PDA

View Full Version : Endgame?

Petunia
Jan 6, 2016, 11:34 AM
I've been playing on and off since the initial launch of PSO2 and one thing I've never been able to find out is what the Endgame is.
Is it TA times? Is it just sitting in the lobby waiting for EQs?

I've gotta be missing something. All I have left to do is get an Austere of every element maxed out and then I've pretty much got nothing to do, and that really isn't doing it for me when it comes to reasons to log in.
Sure once Ep4 hits I'll have content to enjoy again, but once I finish it I'll be right back to where I am now.

What should I be doing once I hit level cap and am well geared?
What's my goal?

Charmeleon
Jan 6, 2016, 11:46 AM
Dressup/lobby actions, affixing, playing for fun (if applicable). Endgame is whatever you want it to be.

You can play something else if you've got nothing else you want to do in PSO2. I usually play other games in between EQs if I've got nothing I need to farm.

AlphaBlob
Jan 6, 2016, 11:47 AM
Speedrun stuff?

Naska
Jan 6, 2016, 11:48 AM
True end game is Fashion Star Online 2 aka Waifu Simulator. But hey, whatever float your boat.

Sandmind
Jan 6, 2016, 11:48 AM
With this kind of game, you need to set yourself a goal to enjoy it, as you noticed. Especially with PSO2 with it's dripfeed updates. Otherwise, I find them best to enjoy with friends around. Not helping that Sega's goal is making this a good social environnement + events, over gameplay/content.

You can always try to play the others class too.

fuusen_gum
Jan 6, 2016, 11:52 AM
there's no end game for meseta hunter

wefwq
Jan 6, 2016, 11:57 AM
What should I be doing once I hit level cap and am well geared?
What's my goal?
There's no real end-game in this game, sadly.
Pretty much left to making god-like affix, dressup, try to be billionaire, or doing some inane stuff.

It can be more fun when you have your own goal in mind anyway, the game don't have to define one for you.
For me, i just collecting some money for the next updates or improving my affixes.
or if you interested, you can try to play PSO2es with your PC character for some breather from the main game.

Ryziou
Jan 6, 2016, 12:04 PM
there's no end game for meseta hunter

icwutudidthere

but it's more like 13* hunter

sparab
Jan 6, 2016, 12:06 PM
- Get 4 pairs of wings
- Maximize their size
- Dance the lastest dance @ B-001
- "my character fabulous"

TaigaUC
Jan 6, 2016, 12:10 PM
I think endgame is supposed to be max difficulty level + whatever the latest EQ is + farming whatever the latest equipment is + maxing out with bestest affixes evars.

The Walrus
Jan 6, 2016, 12:14 PM
i wish this game had an endgame

Ryziou
Jan 6, 2016, 12:25 PM
i wish this game had an endgame

Honestly, endgame is kinda overrated. Some games can perform endgame quite well while others can't. I can't see PSO2 having one other than what's going on now.

Petunia
Jan 6, 2016, 12:45 PM
Might as well stuff this question here too, since EndGame is apparently just making money now.
How do I make money?

Like, legit question. How do I find out what sells well on the Player Shop, how do I acquire the items that sell well, etc.
I saw someone streaming with well over 200m Meseta and they did it all through selling drops.

jooozek
Jan 6, 2016, 01:02 PM
collect all the stat 3 unit fodder you find and all souls that boost transfer of said stats, then upslot, if you feel lucky and generous with excubes you can make more complicated fodders, base fodder should be lowest rarity, 1* best for cheapest cost when using 5 fodders at once
that will die out a bit though when the affix boost goes away, if it didnt yet

Petunia
Jan 6, 2016, 01:18 PM
I wish I knew what half of that meant, lol
Can you explain a bit more, please?

KLMS1
Jan 6, 2016, 01:20 PM

Pretty sure it just did in this week's maint.

