PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 New Summoner Skill Tree translation

HonorVoided
Jan 12, 2016, 09:12 AM
Since I wasn't able to find a current translation of the summoner skill tree. I decided to do it myself... (due to the fact that I'm a new member and can't post images or links in forums yet, plz take out the spaces to go to links) (don't like to post in forums, reason why I never join)

A few notes: I was trying to translate "risutoreito" and was confused by it. did google translate and it was "list late" via translate... knew it was wrong, but couldn't think of anything else atm. Then I was like "wait, isn't there another skill like this?" Bo has elemental pp Restorate.
Also, I messed up on another translation. I did "Dire Master" when it should be "Dear Master" the skill kinda has the same meaning either way: Protection for Master.

htt p ://imgur . com/QUS0cDB
http : //imgu r. com/kQZ9pLJ
http : //imgur . com/Ede5kiP

plz say everything you would like.

Also, if anyone wants to re-post the links for me on this forum who has a better status than me, much appreciate.

arkeido
Jan 12, 2016, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the TL

For the others:
http://i.imgur.com/QUS0cDB.png
http://i.imgur.com/kQZ9pLJ.png
http://i.imgur.com/Ede5kiP.png

Looking at pet elemental weak hit...inb4 rainbow pets x3

Poyonche
Jan 12, 2016, 10:17 AM
Wonder if "Point Assist" is going to be the "WB like" Summoner is gettin (unverified tidbits on bumped.org )

Ce'Nedra
Jan 12, 2016, 10:21 AM
Mfw this skill tree is better right off the bat then Bouncer's ever was. GJ sega.

Dycize
Jan 12, 2016, 10:24 AM
There was a translation somewhere buried in the Summoner discussion thread in the gameplay section, and yup, that's pretty much it. This has to be the most simple skill tree ever.

About rainbow pets-
There's actually candies (specifically : ramunes) whose sole purpose is to change a pet's element once set in the candy box, so I wouldn't worry about that too much x]

And I also think Point Assist will be the "solo-WB" skill.
I mean, it's that or Pet Sympathy... Or Alter Ego. Who are the only active skills in there (pet switch strike/shoot aside).

Kondibon
Jan 12, 2016, 10:26 AM
Mfw this skill tree is better right off the bat then Bouncer's ever was. GJ sega.A-are you kidding? All the skills go into eachother in a straight line. This is the absolute epitome of unrelated prerequisites. And we don't even know what most of these skills do, or how effective they'll be in practice.

I mean, it's that or Pet Sympathy...Pet sympathy buffs your pet if you use a support tech they request or something.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 12, 2016, 10:30 AM
A-are you kidding? All the skills go into eachother in a straight line. This is the absolute epitome of unrelated prerequisites. And we don't even know what most of these skills do, or how effective they'll be in practice.

I'm more talking about actual useful skills and not the trash BO tree has that are a complete waste of points and you only take them because you have SP left over.

In terms of layout it pretty much goes back to how the game was at first I guess where every tree was more linear.

HonorVoided
Jan 12, 2016, 10:30 AM
A-are you kidding? All the skills go into eachother in a straight line. This is the absolute epitome of unrelated prerequisites. And we don't even know what most of these skills do, or how effective they'll be in practice.

Pet sympathy buffs your pet if you use a support tech they request or something.

Do note that this is subject to change... and these pictures came from a video that was released while they are testing the class around. So don't assume the worse yet.

Kondibon
Jan 12, 2016, 10:38 AM
I'm more talking about actual useful skills and not the trash BO tree has that are a complete waste of points and you only take them because you have SP left over.

In terms of layout it pretty much goes back to how the game was at first I guess where every tree was more linear.Oh, and which ones are useful? Like I said, we don't know what half of these do, or how effective they would be in practice. I'm not saying they're all terrible, just that we don't have enough information to decide if it's better than the Bo tree or not as far as skill usefulness.

