PDA

View Full Version : Which Bullet Bow's are you RA/BR People Using?

Elendanis
Jan 12, 2016, 03:08 PM
I'm at a complete loss as to which to go for, the 12* bows don't see super impressive and I'm not sure if I should craft an 11* bow or not.

Flaoc
Jan 12, 2016, 10:31 PM
more like dont play rabr anymore its days are gone

edit: besides taco/ta which mil below said

milranduil
Jan 12, 2016, 10:33 PM
ra/br is a taco/ta only class atm. Nasuyoteri is what is used, mostly.

Kayarine
Jan 13, 2016, 02:07 AM
(Vibras Bow gives a 20% boost in damage to Darkers, and is easier to get)

Basic darker racial latent is only 13%.

TaigaUC
Jan 13, 2016, 03:03 AM
Yeah, for Ra/Br I'm still using Vibras/Biblas Bow.
But everyone says there isn't much point to Ra/Br Bow now.
I haven't been using it much either.

Various reasons:
- Game leaning towards main-only content, such as 13 stars and main-only skills.
- Rifle is super strong now, to the point of somewhat phasing out Bow (or so I'm told).
- Other weapons are probably strong enough now to flatten most enemies before you can get off a Chase Arrow -> Banish -> Nemesis.
- Probably something else that's not coming to mind right now.

Elendanis
Jan 13, 2016, 07:00 AM
Yeah, for Ra/Br I'm still using Vibras/Biblas Bow.
But everyone says there isn't much point to Ra/Br Bow now.
I haven't been using it much either.

Various reasons:
- Game leaning towards main-only content, such as 13 stars and main-only skills.
- Rifle is super strong now, to the point of somewhat phasing out Bow (or so I'm told).
- Other weapons are probably strong enough now to flatten most enemies before you can get off a Chase Arrow -> Banish -> Nemesis.
- Probably something else that's not coming to mind right now.

I honestly had no idea that RA/BR was obsolete. I was under the impression that BR/RA was the one that no one used anymore. Well shit. I REALLY enjoy using the bow like, a lot. : <

Elendanis
Jan 13, 2016, 01:38 PM
ra/br is a taco/ta only class atm. Nasuyoteri is what is used, mostly.

Is there anything that you could recommend to me that is currently accepted? I have been out of the loop for like 6 months and I really enjoy bow play.

Dammy
Jan 13, 2016, 02:08 PM
BR/HU with 13* and Bullet Bow Charge Bonus
you can get 1 mil damage without WB or CT, kamikaze is that op

milranduil
Jan 13, 2016, 02:34 PM
BR/HU with 13* and Bullet Bow Charge Bonus
you can get 1 mil damage without WB or CT, kamikaze is that op

this. keep in mind bow is meant for bossing, it's mobbing is very weak, so get a 13* katana too.

Vintasticvin
Jan 13, 2016, 03:46 PM
If you enjoy Bullet Bows eff the masses and stick with it :3 until you decide to play outside of friends and go into public play but Bows should still be good for boss EQs right guys? Riiight?

AmanoMai
Jan 14, 2016, 12:51 AM
If you enjoy Bullet Bows eff the masses and stick with it :3 until you decide to play outside of friends and go into public play but Bows should still be good for boss EQs right guys? Riiight?

organized boss EQs

it's meh in pub mpa

TaigaUC
Jan 14, 2016, 01:55 AM
The thing with going Ra in pubs is there's always a chance nobody will use WB, and use it properly.
So even if I want to use Bow, I preload WB just in case.
If there's someone else doing WB and they're doing it properly, I just leave it up to them.
Even if I call out how many bullets I have left, sometimes someone else will just keep applying WB quietly.
If they won't give it up, then I do. Unless they suck, of course. Then I will overwrite.
If nobody applies WB when they should, then I will switch to WB.

Anyway, I'm currently messing with Br/Ra.
Orbit Bow, and Invade Katana. Guren Tessen still seems to hit decently hard.
Katana Guren Tessen is currently awesome.
If you're ranged focus you can still use Katana Combat (if you spec for it) for AOE, and Guren Tessen for travel.

Br/Hu should also work well. You'd get War Cry but lose grenades.
You could always use Gravity Point instead, though.
People keep telling me that Banish Kamikaze is amazing damage, even if you're Katana main.

It's not so much that Ra/Br is completely obsolete, but they aren't as effective as they were before.
If you really enjoy Bow then you should probably just go with Braver main and get a 13 star Bow.

Ideal Bow is probably the way to go if you're focusing on bosses.
Gryphon can drop a Bow, but I don't know if it's good. Never had it drop myself.
Invade Bow isn't hard to get, but suffers from large damage variance. Maybe decent if you're Br/Hu?
Orbit Bow has fast regen, recommended latent type 1 to regenerate when sheathed (just start running, or use a lobby action).
Ares is super easy to farm now. 60 stones for a 20 element Ares. you get maybe 3 per Anga kill?