Tunga
Jan 6, 2016, 01:39 PM
We all know pso-w is the true endgame content. Also affix boost died hours before maint.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 6, 2016, 01:43 PM
collect all the stat 3 unit fodder you find and all souls that boost transfer of said stats, then upslot, if you feel lucky and generous with excubes you can make more complicated fodders, base fodder should be lowest rarity, 1* best for cheapest cost when using 5 fodders at once

I wish I knew what half of that meant, lol
Can you explain a bit more, please?

In short, what he's saying is making fodders people use to affix their gear with, and trying to explain one such method, which is pretty much jibberish to anyone not super savy with a system the game doesn't exactly teach you much about itself.

The other methods involves getting lucky with nice drops to sell, and doing TACOs, and DOs that are worth decent money.

Zorafim
Jan 6, 2016, 02:14 PM
It doesn't seem like endgame is any different from, what's it called, midgame? Reaching the level cap doesn't change much. All you want are those stat points.
Once you get strong enough, I suggest finding something you enjoy doing, and doing that. I enjoyed boss kills, myself. But there's no real gain to that. TAs had a great meseta return, which you can use for character customization.

Actually, I think that's it. Character Customization is the endgame. Getting meseta for the latest accessories and hairstyles.

Mattykins
Jan 6, 2016, 06:39 PM
Endgame is logging in for the good EQs, then logging out when it's done

Gaylar
Jan 6, 2016, 10:27 PM
To me its as simple as playing Ultimate and hoping (:wacko:) to get something out of it.

Like everyone else has said, PSO2 has no real endgame and I sincerely doubt we'll ever see a piece of endgame content that isn't just "burn down this boss as fast as possible".

I mean I'm still honestly surprised Sega threw in some actual DPS checks into PD (even though they're still laughably easy) or that instagib mechanic with Guar. Regardless I don't think we'll ever see something truly difficult in this game that could be classified as say "end-game raid tier" content; except for maybe trying to 8-affix something with genuinely good affixes and not just shit ones.

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 12:04 AM
FinalBossDudu.jpg

Hysteria1987
Jan 7, 2016, 01:52 AM
Austere Talis for me.

Somewhat difficult finding Ult parties, and the Profound stones really only occur at particular times, but that's what's keeping me going for now- dat sweet loot.

There's not really much opportunity to hunt (most stuff that's been of value over PSO2's life has been tradeable), levelling doesn't take overlong, and the standard quests are all sort of samey so there's not all that much entertainment value there, so once you've been round the block it can be hard to stick with.

NoobSpectre
Jan 7, 2016, 02:15 AM
Post in here http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198507 and get acknowledged by people is one of your endgame content.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 7, 2016, 03:35 AM
EQ spam, AQ spam, Challenge mode spam, TA spam, XQ spam, Ult spam. There just gave you things to spam as end game.

LordKaiser
Jan 7, 2016, 03:41 AM
Austere will be obsolete when 14* gets added on Episode 4. If SEGA keeps doing the same thing it will.

What you call end game now it will be pointless by Summer.

Totori
Jan 7, 2016, 03:43 AM
Sad, but true.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 7, 2016, 04:40 AM
Austere will be obsolete when 14* gets added on Episode 4. If SEGA keeps doing the same thing it will.

What you call end game now it will be pointless by Summer.

I somehow doubt they'll replace austere that soon. I'd give it til around november. Besides, austere only required players to do every bit of meaningful content to acquire.

Selphea
Jan 7, 2016, 04:52 AM
What I foresee with Austere isn't so much that they make it obsolete but that they'll trivialize the grind for it. Neros were hard to get until TD4 happened. Now the Cali : Nero ratio has greatly shifted in favor of Neros. I'm guessing that if anything, they'll do something to make Calis easier.

Honestly though what I'd really like to see is something like 2x Yurlungur and Galeru rewards from Hans and UQ completion. The Nemesis and Slave series are pretty but totally not worth the time right now. Wouldn't mind Fire Slave DBs and a Light Nemesis Rod for both looks and practicality while complementing the main Austere weapons.

Shinamori
Jan 7, 2016, 05:09 AM
The real issue for Austere weapons is spamming XQ for stones.