And the layout is my biggest complaint, I KNOW that's how it was at first which is why it bothers me. They specifically went through the old skill trees and rearranged them so it would be less of an issue, but now they're making a new skill tree that's nothing BUT that. Those stat ups better be REALLY good if they're all the way at the bottom. >_>

Do note that this is subject to change... The chance of this changing before the class comes out is pretty slim. Like yeah, things can change, but this whole thing bothers me because they should have known better and it shouldn't be like that in the first place.

Xaelouse
Jan 12, 2016, 10:53 AM
BO have a bunch of skills that are very optional but have little worth to gameplay (and the trend still continues -looks at OMJ-)
There seems to be a lot more to summoner's gameplay to lead to actual necessities. Lots of focus on offense and keeping your pet alive, anyway. Not to mention the skill tree is the least of your worries with the other systems about.

sparab
Jan 12, 2016, 11:00 AM
Subclass grow up:
Increase your subclass EXP gain in quest (main class only)

Best skill, ever

Kondibon
Jan 12, 2016, 11:03 AM
BO have a bunch of skills that are very optional but have little worth to gameplay (and the trend still continues -looks at OMJ-)
There seems to be a lot more to summoner's gameplay to lead to actual necessities. Lots of focus on offense and keeping your pet alive, anyway. Not to mention the skill tree is the least of your worries with the other systems about.Well I'm not quitting the game over it. It just kinda bothers me enough to write strongly worded paragraphs on a forum while I'm bored. x:

Azure Falcon
Jan 12, 2016, 12:10 PM
Subclass grow up:
Increase your subclass EXP gain in quest (main class only)

Best skill, ever

Most pointless skill ever, you mean. Unless they completely remove the cap on levelling up a subclass. Why would anyone waste a point on that and then sub a class that probably doesn't work well with Summoner just to get it to level 55 a bit quicker?

HonorVoided
Jan 12, 2016, 12:19 PM
I'm going to say some open thoughts i have on this. So you can agree, disagree, or whatever to them. Am I'm going by the pso blog on some of these assumptions.

With the looks of Mirage Escape (force or techer ability) and how the "Switches" are to the other damage types, I can safely say that summoner will be Tech base. At least starting tech base, switches will change that to other attack types. And depending on the pet, that pet will have certain attack type. So your damages are pretty much depending on what pet you have, on my assumption. Yes there is a "All Attack Bonus" but that's pretty much a round way of adding to any type of attack you will preform.

HP Restorate - The only ability on any skill tree that has "Restorate" by name is Bo elemental pp restorate, which restores pp if you attack the enemy with their elemental weakness. Now the HP restore doesn't say elemental in is... so this ability is a possible "restore hp as you attack." There are other abilities out there that can restore HP, but none of them have "Restorate" in their name.

Pet Sympathy -boost HP+Damage for when you fulfill requests (cast shifta, resta, etc. when they "ask" for it) This suggests to me that you will be able to perform as a support type to your pet and that this is going to be similar to a support type class. Harmonize up and other abilities will further assist in helping your pet.

Point assist + support fire. This says to me that you just putting points towards support techs. and possibly something more with pet sympathy. I highly doubt that it has something to do with WB like attack that there is an assumption on.

pet recovery+ reserve recovery - this looks like you get to recover your pets hp even while it's in "reserve"... and this is also saying "pokemon" to me. Store one pet somewhere while the other one fights.

elemantal weak hit+ pp restore - looks similar to Bo.

alter ego - now this is a complete mystery to me. could have something to further with the WB talks. If it does have something with the WB talks, then it probably is aligned with elemental weak hit. Don't know.

I like the idea of restoring hp as you attack. Of course, it may not entirely be that way.

HonorVoided
Jan 12, 2016, 12:30 PM
Most pointless skill ever, you mean. Unless they completely remove the cap on levelling up a subclass. Why would anyone waste a point on that and then sub a class that probably doesn't work well with Summoner just to get it to level 55 a bit quicker?

