PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU wiki?

Nanaha
Jan 23, 2016, 12:35 PM
On a sudden realization, I figured I should just build the wiki pages that are most visited/needed by people. So what do you commonly wiki for pso2?

[spoiler-box]I'm probably not trying to escape ripping and renaming more weapon image files from cirno. Yep. [/spoiler-box]

TehCubey
Jan 23, 2016, 12:38 PM
AC scratch items. Browsing bumped for them is annoying and the jp wiki tends to ignore them.

Weapon pots and unit sets, but for this the jp wiki is actually adequate so I don't feel like a replacement is needed.

Anduril
Jan 23, 2016, 12:42 PM
Typically, I use the wikis to search for older scratch stuff since it can be quite a task searching through bumped's AC directory for anything older than the past six months. Also, I tend to use it for general research when answering someone's questions.

Charmeleon
Jan 23, 2016, 12:52 PM
Item names (in general) and skill/PA mechanics. Cirnopedia has nothing on the latter.

Nanaha
Jan 23, 2016, 12:56 PM
Well the AC Scratch looks doable, I'll just puzzle out an item template once I finish getting all these weapon images up(which probably isn't for a while).

And by skill/mechanics, can you be more specific about what you'd like to see? An example would be great by the way.

Xaelouse
Jan 23, 2016, 01:01 PM
skill/PA mechanics are very important, lots of emphasis on that but aim to make it more cleaner and to-the-point than jp swiki. Also, if you want to one-up the jp swiki, have DPS/DPP charts for techs too lol, but that's some work.
General strategies for certain quests too that really need it

Nanaha
Jan 23, 2016, 01:05 PM
I have the feeling I probably don't need to put all of these levels on here.
http://puu.sh/mGKlP/5ae5dc65c6.png

Or do I?

To add on, I'm going to be depending on contributors to fill in this mechanics/skill tips since I don't know the nuances of all these skills, and trying to learn them all would be painful.

Charmeleon
Jan 23, 2016, 01:12 PM
And by skill/mechanics, can you be more specific about what you'd like to see? An example would be great by the way.

An example would be something like which attacks the Bouncer skills Deband PP Restore and Elemental PP Restore F apply to. The answer would be here (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%90%E3%82%A6%E3%83%B3%E3%82%B5%E3% 83%BC), but I'd have to read through Google translated text which may not always be clear.

As for PAs, many of them don't do the amount of damage that the power rating implies, so it'd be helpful to note when it doesn't, as well as the amount of damage each hit of a multi-hit PA does and whether it has special properties such as having guard frames.

Pretty much everything you'd need to know is on a page like this (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%88%E3%83%B3%E3% 82%A2%E3%83%BC%E3%83%84%2F%E3%83%80%E3%83%96%E3%83 %AB%E3%82%BB%E3%82%A4%E3%83%90%E3%83%BC%E7%B3%BB).

Edit: You should keep the all of the power ratings on each disc level since many of them have a significant jump in power from 16 to 17. And it's not something you can easily max like a weapon's grind value, so seeing how far your damage is off from the max can be pretty useful.

Separating them into two rows like Swiki does (so we don't have to scroll sideways) might help too.

yoshiblue
Jan 23, 2016, 03:18 PM
Think most of my wiki trips consisted of looking at costumes and accessory/hair style tickets. Sometimes room items too.

starwind75043
Jan 23, 2016, 03:50 PM
Weapons and there potentials.

2. units and there set bounes

3.AC Iteams

Hysteria1987
Jan 23, 2016, 04:37 PM
Item names for things I have to search for to buy (photon spheres, etc), and Franka's COs.

Poyonche
Jan 23, 2016, 04:42 PM
Collect or Kill COs of Hans and Revelle, Clothes and Accessories JP name

DrCatco
Jan 23, 2016, 05:01 PM
Weapons (japanese names, for searching purposes), their potential(s), where to find them and which monster drops them.
Units sets and their bonuses.
Costumes (japanese names). I think is better to have them listed by campaing.
Craft items and materials. Japanese names to buy them at the visiphone.

PrinceBrightstar
Jan 23, 2016, 05:14 PM
Searchable story script

Azure Falcon
Jan 23, 2016, 05:16 PM
Excluding the usual weapon lists, AC scratch items, costumes and Franka CO items.

