PDA

View Full Version : R2 not working on Xbone controller with PSO2

Spliffman
Jan 4, 2016, 03:34 AM
Hi guys, this hasn't been an issue really, but now I'm getting to the harder content I need an evade button, and its assigned to R2, which isn't working. Has anyone come across this issue?

EDIT: Just to clarify, it works perfectly on my XBOX

Shadowth117
Jan 4, 2016, 03:47 AM
http://wccftech.com/xbox-controller-pc-drivers-download-courtesy-major-nelson/

You need the 360 esque xbone drivers.

The problem is that while the game is designed to work with the 360 controller, which had its triggers use a single axis that went up or down from a middle point depending on which was pressed, the xbox one's modern drivers use the more intelligent dual axes for the triggers. This means that you can use both at the same time (check with a 360 controller or that driver up there if you don't believe me that the old one can't do that), but certain games like PSO2 won't like it.

tldr use that if you want it to work. Yes it is dumb.

Spliffman
Jan 4, 2016, 06:15 AM
http://wccftech.com/xbox-controller-pc-drivers-download-courtesy-major-nelson/

You need the 360 esque xbone drivers.

The problem is that while the game is designed to work with the 360 controller, which had its triggers use a single axis that went up or down from a middle point depending on which was pressed, the xbox one's modern drivers use the more intelligent dual axes for the triggers. This means that you can use both at the same time (check with a 360 controller or that driver up there if you don't believe me that the old one can't do that), but certain games like PSO2 won't like it.

tldr use that if you want it to work. Yes it is dumb.

Weird, I installed that driver and its still the same. The odd thing is, the L2 button does 'use item' as well as 'evade'. Not sure what to do now?

Shadowth117
Jan 4, 2016, 06:26 AM
Weird, I installed that driver and its still the same. The odd thing is, the L2 button does 'use item' as well as 'evade'. Not sure what to do now?

You might need to go to device manager and manually tell your computer to use the driver (I think I linked tge right one...). To do this, select your controller in device manager, update the driver from a drivers stored on the computer, and choose Microsoft Xbox One Controller iirc.

And yeah, that's the exact issue that's expected. Its really dumb, but unlesx they fix it then you need the old driver. It should be okay with most games although I recall Fallout 4 not liking it.

Spliffman
Jan 4, 2016, 07:23 AM
I tried doing that and for some reason it wont let me. I'm on windows 10 if that helps? I basically went into drivers, it said they were up to date. When I check the drivers there are 3, but I cant select any.

dcone
devauthe
xboxgip

are the extensions on the 3 driver files.

Shadowth117
Jan 4, 2016, 07:26 AM
You have to be sure to tell it to look at drivers stored on your computer. There shouldn't be an up to date message if you do that. I'm not near a computer right now to tell exactly what it says though.

Edit:
Do the bottom option when you get here (ignore that that's not actually an xbone controller that I selected in the picture):

http://puu.sh/mjdbx/89e4e66fd3.png

You should be able to select the driver you installed in the list it gives. Not 100% sure if it works with the Elite controller.

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 4, 2016, 09:34 AM
Weird issue, I never had problems with my xbox one controller.

I just downloaded the xbox one pc drivers installed them, connected the controller with the micro-usb cable the PC recognized and set up the controller. After that I got the message "your hardware has been installed successfully" yada yada yada.

and every game that used my xbox 360 controller works 100% perfectly fine (the same as it did with the 360 controller).

zegun~kun
Jan 4, 2016, 12:19 PM
i believe this is the solution: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3281862&postcount=1

but do note it only works when you connect your xbone controller through micro usb cable,
and when you're selecting a driver, you'll encounter 2 drivers:
Microsoft XBOX One Controller <--- select this one
Microsoft XBOX One Controller (DFU)

if you try connecting the controller through its wireless Adapter, Windows will just read it as Xbox One Controller again and your lovely R2 will go nuts again

this is all thanks to Xbone controller's new trigger system layout which has Z Rotation programmed in RT
old X360 triggers (LT & RT) is assigned as a single Z Axis by windows
when you see the controller properties, you'll see only X rotation, Y rotation, & Z axis
Z axis being both LT and RT, it will stay at 50% when you press none of the triggers and go either full or empty bar depending which trigger you press.

in xbone's case, Windows will show you X rotation, Y rotation, Z rotation, and Z axis
Z rotation being the RT (or R2 if you prefer it), and Z axis being the LT (or L2 if you prefer it)
since both triggers are now separated, Z rotation and Z axis will stay empty bar when you press none of the trigger, and will gradually fill up depending how hard you press the trigger.

this also explains why pressing RT (dash) will cancel your tech charging (holding LT) if you assign a tech in the quick bar as a Fo, Te, or Bo -- because pressing both LT and RT will nullify each other's button register by Windows.
and since PSO2 seems only copy Window's system on X360 controller support, this happens.. in case if you wonder why some other games dont do this.
also, i dont think we can ever use xbone controller wirelessly in PSO2 if sega doesnt add support for it from Windows 10's system....

cmiiw,

Spliffman
Jan 4, 2016, 12:54 PM
Thanks for trying to help everyone. I am playing wirelessly (my wireless adapter came today) most of the time, so I guess i'm fooked.

How bad of a player am I going to be with no evade button?

wefwq
Jan 4, 2016, 12:56 PM
How bad of a player am I going to be with no evade button?
You'll be crossing path of enlightment after dying so many times.

Spliffman
Jan 4, 2016, 01:11 PM
You'll be crossing path of enlightment after dying so many times.

Damn, oh well, considering its a Japanese game I shouldn't even be able to play, I will just have to appreciate what I can play and get as far as I can before it gets frustrating. As a serious PSO/PSO1+2 player it's just nice to kick back and relax with this game. I'm 40 this year as well so probably one of the older PSO players out there, maybe it's a good thing I wont be able to play the harder stuff lol

jooozek
Jan 4, 2016, 01:22 PM
unbind the triggers ingame and just bind the keyboard ones with xpadder
there, problem solved

Spliffman
Jan 4, 2016, 01:25 PM
unbind the triggers ingame and just bind the keyboard ones with xpadder
there, problem solved

Is that even possible though? Whenever I try to change the controls in game, it basically wont let me use any other button for anything, it only seems to activate or de-activate it? (Apologies for all these questions, I find all this a bit of a headache). I had a quick browse and the only Xpadder I could find was £5.99 which I don't really want to be spending on this if I'm honest, and a lot of the information I saw on the free versions said it wasn't compatible with Windows 10?

jooozek
Jan 4, 2016, 01:46 PM
according to this (http://techapple.net/2015/06/tutorial-to-configure-gamepad-using-xpadder-for-windows-78-110/) it works just fine, just need to set compatibility properly, also, if you can't even bind any key to the commands in game you should try connecting the gamepad with a microusb cable like said, unbind in game, then you should be fine with xpadder

Spliffman
Jan 5, 2016, 11:18 AM
according to this (http://techapple.net/2015/06/tutorial-to-configure-gamepad-using-xpadder-for-windows-78-110/) it works just fine, just need to set compatibility properly, also, if you can't even bind any key to the commands in game you should try connecting the gamepad with a microusb cable like said, unbind in game, then you should be fine with xpadder

Thanks for all the ideas, just realised that you need to be holding down the button when you click CHANGE. I know have roll mapped to L3 which has solved everything. Thanks everyone for the input.