PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Kanshasai 2016 - Nagoya (Recap)

Manta Oyamada
Jan 9, 2016, 11:55 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-WcgjBcwNztg/VpHlh4HtIbI/AAAAAAAApjI/HS5Bn2b74Zc/s912-Ic42/Reformula%2525C3%2525A7%2525C3%2525A3o%252520NPC.j pg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-1Y6fYTsfBbI/VpHk6O44geI/AAAAAAAApis/pTdXFudh6tg/s912-Ic42/Tutorials%252520e%252520Exchange%252520shop.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3wMOLzLVtqY/VpHlCJYz91I/AAAAAAAApi4/Al9x61nb8nw/s912-Ic42/Premium%252520Ex.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-wszgBY0hD58/VpHkD-3ibUI/AAAAAAAApiY/_NrgQ39BPAY/s912-Ic42/PAs.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-h9iGWxuNeFQ/VpHkDcuKTjI/AAAAAAAApiU/3Fp95DI_b1c/s912-Ic42/PAs%2525202.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-fLA1ZuJSfh4/VpH-HKidnAI/AAAAAAAApjk/VBLYBFoVZ68/s912-Ic42/Maestro%252520Summoner.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-etOVmmCuTLQ/VpH_x_TjpDI/AAAAAAAApj4/yYCGv8-fm2M/s912-Ic42/Ragol%252520Memory.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-FLWx_ot5WCY/VpIBSnYUGlI/AAAAAAAApkM/DfrYhEE8Nmk/s912-Ic42/Bonus%252520Quest.jpg

Weiss9029
Jan 9, 2016, 11:58 PM
What am I looking at

Z-0
Jan 9, 2016, 11:58 PM
Hunter: Charge Parrying, the start of charges will count as guards (so you can just guard, the window of time after a normal JG will get you hit though)
Fighter: Tech Arts JA PP Save, you save PP if you do TAJA
Ranger: Keep Roll Shoot, DRS doesn't fire WB
Gunner: TMG Arts S Charge, Comboing PAs removes charge
Force: Rod Shoot, rod normals fire projectiles
Techer: Wand Gear Element, Wand Gear has chance to SE
Braver: Katana Gear Boost, power and PP recovery increased during gear (? not sure)
Bouncer: One More Jump, you can do a triple jump off an enemy's head.

EDIT: Can buy compound techs from shop.
Tutorial is revamped.
Doing the recommended quest gives you presents from various NPCs.

Item Pack expanded to 150 with AC
Character storage 300, expanded to 1000 with AC
Premium Storage 400
12 My Sets
5 Support Partners (Did anyone actually make more than 1? lol)

Storage cursor is customizable (where it starts)
Soemthing about LIliparium (I suck)

EDIT2: Basically refining liliparium use so it's easier to use and harder to use accidently or whatever.

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 12:09 AM
I don't know how I feel about Io's little braid. I like Lottie's and Lubert's new looks. For some reason, Monica's, too. I also like the new Navigator/Attendant outfits. I want them. :/

Braver: Katana Gear Boost, power and PP recovery increased during gear (? not sure)

Katana Gear Boost: Increase rate at which the Gear gauge fills up; While Gear is active, increase PP recovery.

Anduril
Jan 10, 2016, 12:10 AM
YAY! They gave Rod a basic ranged attack. It has always frustrated me that you need to get into melee range to be able to recover PP with one (assuming you are low level/on cooldown from PP convert).
Also, now that I get a look at it on different characters, I really do dislike the new operator clothes. They seem less professional.

Xaeris
Jan 10, 2016, 12:17 AM
Oh, some of the NPCs found some new threads in the intervening two years. Neat.

Nyansan
Jan 10, 2016, 12:19 AM
Oh, some of the NPCs found some new threads in the intervening two years. Neat.

More like Lubert and Lottie actually finally graduate from being cadets

Nanaha
Jan 10, 2016, 12:21 AM
Hunter: Charge Parrying, the start of charges will count as guards (so you can just guard, the window of time after a normal JG will get you hit though)

EDIT: Can buy compound techs from shop.
Tutorial is revamped.

Key points that I find to be the most interesting.
*it looks like HU can think less while playing now and just go ham on enemies
*no more rod whacking? should be interesting to see how the projectiles work though
*techer(not sure whats meant by SE here)
*(braver)by during gear, is that just max gear or any amount of gear?
*(bouncer)double jumping onto the head...then jumping again? kinda confused why anyone needs that much elevation

Oh boy we can buy compound techs now. Should also be interesting to see a new tutorial. Must also agree that the new operator outfits look much less professional in capacity. I'll probably get used to it eventually.

KLMS1
Jan 10, 2016, 12:22 AM
Also, now that I get a look at it on different characters, I really do dislike the new operator clothes. They seem less professional.

A deliberate attempt at a more informal look as part of the internal reforms and general organisational makeover Xiao and Ulc have going, perhaps?

Nyansan
Jan 10, 2016, 12:23 AM
Key points that I find to be the most interesting.
*it looks like HU can think less while playing now and just go ham on enemies
*no more rod whacking? should be interesting to see how the projectiles work though
*techer(not sure whats meant by SE here)
*(bouncer)double jumping onto the head...then jumping again? kinda confused why anyone needs that much elevation

Oh boy we can buy compound techs now. Should also be interesting to see a new tutorial. Must also agree that the new operator outfits look much less professional in capacity. I'll probably get used to it eventually.

SE = status effect.

Also, anyone else thinking that we're gonna get new set of compound soon?

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 12:27 AM

Look at my earlier post.

Also, regarding the new tutorial, it seems geared towards the mentally-challenged, now. In the top-right image on the 2nd picture, you see the tutorial telling you to jump over the crates, and there's a small video on the left showing you what a jump looks like, with the command there as well.

Anduril
Jan 10, 2016, 12:27 AM
A deliberate attempt at a more informal look as part of the internal reforms and general organisational makeover Xiao and Ulc have going, perhaps?
Probably. But after giving a bit of thought, I know specifically what it is: the skirt. I like the look of the pencil-skirt more than yet another pleated miniskirt.

final_attack
Jan 10, 2016, 12:28 AM
That

TMG Arts S Charge ......