Selphea
Jan 7, 2016, 06:47 AM
Whaaa I thought that's one of the easier parts of it o.o or at least more profitable ones with the Flict fodders picked up on the side.

KazukiQZ
Jan 7, 2016, 07:14 AM
^Yes, XQ is one of the easiest parts in Austere materials farming.

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 07:45 AM
Austere will be obsolete when IF 14* gets added on Episode 4.

FTFY.
:nono:
People seriously need to stop talking like ther WMG tea-leaf divinations were some kind of established fact...

Kondibon
Jan 7, 2016, 09:24 AM
FTFY.
:nono:
People seriously need to stop talking like ther WMG tea-leaf divinations were some kind of established fact...I wouldn't call an educated guess based off the patterns of added weapon rarities, datamined information, and the existence of 15* gear existing in other Phantasy Star games, wild mass guessing...

Unless you think Kaiser means they'd be added at the launch of episode 4, which I admit would be pretty crazy to show without having announced it yet.

Zorafim
Jan 7, 2016, 09:59 AM
The problem with MMOs nowadays is that, no matter how hard you work for the best weapon, a better one is going to be released soon enough. This game at least has the benefit of the weapon you worked so hard to get being decent enough for a long time. Which is good, since you need to spend so much effort on it even after you finally get it just for it to be any use.
Speaking of which, are the Kamuis still decent?

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 7, 2016, 10:09 AM
The problem with MMOs nowadays is that, no matter how hard you work for the best weapon, a better one is going to be released soon enough. This game at least has the benefit of the weapon you worked so hard to get being decent enough for a long time. Which is good, since you need to spend so much effort on it even after you finally get it just for it to be any use.
Speaking of which, are the Kamuis still decent?

Yes after years and years those daggers are still okish. But you can pick up a pair of lavis blades for pretty now a days so probably not really worth using unless going hunter.

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 10:57 AM
I wouldn't call an educated guess based off the patterns of added weapon rarities, datamined information, and the existence of 15* gear existing in other Phantasy Star games, wild mass guessing...

Unless you think Kaiser means they'd be added at the launch of episode 4, which I admit would be pretty crazy to show without having announced it yet.

The point is there's AFAIK currently zero evidence of 14*s coming anytime soon, least of all early into Ep 4. Which makes confident assertations like his basically total Ass Pulls. Might as well start reading fortune cookies for hints of future content.

He's also kind of missing the point in that even if 14* weapons were introduced out of the blue with Ep 4 launch, Austeres would still be the "BIS" while working towards them... and most people will presumably need high-end weps for more than one class anyway.

wefwq
Jan 7, 2016, 11:00 AM
This game at least has the benefit of the weapon you worked so hard to get being decent enough for a long time. Which is good, since you need to spend so much effort on it even after you finally get it just for it to be any use.
Not really, almost every weapon in the past has pretty short "lifespan" since SEGA actively adding the new, stronger weapon.
Units on the other hand, has really great lifespan... ragne/vardha units back then can hold like almost a year, and saiki managed to hold it's glory for a year.

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 11:09 AM
and saiki managed to hold it's glory for a year.

I fail to see why you're using the past tense here.

KazukiQZ
Jan 7, 2016, 11:11 AM
Saiki still king owo)~

wefwq
Jan 7, 2016, 11:14 AM
I fail to see why you're using the past tense here.
because i might offend some people :^)

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 11:15 AM
...well played. =3=

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 12:00 PM
Now: Austre>>>Saiki

One month later: Tokyo>>>>>>>>Austre

Ryziou
Jan 7, 2016, 12:01 PM

13* units when

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 12:16 PM
13* units when

After 12* silly

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 12:45 PM

Your math is bad and you should feel bad! :nono:

Ordy
Jan 7, 2016, 12:50 PM

Crafted Saiki is still better than Austere set, unless it's Austere rear+arm+orbit set ... but that's currently only available for 8 weapons.

