PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 38° Live Broadcast (Phantasy Star Thanks Festa 2016 - Fukuoka)

Manta Oyamada
Jan 7, 2016, 08:00 AM
http://i3.minus.com/jsavXSKDAzLUS_e.jpg
ファンタシースター感謝祭2016
Phantasy Star Kanshasai 2016
Phantasy Star Thanks Festa 2016

Date: January 17, 2016

Time: 13:00 ~ 18:00 (JST)

Automatic conversion time : http://goo.gl/Y1sid2

Official Link Nico Nico: http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv247933200
Fan Link YouTube 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieOrMPJHw44
Fan Link YouTube 2: https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live
Fan Link Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm
Fan Link Nico Nico 1: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 2: Coming Soon
Fan Link Nico Nico 3: Coming Soon

Topics

Information on the latest updates
Information on February’s update.
Section of questions and answers
New information about PS4 version
New informations and Goods of PSO2 The Animation

Reborn: EPISODE4 - Gameplay LIVE

Gameplay in the new area called "Tokyo" with the class Summoner (With new System “Layered Wear”).
Information about a new feature (element) which will be introduce in "Reborn: EPISODE4"

ARKS Grand Prix: Fukuoka Qualification (PC and PS Vita)
Phantasy Star Thanks Festa - Cosplay Show
Real Life Arks Dance - Phantasy Star Thanks Festa 2016
Let's dance "Rare drop koi Koi!"

Kondibon
Jan 7, 2016, 08:38 AM
Information about a new feature (element) which will be introduce in "Reborn: EPISODE4"

I hope this means they're revamping the element system.

AmanoMai
Jan 7, 2016, 08:48 AM
I hope this means they're revamping the element system.

inb4 you're forced to have rainbow 13* on every weapon

or it could be just a pet thing:-?

Saagonsa
Jan 7, 2016, 08:57 AM
It's not that kind of element. As far as I know there's no reason to think it's gonna be about the elemental weakness system.

Kondibon
Jan 7, 2016, 09:00 AM
As far as I know there's no reason to think it's gonna be about the elemental weakness system.You're absolutely right. Which is why I said "I hope". I'm not expecting anything. Heck it could just be an "element" of gameplay so eh.

FireswordRus
Jan 7, 2016, 09:35 AM
youtube2 https://gaming.youtube.com/c/Fireuniverse/live
twitch http://www.twitch.tv/fireswordmrm

wefwq
Jan 7, 2016, 10:04 AM
Thank god it's not unnecessary long this time.

ZER0 DX
Jan 7, 2016, 10:08 AM
Oh right, here's hoping the prices on item codes go down. Can't even buy the Festa clothes in player shops for some reason, so it's literally $30 to get this stuff. Absolutely ridiculous to get locked out of clothing for being unable to attend a venue when this wasn't a problem for previous outfits.

Ordy
Jan 7, 2016, 12:31 PM
Oh right, here's hoping the prices on item codes go down. Can't even buy the Festa clothes in player shops for some reason, so it's literally $30 to get this stuff. Absolutely ridiculous to get locked out of clothing for being unable to attend a venue when this wasn't a problem for previous outfits.

The 2015 Festa clothes are bound to account on code use. Why is it "absolutely ridiculous" to lock code items to attendants? Many companies do it to attract people to their events, to me it's nothing more than than a smart marketing strategy.

Do you remember the last event, with people exploiting the code distribution at the event and selling for 300m worth of costumes and tickets? Yeah, well I'd rather not be able to purchase a costume at all, than seeing people getting 50 or more free millions just for attending a PSO2 event.

TaigaUC
Jan 7, 2016, 06:28 PM
Oh, so that's why they locked them. Didn't think of that.
I knew people were exploiting the code distribution though.

NoobSpectre
Jan 7, 2016, 08:18 PM
Topics

New informations and Goods of PSO2 The Animation

This reminds me of Sunrise that makes mecha anime just to sell new gunplas.

final_attack
Jan 7, 2016, 08:22 PM
I'm ... interested in that new feature, "Element" ...... maybe a way to upgrade weapon's ele without spending so much on +5% EleBooster? :o

sesiom000
Jan 7, 2016, 08:46 PM
This reminds me of Sunrise that makes *Epic Gundam animes just to sell new *Epic gunplas.

There i corrected it for you!

Rakurai
Jan 7, 2016, 10:53 PM
It would be really great if they were redoing the element system so you didn't need to get multiples of a weapon to make it worth using, nor get tons of element boosters.

Though with how all the stone exchange shops are designed around the mechanic, I kind of doubt it.

sparab
Jan 7, 2016, 11:29 PM
As I hope some change to the current element system

This new "element" to be shown has nothing to do with the one on your weapons

AmanoMai
Jan 8, 2016, 01:00 AM
It would be really great if they were redoing the element system so you didn't need to get multiples of a weapon to make it worth using, nor get tons of element boosters.

that's actually only limited to Fo and weakstance users really

Z-0
Jan 8, 2016, 01:13 AM
Getting multiples of every weapon is how it's always been in PSO and PSU, needing multiple copies of everything to get good damage on everything in the game.

No real difference here, I just think there needs to be less reliance on elemental boosters. Austere is probably the biggest culprit of this, since you can't just "hunt" another and get it in a couple of days, gotta wait until you're able to hit up the relevant EQs.

Manta Oyamada
Jan 16, 2016, 07:48 AM
:-o:-o:-o

Poyonche
Jan 16, 2016, 08:42 AM
Come on and try, Live Broadcast !

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 16, 2016, 10:25 AM
that's actually only limited to Fo and weakstance users really

You forgot-

Bo mains/subs: elemental stance
Te mains/subs: element weak hit

In this convo's case, weak stance users are pretty much the tech users. It only applies to ranged, and melee attacks to weak points otherwise.

Poyonche
Jan 16, 2016, 10:29 AM
And the upcoming Pet Elemental Weak Hit :wacko:

Oh wait aren't those getting candies that change their element ?

KLMS1
Jan 16, 2016, 10:34 AM
You forgot-

Bo mains/subs: elemental stance

Except if they're on JBs because lolswitcheroos.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 16, 2016, 11:05 AM
Except if they're on JBs because lolswitcheroos.

And that's the only exception for ele stance while all other weapons just have to deal with it, and the fact break SD bonus is still designed like shit doesn't help.