Charge during SRoll, then only work for 1 PA then? ._.
Nvm, bumped updated it. Not sure if it's useful for ChainFinish (stares at HeelStab) ._. I wonder if it'll be better to do SatAim - SatAim (to trigger SS) - HeelStab (if it's even possible)

Edit : Also, lol at the hu's new skill .... I can play with even less brain capacity :wacko:
Nice. My build isn't wasted :D

TheszNuts
Jan 10, 2016, 12:32 AM
I know various ppl that buy more than one support partner (for easy collect dos), this will please them.

Nyansan
Jan 10, 2016, 12:32 AM
Just thought of something

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/GoombaStomp_9361.jpg

wefwq
Jan 10, 2016, 12:46 AM
Why would people need to jump 3 times anyway?
Also, damn HU skill sounds very useless...

ZerotakerZX
Jan 10, 2016, 12:47 AM

insta hype

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 12:47 AM
I'm not sure how I feel about this.

What's wrong with it? While WB is active, you can keep spamming Dive Roll Shoot in order to get your PP back instead of being forced to switch to a Launcher.

ZerotakerZX
Jan 10, 2016, 12:52 AM
What's wrong with it? While WB is active, you can keep spamming Dive Roll Shoot in order to get your PP back instead of being forced to switch to a Launcher.

I think they are making it just a bit TOO easy.

Selphea
Jan 10, 2016, 12:54 AM
Why would people need to jump 3 times anyway?
Also, damn HU skill sounds very useless...

Might be useful for some Serafi jump cancel BS I guess

LonelyGaruga
Jan 10, 2016, 12:57 AM
Most JB PAs are jump cancelable so it's nice for defensive uses. The JB double jump can also proc SEs IIRC.

Though I'm still waiting for a Bouncer skill that enables JAs off of jumps. This triple jump skill would work great for that.

Tenlade
Jan 10, 2016, 01:05 AM
I could have sworn this was already the case,albeit a very low %.

This doesn't seem very useful considering how easy status effects are to inflict already. Maybe poison ignition? does poison ignition even do decent damage anymore?

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 01:07 AM
I could have sworn this was already the case,albeit a very low %.

This doesn't seem very useful considering how easy status effects are to inflict already. Maybe poison ignition? does poison ignition even do decent damage anymore?

The skill refers to the tech explosion from Wand Gear, which never inflicted status ailments. It doesn't help that his translations aren't all that clear.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 10, 2016, 01:10 AM
Wand Gear explosions can proc SEs, but only if the weapon is affixed with a SE. The addition of this skill enables WG to proc two different SEs, assuming this does not override how they currently function.

I don't see what was unclear about Matt's post, he just translated the skill descriptions in the images. Skill descriptions generally don't provide enough information on how the skill works to be 100% clear.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 10, 2016, 01:12 AM
Is ok I guess (don't main HU so I'm not excited for this)

Good for combo's, can't complain

Been wanting this for awhile for pp regen purposes

Gunner: TMG Arts S Charge, Comboing PAs removes charge
This is rather nice and interesting, definitely switches up the gameplay style for GU a bit

Very interested to see how well this works

Was actually hoping the gear gauge would increase Tech dmg instead but I guess TE stays melee longer

More power for BR, keep it coming

Could have added more PA's instead of one extra jump

Okay skills, could be better though

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 01:21 AM
Was actually hoping the gear gauge would increase Tech dmg instead but I guess TE stays melee longer

That would be a little awkward, wouldn't it? Seeing as we have Wand Lovers for melee Techters.

More power for BR, keep it coming

And more people ignoring my post correcting that translation.
Again, Katana Gear Boost increases rate at which gear gauge fills, and increases PP recovery when gear is active.

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 01:26 AM
I don't see what was unclear about Matt's post, he just translated the skill descriptions in the images. Skill descriptions generally don't provide enough information on how the skill works to be 100% clear.

The skill descriptions are actually rather clear about what the skills do. The only skill that really requires any more detail is the Rod skill.

Zyrusticae
Jan 10, 2016, 01:31 AM
Katana gear being given yet more power... hmmmmm.

Hmmmmmm.

I'll accept this. But I wonder why they don't give Braver more things to be a decent subclass instead...

Para
Jan 10, 2016, 01:35 AM
The TMG buff is definitely something I would look forward to.
Ever since they've been nerfed, gunners just haven't had the same impact like Rangers, Bouncer, Bravers, FOs in general. Their raw damage output has been outpaced by other classes.

This new change may help them get back on the road to repair.

ThePageofHeart
Jan 10, 2016, 01:35 AM
Most of my PP issues come from using a lawnchair. It's easy enough to manage PP with a rifle.

out of context this might be my favorite quote.

isCasted
Jan 10, 2016, 01:44 AM
The TMG buff is definitely something I would look forward to.
Ever since they've been nerfed, gunners just haven't had the same impact like Rangers, Bouncer, Bravers, FOs in general. Their raw damage output has been outpaced by other classes.

This new change may help them get back on the road to repair.

But Gu was buffed back in October... It's been rather godly with 13* so far. TMGs are easily the best R-ATK-based mobbing option, and Chain nukes all the bosses. S-Roll is the best dodge move in the game, with only flaw that you can't roll forward.

yoshiblue
Jan 10, 2016, 01:46 AM
If Strike Gust 's damage or shifta buff scaled off of current height, it may have been massive. If moment gale's range was determined by height as well, that would have been cool.

Rehal
Jan 10, 2016, 01:47 AM
Empe-rappy

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYVtdWvUsAAwgdY.jpg

final_attack
Jan 10, 2016, 01:47 AM
But ... best Chain damage is Bow, not Tmg ;w; Tmg only did around 50%(?), compared to bow ;w;

Z-0
Jan 10, 2016, 01:51 AM
Clear the recommend quest for BONUS KEYS, which allow you to play the BONUS QUEST.

Which, as always, drops new STONES (Cagaseo) which you can trade for items (probably camos).

