PDA

View Full Version : Does hardcore TAing require a graphics down grade?

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 6, 2016, 02:06 AM
Topic ^_^

I've noticed that in practically every awesome TA run from a random JP player or even some baka gaijin's that their graphics are usually very crappy. Almost looking like PSX style graphics.

Do they do this on purpose? Or are they all just using toasters and potatoe's as PC's?

Totori
Jan 6, 2016, 02:10 AM
They do it, just to make sure none of the extra shaders, doesn't interfere with their loading time. It's not required, but less loading time is always a good thing. When you are trying to rush, also we don't know what specs they might have.

Shadowth117
Jan 6, 2016, 02:17 AM
The game works better at higher framerates, and more recently at 120 FPS specifically (Unlimited technically caps at 200 frames now and allegedly the game performs better at 120 than this). At higher framerates, the game is not only moving ever so slightly faster, but also loads much better at high framerates. Some advanced techniques require precision that becomes more lenient with a higher framerate as well.

The thing is, while most people can manage 60 or so on decent settings during normal circumstances, the game isn't optimized as well as it could be and maintaining double that is a little more difficult for sure. This is a particularly big deal for group ta when there's a lot of effects from hitting enemies with attacks going on at the same time on screen, but even solo is still pretty relevant since you're killing many things, often very quickly.

Z-0
Jan 6, 2016, 03:07 AM
If your PC is good enough, no. Most of us play on maximum settings now.

If you can load Naberius I in 2-3s (and also Lilipa, I guess), you're good.

TaigaUC
Jan 6, 2016, 07:50 AM
Yeah, they fixed the loading issues. Amazingly.
I used to get some lag clicking between Este savedata and such, but that's gone too.
Still takes a little time for accessories list to load, but seems faster than before.