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 12:52 PM
And only while said weapons are actually in hand IIRC. So, yeah.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 01:21 PM
Ares was the best or within a couple % of the best weapons for over a year until Austere was added, and Saiki continues to basically be the best for overall usage with about the same age as Ares as well. The idea that 14*s are going to be added to EP4 is ludicrous, especially since the trailer shows that Tokyo Exploration is going to follow the same layout as Kuronia Exploration. We'll likely see a few 13*s added, maybe a new unit set and some 12*s, and that's it. I wouldn't bet on 14* weapons being added until at least the next difficulty is implemented.

Xaelouse
Jan 7, 2016, 01:33 PM
It could also be the reason why a new Ult isn't being released anytime soon.
And honestly, I doubt 14*s will be a big damage jump if at all.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 02:10 PM
Your math is bad and you should feel bad! :nono:

Austre 3/4 = 260HP+35PP with more defence and resist

Saiki strikestrikestrike = 300HP+25PP
Saiki strikestrikeshot = 200HP+35PP
Saiki strikeshotshot = 100HP+45PP
Saiki shotshotshot = 55PP

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 02:14 PM
Austre 3/4 = 260HP+35PP with more defence and resist

Saiki strikestrikestrike = 300HP+25PP
Saiki strikestrikeshot = 200HP+35PP
Saiki strikeshotshot = 100HP+45PP
Saiki shotshotshot = 55PP

Thank you for proving my point.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 02:20 PM
Thank you for proving my point.
[SPOILER-BOX]
https://i.imgur.com/yl1OVBh.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 02:29 PM
And that's why your math is bad. PP >>>>>>>>>> pretty much everything, while def and resistances are fairly useless the last I checked. (Special Ext 8 if you now want def.)

Kondibon
Jan 7, 2016, 02:32 PM
And that's why your math is bad. PP >>>>>>>>>> pretty much everything, while def and resistances are fairly useless the last I checked. (Special Ext 8 if you now want def.)I don't think that's bad math since it's pretty hard to quantify how much more valuable pp is than hp.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 02:38 PM
And that's why your math is bad. PP >>>>>>>>>> pretty much everything, while def and resistances are fairly useless the last I checked. (Special Ext 8 if you now want def.)

200PP is enough for me so I'll get 260HP instead 20PP, and full pp saiki people lick floor faster than luckyraise toto

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 02:46 PM
Any set that's reliant on a weapon is automatically bad because you should be using a few different weapons. Unless every single weapon you use is Austere, Austere set simply isn't worthwhile.

So with that in mind, rear + arm Austere is +190 HP +30 PP. Assuming you want HP, then Orbit leg would be best for a total of +240 HP and +37 PP, otherwise a PP leg craft nets +190 HP and +40 PP, so it's 190 HP vs 15 PP.

Considering HP is substantially easier to acquire from affixes than PP is and has a more strict "stops being useful" limit, I don't see how Austere is factually superior to Saiki. It's just a more defensive alternative.

200PP is enough for me so I'll get 260HP instead 20PP, and full pp saiki people lick floor faster than luckyraise toto

lol if you say so

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 02:50 PM
I don't think that's bad math since it's pretty hard to quantify how much more valuable pp is than hp.

More PP means more PAs/techs in a given amount of time means enemies die faster means less attacks coming your way in the first place. Means PP is kinda inherently more useful, but it's not like you can't HP craft one unit if you want a bit bigger safety margin.

PP > HP > DEF > resistances any day, though.

Good for you, but some people being bad @ dodging doesn't exactly affect the point much. From what I've seen eg. XH Elder handpokes hit hard enough to two-shot you whether you have 200-odd extra HP or not if you suck at timing your dodges.
>_>
totallynotspeakingfromexperience

wefwq
Jan 7, 2016, 02:54 PM
Rev up those skill trees.
Time to go FULL TANK.

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 03:03 PM
inb4 Guardstance Hunter

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 03:05 PM
Fo/Hu is a vaild build for solo XQ

EvilMag
Jan 7, 2016, 03:09 PM
This isn't the Nazonde days of SEA!