Tenlade
Jan 10, 2016, 01:52 AM

Honestly ive been hoping for wand strikes to build up compound tech meter , but sadly it seems techers are doomed to just do a single 3 hit combo forever.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 10, 2016, 01:53 AM
That would be a little awkward, wouldn't it? Seeing as we have Wand Lovers for melee Techers
Umm no cuz I want to be able to use Techer outside Wand smacking, even if it isn't on par with FO, I want it to be somewhat good in casting Techs along with support. Balance I suppose. FO hits 2k and TE hits 1.5k for an example or something.

Not sure why though you bring up Wand Lovers as I'm aware of the skill and it wasn't something I was referring to exactly

And more people ignoring my post correcting that translation.
Again, Katana Gear Boost increases rate at which gear gauge fills, and increases PP recovery when gear is active.
Do you even play BR? I mean the gauge isn't super hard to keep up but this skill is going to allow you to stay in Counter Mode longer. Staying in this mode just allows more DPS and sustainability, if this isn't a power increase in another form then idk man, to me it just makes BR more appealing than it already is

Poyonche
Jan 10, 2016, 01:55 AM
drops new STONES

Phantasy Stones Online 2

Xaeris
Jan 10, 2016, 01:56 AM
If I subclass Geologist, can I get a buff to stone drop rates?

Poyonche
Jan 10, 2016, 02:00 AM
Unfortunately, "Stones Rate Grow Up" is mainclass only.

arkeido
Jan 10, 2016, 02:01 AM
Stooooneeeesssss
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYVvZ-cUQAAS9FK.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYVtVZbU0AAKMQL.jpg

Rehal
Jan 10, 2016, 02:07 AM
Pet basic attack _(:3」∠)_

https://twitter.com/BBAnoEiyuu/status/686078209469759488

Poyonche
Jan 10, 2016, 02:08 AM
I'll definitely get the Red Ring and the baton camo.

If those costs less than a total of 3 RM. :wacko:

vaerix
Jan 10, 2016, 02:09 AM
Mainclass Geologist skill only.

EDIT: damnit, super ninja'd.

Hysteria1987
Jan 10, 2016, 02:46 AM
Unfortunately, "Stones Rate Grow Up" is mainclass only....I'd still main it, not gonna lie.

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 02:52 AM
Do you even play BR? I mean the gauge isn't super hard to keep up but this skill is going to allow you to stay in Counter Mode longer. Staying in this mode just allows more DPS and sustainability, if this isn't a power increase in another form then idk man, to me it just makes BR more appealing than it already is

I main Braver, but that has nothing to do with the proper translation of the skill description, which I provided.

Aine
Jan 10, 2016, 02:55 AM
we get it

final_attack
Jan 10, 2016, 02:57 AM
Stooooneeeesssss

That's .... the coolest Tmg :v

Zorak000
Jan 10, 2016, 02:59 AM
Wand thing would be neat for chase advance Te/Fi, but I'd rather have something that is actually better for bossing like wand basics applying a mini banish mark that only records tech damage or something to dethrone Te/br's banish thing.

ThePageofHeart
Jan 10, 2016, 03:01 AM
Stooooneeeesssss

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYVtVZbU0AAKMQL.jpg

1st Image -
"Complete the recommended quests to obtain [Bonus Keys] in order to take part in [Bonus Quests]."
"You can collect Phantasmal Kagaseo(?) Stones"
"Here you can encounter the Emperor Rappy"

2nd Image -
New Ragol Memory shop items - Rico's Earrings & Red Rings, Flowen's Shield, [C.A.R.D] weapon camo for Batons.

Tunga
Jan 10, 2016, 03:06 AM
One more jump: Extremely garbage lol. Would've prefer "Snatch jump JA" or "DBS element switch" over it.

Charge parry: I rarely dodge or counter with HU but that skill seems really useful to keep your charged PA outside MH.

Katana gear boost: If it works after you activate gear then it's great with some extra pp recover. Still wont make me touch Br tho.

Rod shoot: Should help when PP convert or Ketos is down.

Tech arts PP save: If it's not main class then Hu would get a good kick out of that skill.

Keep Roll Shoot: Finally a decent way to recover PP without touching the awful lawnchairs.

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 03:07 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYWAyKjUsAEbTGf.jpg

Looks like "Questions to the Dev Team" Corner has started.

sparab
Jan 10, 2016, 03:12 AM
Finally a decent way to recover PP without touching the awful lawnchairs.

>Flash grenade
>Gravity bomb
>Up Trap
>Orbit launcher

isCasted
Jan 10, 2016, 03:20 AM
I see Keep Roll Shoot more as a way to create JA window than recover PP.

femme fatale
Jan 10, 2016, 03:23 AM

pretty much, w/e happened with the GS bullet keep skill though SEGA...

kurokyosuke
Jan 10, 2016, 03:23 AM

You know, that has ALWAYS been a problem for me, but it didn't occur to me that it could be used for that. Now I feel bad for not thinking about it sooner (not that it matters since it isn't out yet...).

sparab
Jan 10, 2016, 03:26 AM
Apparently our new directors haven't figured out how JA from other PA, which also allows standing snipe

Kondibon
Jan 10, 2016, 03:32 AM
Pet basic attack _(:3」∠)_

https://twitter.com/BBAnoEiyuu/status/686078209469759488Oh, so when you have them attack they just keep attacking. If you can cast techs while they're doing that I can see this being pretty interesting.

EvilMag
Jan 10, 2016, 03:33 AM
Pick up a Stone Online 2
[spoiler-box]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYVt3opUsAAFYy2.jpg:large[/spoiler-box]

isCasted
Jan 10, 2016, 03:35 AM
Apparently our new directors haven't figured out how JA from other PA, which also allows standing snipe

...except sometimes you just want to damage a boss fast, because timing the attack properly may stunlock them, while taking even an extra second will let them go wild. And if you are low on PP, other methods of recovery will take away even more time.

Sometimes it's better to not risk for extra 32% damage with all 100% of it.

Rakurai
Jan 10, 2016, 03:37 AM
Figures the new 13* would be wind element. Assuming those weapons are using Ability III, Mutation, and Power/Shot/Tech III, their attack would be slightly lower then Invade/Ostia.

I do wonder how relevant light is going to be in the episode with Darkers seemingly being brushed aside for the time being, though.

