PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 Roleplayers

Zanverse
Jan 25, 2016, 01:18 PM
After watching episode 3 of the PSO2 Anime, I've been thinking about finding in-game roleplayers. I used to be part of an RP group that had a plot, but that hasn't been so active for a while. I find it a lot more fun when I'm acting as my own character instead of my RL self, and I'm looking for other people like me.

Is anyone willing to start either a group or be part of an in-game Team? I play on Ship 2, and my Player ID name is Drewski98. My main character is a lvl.75 Braver named ユリト (Yurito).

Nitro Vordex
Jan 25, 2016, 01:20 PM
There was a roleplay thread here somewhere. I don't know if it's active or moved.

Zanverse
Jan 25, 2016, 01:27 PM
There was a roleplay thread here somewhere. I don't know if it's active or moved.

Yeah, I didn't want to necro it, so I made a new thread instead.

illegaleagle90
Jan 25, 2016, 06:18 PM
The Roleplay thread is still here.... somewhere. It's not been moved.. but it feels like its been inactive for a while. I wonder what happened to the roleplayers...

untrustful
Jan 25, 2016, 06:27 PM
Same thing that happens to people who play forum mafia, they just forget and leave.

Besides, I'm sure everyone's had a moment where they don't realize the last time they'll log in somewhere.

IronKrone
Jan 25, 2016, 06:55 PM
I think a lot of people disappeared off from that RP thread due to the fact that Dai-RPG was gone and the main plot wasn't going anywhere... I think we were just a little cautious about moving forward without him and.. well, he never came back.

I'm still around but on a new account (the old one is pretty much abandoned) so I don't have everyone on my friend list. No idea if they're active at all.

I guess it could possibly work better if there was an in-game team but who knows. I'm still mildly interested.; it's been boring to play alone.

Man Jackson
Jan 25, 2016, 07:12 PM
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/35543277/PSO2/cutins/madjackson.png
MAN JACKSON HASN'T SEEN ANY ROLEPLAYERS AROUND!!! PERHAPS THEY'RE ALL HIDING FROM MAN JACKSON!!!

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 12:29 AM
I'd say wait until Episode 4 and anime to end to actually get some grasp on how the lore is going to be. Because it might retcon a lot of people's ideas and backgrounds.

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 12:30 AM
The canon scuppering sundry theories cooked up by the audience isn't called "retcon" you know...

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 12:38 AM
The year 2028 AD thing can change a lot of people's ideas on what they want to do for RP or backgrounds really.

Heck, we can completely go by SAO/.hack/LogHorizon theme if we wanted to.

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 12:55 AM
Not seeing how it's relevant to BGs really.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 01:16 AM
Well like I said, if the anime is canon that we are all actually online characters, then we might as well as follow that lore. I am just waiting to see how anime's plot will lead to Episode 4 at this point.4

Sp-24
Jan 26, 2016, 01:58 AM
Note that one of the anime characters is an actual ARKS member who isn't from Earth and who moves from Tokyo to ARKS fleet and back seemingly at will.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 02:16 AM
Aika, right? Though I am very curious about this but I guess people on Earth playing PSO2 is doing some kind of training simulation for real ARKS?

Dycize
Jan 26, 2016, 04:22 AM
There's also the fact that, for those who did RP before, episode 4 is a 2 years time skip from episode 3 :^)
Kinda awkward! But if anything it allows to change up some things (like considering previous plot(s) finished), so, yeah?

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 07:05 AM
Well like I said, if the anime is canon that we are all actually online characters, then we might as well as follow that lore.

...which would change exactly nothing for character BGs. As far as *they* know and are concerned they are real, after all. Also pretty sure "I iz an online character" is neither a very fertile starting point for any kind of roleplaying nor particularly satisfying for anyone who cares enough to even vaguely sketch out some kinda BG story for their chars.
Hell.
Closest I get to roleplaying is thinking up conceptual outline BGs and personalities for my chars in about three minutes, and I'd straight-up refuse to even consider that on grounds of lameness and painfully obviously trying (and failing) to be clever.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 07:59 AM
Also pretty sure "I iz an online character" is neither a very fertile starting point for any kind of roleplaying nor particularly satisfying for anyone who cares enough to even vaguely sketch out some kinda BG story for their chars.

It's not vague at all. There are those who have chosen before to RP in a game to be more of online game concept and make two fictional characters: player and character created in game. It depends on what the Roleplayers want and agree to it.

Because we don't fully know what's going on besides time skip of 2 years, it's still a bit vague of what exactly happened. Story patch won't be translated right away anyways.

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 09:18 AM
Note that one of the anime characters is an actual ARKS member who isn't from Earth and who moves from Tokyo to ARKS fleet and back seemingly at will.

...which would also seem to conflict with the basic premise of Ep 4 - namely having to send a ship on a two-year trip just to get ARKS ops Earthside - to a fairly hilarious degree...
:-?
I'm just going to assume the writers were smoking the same stuff as the guys who dreamed up Ep 4 and Just Didn't Care.

It's not vague at all. There are those who have chosen before to RP in a game to be more of online game concept and make two fictional characters: player and character created in game. It depends on what the Roleplayers want and agree to it.

And were I a GM I'd flunk those backstories on grounds of pretensions of meta cleverness and being fundamentally BS. Just sayin'.

Whatever delirious drug-induced weirdness the whole Ep 4/animu plotline now entails hardly seems to make any difference either way.

Antecia
Jan 26, 2016, 10:00 AM
Since I am new to the community in regards to PSO2 Roleplay, is it safe for me to say I am a person from Earth to become ARKS? I'd like to put my base on that idea.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 10:05 AM
Since I am new to the community in regards to PSO2 Roleplay, is it safe for me to say I am a person from Earth to become ARKS? I'd like to put my base on that idea.

With the way episode 4 is gonna go, answer is yes

Antecia
Jan 26, 2016, 10:26 AM
Pretty excited for episode 4, and I am actually happy that it is Earth because I can actually consider my human character to be originally from Earth and become part of ARKS. :)

I am aware that people are upset to see the result of the episode 4's route, but maybe it's not so hard to RP and my character is cosplaying as hobby in Tokyo.

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 10:28 AM
With the way episode 4 is gonna go, answer is yes

I'd say that's a somewhat hasty conclusion. Besides, the field ops apparently undergo at least a year or two of training before being qualified - and don't get me started on the obvious continuity issues when going back to Ep 1...

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 10:37 AM
I think in those kind of cases, they can build up plots to make sense and bend it if they wish to do so. Not everyone needs to do the two year training. Heck, you can just make it six months to year.

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 10:47 AM
AFAIK the only ones who've canonically skipped it by special dispensation from someone very high up on the totem pole are Matoi who already completed it anyway back when she was still Claris Claes and Claris Claes who's basically a supersoldier experiment and presumably wasn't exactly taught knitting during her time in the VOID labs. (Not sure if Sara is actually even an official member, but fudging the paperwork would be trivially easy for her mentor.)

