PDA

View Full Version : So which ships are everyone moving to in Jan?

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 30, 2015, 05:01 PM
So obviously there's going to be a mass exodus from Ship 2 when everyone gains the ability to move all their goodies with the storage update. I'm not sure if I'll be transferring at all cause of friends and not giving two shits about EQ performances anymore outside of Magatsu which always go well in my experience (though may change after people do transfers).

If you plan to move, where do you plan on going?

JCry
Dec 30, 2015, 05:23 PM
So obviously there's going to be a mass exodus from Ship 2 when everyone gains the ability to move all their goodies with the storage update

How is this obvious? I Don't think the remaining on ship 2 even care and the ones who did left.

Nanaha
Dec 30, 2015, 05:33 PM
If you're that concerned about performance, then you probably found a think-alike group rather than moving ships entirely. And moving ships = money, and while I know some people do spend alot, there's quite a few of us who don't.

The fact that Ship 2 is basically the english community in a nutshell is probably why most of us(assumption here) won't be moving.

KLMS1
Dec 30, 2015, 05:33 PM
'S not like people moving to other ships was in practical terms any different from them just stopping playing. Which I'm pretty sure they do all the damn time and nobody really cares.

jooozek
Dec 30, 2015, 05:34 PM
i'm moving to shared ship :wacko:

Shadowstarkirby
Dec 30, 2015, 05:39 PM
How is this obvious? I Don't think the remaining on ship 2 even care and the ones who did left.

It's just a choice of word, don't think much of it. :-? It came of of my ass much like how I can say 80% of Ship 2 is bad, how would I know? And no, I'm pretty sure a handful of people didn't choose to move cause they couldn't carry their goods with them, it was pretty inhibiting. Now soon that won't be the case.

Skyly
Dec 30, 2015, 06:02 PM
So obviously there's going to be a mass exodus from Ship 2 when everyone gains the ability to move all their goodies with the storage update. I'm not sure if I'll be transferring at all cause of friends and not giving two shits about EQ performances anymore outside of Magatsu which always go well in my experience (though may change after people do transfers).

If you plan to move, where do you plan on going?

What do you mean the ability to move all their goodies? I've been gone for awhile so I am out of the loop.

SilkaN
Dec 30, 2015, 06:02 PM
Inb4 JPs notice that EN players are swarming out and then move to Ship 2 to avoid the Gaijin plague

don't take this seriously

sparab
Dec 30, 2015, 06:06 PM
Fact: after all the tumors spread out to other ships, pugs on ship 2 will be decent

SilkaN
Dec 30, 2015, 06:08 PM
Tbh I highly doubt most people will notice a difference.
Or maybe that's just from my lowly casuil point of view.

Poyonche
Dec 30, 2015, 06:20 PM
Maybe it is the cure to cancer.

Hysteria1987
Dec 30, 2015, 06:32 PM
Maybe some people will move, because they'll have a bit more freedom in doing so, but I can't see there being much of a noticeable change. The people Ship 2 loses might even be replaced by those people who made their accounts on other ships, and only learned where most of the English-speaking players were after that.

Dragwind
Dec 30, 2015, 07:23 PM
I don't think it'll be enough of a reason to cause a mass migration.

CaptainVoltaire
Dec 30, 2015, 07:57 PM
I highly doubt anyone is really gonna care about switching ships.

Azure Falcon
Dec 30, 2015, 07:59 PM
Not moving anywhere, ship 2 might have its fair share of problems but I feel "safer" from the ever looming threat of 630 there. Staying quiet and keeping your head down is a hell of a lot easier when you've got lobbies full of very clearly English players bringing attention to themselves.

pkemr4
Dec 30, 2015, 10:03 PM
cant leave family behind

NoobSpectre
Dec 30, 2015, 10:06 PM
Or that might be another way:

Maybe some noobs whom ruined random mpa feels that its not their fault instead and they left for other ship, terrorizing non-ship 2 community and actually benefitting ship 2 itself, auto weeding of incompetent players. Like most said, get good, get organized for EQ or brace for rekt, dun care about moving ship that much anymore (unless price checking and migration in plan long ago or something).