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 10, 2016, 03:42 AM
TMG Arts S Charge: Gap Close + Aerial Shooting > S-Roll to reset = Infinite Double Jump!!!!!

Rejoice all Gunners!

Zyrusticae
Jan 10, 2016, 03:43 AM
Ugh, the pet being locked to the character's shoulder while running just looks so bad. Should have it float a little bit behind and actually travel along the ground instead, would look much less obnoxious.

seilent
Jan 10, 2016, 03:58 AM
they should just make wand explosions contribute to compound gauge instead SE

Rakurai
Jan 10, 2016, 04:02 AM
TMG Arts S Charge: Gap Close + Aerial Shooting > S-Roll to reset = Infinite Double Jump!!!!!

Rejoice all Gunners!

Because staying in the air forever wasn't easy enough as it was.

final_attack
Jan 10, 2016, 04:13 AM

Rejoice all Gunners!

Too bad not enough space on pallete x: It also threw too much PP (only had 127 PP without ShowTime x: )

Reserved :
1 for DoubleJump (JB) + Shifta
1 for recovery (Resta Talis)
1 for Rifle

x:

LonelyGaruga
Jan 10, 2016, 04:15 AM
Pick up a Stone Online 2
[spoiler-box]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYVt3opUsAAFYy2.jpg:large[/spoiler-box]

Looks like Tokyo really is following Kuronia's example with having a mixture of 12* and 13* weapons for trade-ins. The 15 element weapons are 13*s, the 20 element weapons are 12*s. And not all weapons are covered.

So we can confirm

12*s: Sword, Double Saber, Katana, Gunslash, Dual Blade
13*s: Sword, Twin Dagger, Katana
Unknown: Launcher

Based on the length of the menu's scrolling bar, I suspect around 6-7 more weapons unaccounted for.

wait, are the DBs "Super Cool" (スプルコル, su-pu-ru-ko-ru)

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 10, 2016, 04:27 AM
Too bad not enough space on pallete x: It also threw too much PP (only had 127 PP without ShowTime x: )

Reserved :
1 for DoubleJump (JB) + Shifta
1 for recovery (Resta Talis)
1 for Rifle

x:

Can use Dead Approach for less PP, and S-Roll normals will regain PP anyway so I think it's really good.

Maybe you can change your gap close palette to combo with Aerial Shooting? or change JB to the Aerial Shoot Palette.

Heel Stab is interesting since it can be used midair too. Might be useful on Magatsu?

AmanoMai
Jan 10, 2016, 04:31 AM

while this is a nice addition
I'd much prefer something like gunslash WB keep instead

i see it as a way of getting JA without needing to use a PA at the cost of losing standing snipe rather than a way of gainning pp, since orbit + grenades do wonder with pp regain already.

putting pp regen aside, gunslash would be interesting to use with the freedom to WB and switch whenever you want to

Zorua
Jan 10, 2016, 04:36 AM
while this is a nice addition
I'd much prefer something like gunslash WB keep instead
gunslash WB keep instead
gunslash WB keep instead

For the love of God!

Selphea
Jan 10, 2016, 04:38 AM
Even with TMG Arts JA, Dead Approach spam is still highest DPS for Striking o.o

On the other hand, Heel Stab being almost half Striking and Aerial Shooting being 100% Striking means Sat Aim is still better.

Still nice for air time and mobs though.

isCasted
Jan 10, 2016, 04:39 AM
Face it - removing WB from the game would the best solution to the problem of all. Bullet Keep, Massive Bullet, Keep Roll Shoot etc are just polishing the turd.

Zorua
Jan 10, 2016, 04:41 AM
It may be the solution, I feel that'd be getting my hopes too high, especially considering the glares Ichitaro got for his "good riddance" remark.

Hrith
Jan 10, 2016, 04:43 AM
they should just make wand explosions contribute to compound gauge instead SEThat's one idea, and a good one. These announced skills are fucking crap...

Hunter: War Cry-related skill that boosts survivability.

Force: able to cast eight techniques with a card before it comes back to your hand? I barely play force and I'd love such a skill.

Techer: using Anti temporarily grants immunity to status ailments.

Bouncer: boost damage while under Break Stance with ALL weapon types.

Really, who the bloody hell uses double jump on enemies?

AmanoMai
Jan 10, 2016, 04:44 AM
Even with TMG Arts JA, Dead Approach spam is still highest DPS for Striking o.o

On the other hand, Heel Stab being almost half Striking and Aerial Shooting being 100% Striking means Sat Aim is still better.

Still nice for air time and mobs though.

it's great to gain height with aerial shooting

though i'm not sure about heel stab
the charge is already fairly short and the fact that you can't spam this kind of take away it's usefulness
maybe i'll find out in actually gameplay:-?

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 05:22 AM
Was there a livestream or something?

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 10, 2016, 05:24 AM

You know.. climbing tall enemies' weakpoints (Ragne Core, Magatsu, GGG) and staying out of harm's way.

It's more for bosses where the double jump attack can hit the enemy's hit box, allowing for a third jump.

wefwq
Jan 10, 2016, 05:27 AM
Was there a livestream or something?
Don't think so.
Next livestream will be on next week.

Those info are straight from Nagoya Kanshasai, with picture from their official twitter.

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 05:40 AM
Ah, okay. Thanks.
Yeah, I thought it was next week.

I really don't like Coffee's new outfit.
She gave me the impression of a serious/professional type, so it's weird seeing her wearing white frills instead of the more business suit-ish dress.
The new Wand skill sounds like what we expected Wand explosions to automatically have from the very beginning.
Innerwear first clothes look bleh. I hope they don't screw the system up by only adding ugly crap.

And wow, they really want us to do Featured Quests.
More "do old crap just to get something new".
I can imagine how they decided this:
"We have a problem. Nobody is doing these old boring as shit Quests."
"Give them incentive. Add camos or something. Stones! That's it, more stones!"
"Why don't we just make them more fun to play?"
"You're fired."

Pets not JAing kinda suggests Summoner is indeed aimed towards younger/less-experienced players.
Candy compression possibly like grinding? Yuck.
More WBs, huh. They better start adding WB to everyone else then.