If you look at for example the young!Zeno eventfields, or IIRC just the intro with AfinAIBOU, the strong implication is the curriculum normally takes several years. Which makes sense enough; ARKS field ops aren't just the de facto soldiers of the Fleet, they're also the all-purpose "away team" exploration and first-contact service and the training regimen would presumably be duly multidisciplinary (and hence time-consuming).

An Earthling would have to be taught literally everything from the ground up as they lack even the most basic familiarity with Fleet tech, weaponry and whatever. No way no how they'd be getting an abbreviated course.

Antecia
Jan 26, 2016, 10:54 AM
Aside from trying to be a lore nazi restriction, wouldn't trainee be still allowed anyways? I didn't say anything about field ops just yet. If anything, I'd start as a trainee like how military soldiers start. Even militia would fit.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 11:04 AM
Well it's your character and KLmS is just basically giving you advice than being a lore nazi. Whatever you do for your plot is your choice .

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 12:01 PM
Aside from trying to be a lore nazi restriction, wouldn't trainee be still allowed anyways?
Trainees don't get sent out to fight "war form" Dark Falzes and Magatsu. Hell, if the intro is to judge by they get obstacle courses on planets where the local wildlife has thus far been mostly harmless.

I didn't say anything about field ops just yet. If anything, I'd start as a trainee like how military soldiers start. Even militia would fit.

No military worth the name sends raw recruits to the frontlines unless they're desperate beyond measure. (And seeing as how the ARKS are a salaried volunteer force they clearly aren't.) Did you know? Back in WW2 US formations weren't considered combat ready before they'd spent *at least* a full year training, just to give an example.

Just to reiterate: by Fleet standards Earthlings are pretty much cavemen as far as technology is concerned, to speak nothing of the whole photon-manipulation thing. Inducting one into their de facto army would require teaching him/her literally everything from zero, and that's just so s/he can fight at least vaguely effectively. Teaching the primitives everything *else* the ARKS job description covers will only add quite a bit of extra time on top of that.

yoshiblue
Jan 26, 2016, 12:04 PM
ARKs is just a mercenary group isn't it? Granted its a large one, but still. Heck I don't even know anything about their ranks. Just your dude, special forces dudes like Matoi, council of the six and then Luther/Xiao.

IronKrone
Jan 26, 2016, 12:06 PM
I guess the whole BG/plot for this kind of depends on what OP has in mind?

It could simply based off on whichever direction ep 4 and anime is taking; meaning, it may be possible to have characters who are from Earth or actual Arks members coming down to Earth to fight Phantom enemies. It could also be some sort of an AU, which was what the last RP was.

But I do think it may be a little weird if new trainee Arks (whether they're actual citizens in the Oracle or Earthings) can simply jump into any areas and fight big scary bad guys.

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 12:18 PM
ARKs is just a mercenary group isn't it?
There's a fairly important difference between a volunteer military (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volunteer_military) and straight-up mercenaries (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mercenary), even if in practical terms both make their living by service under arms.

Heck I don't even know anything about their ranks. Just your dude, special forces dudes like Matoi, council of the six and then Luther/Xiao.

The command structure is never really delved into and seems to be rather loose, but obviously there are senior decision-making and management layers who keep the whole thing running and plan and organise the operations grunts like the MC & Friends then get handed. Also the closest thing to "special forces" would probably be the "death squad", eg. Quna, who seem to double as internal security operatives.

Note that Luther was apparently never formally part of the ARKS command structure, being the director of the R&D branch ("VOID") instead. His power and influence was mostly behind the scenes.

Zanverse
Jan 26, 2016, 12:43 PM
Honestly, I wasn't aiming for having a legitimate plot or anything, more like just casual roleplaying. Go ahead and make a backstory for your character and stuff, it'll make understanding your character easier. I was thinking of just going by the EP4 plot, while simply being an ARKS member in-game instead of talking and interacting as though you're an actual player. Think of it like how Kato explains roleplaying to Itsuki in the third episode of the anime. A plot is optional.

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 01:27 PM
DREWski mah boiiii its been so long glad to see you're doing well and yeah I'm pretty psyched for the madness coming in this xpac and would be thrilled in meeting up with you in game again! And yeah the anime is actually pretty cool even though the fans say so otherwise.

I'm in the central time zone and on during the weeknights on weekends I'm usually always online. Just Pm me since my contact list is maxed.

Zanverse
Jan 26, 2016, 01:34 PM
VIN! I'm gonna try and get a group together for Episode 4. With the much more casual, slice-of-life-esque feel to this episode, I'm sure it'll be easier to bring together RPers, and have some fun. Hopefully I can use the plot to work off of.

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 01:40 PM
VIN! I'm gonna try and get a group together for Episode 4. With the much more casual, slice-of-life-esque feel to this episode, I'm sure it'll be easier to bring together RPers, and have some fun. Hopefully I can use the plot to work off of.
Oh fuck yes! I'd be more than happy to swing by and see what you have to propose and maybe I can get whatever people I can to visit your meeting etc.

As for the plot hopefully theres still translators here that can fill us in on Whats going on and then you can use what little info we got to come up with something but shouldn't this wait until two-three more matter boards are released?

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 02:10 PM
Honestly, I wasn't aiming for having a legitimate plot or anything, more like just casual roleplaying. Go ahead and make a backstory for your character and stuff, it'll make understanding your character easier. I was thinking of just going by the EP4 plot, while simply being an ARKS member in-game instead of talking and interacting as though you're an actual player. Think of it like how Kato explains roleplaying to Itsuki in the third episode of the anime. A plot is optional.

I guess the whole BG/plot for this kind of depends on what OP has in mind?

It could simply based off on whichever direction ep 4 and anime is taking; meaning, it may be possible to have characters who are from Earth or actual Arks members coming down to Earth to fight Phantom enemies. It could also be some sort of an AU, which was what the last RP was.

But I do think it may be a little weird if new trainee Arks (whether they're actual citizens in the Oracle or Earthings) can simply jump into any areas and fight big scary bad guys.

If anything Alternate Universe of PSO2 and it's own original plot - I am perfectly okay to jump in if that's the case as long as the plots are driven out with character developments. But yes, a regular citizen to be naturally good at something in combat is not common and it's usually marysue/Newtype kind of thing going on there.

Casual roleplaying is usually nice if that is their thing. I won't judge. I sometimes like that way. Though I do hope it'll go just more than slice of life.

Shirai
Jan 26, 2016, 02:23 PM
Slice of life roleplay? Haha, sounds...interesting. I'd be willing to give it a try

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 02:27 PM
Slice of life roleplay? Haha, sounds...interesting. I'd be willing to give it a try

You who onows you might like or it mau just make you wanna poke at those who like it.

As far as Slice Of Life goes I think it'd be great for those who are totally new or interested in it or grizzled vets looking for something where stakes are removed etc. Supa happeh faun teim!