Xaelouse
Jan 16, 2016, 01:34 PM
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/199/1199133/

Some interesting tidbits:

Summoner pets confirmed not having a JA. Reason: It's a "beginner" class.
One More Jump has no limit as long as you hit the enemy with the jump while there's gear
Charge Parrying can reach a window surpassing 0.5sec at 5 points
Katana Gear Boost gives 1.5 more gear gain at max?
Tech Arts JA PP gives 10% reduction for FI weapons and 5% for everything else at 1 point (5 point max)
Not much else interesting besides the potentials per new 13* series

KLMS1
Jan 16, 2016, 01:41 PM
Summoner pets confirmed not having a JA. Reason: It's a "beginner" class.

You'd think there was every reason to teach beginners most of all about JAs, but I guess Sega moves in mysterious ways... ʅ ( • ε • ) ʃ

arkeido
Jan 16, 2016, 01:46 PM
There goes the 1.3x multiplier... :no:

And Io not getting new costume, thanks sega.

Perfect Chaos
Jan 16, 2016, 01:57 PM
One More Jump has no limit as long as you hit the enemy with the jump while there's gear
I was hoping that this was the case. Even more like Mario!

Poyonche
Jan 16, 2016, 02:08 PM
On the picture where the Summoner fight the Quartz Dragon we can see that a stance is active, I hope this mean that pets are affected by stances.

sesiom000
Jan 16, 2016, 05:24 PM
http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/199/1199133/

Charge Parrying can reach a window surpassing 0.5sec at 5 points

How does this exactly work? Like i can block while im charging a PA cancelling it or will it autoblock incoming attacks and still use the PA?

Because Ignite Parrying its one of the worst PA on PSO2 because of the low damage and very hard timing to just guard with it...

LonelyGaruga
Jan 16, 2016, 05:31 PM
Autoblock isn't quite the right word for it, but that's basically what it does yes. During the time frame you begin charging, you'll block attacks.

And Ignite Parrying is actually an excellent PA, provided you actually, y'know, block with it. Doubled damage, +10 PP regen from Just Guard PP Gain, a significant speed improvement, and you turn invincible during the PA.

Kondibon
Jan 16, 2016, 05:31 PM
How does this exactly work? Like i can block while im charging a PA cancelling it or will it autoblock incoming attacks and still use the PA?

Because Ignite Parrying its one of the worst PA on PSO2 because of the low damage and very hard timing to just guard with it...The implication seems to be that charged PAs get just guard frames at some point while charging. Pretty sure you can guard cancel pretty much any PA charging already.

sesiom000
Jan 16, 2016, 05:40 PM
Autoblock isn't quite the right word for it, but that's basically what it does yes. During the time frame you begin charging, you'll block attacks.

And Ignite Parrying is actually an excellent PA, provided you actually, y'know, block with it. Doubled damage, +10 PP regen from Just Guard PP Gain, a significant speed improvement, and you turn invincible during the PA.

Thanks for the quick response.

Well i will have to think about that new skill!
Problem i have with the ignite PA its that you flinch if you fail to block while using it and you have to be totally relying on the enemy attacks to cause some damage making it easier to just do OE since you dont flinch and deal maximum damage already and it has super range.

sesiom000
Jan 16, 2016, 05:44 PM
The implication seems to be that charged PAs get just guard frames at some point while charging. Pretty sure you can guard cancel pretty much any PA charging already.

I see its like the ignite parrying Just Guard but in those old PA´s, but if you have to use skill points to activate that ability i wont probably bother with it since might as well Just Guard it the old way and save up skill points for something more important.

Thanks for the info!

LonelyGaruga
Jan 16, 2016, 06:29 PM
Well the thing about Charge Parrying is that it means you don't have to stop charging to block. So let's say you wanted to Ride Slasher a boss to build gear or something, you could start up the charge for Ride Slasher by deliberately blocking an attack by using Charge Parrying, then attack the boss with it. Without Charge Parrying, you would have to block normally and then start the PA over, which costs time and PP.

You could also use it to block enemy attacks while mobbing with Nova Strike and other uses. The best part is that it should work with Just Guard PP Gain, so every time you block with this you'd get 10 PP back.

ThePageofHeart
Jan 16, 2016, 10:43 PM
*grabs popcorn* I'm ready to see the salt coming for this Live Broadcast.

final_attack
Jan 16, 2016, 10:44 PM
Oh, btw, It's the schedule for today.

[SPOILER-BOX]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CY4uKQ-UoAAXeGD.jpg:large[/SPOILER-BOX]

Taken from official PSO2 Twitter (https://twitter.com/sega_pso2/status/688538548706750464)

I think the one in yellow is information info :o

Just in case you don't want to watch the entire thing.

Tankotron
Jan 16, 2016, 11:07 PM
Aaaaaaah I hate timezones. Why it gotta show during Genesis3.

Kondibon
Jan 16, 2016, 11:31 PM
Just pointing out that they showed the JBs being used to climb a boss. I REALLY don't think one more jump is going to be useless...

KazukiQZ
Jan 16, 2016, 11:38 PM
^Infinite Jump, it seems owo

DrCatco
Jan 16, 2016, 11:49 PM
^Infinite Jump, it seems owo

Climbing Magatsu will be a reality :D

final_attack
Jan 16, 2016, 11:50 PM
I think I also heard it's main class only :o

Goukezitsu
Jan 16, 2016, 11:50 PM
Episode 4 Overview trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQQOBKQBP48

Thanks as always to firesword for the restream and the thread creator!

final_attack
Jan 16, 2016, 11:54 PM
Seems like the ☆13 pot will be
Above 30% PP = damage up.

Tunga
Jan 16, 2016, 11:59 PM
One M jump looks to be kinda useful on maggy i guess. Still not gonna waste a SP on it. Also phantoms are all weak to wind from the looks of it. I'm not using my Bo or Fo for this so... Hu master race. Also that 13* katana looks like a modified 1* lol. You got a white & black metapod, A tooth with purple hair, vanilla and chocolate drill shaped lollipops and now that. Sega are allergic to good looking 13* katanas i guess lol.

Aine
Jan 17, 2016, 12:01 AM
13-star pots:

Quartz series (talis, wand, boots) - Increased PP regen on attack, plus damage bonus when above 30% PP
Earth?/realistic series (TMG, dagger, katana) - 6% damage increase, plus an additional 10% damage increase on criticals (RIP Austere)
Seiga series (sword, launcher) - HP regeneration over time, plus 11% damage increase

final_attack
Jan 17, 2016, 12:02 AM
Earth?/realistic series (TMG, dagger, katana) - 6% damage increase, plus an additional 10% damage increase on criticals (RIP Austere)

MY MOONEEEEEY ;A;

DrCatco
Jan 17, 2016, 12:09 AM
Mutation II??'?