Kondibon
Jan 10, 2016, 05:41 AM
You know.. climbing tall enemies' weakpoints (Ragne Core, Magatsu, GGG) and staying out of harm's way.

It's more for bosses where the double jump attack can hit the enemy's hit box, allowing for a third jump.
This is actually a really good point, I hadn't thought of using it like that.

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 05:47 AM
I really wish they'd add step attack ability to Rods, or make non-charged Tech playstyle viable again.
I'd enjoy a more fast-paced caster playstyle.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 10, 2016, 05:55 AM
Face it - removing WB from the game would the best solution to the problem of all. Bullet Keep, Massive Bullet, Keep Roll Shoot etc are just polishing the turd.

So making ranger trash compared to the rest of the classes would fix all issues?

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 06:03 AM
I dunno about that. Ranger still feels pretty strong without WB.
WB makes Ranger feel like I can one-shot a ton of stuff.
That's... kinda above strong.

What they ought to do is fix stupid Launcher being slow, boring and weak.

Edit: When I say that, I'm thinking about how I almost never see anyone using launcher, they're either cheap on My Shop or nobody is selling any, and I can't sell any of mine.
It's clearly not a popular weapon.

Kondibon
Jan 10, 2016, 06:05 AM
So making ranger trash compared to the rest of the classes would fix all issues?While I don't agree that completely removing WB is the best solution, if removing it would make the entire rest of the class worthless, that sounds pretty telling of of the imbalance. If WB was like jammed version everywhere, or didn't stack with existing weakpoints (but not both obviously), then I'd be fine with that though.

isCasted
Jan 10, 2016, 06:05 AM
So making ranger trash compared to the rest of the classes would fix all issues?

Of course further rebalancing of Ranger was implied, alright? I omitted that because I thought it was fairly obvious. It's like people forget that not everyone in the world is a dumbass...

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 10, 2016, 06:12 AM
Just make WB work like Chain Trigger, limited only to party members.

But then Te main skills should also be limited to the party, keeping it "fair" for all.

Edit: I don't see what's the problem with RA having WB. They're rewarded with it for having to play a WB bot role, learning all the weak points/breakables of bosses on top of being a very technical class. It relies on player aim/FPS skills.

Rupikachu
Jan 10, 2016, 06:19 AM

I do! Its really fun to:

[spoiler-box]
http://i1.wp.com/www.2-dimensions.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/130823-anatomyofmario-1702.gif
[/spoiler-box]

when just skipping mobs xD

DatFox
Jan 10, 2016, 07:07 AM
Yes! This is the one thing that I've been waiting for to make me go back to Jet Boots! An extra jump! THE WHOLE GAME JUST CHANGED! I can't wait! Now all you naysayers can finally back off and accept Jet Boot Bouncer as one of the best and balanced fighting styles in the entire game!

... Friggin' really? You know how Akira Toriyama reportedly hated Vegeta and it was blatantly obvious throughout DBZ? I'm getting deja vu.

I'm going to sleep. Wake me up when we get butt sliders.

isCasted
Jan 10, 2016, 07:08 AM
Just make WB work like Chain Trigger, limited only to party members.
I think making WB owner-only (not just party-only) would be a good first step to rebalance, in addition to nerfing its multiplier. Ranger is still a damage-oriented class, so putting a heavy (2.55x damage to 12 people that just might not be there! Heck, even 1.5x damage to 4 people is too imbalanced for something that depends on a single player) support role on it makes it more annoying to play than it should be.

Also, CT doesn't boost party damage. Only player gets the boost, party members only work as a support preventing Chain from timing out at worst moments.

But then Te main skills should also be limited to the party, keeping it "fair" for all.
...Meanwhile Techer is support-oriented from the start, so supporting others would make sense. So for 4 people it's alright, but for random groups of 12 people... eh... So this is a good idea. Each party should decide for themselves whether they really need support.

Edit: I don't see what's the problem with RA having WB. They're rewarded with it for having to play a WB bot role, learning all the weak points/breakables of bosses on top of being a very technical class. It relies on player aim/FPS skills.
Meanwhile other players rely on that single player's aim, as well as them limiting their own experience from the game (especially that player is Gu/Ra or bow Br, for whom Rifle is not the best thing to do), and also that some random bullshit won't render them unable to provide such valuable support (like boss suddenly starting to chase someone else and turning its weakpoint away from WB slave; or stunlock; or random hit taking away your WB if you aren't RA main; or death).

WB slave job limits your ways of playing the game. Game teases you: "Look at all the variety of playstyles you can use! Oh wait, you CAN'T".

Rakurai
Jan 10, 2016, 07:11 AM
It would be nice if you could get an infinite amount of extra jumps so long as you keep causing damage with them.

Being able to jump across a series of enemies or repeatedly stomp the same one would be amusing.

Kondibon
Jan 10, 2016, 07:16 AM
I think making WB owner-only (not just party-only) WB is a support skill, so absolutely fucking not.

otakun
Jan 10, 2016, 07:41 AM
WB is a support skill, so absolutely fucking not.

Problem is that its an overly relied on support skill that ruins MPAs. No WB? Bail.

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 10, 2016, 07:48 AM
Also, CT doesn't boost party damage. Only player gets the boost, party members only work as a support preventing Chain from timing out at worst moments.

I'm aware that chain only benefits the player. I play Gu/Ra.

WB slave job limits your ways of playing the game. Game teases you: "Look at all the variety of playstyles you can use! Oh wait, you CAN'T".
An easy fix for this is to make WB main class only.

I have a lot of things I dislike too:
-I dislike WB role because I'm lazy. Yet I'm forced to do the role just by having it as my subclass. WTH
-I hate rainbow sets. But three classes effin require them just to maximize their potential
-I want Episode 2 Gu/Hu back. But S-Roll is nerfed so.. :/
-Move Moving Snipe to Gunner skill tree. Gunner is a f*kkin MOBILE class. I don't like sitting in one spot, I want to fly and parkour all over the place with my aerial acrobatics and flashy bullet-time. Yet I'm forced to maximize damage by staying still (Personal bias against Sat Aim and Standing Snipe).

I look up and see that I typed a lot of stuff.. What was my point?