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 02:34 PM
But yes, a regular citizen to be naturally good at something in combat is not common and it's usually marysue/Newtype kind of thing going on there.

Not that sometimes quite extensive combat training has been rather common for de facto civilians in more violent societies (like, well, most European ones before about 19th century) though obviously we're not dealing with one of those here. However it's not particularly implausible that the Fleet would maintain some kind of "home guard" organisation to help repel and contain attacks on the ships themselves. And there's presumably some kind of law-enforcement organisation that would logically also be trained to assist in such tasks. (Not to mention the possibility of individuals studying such skills as a hobby or whatever, and former professional combatants.) And in a civilisation permanently dwelling in spaceships basic technical skillsl and emergency damage-control procedures are for obvious reasons going to be at least as widely taught as first aid.

As such it's not terribly far-fetched for an ostensible Fleet civilian to have at least a basic grasp of combat-relevant skills, though they're unlikely to be at the level of extensively trained pros like ARKS field ops (nevermind now veteran ones). As-such this would also go for many hypothetical Earthling recruits too since military service is a thing and kinda mandatory for all males at least in many countries, and the First World ones train their conscripts rather well - and even the shitty third-world ones the regime doesn't really trust at least get taught what part of the gun goes towards the enemy. How much of such training is at all relevant for ARKS photonic weaponry is another thing entirely ofc, but at least it'd more or less give basic familiarity with the Ranger combat style...

...and there I go writing mini-essays again. :|

Dycize
Jan 26, 2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah, ARKS aren't mercenaries, they're pretty much Oracle's military (and having mercenaries as your whole military is... Uh... I mean, buying people to fight for you with no defenses of your own? Yeaaaah nah).
How the story will go exactly is still up in the air. The anime hinted things but hasn't dived deep into it yet, and the new story chapter isn't playable yet. Hopefull it'll be more than just an introduction.

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 02:41 PM
Yeah, ARKS aren't mercenaries, they're pretty much Oracle's military (and having mercenaries as your whole military is... Uh... I mean, buying people to fight for you with no defenses of your own? Yeaaaah nah).
How the story will go exactly is still up in the air. The anime hinted things but hasn't dived deep into it yet, and the new story chapter isn't playable yet. Hopefull it'll be more than just an introduction.

Its gonna be an intro for sure and hi ;) Bravo Klms1 that was quite a read and nice tidbit of info there.

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 02:45 PM
(and having mercenaries as your whole military is... Uh... I mean, buying people to fight for you with no defenses of your own? Yeaaaah nah).
This has actually been done a fair lot historically, and often worked pretty well so long as you A) had a ready source of mercs B) could actually pay their wages in time (unpaid ones tended to become a major problem *fast*). This was, of course, in premodern societies with by modern standards terribly primitive economic and adminstrative structures and more often than not no shortage of pugnacious neighbours...

Yup. It's not like you could predict a whole lot of what would eventually go down in Ep 3 on the basis of the first chapters either.

Phaesphora
Jan 26, 2016, 03:03 PM
If anyone on Ship 6 is interested, I'd be up for light-to-medium, SoL or plot-based. Walk-ups are okay in the MP fields. I'm no expert on the story though, since I'm still at the beginning of the second Matterboard.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 03:48 PM
It seems like majority are in Ship 2 and we are kind of expecting that everyone else are in the same page. Perhaps we can convince you to make a character over on Ship 2?

Levlia
Jan 26, 2016, 03:58 PM
Hello

I'm still quite new to pso2 but I am interested in trying RP. I've never done it before, I am on ship 02 though. Other then that I am on pacific time, on weekend I can get on when ever aslong as im not working xD

Honestly I have no idea about anything to do with Role playing so.. be gentle lol

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 04:04 PM
Hello

I'm still quite new to pso2 but I am interested in trying RP. I've never done it before, I am on ship 02 though. Other then that I am on pacific time, on weekend I can get on when ever aslong as im not working xD

Honestly I have no idea about anything to do with Role playing so.. be gentle lol

Ahh no biggie with the right set of people you'll be well on your way living a double life on pso2 also ir depends on the group you're with but I don't meeting up with you to help out with this rp stuff.

I'm in the central time and Im usually on unless I'm caught up in Hexen xD

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 04:04 PM
Welcome aboard then. I am sure all of us will help you get adjusted to roleplaying at least

SilkaN
Jan 26, 2016, 04:33 PM
Count me in.

But tbh, I don't like the idea of having a major plot going on. Most of the time, the shit RPers try to make up is just batshit insane and ridiculous. Especially when the game's so Japanese in design like PSO2.

Character back stories and small sub plots that don't deviate too much from the lore are fine, imo.

IronKrone
Jan 26, 2016, 04:47 PM
Character back stories and small sub plots that don't deviate too much from the lore are fine, imo.

I like this as well, rather than going completely off-tangent from the main story.

I feel like we can do casual slice-of-life rps for a while until we get a general understanding of what's happening in ep 4; then we can start doing some simple plots without deviating too far from the lore? That should give us time to interact in-game and discuss which direction we want to take things. (Because, c'mon, people may get bored from doing only slice-of-life rps all the time.)

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 04:49 PM
Count me in.

But tbh, I don't like the idea of having a major plot going on. Most of the time, the shit RPers try to make up is just batshit insane and ridiculous. Especially when the game's so Japanese in design like PSO2.

I like you alot already :p Welcome to the party heres your dungeon master beard, D80, Grid paper, pencils, figurines, annnd a guide book. Yer welcome!

Kroe: FRACKIN GENIUS!!!!

Dycize
Jan 26, 2016, 05:03 PM
"Casual" RP with bits of things happening in between is a good way to go (one I did before), so I'm OK with that development.
I've seen some of those crazy plots some people got going in, in PSO2 too even! Ah, the "memories"...

thehondachef
Jan 26, 2016, 05:11 PM
-[Develops a thousand-yard stare]-

Levlia
Jan 26, 2016, 05:15 PM
Alrighty!

how should I go about making a BG? should I just let you guys look at my IGC and see what makes most sense xD

@Thehondachef
nice picture by the way!

Dycize
Jan 26, 2016, 05:18 PM
You can also try sending someone you trust (well you're new so you'll have to go in blind about that) an idea of your BG in PM and they can send you feedback.
I wouldn't mind doing so.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 05:20 PM
Slice of Life is definitely considered to be the safest way to plot things through without fully touching the lore. Especially since not everyone will be fond or familiar to PSO2 lore. Maybe we could eventually discuss and organize things once we all are on same page and understand the structure of the game's lore.

I am okay with regular personal development RP, considering that we still have new people coming in to show interest.

Antecia
Jan 26, 2016, 05:24 PM
I'd like to be included in this. I have never really RPed in PSO2, but I'd like to give it a try. Seems like RP Community has gotten much better than before :)

Are we all going to PM each other about our ideas for slice-of-life backgrounds?

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 05:32 PM
I'd like to be included in this. I have never really RPed in PSO2, but I'd like to give it a try. Seems like RP Community has gotten much better than before :)

Are we all going to PM each other about our ideas for slice-of-life backgrounds?

