PDA

View Full Version : Questions about moving to Ship2

Ryo_Hayasa
Jan 8, 2016, 02:14 PM
Good afternoon,
So i dusted off my PSOW account after who knows how many years to ask some questions about switching ships in PSO2.
I've been sorta been off and on playing PSO2, i think i've figured it now that i just don't enjoy the game because english patching doesn't help me when it comes to the community. I'm currently on Ship 9 (when i first began playing way back during it's beta launch i picked an arbitrary ship. i regret it now)
I hear from reddit and here that the Official/unofficial/*Shhhh don't tell anyone we're here* English speaking ship is Ship 2 block 20(22?)

I'm willing to pay money to change over ships but before i do so i wanna know what i'm getting into.

Is the english speaking community on ship 2 large? Will i find myself unable to join block 20(22...? actually yeah serious which is it now?) because it's full?
I read a post here recently that the prices for changing ships is going to raise from 350AC to 700AC (per character)

Is the economy.... reasonable? Because the english patch for the game only does so much; when i returned to PSO2 early this month i looked up all the promotions and events that i missed. I saw SO much awesome cross promotion events and items that were released as i believe AC scratch prizes. I looked up those items in the shops..... Their prices are 9-11 Million. It reminds me of PSU.
Is the economy on Ship 2 any better?

If i do switch and just sorta hang out on the english block, should i still use caution and not "speak" in the lobby? Any word on Sega catching on and tosses that big ol' IP ban like last year?

Thanks guys, and excuse my giant wall of text.

Anduril
Jan 8, 2016, 03:11 PM
B20 is a ghost town. The new social block on Ship02 is B01 (never really fills up), with some spillage into B10 for people who run SH EQs, and there is no stigma against speaking English in the those lobbies. The English community is a few hundred strong from what I can tell, but a good portion of it is scattered throughout other blocks running missions. As for the economy, it is also pretty bad depending on the item, like some LAs being 20mil+. And yes, they are raising the cost back up to 700AC.

Petunia
Jan 8, 2016, 03:13 PM
Ship 2 is FULL of English speakers. Of course there's more Japanese players than Western still, but it's not like you'll go that long without seeing another Western player.
Like, a minute.

TehCubey
Jan 8, 2016, 03:25 PM
9-11m meseta for accessories/lobby actions/hairstyles is not unusual. These things disappear when used so they get only more rare and thus more expensive as time goes on after their scratch ends. Outfits tend to be cheaper because they're resellable.

It's not as much money as you'd expect, with weekly XQ/taco you can easily make ~3m per character and that's not counting dailies and other sources of income.

Talking in lobby is considered rude, in English or not. Some people do it anyway.

Ships 4 and 10 also have English speaking playerbases, not as large as ship 2 but that has its advantages too.

starwind75043
Jan 8, 2016, 04:52 PM
For English players if i am not mistaken is sh2 then sh4 by size.

b1 is the new English player gathering block on 2. Its really not much a secret that non JP players play this game.

Teams are not hard to find. Just depends on what your looking. just use the Visaphone or just ask.

Economy for cosmetic stuff is not cheap on 2 So may want to see if you can buy a cheap cosmetic item on 9 that is worth a lot of money on 2 to cash in.

if your over 70 your going spend most of your times in block 25 and up.

Just dont be a dick and you will be fine. Many people on sh2 speak English on any block. You could technical be banned for being a non jp player but i think most jp players (and sega) Its not that big a deal.

Hysteria1987
Jan 8, 2016, 08:28 PM
I think a lot of people on this game try to be a lot more 'careful' than they have to be in regards to talking or being plain non-Japanese. From my experience, like starwind said, don't be a dick and you'll be fine.

I thought Ship 10 was the second biggest English community- I don't really know much about Ship 4.

As noted, B20 was the English block, but there was a particular kind of English player that gave that place a bad reputation, and drove everyone else away. Nowadays it's pretty empty, even in EQ time it's skipped over. Many have come to unofficially call it Chernobyl :wacko:

B1 is where the surviving B20ers went- it is the unofficial 'social' block but it's a pretty heavily stigmatised place both by the English and the Japanese players. The players who hang out in there are typically stereotyped as everything bad about the community- overly concerned about dressups, poorly equipped, not playing the game too well, argumentative, overly silly and full of uguu~ anime nonsense. I'm not trying to cast judgement here, that's just how they're seen- that's a bit of a political discussion I won't get into any further now. All I'll say is that it can be said that a bit of a stigma on the English community as a whole comes from here.

That said, where you choose to go and what you choose to do is entirely up to you and what you want to get out of the game- you've got the options :) There are English players all over the place, and some real good talent and real good personalities too. You can find them basically wherever you look on Ship 2.

KLMS1
Jan 8, 2016, 09:36 PM
TL;DR version - B-001 is Cancer Town, population Too Many. Every time I spawn there at login the inanity of the chat spam makes a few more of my brain cells commit sudoku.

Stay away from there and you'll be fine. (Unless you're into that kinda thing...)

ArcaneTechs
Jan 9, 2016, 12:26 AM
TL;DR version - B-001 is Cancer Town, population Too Many. Every time I spawn there at login the inanity of the chat spam makes a few more of my brain cells commit sudoku.