Aine
Jan 17, 2016, 12:09 AM
Mutation II drops from the named Diabo (only in Valentine EQ)

Gives a bonus when making Stat IV from Stat III

You can also make Mut II from Mut I, but it's 50% with five Mut I fodders

nephie
Jan 17, 2016, 12:10 AM
13-star pots:

isn't the 6% increase only apply on weak spot?

Aine
Jan 17, 2016, 12:11 AM
Might be, I wasn't really listening closely

Flaoc
Jan 17, 2016, 12:12 AM
meh not getting any of those new 13*

Tunga
Jan 17, 2016, 12:13 AM

Seiga series (sword, launcher) - HP regeneration over time, plus 11% damage increase
Is the atk value high for these? If so the sega just handed out free salt to austere users.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 12:15 AM
One M jump looks to be kinda useful on maggy i guess. Still not gonna waste a SP on it. What else are you gonna waste 1 SP on? Heal share?

Goukezitsu
Jan 17, 2016, 12:16 AM
Valentines update:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0FCpZoEu0SI

Xaeris
Jan 17, 2016, 12:18 AM
So, that scene at the end of the trailer. Pretty sure that's Itsuki, which lends some serious credence to that theory going around regarding the anime.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 12:19 AM
So, that scene at the end of the trailer. Pretty sure that's Itsuki, which lends some serious credence to that theory going around regarding the anime.How could anyone even still doubt it?

Tunga
Jan 17, 2016, 12:21 AM
What else are you gonna waste 1 SP on? Heal share?

I have no spare sp :-(

nephie
Jan 17, 2016, 12:21 AM
Might be, I wasn't really listening closely

I'm not so sure about that also, as I was multitasking

Is the atk value high for these? If so the sega just handed out free salt to austere users.

they said the parameter is lower than austere, and the potential is also more limited than austere... but it might be good for certain build

Selphea
Jan 17, 2016, 12:24 AM
Did they mention something about some kind of Soul gattai involving Vol Soul and Vardha Soul and some other stuff I couldn't catch?

cheapgunner
Jan 17, 2016, 12:30 AM
So, that scene at the end of the trailer. Pretty sure that's Itsuki, which lends some serious credence to that theory going around regarding the anime.

Can't remember the theory. Care to enlighten me?:p

nephie
Jan 17, 2016, 12:32 AM
Did they mention something about some kind of Soul gattai involving Vol Soul and Vardha Soul and some other stuff I couldn't catch?

basically the new soul from tokyo can be fused with the current big bosses soul (but not the mid bosses)? something like the current darkness soul

Flaoc
Jan 17, 2016, 12:33 AM
oh great another useless astral soul type thing? unless they learned from their mistakes and didnt make the rates so awful

Aine
Jan 17, 2016, 12:35 AM
You combine them to make the R-ATK+35 PP+3 soul, more evidence that Amduscia Ult was scrapped.

Flaoc
Jan 17, 2016, 12:37 AM
You combine them to make the R-ATK+35 PP+3 soul, more evidence that Amduscia Ult was scrapped.

seems really annoying honestly.. could have just given train ghidoran the soul instead. dont need more of this astral style crap

Xaeris
Jan 17, 2016, 12:37 AM
Can't remember the theory. Care to enlighten me?:p

The theory goes that PSO2, the game as it appears in the anime, is used as some kind of scouting/training tool by Oracle to recruit new members from Earth. Itsuki's voiceover accompanies what looks like his avatar coming out of a pod, so it's possible that he gets transferred to the Oracle for real at the end of the anime and Episode 4 picks up from there.

Xaelouse
Jan 17, 2016, 12:55 AM
Why do people say Ult Amduscia is scrapped when it's the perfect way to introduce 14*

arkeido
Jan 17, 2016, 12:58 AM
The theory goes that PSO2, the game as it appears in the anime, is used as some kind of scouting/training tool by Oracle to recruit new members from Earth. Itsuki's voiceover accompanies what looks like his avatar coming out of a pod, so it's possible that he gets transferred to the Oracle for real at the end of the anime and Episode 4 picks up from there.

That's clearly our beloved MC from EP1: Ash (own character when it's released)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/5cKROWl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HT3yCI3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

And that voice is Xiao.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 17, 2016, 01:08 AM
Why do people say Ult Amduscia is scrapped when it's the perfect way to introduce 14*

People say that because it's been in the data for so long but has gone unused so far.

It actually has every enemy it needs programmed in so I'm pretty sure it's just a timing thing. We'll probably get hybrid Ultimate souls from Ultimate Amduscia or something. It's also unlikely to get 14*s simply by being too early to add them imo.

Xaeris
Jan 17, 2016, 01:10 AM
That's clearly our beloved MC from EP1: Ash (own character when it's released)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/5cKROWl.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/HT3yCI3.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

And that voice is Xiao.

Yeah, I think you're right. Rushed to judgment, I guess, since the Earthling stuff preceded the pod scene.

ThePageofHeart
Jan 17, 2016, 02:23 AM
I think if I heard correctly during the gameplay portion, it was confirmed Summoners can use Compound Techniques

Meteor Weapon
Jan 17, 2016, 02:40 AM
Took me a while that Train Ghidoran isn't the Free Exploration Boss.

ThePageofHeart
Jan 17, 2016, 02:42 AM
The Item Tekker lady got moved over to the station where that dude sells you the lv. 1 PA/Tech Discs to make room for the Candy Lab lady.

ThePageofHeart
Jan 17, 2016, 03:38 AM
AHAHAHAHHAHA WE DWELLED INTO MH TERRITORY FOLKS XD

Touka
Jan 17, 2016, 03:38 AM
Gathering and fishing,we Final Fantasy 14.

Poyonche
Jan 17, 2016, 03:39 AM
Those rings. :0

ContinuumXIX
Jan 17, 2016, 03:39 AM
That was unexpected o.o EP4 is full of surprises lol

TaigaUC
Jan 17, 2016, 03:40 AM
Franca's Cafe is now probably the thing I'm most excited about episode 4.