The RP community was always great... it was just "That One Group" but they disbanded or so I heard other than that the community is rockin!

IronKrone
Jan 26, 2016, 05:32 PM
I think it might be easier to have the character BG and other basic information (their look, age, personality, etc) complied into a list somewhere. That way everyone can see everyone's else.

At this point, we can just start brainstorming our character background and such? PMs can be used if you want someone else to take a look at that. And no need to do that if you already have it set, obviously.

SilkaN
Jan 26, 2016, 05:35 PM
Alrighty!

how should I go about making a BG? should I just let you guys look at my IGC and see what makes most sense xD

@Thehondachef
nice picture by the way!

Just keep this in mind:

Don't try to be the ONE dark experiment that went horribly wrong and is now looking to make the scientists pay with their superpowers that nobody else has.
Many people have something like this in mind, and all I can say about it is just:
pls no

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 05:41 PM
Just keep this in mind:

Don't try to be the ONE dark experiment that went horribly wrong and is now looking to make the scientists pay with their superpowers that nobody else has.
Many people have something like this in mind, and all I can say about it is just:
pls no

I dont think I've seen anyone do scientific experiment that went wrong before for this game. Well at least I hope we don't jinx it.

Dycize
Jan 26, 2016, 05:44 PM
Experiment gone wrong I haven't seen, but regular experiments I did.
I just play a tough caseal.

SilkaN
Jan 26, 2016, 05:48 PM
I dont think I've seen anyone do scientific experiment that went wrong before for this game. Well at least I hope we don't jinx it.

What I was trying to say was:

Don't try to be the special snowflake, everyone else is just as important as you.
Or:
Don't try to be the MC.

thehondachef
Jan 26, 2016, 05:52 PM
I played a bespectacled, mild-mannered ARKS intelligence analyst that worked to help others determine and develop their own potential. For reasons.

That being my character background allowed me to give people RP pointers, while also developing our characters.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 05:53 PM
What I was trying to say was:

Don't try to be the special snowflake, everyone else is just as important as you.
Or:
Don't try to be the MC.

Isn't that usually the "General Rule"?

I am pretty sure everyone doesn't want to be a special snowflake, and even if there is, it should be everyone's job to convince that player to lower it down.

Besides, I am sure there will be some chapters or private RP arcs that people do will have their own special snowflake. As long as it doesn't affect other players.

SilkaN
Jan 26, 2016, 06:23 PM
Isn't that usually the "General Rule"?

I am pretty sure everyone doesn't want to be a special snowflake, and even if there is, it should be everyone's job to convince that player to lower it down.

Besides, I am sure there will be some chapters or private RP arcs that people do will have their own special snowflake. As long as it doesn't affect other players.

It's really easy to say that this is some sort of "general rule", but if you don't spell out certain things, people WILL miss it. Especially when they are new to RP.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 06:41 PM
So to prevent that, isn't it our job to help players to avoid such issues? Rather than ranting about it, I mean.

Thienien
Jan 26, 2016, 06:47 PM
I Roleplay a clan of Amazonian Cannibals "The Tatanka Man Eaters" (TUH TON KUH)

Mintaka Tatanka (age 20); (Actual Height 8ft 9 inches or 7 cubits and a span) = An Intelligence Agent of the Tatanka clan who seduces enemy forces with her beauty (and booty) and natural seductive aura forcing foes to try and capture her and wind up failing due to underestimation of her super abilities since enemies thinks she's only skilled with guns and not super human strength. This makes her a master manipulator to the highest degree using the sexual thinking patterns of a man to her advantage and even to escape life threatening situations. As a sacrifice this Aura often provokes her fellow comrades into rage of not being able to find a gem as beautiful as her and envy is brought out of the even most humble arks members; in short, Mintaka Does not get along with Jealous Arks or clan members and often plays inside their heads to get them angry for sport; little do they know every time they insult her she simply laughs it off and is convinced her Aura has already seduced them earning her the nick name "Envy Generator or Riot Queen"

Jade Tatanka (Age 700) (Actual Height 12ft 12 Inches)= Leader of the Tatanka clan. Rarely speaking Jade is a heavy drinker and often ferments the blood of her enemies to make alcoholic drinks in her gourd. She effortlessly sucked the life out of Guar Zigmorde the dominatrix of all Kuronites and became cursed to her benefit with Kuronite abilties and Ogar Markings; also making her less Docile and more aggressive in the battle field earning her name "Mother Hunger or Mother Kuronite". Jade and Mintaka often clash in Authority although Mintaka isn't anywhere near in power to challenge Jade but Mintaka insists that Jade not screw up her Rhythm. Rumor has it she is actually the Goddess of The Tatanka clan stated by Judah of the Lioness clan to the far east and is out to conquer the Kuronites and eventually Humanity.

Dathea Tatanka = (Age 16) Dathea is a New breed of Amazonian Tatanka Cannibals one who was not born with a taste for flesh but has a high spiritual energy in which she can easily control Photon elements. Coming in contact with Mintaka has the Young puritan of the Tatanka clan wearing almost immodest apparel. Mintaka insists its to "distract enemies" Dathea is the shortest of all the Amazonians at disappointing (5ft 8 inches).

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 06:56 PM
It's really easy to say that this is some sort of "general rule", but if you don't spell out certain things, people WILL miss it. Especially when they are new to RP.

^ THIS 9,001% PERCENT plus its the group organizer's to lay out "The rules" for participants to go by but rules and stuff varies from group to group

And chill broheims just attend the meeting if you're interested or whatever. The rules and guidlines will be etched out or something

Great Pan
Jan 26, 2016, 06:59 PM
Sometimes I roleplayed as my namesake mobile suit's pilot. Otherwise, a typical perverted one-chan character XD.

Yotou
Jan 26, 2016, 07:06 PM

Mintaka Tatanka (age 20); (Actual Height 8ft 9 inches or 7 cubits and a span) = An Intelligence Agent of the Tatanka clan who seduces enemy forces with her beauty (and booty) and natural seductive aura forcing foes to try and capture her and wind up failing due to underestimation of her super abilities since enemies thinks she's only skilled with guns and not super human strength. This makes her a master manipulator to the highest degree using the sexual thinking patterns of a man to her advantage and even to escape life threatening situations. As a sacrifice this Aura often provokes her fellow comrades into rage of not being able to find a gem as beautiful as her and envy is brought out of the even most humble arks members; in short, Mintaka Does not get along with Jealous Arks or clan members and often plays inside their heads to get them angry for sport; little do they know every time they insult her she simply laughs it off and is convinced her Aura has already seduced them earning her the nick name "Envy Generator or Riot Queen"

Jade Tatanka (Age 700) (Actual Height 12ft 12 Inches)= Leader of the Tatanka clan. Rarely speaking Jade is a heavy drinker and often ferments the blood of her enemies to make alcoholic drinks in her gourd. She effortlessly sucked the life out of Guar Zigmorde the dominatrix of all Kuronites and became cursed to her benefit with Kuronite abilties and Ogar Markings; also making her less Docile and more aggressive in the battle field earning her name "Mother Hunger or Mother Kuronite". Jade and Mintaka often clash in Authority although Mintaka isn't anywhere near in power to challenge Jade but Mintaka insists that Jade not screw up her Rhythm. Rumor has it she is actually the Goddess of The Tatanka clan stated by Judah of the Lioness clan to the far east and is out to conquer the Kuronites and eventually Humanity.