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 03:11 PM
Fo/Hu is a vaild build for solo XQ

What build isn't? The most difficult part about XQs is clearing SE challenges as a non-tech class, and that just necessitates making some weapons with SE affixes.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 03:18 PM
What build isn't? The most difficult part about XQs is clearing SE challenges as a non-tech class, and that just necessitates making some weapons with SE affixes.

strike gust

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 03:36 PM
Strike Gust just applies stun, most classes can do that. I wasn't counting that because it's a little less reliable but I guess that does work.

Either way, don't you think that's a moot point to bring up? It just makes XQs even easier than what I said they were. If you wanna say something about Fo/Hu's viability, then you should really say how it's viable compared to other classes. Especially Fo/Te. You can just nuke anything that's remotely threatening with a composite...which Fo/Hu sucks at, naturally.

Raujinn
Jan 7, 2016, 03:42 PM
Queen Viera should take care of those stages easily. It's less tricky than stunning, anyway.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 03:45 PM
Well then you need a Queen Viera! At least with SE affixes you could use literally any GS. Just take a random 1* and affix it with Shock/Mirage/Panic (since no enemy is immune to these SEs) and you're good to go! Could use Rescue Guns too if you have those. Those would be most reliable but not everyone has them.

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 03:53 PM
...or just bring NPC techers along. Little risk of them killing the target before applying SE, too!

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 04:08 PM
...or just bring NPC techers along. Little risk of them killing the target before applying SE, too!

Not in solo XQ though

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 04:48 PM
Pretty sure doing XQ solo is entirely a personal problem though.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 05:17 PM
Pretty sure doing XQ solo is entirely a personal problem though.

solo XQ has nothing to do with doing XQ solo

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 05:21 PM
You've been talking about the solo XQ that isn't even out yet? Kinda hard to tell since your phrasing could be interpreted either way.

Calling Fo/Hu viable for a quest that isn't even out yet makes even less sense then.

KLMS1
Jan 7, 2016, 05:26 PM
solo XQ has nothing to do with doing XQ solo

The only kind of XQ the Quest Counter currently knows is the one where going solo is wholly optional.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 05:52 PM
Most people I know do the current XQ solo because the stages are difficult as jokes anyway.

Solo XQ or zenith whatever on the other hand, have that mecha banther stage which I can't fantasize how to survive with tech class.

Selphea
Jan 7, 2016, 05:57 PM
They'll probably have such nerfed HP that a single Fomelgion will stunlock and kill both

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 06:06 PM
Considering we don't even know if the enemies have nerfed HP or not, it's a little early to talk about that, don't you think?

But here's my idea of how to solo it so far. Assuming that it's Falke Leone, Vilma Leopard, and Bayaribbles all simultaneously (Vilma may or may not initially be present), my first priority would be to break Leone's wings so that it slides around a lot, then either Elysion/BoS Ilbarta or Barantsion on Bayaribbles while dodging Vilma's projectiles. Fo/Br and Te/Br can Banish Ilbarta instead. After that, Vilma Leopard, which is honestly really easy to solo with any class imo, and then Falke Leone. Falke Leone is easy enough to solo if you know how to fight it, so that's no issue.

Assuming they are at full strength, a Fo/Hu imo is even more likely to fail than a Fo/Te because of how much weaker it would be. The increased length of such a fight just outweighs the defensive benefits from /Hu. Assuming they do have nerfs applied to them (and they are really likely to since Ultimate was stated to be intended for a full MPA), then it may even just be possible to outright kill Bayaribbles with a single Ilbarta combo, which would make any need to strategize moot, as you can just break Leone's wings and then go Leopard > Leone.

The trickiest part about this quest imo would just be deciding what skill trees to use, since it's the only XQ that features a wide variety of enemies and we don't know all the stages yet.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 06:36 PM
FoHu(elderpain)

Most mecha duo solo videos used either melee or GuRa and the only fo/br video is rather painful. Would be safer to take down leone as fast as possible since after breaking both wings it will most likely go berserk.