Trying to find the first two has been particularly tough the last few months since even the swiki is missing a bunch, trawling through pages and pages of bumped AC scratch listings trying to find the name of an accessory when you have no idea when it was last released is super annoying.

Saelix
Jan 23, 2016, 05:23 PM
I search the latest Franka client orders only to find Cirnopedia has the orders listed but didn't bother to list the item names needed to complete the quest.

Search for weapon potentials,all class weapons,weapons that come with a PA.

How to unlock client orders.

Sirius-91
Jan 23, 2016, 05:28 PM
On a sudden realization, I figured I should just build the wiki pages that are most visited/needed by people. So what do you commonly wiki for pso2?

[spoiler-box]I'm probably not trying to escape ripping and renaming more weapon image files from cirno. Yep. [/spoiler-box]

[SPOILER-BOX]I know that feel... :(
Also, feel free to use our names from the es weapon names, they start with "InforTextItemWeapon"
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Nanaha
Jan 23, 2016, 06:02 PM
[SPOILER-BOX]I know that feel... :(
Also, feel free to use our names from the es weapon names, they start with "InforTextItemWeapon"
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Should be a good way to check what I'm putting up. As of right now, I think I'm missing the Austere, Orbit, and Invade series which I'll probably just get details and make myself from info on swiki. There might be some others I need to add, but hopefully someone bothers me about it.

*I'd love to see if anyone tried doing a good translation of the flavor text of those 3 series though

red1228
Jan 23, 2016, 07:17 PM
Weapons & their potentials.
Units & their Set Bonuses (sometimes innate bonuses, to see if I really need to drop over a mil crafting it... which is most of the time).

AC items, like accessories or hairstyles. It can take a while loading page after page using bumped's AC catalog.

On rare occasion, item drops used for Franka COs. Using english text in the Shop Search is kinda like playing roulette. You would be surprised how often I could search for something in english, find it, look for another item, type in the previous item again (in english) & suddenly the game "cannot find any search results".

Crevox
Jan 23, 2016, 07:20 PM
Weapons/potentials

Disc drop locations

Some items (grind boosters, etc)

Nyansan
Jan 23, 2016, 07:35 PM
Weapons, Costumes, AC stuff, Room Goods

Shinamori
Jan 23, 2016, 07:53 PM
weapons, units, costumes, AC stuff, Room Goods, all items, COs

Flaoc
Jan 23, 2016, 08:10 PM
usually weps and items (includes ac stuff like nobles and element stuff). sometimes music discs and ac costumes/accessories

Xaeris
Jan 23, 2016, 08:18 PM
I visited Cirno for AC items, and I visit swiki for looking up potentials and set bonuses.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 23, 2016, 08:36 PM
AC scratch items. Browsing bumped for them is annoying and the jp wiki tends to ignore them.

Bumped already remedied this via their AC scratch Catalog

wefwq
Jan 23, 2016, 08:50 PM
In order:
Weapon: To compare stat and it's latent.
Units: To check for other pieces that valid for it's set bonus and set bonus value.
AC: Mostly for preview (pic) just like cirnopedia or bumped catalog.
CO Items: Mostly Franka COs, JP name to search via visiphone.
Room Goods: Space barbie simulator.

Macman
Jan 23, 2016, 10:11 PM
I have the feeling I probably don't need to put all of these levels on here.

Or do I?
People are used to seeing every level's power and how they progress but if you really need to trim it down you can probably get away with:
Level 1 (starting)
Level 5 (highest that drops in Normal mode iirc)
Level 10 (highest you can buy from the market)
Level 16 (highest that drops in SH)
Level 17 (the current limit)

Ryziou
Jan 23, 2016, 10:53 PM
I used to search up item supports such as boosters and attribute changers but then since cirno died and I was too lazy to constantly go to their website, I finally learnt their kanji. I honestly just go to bumped for everything now but if it was going to be something then it'd be past AC scratch costumes with the pictures next to them. It's very tiresome to click each scratch on Bumped to find an item and Cirno is ded.

People are used to seeing every level's power and how they progress but if you really need to trim it down you can probably get away with:
Level 1 (starting)
Level 5 (highest that drops in Normal mode iirc)
Level 10 (highest you can buy from the market)
Level 16 (highest that drops in SH)
Level 17 (the current limit)

I'd just do 1/17 or 1/16/17

Sirius-91
Jan 23, 2016, 11:13 PM
Should be a good way to check what I'm putting up. As of right now, I think I'm missing the Austere, Orbit, and Invade series which I'll probably just get details and make myself from info on swiki. There might be some others I need to add, but hopefully someone bothers me about it.

