PDA

View Full Version : Bad client is back?

HentaiLolicon
Jan 7, 2016, 10:56 PM
I need confirmation. I've noticed the minor stutter similiar to bad client after TD4 patch and it's getting worse after last maintenance.

pkemr4
Jan 7, 2016, 10:57 PM
it might be, because im getting really bad frame rate studdering at times in virtual full screen

Nyansan
Jan 7, 2016, 11:00 PM
Guess sega finally fixed the bug that was causing people to load faster in lobbies /s

wefwq
Jan 7, 2016, 11:42 PM
Glad i'm not the one who noticed this.
Stuttering are indeed back, though it's not as bad as it's used to be before the 100% god client takes over.

The game performance gradually decrease as new patch added to the game.

red1228
Jan 8, 2016, 12:01 AM
Doesn't feel anywhere near as bad as it did before the fix... but I have indeed noticed a small "degradation of client rolls" as of late.

Flaoc
Jan 8, 2016, 12:17 AM
i havent noticed any differences in clients but they all consistently have had an issue with microstutters in lobby but everywhere else felt fine for the most part just be glad weapon swaps dont harm anymore

seilent
Jan 8, 2016, 01:02 AM
playing with FQS (AMD) Pre rendered frames (NVidia)

FQS 1
http://i.imgur.com/gtWxaBI.png

FQS 2
http://i.imgur.com/Iu5Ko0o.png

FQS3
http://i.imgur.com/kx9PZ0I.png

notice the increase in FPS and CPU usage (i'm using toaster PC so yah)
higher FQS usually can cause slight input lag though

Hysteria1987
Jan 8, 2016, 01:42 AM
I've had it really bad in the last few Xmas EQs I've done (early in the week). Haven't really noticed it in anywhere else, but there's not too many other things I've done lately where I have to change weapons so frequently.

That's where I've had it worst- it can take a few seconds. Not that it's hugely important because on 12/12 XHEQs like this the enemies are just going to melt anyways :P

Naoya Kiriyama
Jan 8, 2016, 06:52 AM
I've noticed full lobby blocks makes me some stuttering, but nothing that hinders my game experience ingame.

But I expect that with EP4, game performance will get rekt again :c

Ryziou
Jan 8, 2016, 08:04 AM
I noticed this yesterday for literally, one loading screen. It started lagging and being choppy like I had the worst client ever but after that, I didn't see it again. I have like 1-2 second load times everywhere again so I'm thinking that was just a fluke.

Flaoc
Jan 8, 2016, 08:26 AM
game performance does go down if you leave it on too long so the lone stutter could have been that?

Ordy
Jan 8, 2016, 08:42 AM
Sorry bro, can't restart pso2, must camp B25 all day so Japanese can carry me in XHTD4.

Ryziou
Jan 8, 2016, 09:37 AM
Sorry bro, can't restart pso2, must camp B25 all day so Japanese can carry me in XHTD4.

This is why I avoid b25 except for UQ :^ )

HentaiLolicon
Jan 8, 2016, 09:42 AM
This is why I avoid b25 except for UQ :^ )
B25 is good, dude ( if you are lucky enough to not be grouped with leechers). Finished 4 XH maga in 18mins today

Ryziou
Jan 8, 2016, 09:49 AM
B25 is good, dude ( if you are lucky enough to not be grouped with leechers). Finished 4 XH maga in 18mins today

Can't really compare Maggy. Try TD4.

Flaoc
Jan 8, 2016, 09:50 AM
and this is why i like being in a good team.. no block camping bs

HentaiLolicon
Jan 8, 2016, 09:54 AM
I don't do TD4, so yea, i'm good

LordKaiser
Jan 8, 2016, 09:31 PM
So WinXP is holding this game back yet again?

pkemr4
Jan 9, 2016, 02:44 AM
looks like its back. rip

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 9, 2016, 03:57 AM
Really? I haven't noticed much difference. When the "bad client" fix came I noticed a big improvement in load times and lobby stutter and of course weapon switch stutter.

That said my game still wasn't butter smooth as I would like it to be. Like MGS5/Skyrim/TEW etc etc XD

Some gifted me Resident Evil HD Remastered and runs like butter ^_^

I don't get why this game has so many fps/stutter problems. Is SEGA really that garbage at coding?

Anyway's back on topic lol. I still seem to load fast and I don't really have crazy stutters anymore during gameplay.

I still however have lobby stuttering (not like before) but it's still there. It's worse when I choose borderless full screen mode or anything that's not the 60fps cap option in the launcher.

So basically if I want decent performance I am stuck with full screen mode and 60fps option.

Now once in an actual quest let's take TD4 for example. Overall it runs 85% butter smooth. I only get slight hitches/stutter when the NPC face comes up telling us about the quest progress.

The same thing happens during normal quests too. I get a slight hitch/stutter whenever those quest npc's show their faces talk. What i'm talking about is the NPC's that talk to you when an emergency code comes up. For example saving the lilipian's from the busted mech. That will cause a lil hitch/stutter.

My rig can handle crysis 3 maxed out at 1080p 60fps with no stuttering or any bullshit. But still can't handle pso2!!

This game is too beast!

I've heard from friends that JP developers don't know how to code for PC, but nah I don't buy into that. half of my games on steam are from JP developers (capcom mostly) and all of thsoe games run perfectly smooth with zero fps drops and no stuttering.

wefwq
Jan 9, 2016, 04:02 AM
I've heard from friends that JP developers don't know how to code for PC, but nah I don't buy into that. half of my games on steam are from JP developers (capcom mostly) and all of thsoe games run perfectly smooth with zero fps drops and no stuttering.
If anything, you don't play PC game developed/ported by JP that much.
You should try to run AKIBA'S TRIP UU or Toukiden Kiwami, it was awful.

Only big name company that aim their game for international release care much about game performance.

TaigaUC
Jan 9, 2016, 08:06 AM
If I recall correctly, Capcom mostly publishes games. A lot of their dev teams aren't Japanese anymore.

The impression I get is most JP people have very old PCs, and the PC gaming market isn't big there.
That's probably why they don't know how to code for PCs.
It's also only recently that there's been a huge increase in PC ports of Japanese games.
I have a few JP friends who've done or are doing game dev work, and the last I heard, the market heavily shifted to mobile/cell games.
Like everywhere else, I guess.

Shunx
Jan 9, 2016, 12:15 PM
The only time I get heavy frame rate drop is when switching locations between The Shop lobby and the gate Lobby, other than that, everything is fine.

Padoca85
Jan 9, 2016, 02:02 PM
I noticed that too, I think its more noticeble on old PCs, like mine.
The game was runing butter smoth for a few weeks after the fix, not lag or sttuter even on magatsu.
Then a couple weeks back, I think a week after the xmas EQ was out, it went bad. The first week of xmas EQ, it was running great, now it stuttters a lot.