Things shown in video:
Nyau army->knight gear->dragex->gunne->Gryphoon->cata+vol->decol+darker horde->elder/loser/oldprentice(human)->falz angel->mecha duo+rockbear(beyari?)

It is safe to assume you need at least fire/ice/light for stage 6-10. I wouldn't be surprised if they throw in anga/dio/raid falz in the last stage.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 06:58 PM
If you can't break Leone's wings without enraging it, it's safer to not touch it at all. The whole point is to avoid fighting Leone while it's enraged alongside with Leopard. As easy as Leopard's projectiles are to avoid, it makes Leone so much more lethal simply by limiting available room to maneuver safely. Regrettably, the % of HP that constitutes the wing part breaks isn't currently known, but I'm fairly sure that Leone actually has quite a ways to go before enraging after both are broken, when all is said and done. Unless you did something like Fomelgion to break the wings, which wouldn't be wise.

Tech classes aren't very popular to play so it's only natural that you wouldn't see any decent videos of mecha pair fight, not really proof of anything.

Might wanna work on that stage list by the way. Knight Gear + Dragon Ex + Gunne are the same floor, same deal with Elder, Loser, Apprentice Doppelganger, and Falz Hunar + Falz Angel. A floor that wasn't covered in the trailer but was shown in that uh...Dengeki scan, I think it was, was Diabo + Nove Ringdarl + Aginis.

Also, funny story. I only just noticed, but that's not a Bayaribbles at all, that's a Rockbear! How strange, I thought the scans showed a Bayaribbles.

Selphea
Jan 7, 2016, 07:15 PM
Maybe they nerfed it after Ichitaro got his ass kicked :wacko:

Ryziou
Jan 7, 2016, 07:30 PM
Knight Gear + Dragon Ex + Gunne are the same floor

I still can't deal with Dragon Ex properly orz. Going to be a big pain with 2 other bosses whacking at me

TaigaUC
Jan 7, 2016, 07:40 PM
Usually I go for his face and try to face stunlock him.
A few Backhand Smashes to his face usually does the trick.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 07:41 PM
If you can't break Leone's wings without enraging it, it's safer to not touch it at all.

Might wanna work on that stage list by the way. Knight Gear + Dragon Ex + Gunne are the same floor, same deal with Elder, Loser, Apprentice Doppelganger, and Falz Hunar + Falz Angel. A floor that wasn't covered in the trailer but was shown in that uh...Dengeki scan, I think it was, was Diabo + Nove Ringdarl + Aginis.

Also, funny story. I only just noticed, but that's not a Bayaribbles at all, that's a Rockbear! How strange, I thought the scans showed a Bayaribbles.

Tried WB one point on those wings and they always seem to enrage when both are broken.

Decol/Human Falz/Hunar Falz are shown in different scene but with the same bonus condition (maybe just one long stage, who knows). This quest doesn't seem to have a time limit.

And so did the earlier video showed 5 nero in Xmas bingo, which turns out to be 3 in game.

I still can't deal with Dragon Ex properly orz. Going to be a big pain with 2 other bosses whacking at me

These 3 only spawns one by one seems

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 07:49 PM

It'll be one at a time. What class(es) do you use against Dragon Ex? Could offer tips about fighting it.

Decol/Human Falz/Hunar Falz are shown in different scene but with the same bonus condition (maybe just one long stage, who knows).

Ah, didn't catch that was the same floor, thanks. The bonus condition and the weaknesses added from clearing prior stage orders are the same so it's just one stage it looks like.

Ryziou
Jan 7, 2016, 08:51 PM
These 3 only spawns one by one seems

It'll be one at a time. What class(es) do you use against Dragon Ex? Could offer tips about fighting it.

Oh then that's even better. I pretty much play all classes, I mean, Ex isn't really difficult per se, she's just annoying. The fact that she 80% of the time doesn't give you room to breathe unlike the other bosses.

Honestly I just die to stupid shit most of the time because I get combo'd to death or I'm lacking concentration while doing boring dailies.