AmanoMai
Jan 14, 2016, 02:49 AM
It's not so much that Ra/Br is completely obsolete, but they aren't as effective as they were before.

well, they're still the same as before, really

it's just that there are better options since various buff to Ra main and rifles so that there's little reasons to pick up a bow as an alternative

but if you like using a bow, go ahead, they're still doing their job

Ares is super easy to farm now. 60 stones for a 20 element Ares. you get maybe 3 per Anga kill?

that's stretching it abit
I farmed for about 500 stones now
it could drop anywhere from 0->4 stones (never got 5)
even with 250% rdr and 250points farm it can still drop 0, frequently 1-2 stones, and sometimes 3
4 being very rare

you could say it drop 1.5 stones on average? don't quote me on that though

TaigaUC
Jan 14, 2016, 02:58 AM
Yeah, I mean aren't as effective in comparison to all the other stuff going on.

I guess it's just Dio Hunar that drops about 3 then.
I haven't seen Anga for ages myself.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Dammy
Jan 14, 2016, 03:47 AM
3-4 stones per anga is not that rare
i've seen 5 stones few times
make sure you got S rank and proper boosts on

rank makes huge difference, Ares weps are easier to 60 att than Xie 2015 badges lol

LegoRappy
Jan 15, 2016, 12:47 AM
Im still kinda confilcted which potential to go for on an Orbital bow..

I feel when im in an EQ fighting boss's pot2 seems better but for in general use you cannot argue with pot1's fast(er) regen, as someone said, you regen PP when hitting anyways.. What did you guys put on your bows?

However thinking back to my play style, a majority of the time i am 'hitting' or atleast unsheathed so maybe pot2...

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 15, 2016, 02:38 AM
^Get Potential 1: 機動応変・一式

It complements Rapid Shoot very nicely:

At max potential unlocked:

When sheathed, PP recovery increases by 180%; when unsheathed, natural PP recovery halts. However, when attacking, PP recovery increases by 60% and damage increases by 13%.

Edit: I got potential 1 on bow, for main-ing Katana BrHu.

LegoRappy
Jan 15, 2016, 06:07 AM
Oh wow i must have missed the 'when attacking PP recovery increases by 60%'. Okay my mind is made up now, thank you for the help :)

TaigaUC
Jan 15, 2016, 07:18 AM
I went with potential 1 as well.

akitalevia
Jan 15, 2016, 10:54 PM
How is Edel Arrow compared to other 13 star bullet bows during Rapid Shoot?

(I have Divine Raikou too)

milranduil
Jan 16, 2016, 09:41 PM
How is Edel Arrow compared to other 13 star bullet bows during Rapid Shoot?

(I have Divine Raikou too)

Almost on ideal bow level during rapid shoot. It's a good filler, but orbit/austere is still advised (I personally wouldn't get ideal bow anymore with orbit existing).

TaigaUC
Jan 17, 2016, 12:11 AM
I think JP friend told me to just have either Edel or Raikou for the Rapid Shoot latent.
I'm assuming you can switch to get the bonus and then switch back.

milranduil
Jan 17, 2016, 12:55 AM
I think JP friend told me to just have either Edel or Raikou for the Rapid Shoot latent.
I'm assuming you can switch to get the bonus and then switch back.

You can chase x 3 and activate rapid with raikou, then switch to edel/any bow to do combo (does not need camo to keep chase).

Achelousaurus
Jan 17, 2016, 11:31 AM
3-4 stones per anga is not that rare
i've seen 5 stones few times
make sure you got S rank and proper boosts on

rank makes huge difference, Ares weps are easier to 60 att than Xie 2015 badges lol
On the other hand, I've seen 0 stones with 350% rare boost quite often. And never got more than 2. It's all rng and I know a number of other people that didn't get stones easily either.

BTW, what's the easiest Banish combo? As usual, I am sick of relying on ai luck with enemies deciding to start and finish an attack while I am in the middle of nemesis or charging kamikaze (and when I do the latter they love to randomly walk away).
I want something (even if pp inefficient) that is an almost guaranteed success so I don't have to worry about enemy ai screwing it up.

Dammy
Jan 17, 2016, 11:39 AM
massive hunter makes your kamikaze pretty guaranteed, just remember when to do it

AmanoMai
Jan 17, 2016, 11:44 AM
likewise, massive hunter is required if you want to use banish->kamikaze

it's the only bow PA that uses striking multiplier so there isn't a better combo for BrHu

PAs like nemesis...etc are still usable, i guess, but it'll be weaker

just have your timing right