PDA

View Full Version : Layered Wear Costumes are for specific costumes only(?)

AmanoMai
Jan 17, 2016, 05:37 AM
So from the news updates
about how they're mentioning there'll be "Layered Wear supported costumes" in the new AC scratch
makes me wonder why do they have to specifically mention that, unless it means that not all costumes will be supported

so our old costumes are still the same? probably

I was glad when they introduce the new "system" but if this is how it's really going to be then
screw you sega

Totori
Jan 17, 2016, 05:39 AM
Not all will be, only a few will be made as Layered, the old outfits will still work in the same manner.

Xaeris
Jan 17, 2016, 05:40 AM
It's a pretty safe bet that they won't retroactively apply the changes to existing outfits; this is just the new paradigm going forward. Also, I imagine that collaboration outfits will remain one pieces as they are now, since the use rights are particular about that, for whatever reason.

If we're lucky, in a year or two down the line, when Sega is strapped for ideas, they'll go back and revise some of the older outfits to release with new scratches. Please look forward to- oh, wrong game.

landman
Jan 17, 2016, 05:42 AM
If we're lucky, in a year or two down the line, when Sega is strapped for ideas, they'll go back and revise some of the older outfits to release with new scratches. Please look forward to- oh, wrong game.
A year? I doubt they will wait that much.

KLMS1
Jan 17, 2016, 05:45 AM
A year? I doubt they will wait that much.

Indeed, sounds like the perfect excuse to sell even moar AC scratches.

Nyansan
Jan 17, 2016, 07:33 AM
To be fair, layered wear would be a pretty good excuse to implement/revamp more 'ARKS' themed stuff (for the peeps who keep complaining about outfits not being 'PSO2' enough)

TaigaUC
Jan 17, 2016, 09:24 AM
It's as I predicted.

I don't see why inner wear wouldn't work with old outfits though.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 09:28 AM
It's as I predicted.

I don't see why inner wear wouldn't work with old outfits though.
But I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't.Some of the inner wear is more than just different textures so that might be why.

Sayara
Jan 17, 2016, 09:59 AM
Some of the inner wear is more than just different textures so that might be why.

Would say also alot of the old outfits that are skirts have their own textured pants as well and no bra. So it'd like mesh two different types of underwear on top of each other. Making for a bad time. (Who wears 2 pairs of underwear on top of each other!?)

Kondibon
Jan 17, 2016, 10:05 AM
(Who wears 2 pairs of underwear on top of each other!?)
I wear sweat pants like underwear in the winter, does that count? :wacko:

But yeah, I'm sure main reason is just plain old incompatibility. I wouldn't mind getting some old outfits redone as layered wear though.

KLMS1
Jan 17, 2016, 10:06 AM
Would say also alot of the old outfits that are skirts have their own textured pants as well and no bra. So it'd like mesh two different types of underwear on top of each other. Making for a bad time. (Who wears 2 pairs of underwear on top of each other!?)

Superman wears his undies over longjohns! :-x

Anduril
Jan 17, 2016, 01:23 PM
If rights usage doesn't cause too much issue, I can see future collab outfits being Base Layer costumes, like the PSO2 anime costumes coming with the Blu-ray.