PM
wait, its not EP4 rant ?

wefwq
Dec 27, 2015, 12:29 PM
wait, its not EP4 rant ?
too bad, isn't it?

KLMS1
Dec 27, 2015, 12:32 PM
It does rather go against the current meta. :|

Cure Shock
Dec 28, 2015, 09:28 AM
Okay guys running in vanilla the game solved my problems, even if downloading other files from the original launcher chewed away other GB from HD but I don't care for now. Thanks everyone and sorry for bothering.