PDA

View Full Version : 1-26 Icon Analysis Lavis Cannon + FFXIV Relics Spotted

Goukezitsu
Jan 26, 2016, 04:23 PM
So i figured this could be a new thread so we can all collectively dive into these icons and find some interesting stuff to talk about.

Here's all the icons from the update in rare form including enemies, accesories, weapons, camo, clothing and small icons:
https://mega.nz/#!Oh8UVTZJ!xApi283jfdOGGp_QA5oRG7a_8zmZYF_T-h73DOyqJpM

and heres the imgur form of the small icons Arkeido posted here:
http://imgur.com/a/Csady

I was browsing force and my jaw almost dropped when I saw what appears to be the Black mage relic star dust rod and the white mage relic thyrus beside one another.

http://i.imgur.com/5WltW9E.jpg

Does this mean we will have a FFXIV collab with outfits and a new boss from there??

I also found what looks like Vivienne and a few other pso related weapons inside such as lavis cannon and the actual red saber being a weapon as well and not just a camo.

http://i.imgur.com/7c99ig4.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/xBEIZM0.jpg

Oh and lavis cannon and red saber appear to be double sabers.

Let's keep digging and see what we can find :O!

http://i.imgur.com/Q3k2qMk.jpg
(P.S. I just find these awesome)

Qualia
Jan 26, 2016, 04:28 PM
Oh wow, nice FFXIV find. Pretty excited now.

Massaki
Jan 26, 2016, 04:30 PM
Simply amazing. And to think some people called me stupid for saying this would come true from a simple interview that was hosted years ago with Sakai and Yoshi-P where both admitted to wanting to have a collaboration between both games.

femme fatale
Jan 26, 2016, 04:31 PM
welp those might be lichts or camos but vivienne appears to be a new 13* looking at the frames background.

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2016, 04:34 PM
welp those might be lichts or camos but vivienne appears to be a new 13* looking at the frames background.Camos have light mint backgrounds.

femme fatale
Jan 26, 2016, 04:35 PM
Camos have light mint backgrounds.

oh tru

wahahaha
Jan 26, 2016, 04:37 PM
Dont forget those weapons (like red saber) were announced to be camos for Valentine's update.
Except for the 13* DS

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2016, 04:41 PM
Oh. Huh. I guess this means we'll have decent outfits now.

jooozek
Jan 26, 2016, 04:51 PM
"pls make collab with us pls forgive for deleter ff14 pls pls pls"

Goukezitsu
Jan 26, 2016, 04:57 PM
Dont forget those weapons (like red saber) were announced to be camos for Valentine's update.
Except for the 13* DS

I'm aware, however, that red saber also has a camo icon seperate from is weapon icon so it's listed as both. Also, Lavis cannon has no camo icon.

Also, the FFXIV weapons are not listed as camos. They could be licht or just 12*s or something.

Edit: I think i just found the monk relic Sphairai as well.

http://i.imgur.com/CS0Rcye.jpg

jooozek
Jan 26, 2016, 05:02 PM
yep
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/finalfantasy/images/d/d3/SphairaiXIV.png/revision/latest?cb=20120614011605

Poyonche
Jan 26, 2016, 05:05 PM
I noticed that there aren't any "Wanda PA Discs" nor "Torim PA Discs". Maybe they have all their PA that level as they level up ?

This or I'm just blind.

jooozek
Jan 26, 2016, 05:07 PM
I noticed that there aren't any "Wanda PA Discs" nor "Torim PA Discs". Maybe they have all their PA that level as they level up ?

This or I'm just blind.

makes sense, or maybe some placeholder PAs for baton that change depending on the pet

Gaylar
Jan 26, 2016, 05:15 PM
Oh shit, Deathbringer?

Fuck yes, please Sega

Goukezitsu
Jan 26, 2016, 05:20 PM
Oh shit, Deathbringer?

Fuck yes, please Sega

Yea. I wasnt too familiar with the new relics sicne i stopped when 2.0 came out but I just looked up some and yea that middle icon looks to be deathbringer.

Xaeris
Jan 26, 2016, 05:24 PM
Turns out Xion and Hydaelyn are sisters separated at birth. Who knew?

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 05:25 PM
Sphiarai.
<| Yes Please |>

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2016, 05:44 PM
I didn't realize until now that FFXIV and PSO2 shared so many weapon types. It seems like nearly half of FFXIV's class weapons can be transferred over to PSO2 with no issues: Sword, fists, lance, daggers, bow, and staff.
1h is a bit tricker, but I can see some of them being used for gunslashes or twin swords. But we've already seen that style used as Katana already, so maybe that's what will happen. Musket can be a rifle with some work, though gunslash gun mode is closer to its style. Then there's Axe, which could just be a 2h sword or partisan skin. Astrologer orb could be a talis. And book... wand? Don't we already have books in PSO2?
I think that accounts for all the weapons? Half of them are directly transferable, and the other half can be done with some work.