Already have that experience, albeit in a different criteria.

yoshiblue
Dec 30, 2015, 11:07 PM
cant leave family behind

Well if you did move away, your son or daughter would live the anime dream and find themselves a waifu. Do you trust that person enough to be alone with your child? :wacko:

Strobo_Lemon
Dec 30, 2015, 11:20 PM
By "family", he probably meant teammates and friends

yoshiblue
Dec 30, 2015, 11:34 PM
Joke aside, you never know when someone is in one of those RP family things.

RocK_M
Dec 30, 2015, 11:36 PM
I actually assumed people would move TO Ship 2... seeing as it's still the server w/ the biggest english speaking population.

I'm still on Ship 10 and weighing my options. I'm a tragic pack rat/completionist so I collect pretty much any 7* or above gear and stash in storage so I never bothered moving w/ all the junk I have =P

But I would like to find some place I can talk to randoms to kill my time on my short casual sessions xD

What do you mean the ability to move all their goodies? I've been gone for awhile so I am out of the loop.

January update revamps the storage system. Where you can start increasing the size of your Storage Space permanently (goodbye stupid timed storage!) and the Ship transfer system will actually count items on your storage as well now.

Kondibon
Dec 30, 2015, 11:45 PM
January update revamps the storage system. Where you can start increasing the size of your Storage Space permanently (goodbye stupid timed storage!) and the Ship transfer system will actually count items on your storage as well now.It's specifically the character specific storage they're adding that transfers ships with the character. Regular storage is still ship specific as far as I know.

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 31, 2015, 12:42 AM
movin ships to a better game

Kondibon
Dec 31, 2015, 01:23 AM
movin ships to a better gameMaenara made a scene when she left but at least she doesn't keep coming back just to make inane comments. >_>

Cyron Tanryoku
Dec 31, 2015, 01:27 AM
you luv me for it babe

Zorua
Dec 31, 2015, 02:40 AM
I uhh... I don't think I'll be moving anywhere

Dammy
Dec 31, 2015, 02:48 AM
just stay at ship2
if gaijins swarm some other ship, there will be exodus of jp players , so in the end its same ship2
also, don't forget time zones, other ship could be empty on your peak-time

Rupikachu
Dec 31, 2015, 07:24 AM
So why moving. For 10 extra excubes a day?

Ordy
Dec 31, 2015, 07:40 AM
Not moving, I like my team and moving isn't going to solve anything.

It's not like Ship02 was like Syria or Mexico.

seilent
Dec 31, 2015, 08:47 AM
always talk with team, always MPA with team, no reason to move for me ~

FireswordRus
Dec 31, 2015, 09:43 AM
always change ships, for buying stuff

Dammy
Dec 31, 2015, 10:59 AM
i hope it doesn't happen
don't spread the plague, guys, we're all counting on you

Vatallus
Dec 31, 2015, 11:19 AM
You'll should exodus to ship 8.

PsiTempest
Dec 31, 2015, 01:47 PM
I won't move because it costs money.

I don't actually believe that there are that many "bad" PSO2 players, but when I go into an MPA for Demise, the stuff I see makes me want to cry.

LunaSolstice
Dec 31, 2015, 04:08 PM
Not paying for something that has zero benefit to me lol

Achelousaurus
Dec 31, 2015, 05:23 PM
Fact: after all the tumors spread out to other ships, pugs on ship 2 will be decent
Actually after the earlier exodus I find literally 5 times as many jp randoms in my mpas and general performance has skyrocketed.

Time was 3 Magatsu runs was luxury but these days I usually get 4 and occasionally finish before 2nd phase begins.