Goukezitsu
Jan 17, 2016, 03:40 AM
Mining and Fishing trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuVkNa5tuNE

ContinuumXIX
Jan 17, 2016, 03:41 AM

We finally get to see chef Franka actually be a chef now lol

Aine
Jan 17, 2016, 03:42 AM
more shit to level up

Touka
Jan 17, 2016, 03:43 AM
Guess it gives you something else to do while waiting for eqs doe.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 17, 2016, 03:44 AM
Plus, they seemed to have improved their direction in action cut-scenes from that one trailer.

KuroNeko77
Jan 17, 2016, 03:44 AM

Pretty much this. I've been joking for a while about her opening a restaurant with all the crap we gathered for her, and that's finally a thing:) .

ThePageofHeart
Jan 17, 2016, 03:45 AM
I'm proud of Franka for finally fulfilling her dream as a chef and obtaining her own cafe. ; w;7

Nyansan
Jan 17, 2016, 03:47 AM
I'm proud of Franka for finally fulfilling her dream as a chef and obtaining her own cafe. ; w;7

Then you remember all the weird crap you've gathered for her, and that she's now cooking that in her cafe
But jokes aside, hyped for Franca's cafe and the gathering feature

ThePageofHeart
Jan 17, 2016, 03:49 AM
Then you remember all the weird crap you've gathered for her, and that she's now cooking that in her cafe
But jokes aside, hyped for Franca's cafe and the gathering feature

At least I have the satisfaction of helping the poor girl with her dream. ; w;

wefwq
Jan 17, 2016, 03:50 AM
The entire franka cafe thing are quite unexpected, it's really nice to see your average NPC lobby got some "upgrades" and got it's role expanded.

Those fishing and ore mining looks quite comfy, though it depend on how it implemented.
I'll hate it forever if they baiting those stuff to make people hogging the new feature by placing must-have stuff as icing.

Meteor Weapon
Jan 17, 2016, 03:53 AM
Rip Mae

Touka
Jan 17, 2016, 03:55 AM
Seems like you could fish garbage out of the Tokyo water,inb4 rng rears it's ugly head again.

final_attack
Jan 17, 2016, 04:01 AM
Those Rings ...... from the SS on Twitter (https://twitter.com/kurenai_ship4/status/688643374610448384), I think I saw "Front S Roll".

From the SS :

- L/JG SonicArrow
- L/JG HFall (HeavenlyFall?)
- L/JG RFlag (RisingFlag or what's the Partizan PA name?)
- L/DS Kamaitachi
- L/TD AirChase
- L/KnuckleChase
- L/FrontSRoll
- L/Ka GearGRelease (Katana?)
- L/DB Snatch

Shinamori
Jan 17, 2016, 04:07 AM
So, I guess they boost PAs and Skills?

Dark Emerald EXE
Jan 17, 2016, 04:09 AM
Too bad character creator isnt coming out prior to ep4. Oh well :o

final_attack
Jan 17, 2016, 04:09 AM
Seems likely.

I saw a post on Twitter (https://twitter.com/kanipan1217/status/688646542610149376) that the R one got KillingBonus on it.

wefwq
Jan 17, 2016, 04:17 AM
I'm already feeling all those item that will hog storage even more...
- eggs
- sweets
- ores
- fish
- possibly some kind of items that needed to perform gather actions (pickaxe? backpack?)
- rings

Flaoc
Jan 17, 2016, 04:18 AM
its ok we got a lot more storage now

vaerix
Jan 17, 2016, 04:19 AM
I'm a little worried, but hey, more equipment.

jooozek
Jan 17, 2016, 05:02 AM
Mining and Fishing trailer:
PSO2????38 Trailer #6 Fishing, Mining, and More! - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cuVkNa5tuNE)

l o l

landman
Jan 17, 2016, 05:12 AM
So, did I see THE Spread Neddle (+ a lot more PSO weapons) in one of the trailers? was it camo or weapon?

jooozek
Jan 17, 2016, 05:14 AM
So, did I see THE Spread Neddle (+ a lot more PSO weapons) in one of the trailers? was it camo or weapon?

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/PS-Festa-2016-Online.jpg

Incarnation of Darkness (Limited Quest) (~2/24)

An All Star Quest taking place in Floating Facility.
Get Camos of Legendary Weapons with [Weapons Badge 2016]
Rico and Flowen crossing over Space and Time.
Earn quest points to increase the chances of bosses and Rare E-trials.

from bumped, needle on bottom right corner so i guess camo

Angry_Ryudo
Jan 17, 2016, 05:18 AM
Welcome back, NPC!! It's been years now!
http://i.imgur.com/JC0rdsP.jpg

Xaeris
Jan 17, 2016, 05:19 AM
Diabo and Facillity Rodos at the same time? I did not ask for this.

On a more serious note, I'm happy that Sega is trying something different. I find it the addition of traditional gathering and crafting to this action RPG somewhat intimidating, and I'm not entirely convinced that I'm going to love it. But, if Sakai really wants this game to last ten years, this is the sort of mixing things up that I'd want to see, for better or for worse. Hopefully for better. But man, I had that extra storage space earmarked for clothes...

NoiseHERO
Jan 17, 2016, 05:28 AM
- L/TD AirChase

Wait excuse me?

If this means kingdom hearts homing melee air combos then daggers might actually be fun.

Poyonche
Jan 17, 2016, 05:31 AM
from bumped, needle on bottom right corner so i guess camo

This picture is WRONG ! Hucaseal can't use Spread Needle ! :v

Those camos cost 350 Gold Badge 2016 holy shit.

landman
Jan 17, 2016, 05:45 AM
Have they announced the AC prices for that character storage expand from 300 to 1000?

Rehal
Jan 17, 2016, 06:12 AM
Have they announced the AC prices for that character storage expand from 300 to 1000?

No but Ichitaro ninja'd that for us:

http://puu.sh/myTPC/8ffa539619.jpg

800 AC for a +50 ticket.
So you need 11k+ AC to expand from 300 to 1000?

Ryziou
Jan 17, 2016, 06:34 AM
No but Ichitaro ninja'd that for us:

http://puu.sh/myTPC/8ffa539619.jpg

800 AC for a +50 ticket.
So you need 11k+ AC to expand from 300 to 1000?

lmao that's absurd.

Shadowth117
Jan 17, 2016, 06:57 AM
lmao that's absurd.

Its a fair bit, but its the trade off of buying permanemt storage slots over renting premium storages out.

On a side note, Ichitaro is a bro.

landman
Jan 17, 2016, 07:19 AM
It's still cheaper than personal storage where +50 = 1600AC, and I will provably expand that to 150 before starting to expand the 300-1000 one.