Selphea
Jan 7, 2016, 10:28 PM
Whaaa just break her right arm with Sympho/One Point/Rebellion/Namegid or something and she becomes super slow o.o

LonelyGaruga
Jan 7, 2016, 11:30 PM
ew Namegid. Use Gi/Ra/Samegid for that. Namegid isn't very good for breaking Ex's parts because poison doubles the damage done to them, and you want to break them quickly to get the dark weakness. Namegid's ability to apply poison and low interval of hits from 6s charge times is counterproductive to both goals, not to mention it's bad DPS to begin with. Namegid's fine for the usual auto-target stuff, but you'd only need that if you're in a party and Ex has aggro on someone else.

Selphea
Jan 7, 2016, 11:56 PM
With all the spins and flips it does, Namegid seems more reliable, although I guess Innocent Form Ilbarta works better if it's an Ice/Dark build, since it has no weakness anyway.

Ryziou
Jan 8, 2016, 08:02 AM
Whaaa just break her right arm with Sympho/One Point/Rebellion/Namegid or something and she becomes super slow o.o

Well yeah that's why I said she's just annoying, I don't really have to break certain parts to slow other bosses down so why do I have to go out my way to just slow down this stupid dragon.

Sandmind
Jan 8, 2016, 12:15 PM
I'd rather have Dragon EX in the game than rockbear clones everywhere. :wacko:

seilent
Jan 8, 2016, 12:41 PM
or just megiverse > fomelgion then gimegid them
and those 3 bosses are very delicious targets for gimegid anyway

as for X
[SPOILER-BOX]www.youtube.com/watch?v=himVJSDe2gY[/SPOILER-BOX]

Morgan Fumi
Jan 8, 2016, 01:45 PM
I like toying with Dragon Ex using Braver's counter strike.

Makes it look like we're sparring, haha.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 8, 2016, 02:15 PM
With all the spins and flips it does, Namegid seems more reliable, although I guess Innocent Form Ilbarta works better if it's an Ice/Dark build, since it has no weakness anyway.

Dragon Ex has no weakness prior to part breaks, but like all the large dragon bosses barring Chrome Dragon, it has some resistance to all elements it isn't weak to, so Ilbarta does reduced damage. It wouldn't be worth using.

Ramegid and Samegid are compromises for accuracy, but as you can see from the video posted, Gimegid does the job fine all by itself. Dragon Ex has wide enough range and moves fast enough that Namegid is unreliable to actually set off, since you're liable to be forced to dodge some of the time, at least before getting any part breaks. But after a part break you can just Gimegid lock it, so Namegid is pretty irrelevant. Namegid is good for MPAs, but Dragon Ex tends to die quickly in those anyway due to flinch locks, and of course part breaks disable Namegid's lock.

kyoex
Jan 8, 2016, 02:59 PM
Endgame is to max your DPS , then play something else until update.

Selphea
Jan 8, 2016, 07:20 PM

as for X

That's lv65, not lv80 and wrong arm! :wacko:

The sword arm with dangerous attacks is the other one, that arm only shoots out weak, slow-moving crystals that barely do anything.

Ryziou
Jan 8, 2016, 07:29 PM

as for X

Well it's pretty easy for Ra or Fo with WB and Fomel but yeah, I usually just namegid Ex's parts and then the face if I don't want to/have Fomel. Probably not the best choice clearly seen in that video but I like namegid.

That's lv65, not lv80 and wrong arm! :wacko:

The sword arm with dangerous attacks is the other one, that arm only shoots out weak, slow-moving crystals that barely do anything.

The secret move that Ex has sometimes gets me because I've never even seen it except for like 4-5 times. Funnily enough, SH Ex sometimes kills me due to silly mistakes that I do.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 8, 2016, 10:39 PM

It wouldn't make a difference here anyway, since Ex dies too quickly for it to attack in SH. In XH you might want a full break (minus tail) just to get more openings to attack, since it'd create more flinches, but then, you could just Fomelgion.

seilent
Jan 8, 2016, 11:19 PM
i don't really bother which part to break actually since he's gonna die anyway.
i will try at LQ one later (though it's not 80 either) plus there's gear too there (cmiiw) which would be good for simulation
but then there's usually element weakness boost in XQ that gives huge boost in tech

tho im not really against namegid since u can just lock > charge > unlock > run away xD
i do that too sometimes when lazy

infiniteeverlasting
Jan 8, 2016, 11:32 PM
end game is boring once you get half decent gear.