I don't think it'll be enough of a reason to cause a mass migration.
It probably will though. Not huge like before but still noticeable.

Real migration was not possible for anyone with a lot of stuff at most 100 slots per character and unless you have 10 of them, that's not that many items. I may be extreme, always close to 3000 but there's a big middle ground.

Now that you have effectively 350 items free per character and possibly 100 more each, with only 3 characters you can move over 1000 items.

In general I would like to jump ship to escape B1 but I can't cause ship 10 is the only other one with an at least noteworthy western community and I simply have to many friends on ship 2 that won't / can't switch.

Vintasticvin
Dec 31, 2015, 07:47 PM
Nyeh I'm staying on ship 2 for the same reasons as Ordy also plus what other ship has Ordy? I refuse to leave her </3

Also welcome back Cyron Hows the better life treatin ya?

starwind75043
Jan 1, 2016, 11:05 AM
what would be the point of moving? If its to go be with friends i understand. But beyond that i dont see a point.

jooozek
Jan 1, 2016, 11:23 AM
what would be the point of moving? If its to go be with friends i understand. But beyond that i dont see a point.

getting away from the english plague is enough of a selling point for some people :wacko:

sparab
Jan 1, 2016, 11:31 AM
getting away from the english plague is enough of a selling point for some people :wacko:

Don't mind people spamming english in public chat, but I just can't stand for all those "LFG XHEQ"(weapon +7 unit +0) "inv" (72/35) on the right hand side

Hysteria1987
Jan 1, 2016, 03:48 PM
Personally I'd rather have the English speakers around, and not have to put up with only Japanese. A good chunk of em aren't as bad as people make out, and in some things like Challenge mode (anecdocal evidence, I know), I see English speakers regularly outperform Japanese players.

It's just the bad ones that give that particular group that reputation, to say no more here.

Saagonsa
Jan 1, 2016, 05:27 PM
I always got the feeling that a lot of people who complain about ship 2 pub mpas have never played on any other ship. In my experience it really isn't all that much different no matter what ship you're on. See also: the average quality of a shared ship MPA

Basically if you want better mpas finding a group of people you can run with is almost certainly going to be more effective than moving

Z-0
Jan 1, 2016, 05:30 PM
Also going to have to mention that the people who complain about the quality of MPAs aren't the big shots they think they are... which goes for the majority of people here (myself included, of course).

Flaoc
Jan 1, 2016, 05:46 PM
i just do stuff with my team so it ill be staying

InvertedWyvern
Jan 5, 2016, 11:32 AM
Doesn't really matter here. My community is PSO world, most english speakers online are quiet as me or B1

Xaelouse
Jan 5, 2016, 12:19 PM
I mostly keep to myself anyway. Not much reason to move to the "english community" or some ship with a higher population.

wefwq
Jan 5, 2016, 12:20 PM
Reminder that they'll raise the ship transfer cost back to 700AC real soon.
It's your last chance to save some money, pack your luggage real fast!

KLMS1
Jan 5, 2016, 12:47 PM

"I-it's not like I want to see you scrubs gone or anything! ...b-baka..." :blush:

SilkaN
Jan 5, 2016, 01:04 PM

Yes, hurry and get the hell out already! Except for s-senpai... o///o

Ryziou
Jan 5, 2016, 01:31 PM
So why moving. For 10 extra excubes a day?

More like to have an advantage over single ship people. Eg. Do TD4 three times, Do multiple PD/Invasion runs and most probably in the future there'll be EQ's like them.

Spliffman
Jan 6, 2016, 03:17 AM
I feel sorry for the JP players, who largely try to stay away from EU/US players. Now there will be an influx of people where they aren't welcome.

wefwq
Jan 6, 2016, 03:35 AM
I feel sorry for the JP players, who largely try to stay away from EU/US players. Now there will be an influx of people where they aren't welcome.
People who care enough to move ship probably are properly geared anyway.
As people who don't really care that much about general random MPA quality will most likely stay on their own containment ship, in the end JP hardly affected in any way maybe except for JP who opt to stay on ship 2.

