PDA

View Full Version : Fo/Te Looking for weapon advice

Sayomi Tsukiko
Jan 25, 2016, 12:59 PM
Hello~ I just recently posted about picking a class, you guys suggested Fo/Te and I tried it out, I really love it

Anyway, I'm still leveling currently something like 54/30 Fo/te and over the last 3 or 4 days managed to make 11.5m which I used to buy a 50 fire psycho wand 12* (currently ungrinded), I dont know if its overpriced, but I had to buy it for nostalgic reasons. Anyway, right after I bought it I decided to try out challenge mode, I managed 51k/180k for an ideal weapon last night without knowing too much about what I was doing (Japanese Carry senpais)

So my question is, what should I do with my psycho wand? Should I just buy this ideal weapon? Maybe get a talis? Just scrap my new psycho wand? If not should I just be leveling and then grind some bosses for money / weapons? I'm very confused about my gearing path here^^;'

I'm currently playing Fire Force and I havn't put points into the element trees in techer yet. Thanks for the help <3

Totori
Jan 25, 2016, 01:07 PM
That Psycho Wand is still going to be of use because it's 50Fire. While the Light Ideal will also be used for Light techs. Forces are going to benefit from having a rainbow assortment of weapons, so you aren't doing anything wrong at the moment~

They benefit from Element Conversion Fo Tree skill.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 25, 2016, 01:19 PM
You could use the miles for Ideal units. Don't quote me on that though, not entirely sure what meta looks like for FO's on units. I'm assuming Ideal or Saiki crafted units are both good.

xxtrabeast
Jan 25, 2016, 01:26 PM
Get the Ideal set even if you have no intention of using it. Zieg has a Client Order that rewards you with 120k Challenge Miles in the form of 10k CM tickets which are a sizable chunk of an Ideal weapon if you decide to go that route.

Shunx
Jan 25, 2016, 01:44 PM
I'd keep it for the purposes of level Te when you can't use Fo's 13* Rods. Unless you want to bugger with Talis.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 02:07 PM
Use Saiki Units for better bonuses, Ideal only if you plan to use an Ideal weapon with the set. Generally 100 T atk/6 or 9 PP will work but others can mix and match their affixes so 100 Tatk/50HP/7PP whatever your going for can work for Saiki

If you can't get Saiki for whatever reason, get Ideal as place holders until you can get Saiki, I wouldn't necessarily invest too much into Ideal either

Sayomi Tsukiko
Jan 25, 2016, 02:37 PM
So Keeping my psycho wand for fire is fine? Should I be upgrading it to 13 star sometime? What about the ideals though, should I just go with another rod or get a talisman or Jet boots or something?

(also the units confuse me, I know the saiki give the +80 and 25 pp or something right? what about the ideals?)

Thanks for the time <3

EDIT: also where should I be grinding after ideal grinding? galgryphon or something?

ArcaneTechs
Jan 25, 2016, 02:58 PM
So Keeping my psycho wand for fire is fine? Should I be upgrading it to 13 star sometime? What about the ideals though, should I just go with another rod or get a talisman or Jet boots or something?

(also the units confuse me, I know the saiki give the +80 and 25 pp or something right? what about the ideals?)

Thanks for the time <3

EDIT: also where should I be grinding after ideal grinding? galgryphon or something?
If you can manage to attain Are's Rod, Austere Rod then switch to those (Recommend Fire Austere Talis). I don't Recommend Ideal Rod for all around use unless it's an Ice Ideal since well its only good for bosses.

Stick with your Psycho Wand for now until you can get a 13* but I don't recommend Gal Weapons especially the Rod.

Ideal Units have a Rear/Leg Bonus and a Arm/Weapon unit bonus so basically if you want full on bonuses your forced to use Ideal wep almost all the time.
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%A4%E3%83%87%E3%82%A2%E3%83%AB%E3% 83%87%E3%82%A3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB

Saiki doesn't require any weapons for it's bonus
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%B5%E3%82%A4%E3%82%AD%E3%83%9B%E3% 82%A6%E3%83%A8%E3%82%AF

Dammy
Jan 25, 2016, 03:03 PM
just use ur pwand until you farm stones for 60 ele ares

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 04:06 PM

Thanks for the time <3

fun fact ares and austere rods at max ele (moreso austere) can do all the elements with just the 1 if unable to to get multiple elements. at the very least id get both a fire rod and a light rod (austere for light if you take the time for austere otherwise ares both of them)

as for talis either a fire or a light ares or austere (light talis is more of a td thing but its also good for zondeel ragrants even outside of td) and for ice either maihime or ideal. other elements optional if you should choose to do them the ones i listed are the most important so far. (do keep an eye on wind ele as tokyo field is using it and who knows maybe ep4 will have more wind ele areas which in that case get a wind rod as well)

Sayomi Tsukiko
Jan 25, 2016, 04:29 PM
So

Keep my psycho wand (Fire)
Ideal (Rod or Tali?) Ice for bosses
Ideal (Rod or Tali?) Light?