Stay away from there and you'll be fine. (Unless you're into that kinda thing...)
this

5char

Konquer
Jan 11, 2016, 01:19 AM
accessories expensive? dont tell me that until you've played SEA kek. they're x10 at least

AmanoMai
Jan 11, 2016, 02:44 AM
Every time I spawn there at login the inanity of the chat spam makes a few more of my brain cells commit sudoku.

http://images-cdn.9gag.com/photo/agvRwKn_700b.jpg

TaigaUC
Jan 11, 2016, 04:25 AM
There's a special discount on ship transfers at the moment, right?
If I recall correctly, it's 350 AC instead of the usual 700? AC.
And it's just about to end? If so, you should transfer ASAP.

If you really don't want to pay, you could probably start over on ship 2 without much problem.
There's also a new free character slot coming soon. You could make a new char on ship 2.
Not sure how the game works in terms of storage between ships though. Never tried it myself.
That's changing soon too, right?

Dammy
Jan 11, 2016, 09:20 AM
There's a special discount on ship transfers at the moment, right?
If I recall correctly, it's 350 AC instead of the usual 700? AC.
And it's just about to end? If so, you should transfer ASAP.

If you really don't want to pay, you could probably start over on ship 2 without much problem.
There's also a new free character slot coming soon. You could make a new char on ship 2.
Not sure how the game works in terms of storage between ships though. Never tried it myself.
That's changing soon too, right?

storage bound to ship atm
even if you move/delete all characters from that ship

TaigaUC
Jan 11, 2016, 10:14 AM
Sounds crap.

Vintasticvin
Jan 11, 2016, 01:36 PM
Ahhh good ol Ship 2, B1. A hive of scum, villainy, and poorly played out debauchery when they decide to stop idling and leaving the rigs running while taking off to work, school, etv

Hysteria1987
Jan 11, 2016, 09:36 PM
Ahhh good ol Ship 2, B1. A hive of scum, villainy, and poorly played out debauchery when they decide to stop idling and leaving the rigs running while taking off to work, school, etv

I'm sure this isn't likely to be a popular view but I'd quite like to see people who hit the 1hr mark AFKing to get booted to their rooms :-P. I doubt SEGA would do that though because the freemium players would be able to get where the action is easier, which means they'd have less incentive to buy prem.

Buuut that's neither here nor there- I'd be waiting until you can take your storage with you too, unless you haven't got much you really want to keep.

Ryziou
Jan 11, 2016, 10:14 PM
I'm sure this isn't likely to be a popular view but I'd quite like to see people who hit the 1hr mark AFKing to get booted to their rooms :-P. I doubt SEGA would do that though because the freemium players would be able to get where the action is easier, which means they'd have less incentive to buy prem.

Buuut that's neither here nor there- I'd be waiting until you can take your storage with you too, unless you haven't got much you really want to keep.

And then watch people bypass that afk timer just like they (I) did in Archeage.

Hysteria1987
Jan 12, 2016, 02:18 AM
And then watch people bypass that afk timer just like they (I) did in Archeage.

If I were a game admin, this would, of course, mean WAR :-P

The OP hasn't come back at all, has he? I don't really wanna bring this any more off-topic, even if the topic is interesting.

MikelAL93
Jan 13, 2016, 04:10 AM
I thought Ship 10 was the second biggest English community- I don't really know much about Ship 4.

Now that you mention it, I really do wonder how Ship 10 is shaping up these days... It's been forever since I was last there, so I figure I'd quote 'ya. :3

SwiftNeo
Jan 13, 2016, 08:46 AM
So my question, without making a whole new post is. which ship should i choose, ship 2/10.
I lost my old account so i have to sadly start over and sense me being able to play depends on the group or guild i end up with . I would like to dive into this game fully.

KazukiQZ
Jan 13, 2016, 08:56 AM
2 if you want an active EN community, 10 if u want to meet EN player once per week or so?

WEED420BLAZEIT
Jan 13, 2016, 09:28 PM
2 if you want an active EN community, 10 if u want to meet EN player once per week or so?

EN players in ship 10 are quite active m8

they just stay low profile all the time

Macman
Jan 14, 2016, 04:38 AM
Also it looks bad when 90% of your playerbase is AFK and booted off the blocks that display player capacity.

Honestly I would like an idle kick but only if you're idle for 10 minutes while an EQ announcement is underway.
It's one thing to idle in a block for hours at a time, it's another to still be away and taking up useful space during a temporary event where people want to find other active players.

MiPHISTo
Jan 15, 2016, 04:28 AM
EN players in ship 10 are quite active m8

they just stay low profile all the time

The only problem is that the English community is much smaller comparatively to Ship 2. Also, a larger majority of the bad teams that couldn't make it on Ship 2 seem to have moved to Ship 10 (This doesn't mean in any way that there aren't bad teams in Ship 2, mind you.).

Achelousaurus
May 11, 2016, 01:57 PM
What does that even mean? How do you "not make it" on ship 2?
How does moving ship improve your team?

Dammy
May 11, 2016, 11:50 PM
What does that even mean? How do you "not make it" on ship 2?
How does moving ship improve your team?

wtf dude

Achelousaurus
May 12, 2016, 01:27 PM
No really, I have no idea what he meant.

Cause it's not like a dead team of 3 people can't survive forever in this gamer as long as people don't leave. Inactivity alone does nothing.

And can't quite call it teams moving if the leader of a dead team alone moves elsewhere to start the same team again.

HentaiLolicon
May 12, 2016, 01:49 PM
That's some nice excavating work you did there