Spliffman
Jan 6, 2016, 04:01 AM
People who care enough to move ship probably are properly geared anyway.
As people who don't really care that much about general random MPA quality will most likely stay on their own containment ship, in the end JP hardly affected in any way maybe except for JP who opt to stay on ship 2.

Still doesn't seem right to me, we are not even legally meant to be playing the game, we could respect that and keep to our own, rather than trying to seek out more skilled groups to get the top tier drops. Sometimes it's better to appreciate what you can have rather than try and have it all I guess. Anyway, I realise most people don't think like me, I just hope it doesn't result in complaints from JP players.

SilkaN
Jan 6, 2016, 04:30 AM

I still don't know where this is coming from, all the JPs that I've talked to (or that I've tried to talk to when my Japanese was worse than it is now) were super interested in a random German playing the game. They were always super nice to me.

wefwq
Jan 6, 2016, 05:22 AM
Still doesn't seem right to me, we are not even legally meant to be playing the game, we could respect that and keep to our own, rather than trying to seek out more skilled groups to get the top tier drops. Sometimes it's better to appreciate what you can have rather than try and have it all I guess. Anyway, I realise most people don't think like me, I just hope it doesn't result in complaints from JP players.
It's more into mutual feeling that each player can at least hold their own weight and grounds mid-quest.
It's not some private MPA where each member's skills are recognized to certain extent alright, but still... you want the best result out of it while "prepared" for the worst.

Some people highly disappointed with general public performance on ship 2, thanks to their effort at keeping those default affix and it's original grind level of their equipment, thus people who "care" about such stuff being annoyed, and naturally will "seek" for brand new shelter, moving ship.

Now imagine that those people who worked up so hard making good equipment, pouring tons of hours and as well as million of meseta.
All their effort gone into thin air because majority of people just somehow doesn't care about performing at acceptable tier.

Shinamori
Jan 6, 2016, 05:39 AM
I still don't know where this is coming from, all the JPs that I've talked to (or that I've tried to talk to when my Japanese was worse than it is now) were super interested in a random German playing the game. They were always super nice to me.

Most of what I've heard is that most of the JP don't mind that we're here. It's mostly the ones who annoyingly type in all chat and the outright rude westerns they seem to have a issue with. So long as we're respectable towards them, they'll be respectable (or at least tolerant) towards us.

KLMS1
Jan 6, 2016, 06:07 AM
Some people highly disappointed with general public performance on ship 2, thanks to their effort at keeping those default affix and it's original grind level of their equipment, thus people who "care" about such stuff being annoyed, and naturally will "seek" for brand new shelter, moving ship.

I have a sneaking suspicion an awful lot of these people are terribly short on actual firsthand experience to make the comparision with and are running on sheer "grass is greener on the other side", though.
Also suspecting quite a few of them aren't actually quite the 1337 g4m3rz held back by filthy casuils they fancy themselves to be, but rather part of the problem. "No, John. You are the scrubs."

...which said I have on occasion seen some truly appalling gear being brought into freaking XH Mining Bases and the like when idly checking out my fellow pugs at the teleporter. What kind of rat bastard lunatic tries those with Ext 3 9* weapons? :-o

Ryziou
Jan 6, 2016, 06:39 AM
What kind of rat bastard lunatic tries those with Ext 3 9* weapons? :-o

English players that don't really care and want to just have "fun" :^ )

wefwq
Jan 6, 2016, 06:49 AM
I have a sneaking suspicion an awful lot of these people are terribly short on actual firsthand experience to make the comparision with and are running on sheer "grass is greener on the other side", though.
Also suspecting quite a few of them aren't actually quite the 1337 g4m3rz held back by filthy casuils they fancy themselves to be, but rather part of the problem. "No, John. You are the scrubs."