Dathea Tatanka = (Age 16) Dathea is a New breed of Amazonian Tatanka Cannibals one who was not born with a taste for flesh but has a high spiritual energy in which she can easily control Photon elements. Coming in contact with Mintaka has the Young puritan of the Tatanka clan wearing almost immodest apparel. Mintaka insists its to "distract enemies" Dathea is the shortest of all the Amazonians at disappointing (5ft 8 inches).

Dathea that forest dancer chick i saw in B1 who helped me beat that giant samurai ice dude?

Nice stories btw! Sounds like an actual anime! How does a brotha join this clan???

Traumin
Jan 26, 2016, 07:09 PM
I Rp'd a newman/deuman lady with my old group before it died out ;-;

Vintasticvin
Jan 26, 2016, 07:09 PM
Dathea that forest dancer chick i saw in B1 who helped me beat that giant samurai ice thing?

Nice stories btw! Sounds like an actual anime!

Ice Samurai? Thats Good ol Triple G

Yotou
Jan 26, 2016, 09:12 PM
Ice Samurai? Thats Good ol Triple G

Good ol triple g? LMAO

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 26, 2016, 09:15 PM
How to Roleplay?

I'm curious as to how this is done and why people do it.

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2016, 09:17 PM
why people do it.
Because it's fun? :wacko:

BIG OLAF
Jan 26, 2016, 09:39 PM
How to Roleplay?

I'm curious as to how this is done and why people do it.

You just speak and act as someone who isn't you, that's literally it.

Anyway, as for why people do it, it's just because the like it, and it can be good mental exercise to improv like that. I used to be big into it when I was in my early teens, but I kinda grew out of it and, quite frankly, find it very embarrassing nowadays.

If other people like to do it, that's good for them - I'm happy they enjoy it. Hell, there's a couple people at my work who are my age and still have the balls to get a crew together and play old-fashioned DnD, like sitting around the table and roleplay-act, etc., on the weekends. I never did any 'live-action' roleplay like that, because I'm way too self-conscious for that, so that just seems humiliating to me, but they get their kicks, so it's whatever.

thehondachef
Jan 26, 2016, 09:43 PM
I always found it kind of funny how roleplaying is questioned. It's like people glossed over and forgot the meaning of the genre known as the "RPG".

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 09:46 PM
I always found it kind of funny how roleplaying is questioned. It's like people glossed over and forgot the meaning of the genre known as the "RPG".

Well it's not like CRPGs in general and the MMO ones in particular were exactly heavy on it. By strict definitions they probably shouldn't be called "RPGs" at all.

illegaleagle90
Jan 26, 2016, 10:00 PM
This is rather fascinating discussion to say the least. I'll be available to join in this project should we be able to come together and help get it off the ground.

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 26, 2016, 10:01 PM
When I created my character, I gave her a design and all that, but I never gave her a personality. She just became a female extension/avatar for myself.

I usually just like to self-insert when I play RPGs, so this Roleplay thing actually seems pretty cool.

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2016, 10:27 PM
When I created my character, I gave her a design and all that, but I never gave her a personality. She just became a female extension/avatar for myself.

I usually just like to self-insert when I play RPGs, so this Roleplay thing actually seems pretty cool.Honestly, even though I come up with personalities and backgrounds for my characters, I rarely ever RP, I prefer original settings for RPing, and I'm too slow for doing it live.

BIG OLAF
Jan 26, 2016, 10:28 PM

I usually just like to self-insert when I play RPGs, so this Roleplay thing actually seems pretty cool.

Right, you'd essentially just pretend to actually be your character and interact with other people who are also pretending to be their characters. That's all there is to it, and the possibilities are almost limitless, really.

thehondachef
Jan 26, 2016, 10:33 PM
For the most part, that's the easiest way to do it. Create a character background that works with who you actually are. If you really want to get creative, you can go the whole nine yards with a completely original character and act it out. Might be a good idea to play it the former way until you get used to roleplaying with others, though.

Thienien
Jan 27, 2016, 12:03 AM

thehondachef
Jan 27, 2016, 01:26 AM
....A little quick to the trigger there, Ace. You should probably wait for people to at least *start* to take you seriously before you start trolling. Go for the long game.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 01:33 AM
Eh, makes for a good chuckle once in a while.

Thienien
Jan 27, 2016, 02:17 AM
....A little quick to the trigger there, Ace. You should probably wait for people to at least *start* to take you seriously before you start trolling. Go for the long game.

No idea what the fuck you're talking about but keep hating i guess.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 27, 2016, 02:22 AM
I could probably dedicate at least one character for RP. That'd be fun.

Macman
Jan 27, 2016, 06:15 AM
At this point I think it'll be better to just ignore her.
Got a lot of accounts to ignore because of all the people quoting them trying to act cool. :wacko:

Antecia
Jan 27, 2016, 06:58 AM
Well this trolling is probably not going to stop, and it seems like I've read enough.

Should this happen for every thread every time we plan for RP in PSO World, then I'd rather plan for finding a different community or make a new community for Roleplayers or even friendly people with Mods who will actually do their job.

If anyone is willing to talk about RP or try to plan out stuff since this thread is being derailed, please PM me.

I hope everyone did still click report on that member for excessive trolling and also saying few inappropriate words

yoshiblue
Jan 27, 2016, 07:01 AM
Have you tried paying them?

Antecia
Jan 27, 2016, 07:03 AM
If the mods are expecting to be paid while running this forum to stop trolls, then they are the worst.

Sayara
Jan 27, 2016, 07:37 AM
Hi i was asleep. I do that sometimes.

Can we not do that? Thanks. Continue to post as you were then. Thanks.

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 08:40 AM
I am glad to know that this community is full of eccentric trolls.

Antecia, are you in Ship 2?

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 08:50 AM
I am glad to know that this community is full of eccentric trolls.

Antecia, are you in Ship 2?

Really shouldn't matter if they're from ship 2 or not cause this forum is jam packed with all kinds of trolls and thatvwas some guud trollin bro

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 08:53 AM
Really shouldn't matter if they're from ship 2 or not cause this forum is jam packed with all kinds of trolls and thatvwas some guud trollin bro

What? I am asking Antecia if he/she plays Ship 2 since the person asked to PM in regards to Roleplaying. Also, are you actually seeking for RP or are you actually in the thread to troll around? Because I can't tell exactly since you've not been so actually productive.