Rakurai
Jan 17, 2016, 08:03 AM
I'm glad we're finally getting a non-EQ quest that spawns multiple large bosses not named Banther or Leopard simultaneously. I never understood the restriction in the first place.

Wait excuse me?

If this means kingdom hearts homing melee air combos then daggers might actually be fun.

Judging from the past usage of the word "chase" in skill names, I assume it probably just increases damage while airborne.

kurokyosuke
Jan 17, 2016, 08:03 AM
It's likely going to be cheaper with a pack, anyway.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 08:12 AM
This is just a small thing, but why do batons not have their own casting animation for techs? 3:

Vatallus
Jan 17, 2016, 09:14 AM
So how many afkers did everyone come across during the boosted Demise?

kazuuya
Jan 17, 2016, 09:44 AM

I feel exactly the same! The peaceful and nice music was great as well. Totally looking forward to her café as a chilling place for my friends and me when we don't feel like doing anything big after dailies or waiting for EQ's to come by.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 17, 2016, 09:45 AM
I'm glad we're finally getting a non-EQ quest that spawns multiple large bosses not named Banther or Leopard simultaneously. I never understood the restriction in the first place.

Judging from the past usage of the word "chase" in skill names, I assume it probably just increases damage while airborne.

I believe it's because bosses when brought together can fight each other if they have no hate against players. It used to be a segment on the live broadcasts, but they haven't used it in a long time so that's probably why they removed it.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 09:57 AM
I'm glad we're finally getting a non-EQ quest that spawns multiple large bosses not named Banther or Leopard simultaneously. I never understood the restriction in the first place.It used to be possible but they changed it for some reason after the alphas. Maybe people thought it was too hard (remember, this was back when vol dragon and ragne were actually scary)? It's certainly not a mechanical issue though.

I believe it's because bosses when brought together can fight each other if they have no hate against players. It used to be a segment on the live broadcasts, but they haven't used it in a long time so that's probably why they removed it.Enemies only fight eachother if they're not on the same "side". I don't remember what bosses they had fight in those, but I can't imagine it would be too hard to tweak just for the livestream builds or something though.

sesiom000
Jan 17, 2016, 10:14 AM
All looks good until you realize that Type 6 graphics will only come in April 20...
April 20...What the fuck?
And whats with releasing character creator demo after one month of EP4 WHAT??

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 10:15 AM
All looks good until you realize that Type 6 graphics will only come in April 20...
And whats with releasing character creator demo after one month of EP4 WHAT??That's honestly earlier than I thought... so...

Selphea
Jan 17, 2016, 10:33 AM
It takes a lot of time to wrap all those textures in Cling Wrap™ you know!

Sacrificial
Jan 17, 2016, 11:15 AM
So...I can relive the old runescape powermining in pso? GREAT!

Neith
Jan 17, 2016, 12:01 PM
Didn't think the PS4 version would be too long after Ep4 launch so April is surprising / disappointing.

Gathering looks interesting, hopefully it's actually worth doing and not something that'll die off a week after release (lolcasino).

Summoner still doesn't interest me in the slightest so I'll probably use the new character slot for an existing class.

cheapgunner
Jan 17, 2016, 12:28 PM
Gonna use the new char for summoner. Depends on how the class is that I level it up for other characters. The fishing and mining looks neat. Def. gonna try it out.

Dycize
Jan 17, 2016, 12:46 PM
The food gathering is used to buy the food at the Franka Cafe (we can see that 10 Tomatoes = 1 Salad).
The mined ores are used to buy the rings (like, 10 nabelight + 1 nabejist = L/JG Sonic Arrow ring).
I think it's interesting that rings are locked onto L(eft/R(ight) slots.
Considering that the rings not only can be grinded (since the character seen equips rings in their +1 version) but they also have an exp bar like pets, mining ores is very likely going to not be entirely forgotten for a bit.
Yeah, the Franka Cafe update really came outta nowhere, but it looks pretty good!

sesiom000
Jan 17, 2016, 12:54 PM
Information about a new feature (element) which will be introduce in "Reborn: EP4

So did they say what is this element feature?
Is it the gathering or perhaps the rings?

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 12:56 PM
So did they say what is this element feature?
Is it the gathering or perhaps the rings?That's the only thing that hadn't been talked about at all before so I assume so.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 17, 2016, 01:14 PM
Enemies only fight eachother if they're not on the same "side". I don't remember what bosses they had fight in those, but I can't imagine it would be too hard to tweak just for the livestream builds or something though.

Darkers (+ Kuronians) vs. everything else. The livestreams were always darker(s) vs planet native(s).

The multiple large boss restriction has more to do with how E-codes work than anything else. It's like how you can't ever have two airship defense codes. Codes of the same "type" can't occur at the same time.

sesiom000
Jan 17, 2016, 01:15 PM
That's the only thing that hadn't been talked about at all before so I assume so.

If thats the case that´s some big name for something so simple as gathering and fishing shrimps LOL.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 01:44 PM
The multiple large boss restriction has more to do with how E-codes work than anything else. It's like how you can't ever have two airship defense codes. Codes of the same "type" can't occur at the same time.Only because they don't let them anymore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrGYqvvNIU

If thats the case that´s some big name for something so simple as gathering and fishing shrimps LOL.I dunno, those rings seem like they'll be pretty interesting. Can't wait for people to start being anal about those like they are with affixes.

Dycize
Jan 17, 2016, 02:27 PM
Yeah, rings sound pretty cool.
I mean, a ring with Killing Bonus? Even at level 1, that's nice and handy for mobbing. And the fact there's a level at all means it's likely to get stronger.
I do wonder how they'll work as far as leveling them is concerned. Will we feed them other rings? That's gonna be some gathering grind if that's right!
Left side rings sound more situational, but have stats on them. Stuff like those JG PA rings and TD air chase (probably aerial advance for TDs). The only right side ring we can see is the Killing Bonus one, and it only has the skill on it.

Also if that hasn't been mentionned, gathering involves a 100/100 stamina gauge, with 3 actions possible. All actions eat 10 stamina points. 1st action is the standard gathering and can be used as much as we can. The other 2 require special pickaxes/fishing rods for each action, not sure what those do.
Also the one where they gather a tomato with their pickaxe shows a "3 hits left" counter before the character starts gathering.
Sounds like a pretty simple system, so, yeah.

Tenlade
Jan 17, 2016, 03:13 PM
Also the one where they gather a tomato with their pickaxe

Man, farming in the ARKS is hardcore.