...which said I have on occasion seen some truly appalling gear being brought into freaking XH Mining Bases and the like when idly checking out my fellow pugs at the teleporter. What kind of rat bastard lunatic tries those with Ext 3 9* weapons? :-o
People make quick judgement because the number of quest "failure" and people with that kind of gear just keep increasing, continuous disappointment lead to the entire ship 2 drama.
It was followed by the horrible amount of newcomers on Ship 2, makes the other having either hard time making progress and don't want to take their time get used to the game mechanics because less people playing on the lower difficulty quest.
This all lead to the people who only know to rush level no matter what, without having some basic knowledge about certain game mechanics or playerbase's norm.

SEGA doesn't really take much effort on explaining the gear development in-game, foreigner also get double dipped because of language barrier.
Well, i think this is WHY SEGA starting to publish the series of tutorial videos on their youtube channel... only took them 3 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CI0kYrQnf3Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDFTP0peKAI

And it can't be helped since Ship 2 and "gaijin" name in general already stained.

KLMS1
Jan 6, 2016, 08:15 AM
People make quick judgement because the number of quest "failure" and people with that kind of gear just keep increasing,

The confirmation bias is stronk here you know. If anything pugs have been getting a lot more competent as of late from what I've seen.

wefwq
Jan 6, 2016, 09:06 AM
pugs have been getting a lot more competent as of late from what I've seen.
On JP primetime, yes.

On JP dead hour, absolutely no.. it was still awful.
Failing TD2, wrecking MCoI3 MPA route, and so on.
Also i encounter people with +0 weapon more frequent on dead hours, kinda the reason i stopped doing any EQ late night.

KLMS1
Jan 6, 2016, 09:57 AM
Eh, I dunno. These days scheduled EQs that used to be bit of a crapshoot to clear on XH not all that long ago seem to melt amazingly quickly, and even unscheduled Despairs seem to have roughly even odds of clearing going by the few I've run.

Achelousaurus
Jan 6, 2016, 10:01 AM
This all lead to the people who only know to rush level no matter what, without having some basic knowledge about certain game mechanics or playerbase's norm.
TBH these people start to really piss me off as well.
People that must instantly break the boss crystal in a DF EQ during the death cutscene even though it's a single run only.

People that abandon xmas eq the instant there is a pse burst and from one second to the next it's 2/12 and get super pissy when someone takes a single step outside the maximum efficiency farming zone.

Finding that middle ground of people that aren't crap but also aren't douches is incredibly hard.

I'm not even asking for much, just don't be a jerk and don't be an idiot. I have low standards for what I consider acceptable gear and I know everyone makes mistakes. But people still tend to be mostly retards that expect others to do their work or the other extreme who are super full of themselves and bitch at everyone and everything.
Or like jp elitists who just leave the mpa the instant something isn't maximum efficiency.

Dammy
Jan 6, 2016, 10:04 AM
I have played on few different ships, and when i see someone with ungrinded weapon/units he has EN name, like 9 of 10 times
like, 13* with potential unlocked, but units are +5 and weapon is +0
or same guy with +3 units for few months , after few Bal Rodos dailies in a row

so please, stay at ship2 and dont spread that shit

Ryziou
Jan 6, 2016, 12:11 PM
People that must instantly break the boss crystal in a DF EQ during the death cutscene even though it's a single run only.

People that abandon xmas eq the instant there is a pse burst and from one second to the next it's 2/12 and get super pissy when someone takes a single step outside the maximum efficiency farming zone.

Finding that middle ground of people that aren't crap but also aren't douches is incredibly hard.

I'm not even asking for much, just don't be a jerk and don't be an idiot. I have low standards for what I consider acceptable gear and I know everyone makes mistakes. But people still tend to be mostly retards that expect others to do their work or the other extreme who are super full of themselves and bitch at everyone and everything.
Or like jp elitists who just leave the mpa the instant something isn't maximum efficiency.

