PDA

View Full Version : Error 240/249

phurion
Dec 29, 2015, 09:31 PM
I've been trying to help a friend get into PSO2 again, but he keeps getting one of these two errors. I've had him try the following steps:
-VPN and proxy.
-change modem settings to low security
-disable antivirus/firewall
-full reinstall
-all troubleshooting options on the tweaker
-running tweaker as admin

It always results in either error 249 or error 240. I'm out of ideas, so hopefully someone here can lend a hand. The odd thing is that he has no trouble accessing the pso2 website.

Nanaha
Dec 30, 2015, 12:56 AM
From what I've been googling around...error 249 seems to be a server maintenance error? Error 240 seems to be your proxy error.

Error 240 - サーバーへ接続することができませんでした。
公式サイトのお知らせ等で
サーバーの稼働状況についてご確認ください
Unable to connect to the server - Please check the website for the current status of the server and any announcements.

This usually means your ISP is unable to connect to the game. Just use the super easy PSO2Proxy to connect! (http://PSO2Proxy.cyberkitsune.net)

Error 249 - サーバーへ接続することができませんでした。
しばらく時間をおいてから、再度接続してください。
その後も同様に発生する場合は
公式サイトのサポート窓口へお問い合わせください。
Unable to connect to the server - Please wait a while, then try connecting again. Please contact Technical Support if this error happens constantly.

The server sometimes spits out this error instead of 649 during maintenance, but it can also be received if your connection/speed are not enough to fully connect to the server. Make sure you are connected to the Internet, the servers are up, your wireless strength is good or better if applicable, and try again.

phurion
Dec 30, 2015, 03:56 AM
From what I've been googling around...error 249 seems to be a server maintenance error? Error 240 seems to be your proxy error.

The error occurs with or without a proxy. Tried two different VPNs and had the same results.

Nanaha
Dec 30, 2015, 03:12 PM
It might just be a connection problem then? I'm not well versed in routers, but you might have a port blocked that pso2 needs to access. If the connection just isn't good enough, not much else you can do.
*this pertains to error 249
**the error alternates between 240 and 249?

phurion
Dec 30, 2015, 04:51 PM
It might just be a connection problem then? I'm not well versed in routers, but you might have a port blocked that pso2 needs to access. If the connection just isn't good enough, not much else you can do.
*this pertains to error 249
**the error alternates between 240 and 249?

Error 240 occurs any time the connection is established normally. When using a proxy or VPN, it varies between 240 and 249.

Nanaha
Dec 30, 2015, 05:07 PM
My guess is you hit error 240 because you don't have a proxy/vpn up and when you do have one up, it will sometimes fail resulting in 240 popping up again. You then make it through, but it seems that your connection isn't strong enough to make a secure link.

Thats what I've figured given what you've told me so far and assuming there's nothing wrong with router permissions. Have you tried using the PSO2Proxy by cyberkitsune (http://pso2proxy.cyberkitsune.net/) yet? There's issues when too many people use it, but it's generally reliable.

phurion
Dec 31, 2015, 01:42 PM
Yeah tried that proxy. I'm not sure how the connection could be an issue. He's got 29Mb down and 13 up. With around 100 ping to JP, which seems to be pretty average.

phurion
Jan 14, 2016, 07:48 PM
Anyone else have any ideas? Still haven't been able to find anything through google.