Flaoc
Jan 17, 2016, 03:46 PM
Darkers (+ Kuronians) vs. everything else. The livestreams were always darker(s) vs planet native(s).

The multiple large boss restriction has more to do with how E-codes work than anything else. It's like how you can't ever have two airship defense codes. Codes of the same "type" can't occur at the same time.

that didnt stop hildas mining fetish due to he rmining fetish having 2 codes at the same time once in aq before the changes that removed it from aq

Anduril
Jan 17, 2016, 03:48 PM
I'm just so happy. Henri lives. HE LIVES!

KLMS1
Jan 17, 2016, 03:49 PM
who the fuck is Henri seriously

yoshiblue
Jan 17, 2016, 03:53 PM
He was one of the wondering NPCs removed in a lobby update.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 03:57 PM
who the fuck is Henri seriouslyA random npc that used to walk around the second floor of the shop area of the lobby, often bugging out and ending up on the first floor. He vanished after the lobby was revamped. He's in the cafe trailer, and you could hear people cheering when he was shown, even though he's technically not important.

If you've played GW2 or poked around the fandom a while I guess he's kinda like the "By Ogden's Hammer! What savings!" guy that used to be in lion's arch. Just a random npc people grew a bit attached to.

yoshiblue
Jan 17, 2016, 04:03 PM
"You need to spend money to make money!"

Lostbob117
Jan 17, 2016, 04:20 PM
Remember when people quit due to EP4? :^)

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 17, 2016, 05:48 PM
A random npc that used to walk around the second floor of the shop area of the lobby, often bugging out and ending up on the first floor. He vanished after the lobby was revamped. He's in the cafe trailer, and you could hear people cheering when he was shown, even though he's technically not important.

If you've played GW2 or poked around the fandom a while I guess he's kinda like the "By Ogden's Hammer! What savings!" guy that used to be in lion's arch. Just a random npc people grew a bit attached to.

I hated him for a bit because there was a time where the story patch would trap you in a convo with the unimportant NPCs if you talked to them, and you'd have to restart your client to get out of it. Henry was one of them, and just happened to hang around outside of the elevators of the shopping area, so more often than not, I had to restart my game if I held down the E key for a split second too long.

Someone is eating their hat about now I'm sure.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 05:54 PM

Someone is eating their hat about now I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure anyone who quit over anime and some candy getting in the game wouldn't like a cafe either.

cheapgunner
Jan 17, 2016, 06:31 PM
So you can have 2 rings right (left and a right one?)?

With this fishing and mining stuff added in, we've got another way to boost our chars and then there's Summoner's lv 75 cap boost for your account also to be included if anyone dares to reach that.

lostinseganet
Jan 17, 2016, 06:32 PM
Something I did not notice until now but all summoners do not have mags. Is that a mag on their butts?

Rakurai
Jan 17, 2016, 06:40 PM
The gathering system creating an incentive to explore maps outside of triggering more ETs is welcome.

Making materials exclusive to some of the special maps like the Darker's Den or Mothership would also get people to play their respective EQs more.

For that matter, I'm kind of disappointed we never got go to Double's universe for any EQ/LQs (I suppose an easy way of knowing whether or not they ever intended for that to happen is checking if there's a PSE burst variation of the BGM there).

KLMS1
Jan 17, 2016, 06:43 PM
For that matter, I'm kind of disappointed we never got go to Double's universe for any EQ/LQs (I suppose an easy way of knowing whether or not they ever intended for that to happen is checking if there's a PSE burst variation of the BGM there).

Well, you know. Place's not exactly readily accessible and [Double] don't seem the cooperative sort. :/

Anduril
Jan 17, 2016, 06:44 PM
Something I did not notice until now but all summoners do not have mags. Is that a mag on their butts?
The thing on the butt is part of the Baton. I was going to chalk it up to them just not normally showing mags in trailers, but you're right, even in the LQ and EQ trailer, the SU doesn't have a mag even though everyone else does.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 06:51 PM
Maybe they added an option to hide mags like you can hide units.
http://i.imgur.com/uc03HNk.gif

Ezodagrom
Jan 17, 2016, 07:47 PM
The thing on the butt is part of the Baton. I was going to chalk it up to them just not normally showing mags in trailers, but you're right, even in the LQ and EQ trailer, the SU doesn't have a mag even though everyone else does.
Also no mag in the live gameplay part of the stream, no PB in the sub-palette either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlCSIUuGjVY

Cyber Meteor
Jan 17, 2016, 07:54 PM
(I suppose an easy way of knowing whether or not they ever intended for that to happen is checking if there's a PSE burst variation of the BGM there).

Yes there is a pse burst version of that music, someone published all the variant of the battle BGM months ago (it was shortly before the Story quest was released) on a YT video but not all the instruments were playing (mostly without the violin and percussions), then it went as a private video (2 days after i think) and became no longer accessible :-?

bhaal
Jan 17, 2016, 07:58 PM

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/q3R6G8f.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Ezodagrom
Jan 17, 2016, 08:00 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/q3R6G8f.jpg[/spoiler-box]
Decol and De Malmoth are mini bosses though.

bhaal
Jan 17, 2016, 08:08 PM

Yeah, I know, but is the closer we can be of a good bosses battle outside of scripted events.

jooozek
Jan 17, 2016, 08:42 PM
that luna xp theme for ui :wacko:

TaigaUC
Jan 18, 2016, 01:04 AM
I hope they don't add materials to time-important EQs.
It'd be pretty annoying seeing everyone stop attacking PD to mine or fish or something.
Not to mention ridiculous.

The other thing is, I hope they're not so stupid as to make it so material sources are first come first served.

Tenlade
Jan 18, 2016, 01:28 AM
I can imagine it now.

The last material you need for your ring is in the darker den. there's no gather points in the story mission.

landman
Jan 18, 2016, 02:47 AM
Sega uploaded this in wonderful 720p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRyvsg8SmLs

AmanoMai
Jan 18, 2016, 02:58 AM
are people actually liking the whole "multiple large boss" thing?

I only see it as making the fights even more of a cluster fuck than it's already is

apparently Sega's idea of "new" is to add more 3D models and effects on top of each other
"oh you're getting bored of current contents? let's us add more enemies at the same time for you to fight"
continue on this trend we'll see "12 diabo on a tiny corridor" contents sometimes next year

I feels like it's gonna be terrible, gameplay wise, is it just me?

lostinseganet
Jan 18, 2016, 03:35 AM
are people actually liking the whole "multiple large boss" thing?