Are the Ares/Austere weapons from that boss in corrupted forest? look like a mag photon blast sorta? do you have to grind him or what? (sorry, I cant find much info)

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 04:38 PM
Ares is from Anga, yes. Can also be purchased with stones dropped by both it and Dio Hunar.

Austere is the "second tier" Profound Darkness series, you exchange the appropriate Invade weapons and a fuckton of other stuff for them at Zieg's.

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 04:44 PM
So

Keep my psycho wand (Fire)

Are the Ares/Austere weapons from that boss in corrupted forest? look like a mag photon blast sorta? do you have to grind him or what? (sorry, I cant find much info)

i wouldnt get an ideal tbh ares is from anga fundarge in ultimate and it drops stones which can be used to trade in for ares weps or it can actually drop the ares wep itself if lucky (if its an ares you didnt want well +20 stones)

like i said just either get 2 ares rods to 60 ele or 1 austere and 1 ares for the rods.
for talis once again ideal isnt really required and get this in ice instead 舞姫歌扇 and pick the ill tech potential (powers up ill techs by 23%) and then once again either ares or austere and then have it either fire or light

Sayomi Tsukiko
Jan 25, 2016, 04:58 PM
I can see that being best for the ice techs, I'll look into that one for ice.

My group of friends are doing CM anyway so I'll be doing it with them, so I'll be getting enough regardless for an ideal weapon, which do you think I should use it for? since I'll be getting one (at 20% atleast...) regardless?

reaper527
Jan 25, 2016, 05:12 PM

personally, i'd recommend avoiding ideal weapons. contrary to the name, they are far from ideal. they are worthless against anything that isn't a boss (so when you see an exoda in td4, you're SOL. when you see large mobs with high hp, you're SOL).

you have MUCH better options available to you right now. you want to get a 60 element austere (lots of work), and as many 60 element ares as you can get (not a lot of work).

you can get a 20 element ares weapon for 60 ares stones (and you can trade in any ares weapon for 20 stones if anga drops one you don't want).

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 05:25 PM
Was under the impression Orbits aren't too shabby either, though the potentials are a bit quirky? Ofc the selection of weapon types is kinda limited...

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 05:27 PM
orbit is flat out amazing.. for non tech weps however a 20 ele orbit talis is still great if you +30 potential 3 the 1st potential and use it to regen pp unsheathed

AkuTenshiiZero
Jan 25, 2016, 05:34 PM
Just my two cents as someone with a very similar build: I'd advise you to spec into Dark and Light on the Te side of things. Personally I'd go Dark before Light, and find yourself a solid Dark rod to go with it. Ilmegid is one of the best "fire-and-forget" spells in the game for attacking massive groups from a safe distance. Namegid is asinine for boss damage, with 30 points in Dark + Elemental weakness and a 50 Dark rod...It's messed up. And finally, by going 20 points into Dark and a full Fire spec you'll be double-dipping on Fomelgion later on.

As for Light, well, Darkers have a universal weakness to Light. I'd make it less of a priority, but needless to say no matter what you're gonna be spamming Light quite a bit so it's always good to have points in it.

The only weapon advice I can give is to find a solid Electric talis. Toss that baby out for a Zondeel-to-Nazonde for a relatively safe cluster-and-kill combo.

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 05:37 PM
Just my two cents as someone with a very similar build: I'd advise you to spec into Dark and Light on the Te side of things. Personally I'd go Dark before Light, and find yourself a solid Dark rod to go with it. Ilmegid is one of the best "fire-and-forget" spells in the game for attacking massive groups from a safe distance. Namegid is asinine for boss damage, with 30 points in Dark + Elemental weakness and a 50 Dark rod...It's messed up. And finally, by going 20 points into Dark and a full Fire spec you'll be double-dipping on Fomelgion later on.

As for Light, well, Darkers have a universal weakness to Light. I'd make it less of a priority, but needless to say no matter what you're gonna be spamming Light quite a bit so it's always good to have points in it.

