PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 ARKS Publicity Squad - EP4 & PS4! SP (Live broadcast)

Manta Oyamada
Jan 22, 2016, 05:55 PM
Come see the ARKS Publicity Squad in a special live broadcast in Nico Nico. In this Live broadcast, the six members of the squad, Yua Saito, Shigeki Nakanishi, Akiyuki Nasu (Nasu Nakanishi), Airi Shimizu and Yui Hasegawa will play the Reborn: EPISODE4 on PlayStation 4!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AjK6nuLO-Uo/VqIfpPhgZLI/AAAAAAAAqWg/R9wXhhoZgGo/s512-Ic42/PSO2%2525E3%252582%2525A2%2525E3%252583%2525BC%252 5E3%252582%2525AF%2525E3%252582%2525B9%2525E5%2525 BA%252583%2525E5%2525A0%2525B1%2525E9%25259A%25258 A.jpg

This Live broadcast will be really fun and a lot of information. In addition, viewers can interact with members of the Squad.

February 6th @ 19:00 ~ 22: 00 JST (Time Zone Converter (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=PSO2+ARKS+Promotion+Squad++-+Live+Broadcast&iso=20160206T19&p1=248&ah=3))
Watch via NicoNico (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv249633446)

Reward Corner

Introduction the Reward Plans that will be created by members of the Squad.
Lobby Actions created by members Yua Saito and Shimizu Airi.
The voice of Yui Hasegawa will be implemented in the game and the Nakanishi Nasu may go to Brazil :-???

Variety Corner

Introduction of new sweets to the ARCS Café menu.
Other things of no importance

PS4 Gameplay

The Squad members will play the Episode 4 in PS4.
They will enjoy the most beautiful version graphically of PSO2, which is currently in the PS4.
They will play in the Tokyo area (Planet Earth)
They will play with the new class Summoner and also the new History of Episode 4.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For people who were not on the livestream

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfLEvJBGir4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TaigaUC
Feb 4, 2016, 10:28 PM
Bumping.

wefwq
Feb 4, 2016, 10:35 PM
Brazil for earth second map :^)

Zeroem
Feb 4, 2016, 11:37 PM
Well, this broadcast also coincide with ARKS Manzai video that would be played(?) tomorrow.

Other than that and the graphical showoff, does this broadcast have anything for the PC/VITA version?

wefwq
Feb 5, 2016, 12:10 AM
Well, this broadcast also coincide with ARKS Manzai video that would be played(?) tomorrow.

Other than that and the graphical showoff, does this broadcast have anything for the PC/VITA version?
Probably not much to note, they usually saving good stuff to show for main broadcast.

TaigaUC
Feb 6, 2016, 04:51 AM
Starting in 9 minutes.

oratank
Feb 6, 2016, 05:02 AM
no youtube this time?

TaigaUC
Feb 6, 2016, 08:05 AM
They showed off the PS4 este, lots of layered wear stuff.
Hope the prices aren't as ridiculous as the current scratch.
And that the shoes don't look like an abomination.

sesiom000
Feb 6, 2016, 10:17 AM
Did anyone get this recording on youtube?

Sp-24
Feb 6, 2016, 10:19 AM
I doubt anything will change regarding the prices. Outer wear is as cheap as costumes, base wear and underwear are about what you'd expect from a consumable. And underwear has always been ridiculously expensive - just go and look for some stockings.

TaigaUC
Feb 6, 2016, 12:11 PM
It also depends on how many people are buying scratch.
I get the impression that this scratch was not very popular.
Fishnets, for example, never dropped below 3m.
It also looked like there was never much stock for the popular basewear.

Next scratch should be much more popular.
I think some people are actually waiting for the next scratch, too.
But if the prices are too low, everyone will buy the cheap stock up.
So... we'll see.

Edit: Rewatching it... the denim shorts outfit has awful red boots. I think it's the outfit Hitugi is wearing in her room, but with ugly boots.
Well, that's another outfit ruined.

Lyrise
Feb 6, 2016, 04:41 PM
Here's the whole rip of the livestream (starts at 19:30):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLwH5xYxCyY

sesiom000
Feb 6, 2016, 05:43 PM
Thank you lyrise for the upload!
The type 6 graphics look more shiny, character faces and shadows look very improved specially on the cut scenes you can see the differences clearly.
I think they improved quite a lot the lighting effects and even the rocks on volcano seem to have been improved hugely and Vol Dragon looks really good.
Cant wait until April for type 6!

