PDA

View Full Version : Returning, looking for suggestions on classes ( most viable)

Sayomi Tsukiko
Jan 21, 2016, 05:52 AM
Hello~

I'm a returning player from ship one and looking for for suggestions on classes to play. I've been following the PSO series since I was little (PSO was my first big game) to PSU and then PSO2 off and on.

I'm currently a level 71 Braver/Ranger (just leveled a few times these recent days) with a 200 R-ATK mag, with most the other classes leveled between 10-50. I enjoy the bullet bow gameplay alot but have been told and seen many things saying its pretty much obsolete nowadays, which is fine. I have 1000 AC a friend gave me some time ago still and dont mind buying a second mag with it. However I'm looking to fine a good class combo thats (most) viable for most endgame content and whatnot.

I enjoy all playstyles, melee ranged tech or whatever, so I dont have a ton of preference. I also dont mind mechanical difficulties or learning curves, so no preference there either :> Just want suggestions on what classes are best worth devoting my time to, Thanks! <3

Selphea
Jan 21, 2016, 05:55 AM
Br/Ra is fine - pretty good on bosses in fact. Just Banish and mash Penetrate. Bow has always been weak on mobs but there's always Gunslash or a multiclass Launcher.

SlN
Jan 21, 2016, 06:05 AM
Br/Ra is fine - pretty good on bosses in fact. Just Banish and mash Penetrate. Bow has always been weak on mobs but there's always Gunslash or a multiclass Launcher.

Gravity Bomb and Pen Arrow is fine for mobs

Z-0
Jan 21, 2016, 06:25 AM
Go FoTe.

It's pretty much the best class for a lot of things currently. Other classes have uses but FoTe does the most by far.

Infinity Series
Jan 21, 2016, 06:45 AM
BRRA with bow is ok. You can also try BRHU with Katana, you just need to level up your hunter. Currently the easiest class to play with.

Or try FoTe like mentioned above, but you need to spend more for weapon and skill tree if you want to maximize FoTe potential.

Lostbob117
Jan 21, 2016, 09:44 AM
Any class is fine as long as you have the right sub class for it.

Sayomi Tsukiko
Jan 21, 2016, 10:43 AM
I'm glad to see the bows not completely useless after all :> I'll have to try out the photon arts you guys are talking about, I tend to use Final nemesis Master shot and million storm for most everything atm, so will need to practice with that a bit if I stay with it.

Whats making FoTe so strong? I've noticed a bunch of strong Forces using Ilgrants I think it is and wrecking, could anyone point me to a guild or give me some tips because I think I'll be testing it out :>

(And yes I LOVE the bow for bossing, but it the mobbing that bad? Million storm seems to eat through move groups)

sparab
Jan 21, 2016, 11:23 AM
Despite bow is a shooting weapon, you may want to use BrHu instead of BrRa for maximum damage.

Banish>kamikaze*2 or banish>trickzero does much more damage than banish>pene/nemesis, and they count as strike attack which do not gain any benefit from Ra skills. Plus automate and massive hunter to charge safely in chaotic situations.

Great Pan
Jan 21, 2016, 07:03 PM
Anything with Hunter, that is all.

jooozek
Jan 21, 2016, 07:39 PM
Whats making FoTe so strong? I've noticed a bunch of strong Forces using Ilgrants I think it is and wrecking, could anyone point me to a guild or give me some tips because I think I'll be testing it out :>

ilgrants is just awful for damage, you use it to panic bieber, and that's pretty much it

sparab
Jan 21, 2016, 09:43 PM
"ilgrants is indeed a really stronk light magic best to be used with rods. it instant kill XH damoth and hit bosses from miles away while laughing at those losers getting face slapped"

Saagonsa
Jan 21, 2016, 09:50 PM
A non-JAd rafoie can kill a XH damoth, and bossing would be better done with a talis using ragrants.

TheAstarion
Jan 22, 2016, 04:21 PM
RABR, BRRA, RAHU all good for r-atk user

Chase Arrow is both good for adding to banish combos anytime you have more PP than enemies to attack, and terrible at all other times. When in doubt, skip it.

End Attract is such an amazingly powerful rifle PA that I'm astonished it hasn't been nerfed yet. Can one shot SH Rodos with WB (so 3 shot counting harpoon I guess?), not tried on XH-levelled ones.

GU has never been the same since sroll got nerfed. Twice. While RAGU technically has more multipliers available, RAHU and even RABR is more reliable in terms of general Ranger usage. RABR also gets most of the bow tree plus Ranger's main class sharpshooter if you don't have 13* bow.

Superia
Jan 22, 2016, 04:31 PM
GU has never been the same since sroll got nerfed. Twice.

Dunno mang, Gu/Ra is a really powerful bosser and doesn't struggle while mobbing unlike most R-Atk builds. Then Br/Gu is still probably the most broken thing at bosses due to CT/Banish.

Flaoc
Jan 22, 2016, 04:35 PM
lolwut.. rabr is useless outside of TA and brra is also outclassed in what it excels at.. stick with rahu for dedicated ranger stuff (br sub could be leveled for taco if u truly desire)

femme fatale
Jan 22, 2016, 04:36 PM
GU has never been the same since sroll got nerfed. Twice.
Sub Ra and forget the GuHu infinite fire spam days

sparab
Jan 22, 2016, 04:48 PM
RAGU

Don't know if people use such god-send class combo just for level leech or chain launcher

Flaoc
Jan 22, 2016, 04:56 PM
Don't know if people use such god-send class combo just for level leech or chain launcher

on my gura alt id be more likely to do tacos with ragu rather than gura and id really rather not take the time to level hu or br sub though i might one of these days who knows.

in the end ragu = inferior rahu for taco stuff but viable if you dont have hu or br sub for that one specific purpose (also heard about ragu used on arks gp gal gryph but probs remembering wrong)

Charmeleon
Jan 22, 2016, 05:20 PM
Ra/Gu is the best class combo for rifle chains (pretty much limited to EA vs falz and Gryphon TA) but not much else really. The only advantage it has over Gu/Ra for that is that Sharpshooter is way easier to proc than max bonus from High Time.

Selphea
Jan 22, 2016, 05:33 PM
Whoa did I travel back in time to 2014?

KLMS1
Jan 22, 2016, 07:07 PM
Whoa did I travel back in time to 2014?

You did. With the power of ~INTERNET*MAGIC~ and PHOTONS, SON.