My point is, there is no point to all this complaining since we really can't do anything but work with what SEGA gives us. Whether we like it or not.

isCasted
Jan 10, 2016, 07:50 AM
WB is a support skill, so absolutely fucking not.

If only you read the rest of the post, you'd see that support side of the skill is the freaking problem, hence the proposal for a change.

Also, what's up with Volg and Banish? They multiply damage too, so those are support skills to, so it sucks they are player only? Or is it because those skills are already player-only, so they shouldn't be changed? How do you justify this kind of logic?

An easy fix for this is to make WB main class only.
That wouldn't change a lot. It'd only make Ra/Br and Ra/Gu with multiclass weapons more favorable, and the problem would persist.

My point is, there is no point to all this complaining since we really can't do anything but work with what SEGA gives us. Whether we like it or not.

This is a forum. We discuss, we debate, we theorise, we share feelings. That's the point.

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 10, 2016, 08:03 AM
This is a forum. We discuss, we debate, we theorise, we share feelings. That's the point.

Well yeah, but it does nothing at all since we don't have direct control over the game. It just makes us appear whiny or annoying, methinks.

Anyway, I'm gonna apply the Shouganai mentality here and take my leave. Have fun trying to change things.

Xaelouse
Jan 10, 2016, 08:35 AM
While most of the new skills are sorta lame, it's because we're not really getting SP points in this update.
Although I'm glad they're opting for skills that dont boost damage this time around since the weapon boost already covered that. Just utility stuff instead, and that's a-ok

DatFox
Jan 10, 2016, 09:16 AM
Better utility would be neat. I look at that Magatsu trailer and wish I could actually do the stuff that the JB Bouncer woman could do. Heck, even other classes that aren't even supposed to be... bouncy.

AmanoMai
Jan 10, 2016, 10:11 AM
I think making WB owner-only (not just party-only) would be a good first step to rebalance,.

i do think this is a good idea
the fact that this single "support" skill defines mpa isn't funny

putting that aside, it's unlikely
sega is really pushing Ra gameplay to center around WB
this and the last skill update are both about WB, with the last being vastly pointless.

not to mention they're afraid of making big changes, WB jamming in 1 or 2 EQ is just avoiding the problem. while appreciated, it's weak effort

i doubt we'll see any significant revamp of various balance problem any time soon, if ever. Since sega leans toward adding more messy shits on top of a doodoo instead of cleaning it

ZerotakerZX
Jan 10, 2016, 10:56 AM
i do think this is a good idea
the fact that this single "support" skill defines mpa isn't funny

putting that aside, it's unlikely
sega is really pushing Ra gameplay to center around WB
this and the last skill update are both about WB, with the last being vastly pointless.

not to mention they're afraid of making big changes, WB jamming in 1 or 2 EQ is just avoiding the problem. while appreciated, it's weak effort

i doubt we'll see any significant revamp of various balance problem any time soon, if ever. Since sega leans toward adding more messy shits on top of a doodoo instead of cleaning it
Perfect solution. WB should be always jammed for everyone, except the ranger himself.

Neith
Jan 10, 2016, 11:10 AM
Not really a fan of buffing Katana Braver further, I'd rather Bow get some more attention really.

The RA skill could be really useful (so you can WB, dive roll shoot and then JA into a PA easily or use it to regen PP without switching to launcher. HU skill sounds interesting but I'll have to actually try it. Could be useful for sword skills.

I like that Lubert and Lottie seem to have graduated now so we have some progression. The change to Io is pretty minor.

Edit: To follow up above, I do agree about Sega pushing WB as the defining element of Ranger. I really wish it was changed so it isn't so fundamental to the class but unfortunately it seems that WB is going to be an integral element of RA for some time to come. Hopefully more enemies have a resistance to it in Ep4.

vantpers
Jan 10, 2016, 11:22 AM
You do realize making WB owner only would mean that any boss EQ would be 12/12 pure Ra/anything or anything/Ra because in class versus class damage in MPAs it effectively means buffing any combination with WB by 2.55? I sure do love seeing how classes without WB come nowhere close near WB kill times on anything that has to do with solo boss killing. Now it will be the same in MPAs.

Tenlade
Jan 10, 2016, 11:32 AM
I don't think there's any change to wb you could make that wouldnt stop people from dropping MPAs without it because its the biggest damage boost in the game, and means the difference between pubs killing a boss in time or not.

The entire game's health scaling is entirely balanced around you having this skill,making it nearly impossible to fix without messing things up completely and rebalancing every boss's hp, which isnt happening .I dont know how they're going to balance that single player XQ quest coming up around whether or not you have it, and I honestly doubt they have. The only solution is to just straight up give weak bullet to every class via gunslash.

KLMS1
Jan 10, 2016, 11:40 AM
and means the difference between pubs killing a boss in time or not.

Having succesfully pugged both XH Loser and XH PD over the last week or so without a WB in sight in the MPAs I'll respectfully have to disagree. Took longer, sure, but not inordinately so.

vantpers
Jan 10, 2016, 11:44 AM
Game without WB would be balanced, people say it's too easy anyway. The only thing to be changed would be making Magatsu 2 run max or 3 run max with nerfed HP.

Tenlade
Having succesfully pugged both XH Loser and XH PD over the last week or so without a WB in sight in the MPAs I'll respectfully have to disagree. Took longer, sure, but not inordinately so.

Then you have played better MPAs then mine, most drop to 10/12 by the end of the first wave of demise if there's not any signs of weakbulllet, and that starts a chain reaction of everyone leaving.

Rehal
I don't think there's any change to wb you could make that wouldnt stop people from dropping MPAs without it because its the biggest damage boost in the game, and means the difference between pubs killing a boss in time or not.

The entire game's health scaling is entirely balanced around you having this skill,making it nearly impossible to fix without messing things up completely and rebalancing every boss's hp, which isnt happening .I dont know how they're going to balance that single player XQ quest coming up around whether or not you have it, and I honestly doubt they have. The only solution is to just straight up give weak bullet to every class via gunslash.