SilkaN
Jan 27, 2016, 08:58 AM
What? I am asking Antecia if he/she plays Ship 2 since the person asked to PM in regards to Roleplaying. Also, are you actually seeking for RP or are you actually in the thread to troll around? Because I can't tell exactly since you've not been so actually productive.

Come on, I know you didn't start this, but please stop with these provocations already.
I know PSOW isn't exactly known to be mature, but we should discuss our RP instead of accusing each other of bullshit. If you see a troll or think someone wants to troll, just ignore it.

Anyway, how about a new PSOW group?
If yes, we should start with character lists.

Name

What kind of person you are
What do you expect from this RP

and so on.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 09:10 AM
Come on, I know you didn't start this, but please stop with these provocations already.
I know PSOW isn't exactly known to be mature, but we should discuss our RP instead of accusing each other of bullshit. If you see a troll or think someone wants to troll, just ignore it.

Anyway, how about a new PSOW group?
If yes, we should start with character lists.

Name

What kind of person you are
What do you expect from this RP

and so on.

I wouldn't pay any mind to that rage Silkan and you keeping the peace is well appreciated.

See folks this is Silkan.

Silkan is helping the OP get things rolling.

Be like Silkan!

For those raging chill. Have a snickers

-Edit-

SilkaN
Jan 27, 2016, 09:21 AM
I wouldn't pay any mind to that rage Silkan and you keeping the peace is well appreciated.

See folks this is Silkan.

Silkan is helping the OP get things rolling.

Be like Silkan!

For those raging chill. Have a snickers

-Edit-

The sarcasm is strong with this one...

Nitro Vordex
Jan 27, 2016, 09:35 AM
So is this a no-go at this point? :wacko:

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 09:40 AM
The sarcasm is strong with this one...

^^; Guiltyyyy but I'll be takin a bow for so peace love and fried rappy wings.

thehondachef
Jan 27, 2016, 09:50 AM
So is this a no-go at this point? :wacko:

RP has always been a go. Question is where you find other people to RP with. The people who caused the last (PSOW-organized) RP group to fail are still here (and posting in this thread), so consider that.

Now consider that most people of that group still RP together, but simply don't speak out here for reasons that should be obvious by now. Just put yourself out there and don't take crap from people who don't want to contribute to a cooperative storytelling activity.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 27, 2016, 09:51 AM
I don't know who is in either "group".

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 10:10 AM
There isn't a "group" per say anymore due to several dramas that occurred in between people. Neith's only half right about that part since a lot of people didn't want to agree on same page and lot of disagreements and opinions have ripped apart the relations.

It's something that -CAN- be fixed. But few of the people no longer show any interest in fixing those problems, instead people just segregated themselves to do their own thing instead.

So what Neith is really saying is: Do the RP and make a group - but don't expect everyone will be on the same page.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 10:23 AM
I don't know who is in either "group".

Really doesn't matter right now except for the group OP is trying to get together and what Honda said just get out there look around and see if you a group that might interest you.

As for the last organised group it looked like a spartan (Arks) vs Odst (average soldier) thing then there's that fabled group thats was spoken of but neither group is important in this thread What does matter is the group OP is trying to get together

SilkaN
Jan 27, 2016, 10:28 AM
Really doesn't matter right now except for the group OP is trying to get together and what Honda said just get out there look around and see if you a group that might interest you.

As for the last organised group it looked like a spartan (Arks) vs Odst (average soldier) thing then there's that fabled group thats was spoken of but neither group is important in this thread What does matter is the group OP is trying to get together

pm me, now I'm interested. :P

Antecia
Jan 27, 2016, 10:28 AM
You guys done accusing and pointing fingers? Because I am still waiting to see who will make the initiative to get this RP plot going.

Rupikachu
Jan 27, 2016, 10:34 AM
Wait... people is trying to organize another RP group?

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 10:35 AM
So back on the topic. It seems that in Episode 4's first part - you notice that the girl from the Earth definitely is not aware of what's going on and she is completely helpless.

So Antecia, the idea of Earthling being ARKs is probably not gonna happen since ARKs can only exist in PSO2 game and PSO2 world, and they are the only ones who can enter and leave Earth.

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 10:37 AM
Wait... people is trying to organize another RP group?

Seems like we are trying to revive it. At least hoping that this one will work out instead.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 10:40 AM
Because I am still waiting to see who will make the initiative to get this RP plot going.

Might wanna check in on Zanverse for that.

Edit: Might wanna give Zanverse a try before considering the "potentially reviving" group Aldotsk mentioned or the other group that faded away.

thehondachef
Jan 27, 2016, 11:13 AM
"Faded away" isn't really accurate. We just stopped organizing here. ._.

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 11:15 AM
Reviving group is just a stretched word that I just suggested, but honestly - if we were to really get RP going, I'd rather have a new set of mind where people will actually try not to think about what has happened in the past and focus on who is trying to get a new group together like Zanverse is doing.

What's done is done, and if we keep looking back at the previous drama - it'll repeat itself. Should we really want to make this happen as Ante wanted, then we might as well as start writing backgrounds and profiles and submit to Zanverse.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 11:16 AM
"Faded away" isn't really accurate. We just stopped organizing here. ._.

I didn't mean the one you're in I meant another group that faded away. Good bunch of people that were on a good streak

-Edit-
I have no idea what you're ranting on about but thats cool no idea who "we" is but nyeh best of luck of your future endeavors Ald?

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 01:53 PM
Edit:

I'll just pretend that it is just a way of encouragement and I hope we can put our past aside, Vin and to everyone else.

Antecia
Jan 27, 2016, 01:58 PM
From what I gather, I think you both need to stop before there is more argument. The way I see it, I think it is all out our fault for not really trying hard to understand each other to make this work.

It's been at least a year since the former group broke apart and it is 2016. People should move on and put a new resolution to mend problems and talk to each other in private. Be friends again, or at least pretend to cooperate without making snide comments at each other.

Should you guys want to argue, take it to the PMs.

I am also waiting for Zanverse's PM which I didn't receive yet.

IronKrone
Jan 27, 2016, 02:34 PM
Zanverse is mostly likely at school right now, which explains why he has been quiet on here.

Anyways... now we have the rough translation of what's going on in 4-1 (if you've been reading the other thread), I say we work on our characters' backgrounds and post it here, maybe? It might be nice to have it on Google doc or somewhere we can edit it easily instead of having Zanverse add it to the first post and messaging him to change it everytime something is added.

Also, a question for all of you guys as I'm considering the character for this RP. (Have to make a new one).
Would you mind if I create a character from anime and RP as them? I'd alter their personality slightly to fit PSO2 background and such, of course. Or would you rather keep this as original characters only?

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 02:40 PM
I honestly would not mind doing something anime adaptation based character or even original character.

Judging from Episode 4 Chapter 1, it seems like the Earth is alternative dimension itself and that you can be an Earthling to control your character in PSO2 world, OR you can be ARKS in that PSO2 world to jump out into Earth.