Shirai
Feb 6, 2016, 06:55 PM
Huh, I actually love the lighting and shadows on the model. The character models do look nicer and the environment is nice too with it.

dat water lighting tho.

Looking forward to this!

Thanks for the link, Lyrise!

Zyrusticae
Feb 6, 2016, 06:59 PM
LOVING the specular on the ground textures. That helps a ton. Maybe the Mines won't be quite so depressing to run through now.

Still wish they went a step further (with stuff like screen-space local reflections and the like), but hell, this is still a big step up.

Hysteria1987
Feb 6, 2016, 07:54 PM
It also depends on how many people are buying scratch.
I get the impression that this scratch was not very popular.
Fishnets, for example, never dropped below 3m.
It also looked like there was never much stock for the popular basewear.You're right, it wasn't that popular. I don't see too many people around at all wearing layered outfits (practically zero for the dudes- though looking at the selection this is no surprise) and I made much less profit in shop than I thought I would.

I do hope the next one is more popular- the new layered outfits do look better in the upcoming one.

Freshellent
Feb 6, 2016, 10:35 PM
When they design outfits in this game, I feel like they go:

"Okay, let's make it nice. Good, yep, add some stuff here... sweet.
Alright, that's pretty good. Now add some really fucking stupid shoes to it and we'll slap that sucker onto the scratch."

Being fleshie is suffering, no wonder why more are converting to the master race.

Hysteria1987
Feb 6, 2016, 10:57 PM
Lot more epic casts around lately for sure :P

That said I didnt think the shoes on the new layered (female, I dunno about male) outfits were all that bad. One of em even has (gasp) pretty small shoes that don't stand out too much at all.

But this game does have a shoe problem, for real.

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2016, 01:01 AM
I didn't upload the stream because I figured someone else would.
My upload speed is crap and it's 1.5 gig in size.

I hate how SEGA keeps slapping red shoes on blue/black/white outfits.
I particularly hate that we can't change bottoms/shoes. Why implement a more versatile clothing system and only go halfway?
Watch them implement customizable shoes in 4 years and sell us new layerwear that supports it.

When they design outfits in this game, I feel like they go:

"Okay, let's make it nice. Good, yep, add some stuff here... sweet.
Alright, that's pretty good. Now add some really fucking stupid shoes to it and we'll slap that sucker onto the scratch."

I feel like they know their designs are mostly ripping off of something else, so they try desperately to make it stand out by slapping some really ugly crap on top that ruins everything.
In the case of casual clothes, it's picking shoes that don't match.

You're right, it wasn't that popular. I don't see too many people around at all wearing layered outfits (practically zero for the dudes- though looking at the selection this is no surprise) and I made much less profit in shop than I thought I would.

I keep seeing people wearing that white sweater that costs 18m.

LOVING the specular on the ground textures.

I'm surprised they actually fixed the ground shadow in the este. That's been bugging me for a while.

The type 6 graphics look more shiny, character faces and shadows look very improved specially on the cut scenes you can see the differences clearly.

I'm pretty sure they are using the same 3d meshes for everything. If they improved the faces it'd likely only be in terms of shader, texture.
In general type 6 seems to have directional lights that cast dynamic shadows. I'm not so sure that those shadows will always look good though. We'll see.
For "anime" style, usually you'd want to disable shadows for the face.

wefwq
Feb 7, 2016, 01:46 AM
Well, we'll be getting the new PC benchmark that include level 6 graphic later this month.
Can't really judge anything based on downsized screenshot or 360p footage.

Selphea
Feb 7, 2016, 01:51 AM
WTB PSU-style clothing

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2016, 12:03 PM
Tier 6 just looks like:
- Directional lights added, with dynamic shadows.
- Player character (and pet?) have self-shadows, shaders, rim-lighting?
- They redid most of the textures with higher quality, though still not Skyrim mod HD resolution (because that would kill everyone's HDDs).
- They added bloom/emissive to stuff that should glow.
- They added spec maps to stuff that should shine, and reflective maps to stuff that should reflect.
- Possibly more bump/normal maps to define surfaces.
- There's an overall post processing filter going on that's akin to ENB or SweetFX.

I think that covers everything?

WTB PSU-style clothing
This.

Kondibon
Feb 7, 2016, 12:12 PM
Tier 6 just looks like:
- They redid most of the textures with higher quality, though still not Skyrim mod HD resolution (because that would kill everyone's HDDs).
- They added spec maps to stuff that should shine, and reflective maps to stuff that should reflect.
- There's an overall post processing filter going on that's akin to ENB or SweetFX.