What if you have a class that you do not want to play around with their weapons and skill sets, but want the advantage of point you can get from it? For me, I don't want to touch hunter, but I want it's skill tree for points to benefit from. I don't mind hitting the lvl cap, I wouldn't be playing it past lvl 55 anyway since I really don't want to touch it. So this skill is pretty nice to have. And for some, it will be a quicker way of lvling. (that is, if you like started all over kinda thing) And summoner pretty much takes that advantage of any subclass, since you can attack in any R,S,T -attack.

Imagine Su/Ra... oh the potential.

sparab
Jan 12, 2016, 12:37 PM
Why would anyone waste a point on that and then sub a class that probably doesn't work well with Summoner just to get it to level 55 a bit quicker?

Genius just level for the sake of leveling (HuRa)

alter ego

Replicate a huge and a flat chest clone of yourself

Poyonche
Jan 12, 2016, 01:06 PM
Pet assist

Isn't it "Point Assist" ? :wacko:

HonorVoided
Jan 12, 2016, 01:19 PM
Replicate a huge and a flat chest clone of yourself

well, if you put it that way... transform your pet into a op monster for a limited time. end XD

Isn't it "Point Assist" ? :wacko:

I believe there was a reason why I failed english....

Poyonche
Jan 12, 2016, 01:33 PM
An "Alter Ego", at least in french, is a "Person who has the confidence of another and can replace it in all circumstances.".

What could it be ? Maybe sending your pet to Dudu instead of you.

Kondibon
Jan 12, 2016, 01:37 PM
What if you have a class that you do not want to play around with their weapons and skill sets, but want the advantage of point you can get from it?

Do what people do now? Don't like playing hunter, play Hu/Br or Hu/Fi with Hu usable versions of their weapons. Want to level Te but don't want to wand whack and do melee? Te/Fo. The list goes on.

Unless the skill makes the exp gain at LEAST 100% for sub classes and the level limit for subclass exp is removed I can't think of any possible use you'd get out of this in the long term.

And of course there's also the issue of "why is this on one class anyway" like craft mastery.

reaper527
Jan 12, 2016, 01:59 PM
What if you have a class that you do not want to play around with their weapons and skill sets, but want the advantage of point you can get from it?

then you throw all the free exp tickets that you get for logging in at the class. i've gotten somewhere around 2m worth of free experience from tickets since they changed the login bonuses over the summer. also, multiclass weapons are a thing.

it sucks that such a stupid skill is cluttering the tree instead of something useful taking that slot. at least "summoner mag" would have had some extremely niche usage, unlike this junk skill which is completely worthless.

HonorVoided
Jan 12, 2016, 03:14 PM
Do what people do now? Don't like playing hunter, play Hu/Br or Hu/Fi with Hu usable versions of their weapons. Want to level Te but don't want to wand whack and do melee? Te/Fo. The list goes on.

Unless the skill makes the exp gain at LEAST 100% for sub classes and the level limit for subclass exp is removed I can't think of any possible use you'd get out of this in the long term.

And of course there's also the issue of "why is this on one class anyway" like craft mastery.
... and then take a longer time to lvl you stuff. Honestly, we don't know what % the skill puts in and/or whatnot. However, has there been only one skill that gives more than 50% of anything? 1? 2? And no, I'm not talking about a combo of skills. I'm talking about one skill in general. There are a few i can think of but they are a pretty limited amount of them. Every point, every % is a part of something in this game. Whether you accept something like this or not is up to you. But I can say that it is not worthless.

then you throw all the free exp tickets that you get for logging in at the class. i've gotten somewhere around 2m worth of free experience from tickets since they changed the login bonuses over the summer. also, multiclass weapons are a thing.

it sucks that such a stupid skill is cluttering the tree instead of something useful taking that slot. at least "summoner mag" would have had some extremely niche usage, unlike this junk skill which is completely worthless.

yeah... 2m.... that's enough to make a lvl 60 to a lvl 61, I believe. I would use those tickets after I hit the lvl cap for sub lvling. Yes multiclass weapons are a thing, if you want to do weak attacks and not craft you weapons and so on. You can craft a multiclass weapon, just hope you have the money, material, and good enough chance to do so. As for gunslash, why would I use that? There is a possibility that I can have an exp tree and then a summoner tree. Buying another skill tree hasn't hurt anyone yet.