After that point there are few that are actually willing to go the extra mile for the best gear, at least personally for me i don't even want to think about that grind. Anything above an 11 star makes me just want to quit permanently.

P.S. have they changed the grind rates for 12 stars yet? if i remember correctly back when 75 cap came, they moved 10 star grind rates to 11 star and 9 star to 10 etc, are they going to do taht again?

final_attack
Jan 8, 2016, 11:43 PM
end game is boring once you get half decent gear.

After that point there are few that are actually willing to go the extra mile for the best gear, at least personally for me i don't even want to think about that grind. Anything above an 11 star makes me just want to quit permanently.

P.S. have they changed the grind rates for 12 stars yet? if i remember correctly back when 75 cap came, they moved 10 star grind rates to 11 star and 9 star to 10 etc, are they going to do taht again?

I believe current ☆12 grind rate is almost the same as ☆11 now.
The only difference is ☆12 use 5 Grinders for each try, and more money too, I think :o

pict from JP wiki
http://puu.sh/moV7R/c2a5e74770.png

infiniteeverlasting
Jan 8, 2016, 11:56 PM
I believe current ☆12 grind rate is almost the same as ☆11 now.
The only difference is ☆12 use 5 Grinders for each try, and more money too, I think :o

pict from JP wiki
http://puu.sh/moV7R/c2a5e74770.png

that sounds like ahorro movie to me. Welp going to stick with my pot 3 affixed 11 stars :D

Everytiem i log in after a month long hiatus i log off immediately as i don't feel the need to get any better gear LOLOL

sparab
Jan 9, 2016, 12:00 AM
Mecha banther/leo has to be the most challenging thing and I wonder how many (non GuRa) people can solo them without struggle

Tried to solo them a few times RaHu massive automate style, and they cost 10 mono/10 di/1 tri at best (or all mates if spawn together). Fully charged end attract usually hit only once in theirs heads and the only safe chance to satecannon is during the roaring or burn down. I am forced to use one point/no charge ea for most of the time, without getting standing snipe of course.

And on top of that, the godly dodge roll is totally useless against leone's air spin and leohert's missiles. I have better luck evade those running!

ArcaneTechs
Jan 9, 2016, 12:16 AM
Mecha banther/leo has to be the most challenging thing and I wonder how many (non GuRa) people can solo them without struggle

Tried to solo them a few times RaHu massive automate style, and they cost 10 mono/10 di/1 tri at best (or all mates if spawn together). Fully charged end attract usually hit only once in theirs heads and the only safe chance to satecannon is during the roaring or burn down. I am forced to use one point/no charge ea for most of the time, without getting standing snipe of course.

And on top of that, the godly dodge roll is totally useless against leone's air spin and leohert's missiles. I have better luck evade those running!
FO/TE makes them pretty easy

Hysteria1987
Jan 9, 2016, 01:05 AM
FO/TE makes them pretty easy

I came in here to say something similar- they take hectic fire damage, particularly once you blow their heads off. Fomelgion's risky in ult but if you pull it off they'll melt nicely.

Of course, then you get that FO aggro, and if any other FOs out there are like mine, you'll know what a potential pain that can be.

[EDIT]: Oh, solo... :P You might want to skip the Fomelgion in ult, at the very least while there are other bots around. As for this upcoming XQ, I know next to nothing about that, so I'll play the waiting game...

DRAGONxNOGARD
Jan 9, 2016, 02:37 PM
i think try challenge like solo EH raid EQ for 12 ppls (elder loser magatsu anga etc) farm best 13* weapon and grind to +10 with best buffs etc...help noobs (newbies)...collect all achievements/tittles...collect all lobby actions or all character customization...upgrading your room...etc...