Well...

1. They could be ship hopping and want to do this fast. It shouldn't take you 20 minutes to get ready for a crystal break, just pop your RDR and pull out your stick and wait. That's what I do.

2. I don't really see the problem, some of my MPA's just run past the PSE burst but I've never seen anyone leave due to a PSE burst. Heck, I've seen Decol spawn and everyone just runs to him, kill him and continue. You must be in some crappy block to witness that.

3. I honestly don't want to be grouped with people with +0 gear in XH or people with +20 pp units and no atk on it whatsoever. Free fields are okay but stuff like TD4 is a no go, it's so easy and it should be impossible to fail it now. I'm not trying to be elitist or think I'm above everyone else though.

I have played on few different ships, and when i see someone with ungrinded weapon/units he has EN name, like 9 of 10 times
like, 13* with potential unlocked, but units are +5 and weapon is +0
or same guy with +3 units for few months , after few Bal Rodos dailies in a row

so please, stay at ship2 and dont spread that shit

This is what annoys me the most. Why can't they just go get the easiest units in the god damn game, CM Zieg units. You don't even need to affix them because they're already "okayish". Grinding said units doesn't take 1 year or even a lot of money orz. Granted though, I kind of went full retard and forgot to grind my rangers units to +10 like 2 days after Magatsu SH nerf since making a new character is pretty rare.

snip I posted L2P videos from sega

I actually liked watching them, thanks for telling me they actually created them lol.

sparab
Jan 6, 2016, 12:24 PM
Pugs are roughly the same on each ship, magatsu that pass 30 minutes is a universal phenomenal

On ship2, JP used to make geared pug on separate blocks until a few persistent no manner gaijin ruined it. Now there are only like 12-ish people make locked MPA instead.

Ryziou
Jan 6, 2016, 12:28 PM
Pugs are roughly the same on each ship, magatsu that pass 30 minutes is a universal phenomenal

On ship2, JP used to make geared pug on separate blocks until a few persistent no manner gaijin ruined it. Now there are only like 12-ish people make locked MPA instead.

People started to learn how to kill Magatsu anyway, after like what? when the JP stopped doing it? Although they don't do the same tactics which is fine as long as I can get 4x runs in if I ever do Magatsu again.

Aine
Jan 6, 2016, 12:33 PM
ship 2 pugs are fine

sparab
Jan 6, 2016, 02:11 PM
People started to learn how to kill Magatsu anyway, after like what? when the JP stopped doing it? Although they don't do the same tactics which is fine as long as I can get 4x runs in if I ever do Magatsu again.

Belly groups are aiming for 4+4 runs, but most stopped hardcore magatsu since all newer eq yields 30+ cubes.

I generally run the geared pugs to avoid leecher and squeeze block, though sometimes they are no better than ult/XH blocks

Saagonsa
Jan 6, 2016, 02:26 PM

Pop your RDR tickets when loser goes out for his 2nd timestop and use a shortcut word to equip your stick in the cutscene. No real reason to wait when there are in fact people who do it more than once.

HentaiLolicon
Jan 6, 2016, 03:44 PM

1/ Blame your slow network/PC
2/ These people are farming, and you snowflakes mess it up.
3/ We have no time to carry noobs. Git gud

wefwq
Jan 6, 2016, 04:06 PM

You're supposed to use your RDR boost before the boss died, not before breaking the loot crystal.

As for MCoI3 farming route, it can't be helped since when someone stepping out of the safe zone, the entire run might be ruined... bunch of people are using their precious boosters and thanks to those people the boosters are wasted for nothing but extra 7+2 meseta drop.
Also i never seen people leave because of burst, sure that it's pretty much a dead giveaway for the quest, but i never see people leave because of it, during burst, just don't kill shit so those points don't go into waste to useless mobs... this is probably the reason people leaving your MPA.