Having 1 point on a skill that increases exp on your sub... Look out everyone, it just only requires 1 point for something that can help you. It's totally ok if you don't put the point on it, but I'm telling you it's not "Completely Worthless." The worth of something is only what you see in value. When I started playing, I've been told how braver's mag is completely useless. Now, I find braver's mag very useful. How useful this can be? We don't know yet.

Summoner's mag? now how would that go? the amount of dex your mag has, be split into SRT- att for 33% on each of them? granted that wouldn't be bad, but I would use a Pure T-att mag since the t-att can be switched to s-att or r-att. Of course, we don't know if the skill is % or whatnot.

Manta Oyamada
Jan 12, 2016, 03:52 PM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2015/12/151225a.html

Dycize
Jan 12, 2016, 04:10 PM
This link has nothing new but it made me realise that the all def up skills also include abl/dex. It'll probably stay overlooked in favor of other skills, but it's there?

For some reason I'm getting the feeling that SU is thought of as a beginner's class.
Super simple skill tree, no JA with pets, maybe subclass exp boost, a skill that feels like it could be straight up HP regen, super armor while using mates (which is silly because SU's most likely a tech class and can resta), damage boost to everything, skill to boost PB. Candies don't have grind down effects while grinding (or it's not implemented at the time of videos... there's an item slot to boost chances, but only that slot, also no grind down line appears at all).

Sounds like a class to ease up into the game. Hope it won't hold it back too much at higher levels. I'm mostly worried about the few skills that appear to increase damage... Outside of actives, there's just all attack bonus and pet EWH basically, as far as we can guess.

Azure Falcon
Jan 12, 2016, 04:15 PM

Stack high exp client orders until you're about level 50, then spam through the endless supply of exp tickets everyone is sitting on at this point. After that just hand all your future COs in with that class. On the day Bouncer came out I'd got it almost up to SH difficulty without even using it once, and that was before EXP tickets.

starwind75043
Jan 12, 2016, 05:59 PM
I tend to go my own pace. I probably will not touch it until i had chance to review other peoples experience with it. Ill just casually lvl it until 70 then ill actually work on it

untrustful
Jan 12, 2016, 06:08 PM
Stack high exp client orders until you're about level 50, then spam through the endless supply of exp tickets everyone is sitting on at this point. After that just hand all your future COs in with that class. On the day Bouncer came out I'd got it almost up to SH difficulty without even using it once, and that was before EXP tickets.

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Or are exp tickets nerfed at lower levels?

Azure Falcon
Jan 12, 2016, 06:53 PM
Shouldn't it be the other way around? Or are exp tickets nerfed at lower levels?

You're correct, my mistake, exp tickets would be better since they are fixed regardless. Switch those two then, burn the tickets and then turn in COs once you get to the threshold that they stop being nerfed. That said, if you're crafty with what COs you turn in and when, you can severely minimise the exp loss to the point where it only ends up costing a couple of levels over turning them in at a higher starting point.

Poyonche
Jan 13, 2016, 09:47 AM
Alter Ego : Active for a limited time only (like Rapid Boost or PBF for example), increase your pets damages but in counterpart you'll receive the damages that your pet takes (and he will take them too).

Point Assist will, somehow, be a private WB like for your pets. The much your pet Attack the mark, the more the damage increase, with a cap i guess (and i hope).

And, according to G-Heaven, HP Restorate may works like this : When HP reach a certain value, the effect will trigger and then your health with recover gradually

Xaelouse
Jan 13, 2016, 11:00 AM
Oh, Alter Ego is more interesting than I thought. Despite pets possibly not having JA, Hunter's automate alone may still make it a viable subclass candidate

Kondibon
Jan 13, 2016, 11:07 AM
Alter ego sounds like a good way to get yourself killed if pets don't have any i-frames.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 13, 2016, 12:38 PM
Just use Megiverse.