The only thing is that people on Earth would not be able to fight and the only thing they can do is to socialize and be moral support.

We will need some kind of GoogleDoc or even a way to talk to each other by chat to plan this out.

IronKrone
Jan 27, 2016, 02:42 PM
Oh, oops, I guess I didn't make that clear enough.

I meant as a character from other anime, not pso2 anime.
(Though I admit, I did consider making Koa. He amuses me.)

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 02:49 PM
Oh, you mean like Saber from Fate/Stay Night or Kirito from SAO?

That depends on the host of the RP (Zanverse in this case). As long as it isn't fully similar from the original anime character that you brought from, I guess that's fine. Who do you have in mind?

Edit:

I'll be a bit blunt here. I did make a character similar aspect to Saber from FATE before as RP for PSO2. I haven't really used her though because I didn't really get a chance to RP as her
#AltistProblems

IronKrone
Jan 27, 2016, 03:02 PM
Hm, I guess you're right. I'll ask him later; or maybe he'll read through the thread and answer it.

I'm thinking about Isaku or Tomesaburou from Nintama Rantarou. I don't think most people know it, since it's a kid anime (kid anime as in... you know, a bomb exploding on someone's face and that character simply gets covered in soot). But since it is for kids, I'm planning to tone down some of the exaggerated characteristics to make the character more realistic.

...Or I should just go with pso2 anime character. I can't make up my mind.

SilkaN
Jan 27, 2016, 03:05 PM
Would you mind if I create a character from anime and RP as them? I'd alter their personality slightly to fit PSO2 background and such, of course. Or would you rather keep this as original characters only?

I wouldn't do that, maybe there'll be other characters from the anime appearing ingame.

edit

Hm, I guess you're right. I'll ask him later; or maybe he'll read through the thread and answer it.

I'm thinking about Isaku or Tomesaburou from Nintama Rantarou. I don't think most people know it, since it's a kid anime (kid anime as in... you know, a bomb exploding on someone's face and that character simply gets covered in soot). But since it is for kids, I'm planning to tone down some of the exaggerated characteristics to make the character more realistic.

...Or I should just go with pso2 anime character. I can't make up my mind.

I just read the other posts...
And I think that's an even worse idea, this breaks the lore even more than Episode 4.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 03:07 PM
Hm, this is some wild Digimon Adventure sounding stuff right here that seems to make for things to be or go balls to the walls insane like some kind of digital dark falz xD Reminds me of Virtual-On

IronKrone
Jan 27, 2016, 03:14 PM
I wouldn't do that, maybe there'll be other characters from the anime appearing ingame.

edit

I just read the other posts...
And I think that's an even worse idea, this breaks the lore even more than Episode 4.

Ah, right.. I didn't consider that.

I'm not trying to break the lore though. It's not like I was going to make them be from some other dimension. I was going to make them as Arks, if that makes sense?

I'll just check with Zanverse first, then decide. I'm currently messing around with the character creator anyways; if a good original character idea comes to mind, maybe I'll just go with that.

SilkaN
Jan 27, 2016, 03:21 PM
Ah, right.. I didn't consider that.

I'm not trying to break the lore though. It's not like I was going to make them be from some other dimension. I was going to make them as Arks, if that makes sense?

I'll just check with Zanverse first, then decide. I'm currently messing around with the character creator anyways; if a good original character idea comes to mind, maybe I'll just go with that.

I'm not too sure about that, this sounds like one of these ridiculous plots I mentioned earlier.
No offense though, but apparently "reality" and "PSO2 reality" are already mixing, so why throw in another random dimension? It's even stranger when your RP character is basically fictional in "reality".
Things would just go in weird directions.
I don't want to limit your creativity in any way, but I hope you get my point.

Edit.
Oh. I missed a word and thought you wanted them to magically appear from another dimension. My bad.
Well, if the character somehow fits into PSO2's design and lore, I'll be fine with it. Although I prefer OCs.

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 03:42 PM
Yeah I was originally going to say no but I've noticed that he said he wanted to just resemble the character's appearance just that he would follow everything else through PSO2's concept. So I pretty much gave a thumb up.

But Iron, I am sure Zanverse won't say no to it. It's a casual RP to make friends and to develop characters. Nothing big of any sort.

Levlia
Jan 27, 2016, 03:48 PM
lol um.. is there a forum I can fill out xD
I'm still not really sure what exactly I am suppose to do to make a BG.
Worst part is I've only completed E.1 Ch.1 ( currently working on ch.2 )

so I don't know any off the lore basicly ?.?
Something simple that lay's out the base of what I need and what I can work on overtime would be helpful.

I already have two characters created should i delete one and start a new character so i have a clean slate or would my main be just fine?

DRAGONxNOGARD
Jan 27, 2016, 03:50 PM
pso2 is more RP than PvE but should open PvP...wait here is in TD EQ when you want be 1st in ranking

Antecia
Jan 27, 2016, 03:53 PM
It seems like we could like open an mIRC chat or discord to discuss this further . I am sure some people won't mind at least.

What does everyone else think? I'll open up discord chat for everyone to join and chat and we could have Zanverse to join in and share his idea too.

Aldotsk
Jan 27, 2016, 03:54 PM
lol um.. is there a forum I can fill out xD
I'm still not really sure what exactly I am suppose to do to make a BG.
Worst part is I've only completed E.1 Ch.1 ( currently working on ch.2 )

so I don't know any off the lore basicly ?.?
Something simple that lay's out the base of what I need and what I can work on overtime would be helpful.

I already have two characters created should i delete one and start a new character so i have a clean slate or would my main be just fine?

You probably don't need to delete your character since you get free other two characters. At least I think you only have one character by my own guess. Try to make another character instead and see where it'll go.

Edit: Antecia, give us the Discord link if you make it then.

Levlia
Jan 27, 2016, 05:06 PM
This is off-topic

what is Discord? is it another voip chat?

IronKrone
Jan 27, 2016, 05:12 PM
Yeah I was originally going to say no but I've noticed that he said he wanted to just resemble the character's appearance just that he would follow everything else through PSO2's concept. So I pretty much gave a thumb up.

But Iron, I am sure Zanverse won't say no to it. It's a casual RP to make friends and to develop characters. Nothing big of any sort.

I know but... I thought it couldn't hurt to check with you guys and hear what you thought of it.

It seems like we could like open an mIRC chat or discord to discuss this further . I am sure some people won't mind at least.

What does everyone else think? I'll open up discord chat for everyone to join and chat and we could have Zanverse to join in and share his idea too.

This sounds like a good idea. We should be able to discuss things more efficiently.

This is off-topic

what is Discord? is it another voip chat?

It's not really off-topic since we want to discuss what to do with plot and such.
I've never used discord before but yes, I assume it's some sort of chatting system.

illegaleagle90
Jan 27, 2016, 05:20 PM
Discord is another chat application. It's tailored specifically for gamers. It's pretty good actually.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 05:31 PM
Krone, if Zanverse gives you the greenlight it really shouldn't matter what anyone thinks its your thing and if they don't no worries

Its super casual until someone decides they wanna hijack the group from him/her and transform it into something very horrible.