I think that covers everything?I think there's also some subtle ambient occlusion too.

TaigaUC
Feb 7, 2016, 12:31 PM
Oh yeah. I was using AO on mine and forgot it's not already built in.

sesiom000
Feb 7, 2016, 12:37 PM
Tier 6 just looks like:

Thats a big upgrade im really looking forward for type 6 after yesterday live!

TheAstarion
Feb 7, 2016, 10:52 PM
These are all nice graphical boosts but they do nothing to help the low poly models of things like grass, bushes, terrain shapes (especially in Kuron field), zombie hands and cheese wedge feet (and Rubix Boobs once you get to larger sizes in most costumes).

Final Fantasy X had hand animations in 2001 on the same console that PSU was benchmarked for. The only reason for static hands is laziness and that's not in any way an excuse. And before you say that there are multiple weapon types to animate for, FFX had unique weapons for each character and animations for their off-hands too.

pkemr4
Feb 7, 2016, 11:33 PM
i hope sega improves the AA

TaigaUC
Feb 8, 2016, 12:18 AM
These are all nice graphical boosts but they do nothing to help the low poly models of things like grass, bushes, terrain shapes (especially in Kuron field), zombie hands and cheese wedge feet (and Rubix Boobs once you get to larger sizes in most costumes).

Final Fantasy X had hand animations in 2001 on the same console that PSU was benchmarked for. The only reason for static hands is laziness and that's not in any way an excuse. And before you say that there are multiple weapon types to animate for, FFX had unique weapons for each character and animations for their off-hands too.

This. The low poly stuff still stands out really heavily on the environments.

The lack of facial animations really bugs me too.
As in, characters should automatically play facial animations when doing stuff.
Or there should at least be an option to.

What bugs me about tier 6 is that, again, a lot of that stuff really should have been there to begin with.

Rupikachu
Feb 8, 2016, 06:07 AM
This. The low poly stuff still stands out really heavily on the environments.

The lack of facial animations really bugs me too.
As in, characters should automatically play facial animations when doing stuff.
Or there should at least be an option to.

What bugs me about tier 6 is that, again, a lot of that stuff really should have been there to begin with.

I'm more bugged with Quna's 'frozen' hands

wefwq
Feb 8, 2016, 08:40 AM
All this disgust toward low poly props and no mention of character leg model?

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 8, 2016, 08:41 AM
so ps4 and pc players can play together?

oratank
Feb 8, 2016, 08:46 AM
no ps4 superior race won't play with pc even they can

TaigaUC
Feb 8, 2016, 11:02 AM

You're talking about the feet?
People around me always complain about the feet looking like shit in these games.
If I recall correctly, Blade and Soul has actual toes instead of a horribly artifacted normal map. I don't remember clearly though.

At least you can hide the feet with shoes or something.
Hard to hide all those blatant low poly shapes in the environments. Tokyo looks particularly simplistic.

sesiom000
Feb 8, 2016, 01:11 PM

For a free game its God compared to other MMOrpg games and manages to run on low end Pc´s vita and will be able to run on PS4 now and will be getting a huge graphic upgrade that few games had...
Not counting it has more content fashion wise than any other MMO on the market so yea.

Zyrusticae
Feb 8, 2016, 01:15 PM
Have to admit, it is pretty sad how poorly the character models have aged relative to a game like Blade & Soul (which started development like 10 years ago and had a hardware target of net cafe PCs from 2012). They could do a lot better.

At least the inevitable sequel won't be handicapped by Vita hardware anymore. They'll just be handicapped by laptop hardware instead! :wacko:

Kondibon
Feb 8, 2016, 01:16 PM
I don't even care about character models half as much as I want higher higher res textures. 3: Good textures can kinda make up for low poly models, but higher poly counts won't make muddy jpg textures look any better up close.

TaigaUC
Feb 9, 2016, 12:02 AM
PSO2 was designed to have low poly from the beginning though.
So I don't think it's a matter of "aging".

I mean, games like BnS were designed to look fancy on fancy pcs.
BnS looks far worse than PSO2 if you try playing it on the lowest graphics settings.

I don't mind the character models as much.
If you look at certain parts from certain angles you can see ugly polygons on the character, but it doesn't stand out as much as the simple environments.
It kinda reminds me of the first 3d environment I made, which was very box-like. I hated it.