The only weapon advice I can give is to find a solid Electric talis. Toss that baby out for a Zondeel-to-Nazonde for a relatively safe cluster-and-kill combo.

hey thead creator completely ignore this post besides the te side using both light and dark in its tree

Perfect Chaos
Jan 25, 2016, 06:18 PM
fun fact ares and austere rods at max ele (moreso austere) can do all the elements with just the 1 if unable to to get multiple elements.No, off-element Ares does NOT out-damage most high-tier non-13* tech weapons. The only tech weapons that can out-damage those while being off-element is Austere, Ideal (on bosses), and Nemesis (on DAs).

That being said, Ideal isn't bad if you don't have many 13*, since it can out-power any non-13* on bosses while being off-element. Make sure you still have another good weapon for mobbing of each element, though. Personally, I had a Light Ideal Rod since Ra-Grants and Barantsion are amazing against bosses. I changed it to Dark after getting a Light Austere Rod (Light Ideal becomes obsolete with Light Austere out-damaging it on all enemies while using Light techs), since Gi-Megid and Fomelgion are also really good for bossing.

Someone suggested an Ice Ideal Rod earlier in this post, but I'll have to disagree with that, since if you're going to use Il-Barta for bossing, use a Talis with it for max damage. Building up the chain with Elysion/Boots of Serafi is fine, but a Rod shouldn't enter the equation for Il-Barta. So if you have a lot of free time after getting an Ideal Rod and love CQs, you can aim for an Ice Ideal Talis.

Other people have covered other weapons, so I won't go into that.

Also, I'm not sure if it was mentioned, but don't be using a 13* with really low element value. Non-13* weapons with 50-element will out-damage most 13* that have under 45-element. Austere is like an major outlier, as it can out-damage a lot of non-13* with only 30-element. But that's because Austere is overpowered. LOL
Everything is assuming matching weapon element to tech element, of course.

dr apocalipsis
Jan 25, 2016, 07:54 PM
I got my Pwand very late, but still using it as my fire rod, because PP save is still amazing on fire. So it is still a safe bet to grind with hidden potential. At least for EP1~3 content. Then you can recycle it for some other element because the pot is awesome.

Then I built an Austere rod for light. That would be a slight damage improvement over Caduceus/Nyau rod, if not because it also has pp regen potential, so you can cover a light rod for cheap buying a Caduceus or just running Profound Invasion once or twice in the meantime of building a better 13*.

Later on you can upgrade, since new weps will arrive soon with EP4 and things like Ares are a year old already. In the other hand, farming an Ares after the stones update is a matter of some few days of farming. Grinding is still costly though.

I just skipped ideal even when I have the CM. I don't see the point on them, at least on FoTe.

Hysteria1987
Jan 25, 2016, 09:44 PM
No need to get rid of your Pwand by any stretch, but if you can, get your hands on a Talis of some sort just to try to see if you like it. Personally, I can't go anywhere without one now, even if it's only to be turbo-lazy with Zondeel/Gifoie.

If you're running fire, Koushousen (コウショウセン) is a good lower-level talis. Crafted, it holds its own against a fair amount of higher-levelled stuff too. Not 13* quality but it's good.

Sayomi Tsukiko
Jan 25, 2016, 09:47 PM
Everyone seems to agree that ideal weapons are not worth even having, what do you all recommend I do with all my challenge points?

KLMS1
Jan 25, 2016, 09:52 PM
Buy photon boosters and whatever other miscellania the shop has?

Flaoc
Jan 25, 2016, 09:54 PM
photon boosters for the austere itself and get the ideal unit set and show em to zieg for extra miles (but dont use the actual ideal units)

No, off-element Ares does NOT out-damage most high-tier non-13* tech weapons. The only tech weapons that can out-damage those while being off-element is Austere, Ideal (on bosses), and Nemesis (on DAs).

well ares should at least fall under (close enough) within a percent or 2 right? for rods anyway

Perfect Chaos
Jan 26, 2016, 08:32 AM
Everyone seems to agree that ideal weapons are not worth even having, what do you all recommend I do with all my challenge points?At this point, it's probably not worth the CQ grind unless you happen to love CQ, since barely any people do it these days, making the already lengthy grind (540k CM is ridiculous when you don't have a dedicated team to do it with) even worse. But it's definitely worth having and using if you already have it, since an Ideal Rod only gets out-damaged by Austere and Nemesis (on DA Aberrations). People are just advising against it due to the effort:reward ratio being on the lower end among 13* weapons.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Jan 27, 2016, 04:22 PM
my char is pure dark element technique so should be FO/TE or TE/FO?

NAMEGID FTW