Remove WB completely then make all bosses take x2.55 damage kinda like exoda. :wacko:

KLMS1
Jan 10, 2016, 12:04 PM
You were talking about bosses, not TDs I might point out. Though the latter are more about scraping Goldrahda hordes off the towers than killing individual big monsters anyway. (And dealing with Gia seems to largely boil down to AIS lazors assisted by PPC turrets.)

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 12:26 PM
Better utility would be neat. I look at that Magatsu trailer and wish I could actually do the stuff that the JB Bouncer woman could do. Heck, even other classes that aren't even supposed to be... bouncy.

Everyone looks at the PSO2 prerendered movies and wishes they could do the stuff in them.
Even the benchmarks have stuff that we don't have in-game.

KLMS1
Jan 10, 2016, 12:29 PM
Everyone looks at the PSO2 prerendered movies and wishes they could do the stuff in them.

Well to be fair - a lot of it would be either appallingly impractical controls-wise or worse, involve... QTEs. :nono:

Tunga
Jan 10, 2016, 01:40 PM

Loser, Elder and PD are a joke even on 1v1.

KLMS1
Jan 10, 2016, 01:54 PM
That was hardly the topic.

Zyrusticae
Jan 10, 2016, 02:16 PM
Well to be fair - a lot of it would be either appallingly impractical controls-wise or worse, involve... QTEs. :nono:
Naahhh.

See Blade & Soul for how to implement the parkour moves with an intuitive control scheme. (Out-of-combat/weapon sheathed only, though.)

Dragon's Dogma Online also comes much closer in terms of movement with the dedicated sprint function and ledge-climbing and such.

Warframe plays gloriously with Parkour 2.0. Every time I play that game I think "gosh, how cool would PSO2 be to play with this kind of movement?" Of course, we'd then have to deal with far more invisible walls, but I'd take the trade-off any day of the week.

It was my big hope that Episode 4 would include improvements to the base game like this. Instead, the most we get is better graphics and improved character customization. Nice things, yeah, but not quite what I was hoping for when they said 'new experience'.

Cyber Meteor
Jan 10, 2016, 02:24 PM
Nice things, yeah, but not quite what I was hoping for when they said 'new experience'.

This 'new experience' was in fact the pet leveling separated from char leveling for Summoner class. I admit i laughed hard when they revealed that was what they meant by 'new experience' :-D

Bellion
Jan 10, 2016, 02:28 PM
I thought the new experience was this though.
https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CYVk4DZUEAEebNV.mp4

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 02:33 PM
That's because most people have 13 stars now.
Those EQs used to often take forever without WB.

fuusen_gum
Jan 10, 2016, 05:14 PM
so they finally change the npc outfit, if only they change the outfit to match the lobby theme every season, that would be great, and also i think the npc needs to have an idle motion to make the lobby more attractive, all of the npc in the lobby only klotho who move around, and the other is just stay like a statue :nono:

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 10, 2016, 05:40 PM
Not really a fan of buffing Katana Braver further, I'd rather Bow get some more attention really.

Bows nuke many big bads on XH+ faster and more consistently than katanas as is thanks to banish.

-Apply WB jamming everywhere.
-+20% extra damage to one point.
-Still considered a weak point for weak hit skills.

People with sense will not care to drop because of its absence when Te adds 10% to every player on top of 3 min improved shifta no matter where they attack, AND over 20% extra damage for anyone attacking when standing in their zanverse.

The entire game's health scaling is entirely balanced around you having this skill,making it nearly impossible to fix without messing things up

-not the entire game
-implying things aren't messed up because of WB's x2.55 damage multiplier already

completely and rebalancing every boss's hp, which isnt happening .

Which is why it was preferable that they nipped this problem in the bud ever since SH luther's 21 minute vs 7 minute fight time swings on his debut.

cThe only solution is to just straight up give weak bullet to every class via gunslash.

No it's not.

"You're fired."

Sad part is, FF14 is currently doing this, but wants you to pay a sub during content drought.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2016, 05:45 PM
"You're fired."
I wonder how come they haven't even bothered to give XH to current free fields...

Maninbluejumpsuit
Jan 10, 2016, 05:52 PM
I wonder how come they haven't even bothered to give XH to current free fields...

-No point when there's no COs that demand XH specifically for older fields yet, and people wouldn't have bothered.
-People wouldave bitched about XH specific COs too soon after the XH debut.
-Absurd differences between experienced/geared players, and those that arent. Also is a major wake up call, and 'fuck you' to the idea of freedom of play choice for all to see.

Since we're all sufficiently drowning in 13*s, and super powered 12s/red weapons, weapon title bonuses, and class title bonuses, the SH->XH transition shouldn't be nearly as jarring as it wouldave been a year ago.

Ezodagrom
Jan 10, 2016, 05:58 PM
-No point when there's no COs that demand XH specifically for older fields yet, and people wouldn't have bothered.
Give each of the fields new types of stones. /SEGA

Ryziou
Jan 10, 2016, 06:02 PM

Where's my stone storage that isn't the Character storage?

final_attack
Jan 10, 2016, 07:41 PM
Say, did they say this is the only skills we got? :o

Can use Dead Approach for less PP, and S-Roll normals will regain PP anyway so I think it's really good.

Maybe you can change your gap close palette to combo with Aerial Shooting? or change JB to the Aerial Shoot Palette.

Heel Stab is interesting since it can be used midair too. Might be useful on Magatsu?

Actually, I set both DeadApproach / GrimBarrage, and using them depends on situation ^^;

> SatAim x3
> DeadApproach - ShiftPeriod x2
> GrimBarrage - ElderRebellion - BulletSquall
The other 3 .... I already posted it ^^;

Being able to maintain Te's Shifta is nice, giving them less pain to chase every one. I can help them maintain Shifta (StrikeGust's shift action) on other players too (around me at least). 0 PP cost for DoubleJump too ^^; Hence the JetBoots ^^;

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 10, 2016, 08:38 PM
Forgot that Heel Stab Kick sends you falling down, so I guess its use would primarily for mobbing.

No charge would make it more useful in TD, probably..

Edit: I only use 5 palletes: SP, GB, SA, ER 3x and Rifle
6th is for any PAs/Weapons that I want to play around with.

Traumin
Jan 10, 2016, 08:42 PM
Ooh, I'm liking that new Fo Ability...Might actually prove useful?