Raujinn
Jan 13, 2016, 12:43 PM
Has it been said yet how pets behave without a baton or if they're even usable at all? I assume you need a baton to command the pet at least, but I don't recall using a pet at all without a baton being clarified.

Su as a viable subclass for say, Hu, still sorta remains in the numbers and if the loss of Brave/Wise and PP Slayer can be made up for by other things. I hope that thing isn't damage, because that would be kind of broken as fuck. I imagine it's a complete no-go if you cant even use the pet given how many skills are dependent on the pet heh.

Poyonche
Jan 13, 2016, 01:12 PM
As Summoner has things like All Attack Bonus, I'm sure Fighter could be a good subclass, if Stances works for pets. :wacko:

Sandmind
Jan 13, 2016, 01:13 PM
All we know so far is that you can give the command of normal attack to the pet once and it will keep bashing the same target while you sit there. So the best case scenario is allowing it to stay up while you swap to an another weapon.

But since SU is a tech using class, they're probably meant to cast tech with their batons anyways. So even if pet aren't allowed outside of their pokeball without a baton in hand, you still get access to tech as a HUSU in your case and what look like damage boosting skills that apply to melee without needing a rainbow set of weapons.

Edit: FI does sound like a good sub, but at the very least, GU should be confirmed to at least work, since PK, and even main class High Time, affect zanverse of all thing.

reaper527
Jan 14, 2016, 03:36 PM
yeah... 2m.... that's enough to make a lvl 60 to a lvl 61, I believe.

if you're going from 60 -> 61, you've already surpassed the point where a subclass can't gain exp anymore.

for the levels where a subclass gets exp still, 2m actually is a relevant amount of exp.

Yes multiclass weapons are a thing, if you want to do weak attacks and not craft you weapons and so on. You can craft a multiclass weapon, just hope you have the money, material, and good enough chance to do so.

and for any exp after you hit the subclass level cap, you still have to do this. the subclass exp skill doesn't negate that. it just gets you to a low level slightly quicker. you still have to play that class for the bulk of the experience it will need.

Having 1 point on a skill that increases exp on your sub... Look out everyone, it just only requires 1 point for something that can help you. It's totally ok if you don't put the point on it, but I'm telling you it's not "Completely Worthless."

you can say that it's not completely worthless, but you'd be wrong. it's a garbage skill, and it's a shame that we didn't get a useful 1 point skill (or multi point skill) in it's place.

it's not as simple as saying "just don't take the skill if you don't like it", it's the fact that sega could have put something useful in that position.

Dycize
Jan 14, 2016, 04:33 PM
Oh by the way, on the new ep4 dengeki scans, there's a couple pet skills that have appeared.
Wanda's got a skill that affects its damage depending on weather changes (can't make it out properly, but basically : weather skill!) and the other one is basically iron will + never give up etc combo (chance to survive a fatal hit, damage boost *and* invincibility all in one).
Torim's skills are the +damage on status effect mobs and the +PA damage +PP cost one.
Sully's got one that increases its PP regen on basic attacks and the other is... Can't really make it out, but it takes effect when it's healed.

I'm not seeing much choice there... Torim's pretty obvious, altho with SU being very likely a caster, SEs shouldn't be too hard. Same for Sully, more PP is good (altho maybe the heal one is good, I have no idea). Wanda will depend on the weather skill's exact effect, but the iron will-like one is quite the package.

KLMS1
Jan 14, 2016, 04:37 PM
it's not as simple as saying "just don't take the skill if you don't like it", it's the fact that sega could have put something useful in that position.

I wasn't aware skilltree space was such a zero-sum proposition.

Rakurai
Jan 14, 2016, 06:39 PM
I'd like to hope Summoner pets function the same way they do for puppet characters in fighters in that they can't actually be damaged unless they're away from their master.

Selphea
Jan 14, 2016, 07:05 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hVE0p4vTd8 At 3:04 it shows the Summoner casting techs

That means Su/Br pet normal attack - pet Ilbarta x 5, switch to Bow, Banish and Ilbarta x 2 should be possible, the multipliers likely won't be too good, but the pet allows for PP management.