Vintasticvin
Jan 27, 2016, 10:36 PM
So I guess all the people went to the discord chat?

Nitro Vordex
Jan 27, 2016, 10:42 PM
Someone PM me an invite to the Discord channel!

IronKrone
Jan 27, 2016, 10:52 PM
Krone, if Zanverse gives you the greenlight it really shouldn't matter what anyone thinks its your thing and if they don't no worries

Its super casual until someone decides they wanna hijack the group from him/her and transform it into something very horrible.

Ahh, thank you, Vin. It seems like Zan hasn't checked on here yet though. I guess he's busy?

And as for discord chat... I'm not sure if someone did set up one or not. I didn't get the link either, soooo.

illegaleagle90
Jan 27, 2016, 11:28 PM
Seems like Zanverse might be a bit busy...

EP4 just happened, and there might be some good material to work with, seeing what there could be in store. Still wouldn't hurt to check out some cut-scenes of the previous episodes for some information.

Still... there's as much in the game world that we've chosen to RP left to interpretation... so...
there's quite some range here as long as the character can be written well and the players have fun with this thing, we can have an RP thing going on.

I have no idea how people are going to organize outside of these forums, or what kinds of hooks, plots what have you they'll throw in the to get the ball rolling. I could provide some myself, but I don't really have enough data and knowledge of the game to feel confident in doing that.

Antecia
Jan 27, 2016, 11:57 PM
Hello,

Sorry about massive delays. I've finally had some chance to set up Discord chat so it should be fine now.

As for Discord link, I will put it up for couple of days and see where it goes. Since we've had long share of trolls today - so I want to make sure we won't deal with them in Discord.

PSO-W somehow doesn't want me to post Discord link. So check on my comments in my profile. :)

Sora Yuuki
Jan 28, 2016, 12:00 AM
Hello,

Sorry about massive delays. I've finally had some chance to set up Discord chat so it should be fine now.

As for Discord link, I will put it up for couple of days and see where it goes. Since we've had long share of trolls today - so I want to make sure we won't deal with them in Discord.

PSO-W somehow doesn't want me to post Discord link. So check on my comments in my profile. :)

It was your post count that was keeping you from posting it. I think you should be fine now.

OT: This sounds like a pretty cool idea. I might express interest in RP. I've seen JP players all get together and RP as NPCs. I always found those random encounters interesting.

thehondachef
Jan 28, 2016, 12:01 AM
You're up to 10 posts now, Antecia. You can probably post it now.

Antecia
Jan 28, 2016, 12:02 AM
Oh! Awesome. I guess I didn't read that properly.

Here is the link then. I hope we get to know each other through Discord then!
https://discord.gg/0mITivkgBpurFTBX

Aldotsk
Jan 28, 2016, 12:54 AM
There are only four of us, but feel free to jump in.

Discordapp.com is where you download the app or you can use browser to run the program too.

Vintasticvin
Jan 28, 2016, 08:26 AM
(Please note that although the Discord will very helpful. It is managed and operated by another RP group that may or may not be in collaboration with Zanverse.)

Antecia
Jan 28, 2016, 08:50 AM
Well yes, I was intending to have Zanverse be in charge of the RP that he was about to run. I'd rather hop that Zan would show up on Discord so we can actually process with the next step. He hasn't responded to my PM yet.

I'd appreciate it if you also step into the Discord and share your ideas too if possible, Vintasticvin. I really don't want to label my Discord as another group.

Zanverse
Jan 28, 2016, 05:34 PM
Fffff, sorry for not paying attention to this thread. I was told that you guys were actually interested in this RP, and would like me to take charge, so I logged on right away. I'll make a Discord account, and we'll discuss things there.

Ranmo
Jan 28, 2016, 05:39 PM
Are you guys only communicating via discord? Or is RP happening in game as well? I'm at work atm, but I'd love to join in on this.

IronKrone
Jan 28, 2016, 05:42 PM
Are you guys only communicating via discord? Or is RP happening in game as well? I'm at work atm, but I'd love to join in on this.

We're currently discussing things like, plots and backgrounds, on Discord since we haven't officially started RPing yet.

We are going to RP in-game but there has been a talk about possibly doing it on Discord as well since not everyone can log on often or be on at the same time.

Please, feel free to join us after work if you're still interested!

Ranmo
Jan 28, 2016, 05:55 PM
Sounds great! I won't be home until about 7 PDT. So if the discord chat ends before that, do you think you could possibly send me a PM?

I only ask since that's still a whopping 4 hours from now :/

IronKrone
Jan 28, 2016, 06:12 PM
Of course!

I think you can get into the Discord chat and read over things to catch up but I can PM you a summary anyways, if you want!

Ranmo
Jan 28, 2016, 06:16 PM
Oh, I didn't know you could read chat history. I've only used it like once and I know links expire so I figured all that would be gone.

thehondachef
Jan 28, 2016, 11:36 PM
There was a public link posted to the Discord chatroom...

Antecia
Jan 28, 2016, 11:54 PM
There is a Discord link in Page 15, I am sorry if you didn't notice it Vintasticvin.

I have no intention of excluding anyone out. I even asked you to join us in the previous page so I can get to know you and you can get along and cooperate too.

Antecia
Jan 31, 2016, 11:17 AM
Bumping the thread.

Discord for RP link has been updated:
https://discord.gg/0mITivkgBpsG2hkp

Vintasticvin
Jan 31, 2016, 05:14 PM
We're currently discussing things like, plots and backgrounds, on Discord since we haven't officially started RPing yet.

We are going to RP in-game but there has been a talk about possibly doing it on Discord as well since not everyone can log on often or be on at the same time.

Please, feel free to join us after work if you're still interested!

Thats a a big lie Kroe no offense but Its basically just a general chat with a good amount of flirting... very little rp planning etc -shrugs- it is what it is I guess they're trying to figure out who did the story up to now and who didn't if there is any rp planning going on.

Antecia
Jan 31, 2016, 06:25 PM
Vintasticvin, I am sorry. We are talking about RP stuff on OOC and people had been discussing lores, races, and NPCs with Zanverse's plans on what he wanted to make for our campaign. If you have any ideas, it'd be nice if you could be part of the conversation instead of labeling it as we aren't really talking about anything productive in Discord :/

I've noticed that you did join. Perhaps you could share about your character?

thehondachef
Jan 31, 2016, 08:41 PM
Even Zanverse said that the RP would be casual while we figure out how everyone's characters fit into the world. No one 'did' the story. There is no overarching plot that we've decided on yet, and some of the people in the chatgroup still need to work on their characters (as well as some having technical issues with their computers.)

Antecia
Feb 1, 2016, 07:57 AM
So I figured out a permanent Discord link. Here it is:
https://discord.gg/0mITivkgBpqHTmKC