*I'd love to see if anyone tried doing a good translation of the flavor text of those 3 series though

I only got Austere Savior (Dual Blades) in, but it's something along the lines of "A purified Dual Blade. Its unparalleled prowess crushes evil with it's supreme power."

Also, for most of the Invade Series and Austere Series, they share the same name.

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 23, 2016, 11:34 PM
I'd like accessories to be sorted by type:

Earrings, Necklaces, Wings, Hats, Bracelets, Headgear etc.

Add all posters ingame too. Swiki doesn't seem to have them updated.

Bring back the option to listen to Music Discs and Voices.

Nanaha
Jan 23, 2016, 11:53 PM
Add all posters ingame too. Swiki doesn't seem to have them updated.

Posters?

Hysteria1987
Jan 24, 2016, 12:19 AM
My Room items - as in, actual posters you can hang up on the walls.

BubblyBoar
Jan 25, 2016, 03:38 PM
Definitely information, mechanics and specific details of PAs and Techs. They could use their own page each...outside of the normal list ofc. With their own page, they'd have a play for videos (links, embeds, or otherwise) so people can get a look at them.

NoobSpectre
Jan 25, 2016, 11:25 PM
I would like to see some technique customization though.

yes, cirnopedia and swiki did explain how to achieved some of the lv3 tech customization, but somehow I need more detailed explanation like:

Whether dark techniques customization 2nd recipe means, is it any dark techniques crafted using 2nd recipe, or is it lv2 recipe? and so on.

Pretty sure I tried unlocking namegid dmg lv3 without any successes.

TeeHunter13
Jan 26, 2016, 12:09 AM
I look for Tech and PA customizations, costumes, accessories, weapons and their potentials.

LegoRappy
Jan 26, 2016, 02:02 PM
The basic, potentials, accessories, set bonuses, the Japanese spelling of certain items

Levlia
Jan 26, 2016, 04:07 PM
Heyo

Basicly I only look up for anything that will allow me to custom my character the way I want!

AC scratch items, camo, costumes, hairstyles, hats, etc

Also have you linked your wiki anywhere if so could you msg me so i can find it lol
thanks xD

Nanaha
Jan 26, 2016, 05:21 PM
Well here's the link: http://nanapedia-pso2.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

I really should make a fancy signature like Aida's so I don't need to link those.

...one day. You should know that it's still [In Development], and by that, I mean it's rather lacking. Would love for more contributors.

labyrinth
Jan 27, 2016, 02:08 AM
potentials

Sirius-91
Jan 27, 2016, 03:16 AM
Well here's the link: http://nanapedia-pso2.shoutwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

I really should make a fancy signature like Aida's so I don't need to link those.

...one day. You should know that it's still [In Development], and by that, I mean it's rather lacking. Would love for more contributors.

Lucky for you, TACT (Batons) only have 3 entries.
https://github.com/PolCPP/PSO2es-Translation/blob/master/json/InforTextItemWeaponTact.txt

Ordy
Jan 27, 2016, 06:31 AM
About the weapon page: can't you just replicate swiki's page? 90%, if not more, of the weapons only have one main stat, so we don't need to list the 3 stats on everything, and can just add a comments for special weapons with more than one base stat (wands and GS would of course have multiple columns).

- Should also use the small icons for weapons: smaller row height, faster page loading.

- Remove all the shit like base affix (who gives a damn if a weapon has Freeze IV as base affix or 30 base elements), so just merge properties and class columns and keep the important data.

- Sorting weapon by stat doesn't work properly.

- Should use cell background color + black text for rarity, can't see shit with yellow text + white/grey background, try to stay consistent and use the same color palette.

- Use "All Class" text instead of listing all the class icons > less icons = faster page load.

- Don't make 9000 threads about the wiki, use a general wiki thread and bump it for updates, requests.

Sirius-91
Jan 27, 2016, 06:41 AM
- Remove all the shit like base affix (who gives a damn if a weapon has Freeze IV as base affix or 30 base elements), so just merge properties and class columns and keep the important data.

I find that information quite useful, pretty sure others as well.

Macman
Jan 27, 2016, 06:43 AM
What do I wiki? I wiki PSO2es chip abilities.