I only see it as making the fights even more of a cluster fuck than it's already is

apparently Sega's idea of "new" is to add more 3D models and effects on top of each other
"oh you're getting bored of current contents? let's us add more enemies at the same time for you to fight"
continue on this trend we'll see "12 diabo on a tiny corridor" contents sometimes next year

I feels like it's gonna be terrible, gameplay wise, is it just me?Yes Moar boss fights. I want to command my own boss too as a pet!

TaigaUC
Jan 18, 2016, 04:11 AM
I didn't like the Harukotan huge enemies. They just seem like a pain to deal with.
Not just gameplay wise but camera wise. Maybe it's just me.

wefwq
Jan 18, 2016, 04:20 AM
With addition of gathering spot, i hope that it only restricted to some "new" quest, where those spot available, but don't have enemy or trial code spawn, or just limit them into free exploration quest.
Kinda stupid thinking about running some urban EQs and then everyone proceed to the nearby body of water to fish some boots and garbage cans.

that luna xp theme for ui :wacko:
Still look better than current UI color palette for some reason.

I didn't like the Harukotan huge enemies. They just seem like a pain to deal with.
Not just gameplay wise but camera wise. Maybe it's just me.
Yeah, having bunch of them around really are pain in the arse, especially when coupled with ganna-gam brothers, since they're huge AND floating.

Totori
Jan 18, 2016, 04:47 AM
They should just add more color schemes for our UI. That blue is nice, but a green would rock.

Rayden
Jan 18, 2016, 05:29 AM
Something I did not notice until now but all summoners do not have mags.

I don't think that means much. They just didn't have mags equipped, is all. They aren't going to make mags unavailable for a single class, and there wouldn't be any point to Summoner's Photon Blast Advance skill if they did.

Poyonche
Jan 18, 2016, 05:55 AM
I Just noticed that Jet boots PA icons are yellow in the trailers.

Ezodagrom
Jan 18, 2016, 05:56 AM
I don't think that means much. They just didn't have mags equipped, is all. They aren't going to make mags unavailable for a single class, and there wouldn't be any point to Summoner's Photon Blast Advance skill if they did.
From another topic:

Mag will disappear if you have pet out, you can probably still use PB as Su skill tree has PB Advance. Some people in the stream had their PB filled too.

Rayden
Jan 18, 2016, 07:28 AM
I Just noticed that Jet boots PA icons are yellow in the trailers.

Where are you seeing that? And what would it mean? Yellow like crafted PAs?

Kondibon
Jan 18, 2016, 07:44 AM
Where are you seeing that? And what would it mean? Yellow like crafted PAs?
They're just yellow, I don't think it means anything other than possibly clarifying that they're based off T-atk. Pet PAs are the same color.

You can see them in the skill section of the big trailer. https://youtu.be/qRyvsg8SmLs?t=2m4s

NoiseHERO
Jan 18, 2016, 08:20 AM
"You need to spend money to make money!"

oh my god...

doomdragon83
Jan 18, 2016, 08:28 AM
They should just add more color schemes for our UI. That blue is nice, but a green would rock.
Agreed! Though it would be nice if we could customize it freely inb4 UI Color Change Pass...

Kondibon
Jan 18, 2016, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't mind a pink UI. I wonder if someone could mod it...

cheapgunner
Jan 18, 2016, 09:27 AM
Need an update to the number of COs we can hold. A CO or two that boosts the number from 20->30 or so. Would be wonderful...

wefwq
Jan 18, 2016, 09:32 AM
Need an update to the number of COs we can hold. A CO or two that boosts the number from 20->30 or so. Would be wonderful...
Yeah, it's called premium subscription.
Could be really nice if they upped the default cap to 30, while making premium member can hold up to 50 COs at the same time.

ZER0 DX
Jan 18, 2016, 10:27 AM

You can already expand it to 40 with premium, and then to 60 with a CO expansion on top of it.

And yet, I wouldn't mind something to increase it to 80 or 100 even. Stockpiling daily CO's to turn in on Summoner is a bit taxing on those 60 slots.

cheapgunner
Jan 18, 2016, 10:37 AM
Yeah, it's called premium subscription.
Could be really nice if they upped the default cap to 30, while making premium member can hold up to 50 COs at the same time.

You can already expand it to 40 with premium, and then to 60 with a CO expansion on top of it.

And yet, I wouldn't mind something to increase it to 80 or 100 even. Stockpiling daily CO's to turn in on Summoner is a bit taxing on those 60 slots.

Meant basic upped by 10. premium upping by 20 still stands but didnt know u could add another 20 by AC (kinda BS to me but meh).:p

ZER0 DX
Jan 18, 2016, 12:56 PM
Meant basic upped by 10. premium upping by 20 still stands but didnt know u could add another 20 by AC (kinda BS to me but meh).:p

I think it's 300 AC for 30 day expansion (which the game tries to make you buy if you attempt to accept a CO while you're maxed out) and 800 for 90 day. So it's not too bad, less than 8 bucks for 3 months of being able to hold 60 CO's is pretty nice for getting stuff done on alts since it's account-wide.

On a side note, anyone know where I can import those Black Nyack cards they were advertising on the festa website?
http://pso2.jp/players/event/pso15anniversary/festa2016/goods/

Yahoo auctions has nearly nothing from it listed yet.

Achelousaurus
Jan 18, 2016, 05:14 PM
And whats with releasing character creator demo after one month of EP4 WHAT??
sigh
Sega
the instant I get hyped
you let me down
again

Gotta stretch the content as far as possible >_>

Only because they don't let them anymore.
I remember stuff like Haze + Shrayda / Banthers + 3 Rockbears in In The Driving Rain 2 (or whatever number was in 2014).
Was fun.

Also no mag in the live gameplay part of the stream, no PB in the sub-palette either.

PSO2????38 Summoner Gameplay #1 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlCSIUuGjVY)
Sega don't usually use mags in the demo or? Either way I don't think it means much.

TaigaUC
Jan 18, 2016, 11:12 PM
The new graphics clearly aren't ready yet.
They're supposed to be a PS4 version feature. That's clearly not ready yet either.

It better be worth the wait.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 19, 2016, 12:08 AM
An LQ where we farm badges for Camo's, little disappointed by this I mean I like nostalgia as much as the next guy but come on. Can only hope the LQ has worth while 13* drops in the mean time.

They're supposed to be a PS4 version feature. That's clearly not ready yet either.