NoobSpectre
Jan 10, 2016, 09:21 PM

#thereisathingcalledadvancequest

TaigaUC
Jan 10, 2016, 09:51 PM
Lack of XH for normal means people have to do EQ or other event quests to get new stuff.
Couple that with their leaning heavily towards schedule-only stuff, and it's clearly their attempt at controlling dripfeed to extend game life as long as possible.
A lot of their design is about herding people into doing certain things at certain times, via incentives.
If they let people roam around too freely, they'd probably run into an issue with multis never filling up for a lot of things.
Like Vindictus, the last time I played it.

Rakurai
Jan 10, 2016, 10:59 PM
Ooh, I'm liking that new Fo Ability...Might actually prove useful?

I'm wondering if it'll let you double hit at point blank range by connecting with both the melee strike and the projectile, or if the skill disables the melee hitbox on rod swings.

Naska
Jan 11, 2016, 09:35 AM
#thereisathingcalledadvancequest

inb4 XHAQ, because why not?

Rupikachu
Jan 11, 2016, 09:50 AM
inb4 XHAQ, because why not?

Aren't they somewhat adding that? With those solo xq things?

Edit: Nvm i read XHXQ

Ce'Nedra
Jan 11, 2016, 10:26 AM
We have XHAQ though. It's called 50 Capsule Risk SHAQ. That's sega's way of adding XH to it.

wefwq
Jan 11, 2016, 10:50 AM
We have XHAQ though. It's called 50 Capsule Risk SHAQ. That's sega's way of adding XH to it.
still lack of g, h, i capsule and tier 3 stone though.

reaper527
Jan 11, 2016, 12:41 PM
still lack of g, h, i capsule and tier 3 stone though.

and? it's level 80 enemies. it's effectively xhaq. we don't need more caps cluttering our bank.

maybe we'll see a new type of cap when they get around to adding a new difficulty and we'll be doing uhaqs (ultra hard) or sxhaqs (super extra hard) or ahaqs (absurdly hard) or something.

isCasted
Jan 11, 2016, 03:03 PM
They can't really classify as fully-fledged lv80 enemies, because they have nerfed HP (lv80 Cyclonehdas in SHAQ feel like they have 1.5xHP of lv70 ones, compared to 4-6x in EQs) and don't drop 12* (why SEGA decided to make 12* drops from typical enemies based on quest and not enemy type/area is beyond me).

LonelyGaruga
Jan 11, 2016, 03:38 PM
All enemies in AQs suffer from nerfed HP (but that's an AQ problem), and the weapon drops available are exactly the same.

Zorafim
Jan 11, 2016, 04:20 PM
You do realize making WB owner only would mean that any boss EQ would be 12/12 pure Ra/anything or anything/Ra because in class versus class damage in MPAs it effectively means buffing any combination with WB by 2.55? I sure do love seeing how classes without WB come nowhere close near WB kill times on anything that has to do with solo boss killing. Now it will be the same in MPAs.

How telling is it that an ability that's designed to help the damage of every person of the group is so powerful, that even if it only effected one person it would still be better than any other skill you could get?

cheapgunner
Jan 11, 2016, 11:00 PM
How telling is it that an ability that's designed to help the damage of every person of the group is so powerful, that even if it only effected one person it would still be better than any other skill you could get?

That and with an extra skill that allows the use of another weapon while WB is loaded, and can load Wb and just sit on it while spamming PAs shows how much more versatile it is versus other skills that class gets.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 12, 2016, 12:31 AM
and? it's level 80 enemies. it's effectively xhaq. we don't need more caps cluttering our bank.

maybe we'll see a new type of cap when they get around to adding a new difficulty and we'll be doing uhaqs (ultra hard) or sxhaqs (super extra hard) or ahaqs (absurdly hard) or something.
but you won't complain about storage if those stones are tradeable for 13*'s right? cuz it's not like we're getting more storage soon or anything

Tunga
Jan 12, 2016, 12:50 AM
Between talis fast throw and one more jump. What would you consider more useless?

Ce'Nedra
Jan 12, 2016, 02:47 AM

They will still be upscaled SHAQ but now we need to pay 100 caps instead of 50 for 1 run :wacko:

cheapgunner
Jan 12, 2016, 09:14 AM
Between talis fast throw and one more jump. What would you consider more useless?

One more jump. Faster tails = faster casting which = better dps IMHO if your spamming tails repeatedly. One more jump seems kinda lame when they could have made a skill for additional jumps for like to 10-15 pp infinitely as a skill.

Naska
Jan 12, 2016, 09:25 AM
Or applied Elemental Burst on the double jump could be a better addition instead.

Zorak000
Jan 12, 2016, 09:37 AM
Talis fast throw is a good skill. The talis hits max range in time for the JA timing. Stop throwing your talis into geometry like a scrub

Naoya Kiriyama
Jan 12, 2016, 11:58 AM
Talis fast throw is a good skill. The talis hits max range in time for the JA timing. Stop throwing your talis into geometry like a scrub

Since when reaching max range in talis is a good thing? I thought the most sensible option was getting the talis in the sweet spot and zondeel mobs, something that fast throw is more of a hindrance than a helpful thing

Saagonsa
Jan 12, 2016, 12:06 PM
Yeah the biggest problem with fast throw is that its too fast. You can't use it at anything shorter than max range, which ruins one of the best parts about talis.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 12, 2016, 12:36 PM
One More Jump, assuming that it has no limit placed on the number of jumps enabled, actually allows for some neat defensive options with bosses, as every JB PA can be jump canceled barring Vinto. So it's not like it's useless or anything, just niche. For 1 SP it's really not bad.

Now if only a skill to JA off jumps was implemented, then OMJ would actually be pretty legit, if only for being cool (since DBs perform far better for bosses).

reaper527
Jan 12, 2016, 01:41 PM

tough call, but i'd have to say the goomba stomp.

Bellion
Jan 12, 2016, 01:55 PM
Clearly one more jump.

At least Talis Fast Throw does have a great use on a certain boss.
[SPOILER-BOX]www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMy7Sv-4CO4[/SPOILER-BOX]