Slightly less bloom :wacko:

Perfect Chaos
Jan 19, 2016, 03:07 AM

The multiple large boss restriction has more to do with how E-codes work than anything else. It's like how you can't ever have two airship defense codes. Codes of the same "type" can't occur at the same time.[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/q3R6G8f.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Catching up on this thread, and this subject reminded me of this that happened over a year ago:
[spoiler-box]http://ft.trillian.im/057479079fc5ae2a423d9b98cf1308d6fa46016b/6EEeQfUs6UJUAxAvHFBpbSqocWcdn.jpg[/spoiler-box]

wefwq
Jan 19, 2016, 04:21 AM

It's probably already finalised at this point but they're just goes with ancient principle to lock certain features until later.
For the time being, "updated" graphic are exclusive to PS4 version beta test.

I hope that they get rid of the "bad client" again before landing slider level 6 on PC.

Kondibon
Jan 19, 2016, 09:15 AM
Catching up on this thread, and this subject reminded me of this that happened over a year ago:
[spoiler-box]http://ft.trillian.im/057479079fc5ae2a423d9b98cf1308d6fa46016b/6EEeQfUs6UJUAxAvHFBpbSqocWcdn.jpg[/spoiler-box]Rheo and Nepto technically count as minibosses, even when you fight them together. That's still funny though. (and also looks like a pain in the ass to fight)

Achelousaurus
Jan 20, 2016, 02:44 AM
An LQ where we farm badges for Camo's, little disappointed by this I mean I like nostalgia as much as the next guy but come on. Can only hope the LQ has worth while 13* drops in the mean time.

Slightly less bloom :wacko:
You want more Xie?
Cause honestly I doubt Sega will release anything amazing for a while, especially not from an easy as hell XQ (farming speed is 5 times or more than most other stuff).
PSO1 already had some awesome weapon designs so this is quite nice.

TaigaUC
Jan 20, 2016, 03:56 AM
Do they even gain anything by delaying the PS4 release?

wefwq
Jan 20, 2016, 04:40 AM
Buying some time to polish few stuff, mainly for minor bug fix or server test perhaps?

KLMS1
Jan 20, 2016, 07:07 AM
Buying some time to polish few stuff, mainly for minor bug fix or server test perhaps?

Testing before release? y u so casuil Sega

Ezodagrom
Jan 20, 2016, 07:54 AM
What delay?
The PS4 version was first announced for 2016 while having a closed beta test sometime prior, last month it got confirmed for spring 2016 while having the beta test in february, and in the latest broadcast they announced the dates for both beta and release, february 25th for the start of the beta and april 20th for the launch.

TaigaUC
Jan 20, 2016, 08:37 AM
Because wefwq said the visuals are probably finalized.
If that's the case, they could release the PS4 pretty soon, assuming there aren't other issues at hand.
Even if the visuals are done, I'd expect them to delay the PC fancy graphics just so people have a little more incentive to grab the PS4 version.

Anyway, whatever. I was already annoyed that episode 4 didn't come with the fancy graphics.

Ezodagrom
Jan 20, 2016, 09:18 AM
Because wefwq said it's probably finalized.
If that's the case, they could release it pretty soon.

Anyway, whatever. I was already annoyed that episode 4 didn't come with the fancy graphics.
I really don't think they're finalized yet, saw this posted on neogaf today.

Interviews with PSO2 staff have been posted on various Japanese gaming sites and while they contain mostly already known information, an interesting tidbit has been included - the PS4/PC setting 6 graphics from TGS have been in early stages and have been improved since then.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192718307&postcount=3818

KLMS1
Jan 20, 2016, 09:22 AM

...do I remember wrong or wasn't the CBT only *announced* recently?

wefwq
Jan 20, 2016, 09:30 AM

They already have everything planned down the road though, since SEGA never announce exact release date of PS4 version prior the last broadcast, also ain't april still count as spring? they're still on the schedulle and looks like there's no delay.
Pretty much just like how Vita version rolling in back then.

I think 2~3 months away from initial EP4 release are not that bad, consindering that they still need some time window for breather to get few things ready for PS4 version.

Qualia
Jan 20, 2016, 11:34 AM
Yo hold up. Back on the topic of these skill rings, imagine weak bullet rings with an allclass rifle. :^)

Or is that not how the rings work

lunamaniac
Jan 20, 2016, 11:41 AM
Yo hold up. Back on the topic of these skill rings, imagine weak bullet rings with an allclass rifle. :^)

It's possible, but I don't think there will be rings for every skill.

I'm pretty excited about them though.

Zyrusticae
Jan 20, 2016, 02:17 PM
It's probably already finalised at this point but they're just goes with ancient principle to lock certain features until later.
For the time being, "updated" graphic are exclusive to PS4 version beta test.

I hope that they get rid of the "bad client" again before landing slider level 6 on PC.
That makes absolutely no sense. They'd gain nothing by gating it down the road. It's not like other types of content where releasing it early means players get access to stuff they wouldn't have otherwise.

The more likely explanation is that they underestimated the number of assets that need to be retooled to work with the new shaders (+ adding normal maps for EVERY ENVIRONMENT IN THE GAME is not a trivial task).

At any rate, it's still disappointing that we have to wait another three months before we can get our hands on it. It certainly goes a long way to explaining why they haven't revealed any further footage of the improved graphics.

Anduril
Jan 20, 2016, 02:22 PM

My guess is that it is just going to be passive skills and boosts, so like no Limit Break or Grenade rings.

yoshiblue
Jan 20, 2016, 02:29 PM
It's possible, but I don't think there will be rings for every skill.

I'm pretty excited about them though.

My guess is that it is just going to be passive skills and boosts, so like no Limit Break or Grenade rings.

Would be funny if one of the rings has Gunslash Bullet Keep.

Anduril
Jan 20, 2016, 02:38 PM
Would be funny if one of the rings has Gunslash Bullet Keep.
A general Bullet Keep wold be amazing. I've always hated having to waste stored up Weak Bullets when going into a chain or starting a Banish Arrow combo.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 22, 2016, 12:40 AM
Wait did I read right, the actual update to the character creator won't be out until PS4 release?

Weiss9029
Jan 22, 2016, 02:36 AM
Wait did I read right, the actual update to the character creator won't be out until PS4 release?
Like the head slider and hip/waist slider + scenery options + LA crap?
That totally has to be coming in episode 4, Right? RIGHT?

Anduril
Jan 22, 2016, 02:44 AM
Character creator stuff will come with Ep.4. Tier 6 graphics settings is what isn't coming out until the PS4 release.