So, are we going to have to do codes in all the free-areas until they drop a rare item, and turn all these rare items in for the weapons?

Natsu Nem
Jan 26, 2016, 05:45 PM
Oh boy...

It's time to grind for Zodiac weapons in pso2.

Xaeris
Jan 26, 2016, 05:46 PM
Grind for tomestones, grind for godstones. Same thing.

Aldotsk
Jan 26, 2016, 05:48 PM
200 - TD1 , 200 - TD2 , 200 - TD3 , 200 - TD4, 200 - PD and 200 - Magatsu runs to get your 13* Anima Weapons.

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2016, 05:51 PM
Nah. You'll just need to collect one item from each of the tower defenses.
Each item has a .5% chance of dropping.

Xaeris
Jan 26, 2016, 05:54 PM
Though I'm thinking, FFXIV collabs tend to be reciprocal. If FFXIV content makes an appearance in PSO2, then I'd think PSO2 content would make an appearance in FFXIV. No problem for the JP market, but what about the NA market? Will they just not get it on their datacenters?

Tymek
Jan 26, 2016, 05:58 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZrlocsWkAEM5QM.png
[Persona] and [Elder] outfits...

Zorafim
Jan 26, 2016, 06:01 PM
Though I'm thinking, FFXIV collabs tend to be reciprocal. If FFXIV content makes an appearance in PSO2, then I'd think PSO2 content would make an appearance in FFXIV. No problem for the JP market, but what about the NA market? Will they just not get it on their datacenters?

I haven't heard of FFXIV doing collaborative work. Perhaps jp will have some items in their cash shops, if anything.

Goukezitsu
Jan 26, 2016, 06:02 PM

Haha, inb4 some Kotaku article that's like, "PSO 2 Now Available in North America... On FFXIV."

Thinking on it though, I wonder what content would even be suitable for 14's time period. A lot of the lore is like early century looking stuff so I wonder what they'd take from PSO 2. PSO 2 has the luxury of being able to take literally anything and make it make sense but 14 has a bit tighter set of rules for it's game lol.

sesiom000
Jan 26, 2016, 06:02 PM
Lots of awesome stuff and i just found this:

http://s8.postimg.org/3zkhojbvl/AIS_MAG.png

Holy AIS MAG!!!

DrCatco
Jan 26, 2016, 06:08 PM

Hell yeah, it was time already.

ZER0 DX
Jan 26, 2016, 06:12 PM
Haha, inb4 some Kotaku article that's like, "PSO 2 Now Available in North America... On FFXIV."

Thinking on it though, I wonder what content would even be suitable for 14's time period. A lot of the lore is like early century looking stuff so I wonder what they'd take from PSO 2. PSO 2 has the luxury of being able to take literally anything and make it make sense but 14 has a bit tighter set of rules for it's game lol.

Honestly, with the ARKS being an intergalactic fleet capable of subspace travel, it wouldn't be too farfetchd for them to visit Eorzea. Unless there's some sort of planetary development preservation act they follow.

PrinceyPai
Jan 26, 2016, 06:15 PM
AIS mag is very nice. but I was expecting AIS Cast parts

Zeota
Jan 26, 2016, 06:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/Q3k2qMk.jpg
(P.S. I just find these awesome)

I see a Deathbringer (great sword for dark knights) and Zantetsuken (Odin's sword for paladins). The katana on the left I think is the ninja relic, Yoshimitsu.

Traumin
Jan 26, 2016, 06:33 PM
There's rumor of Loser's outfit being in there (Falz Loser, that is) but I can't find it..

Ziel
Jan 26, 2016, 07:56 PM
Im rather upset by the lack of new cast parts just CV.

Also the amount of female underwear for layered stuff is... ample....

WEED420BLAZEIT
Jan 26, 2016, 08:45 PM
>all dose recolors

Rekku
Jan 26, 2016, 08:51 PM
Maybe it's worth mentioning that the Deathbringer sword (and its corresponding Dark Knight class) only launched around June-July 2015, whereas the relics for other classes came out closer to FFXIV's launch 2 1/2 years ago
Heavensward's development started like... a year and a half ago? idk honestly.
Point is there's relatively new XIV content in episode 4, so that naturally makes everyone wonder if XIV is gonna get anything from PSO2 anytime soon.
I don't think XIV has ever had its own content spill into other games, and as for XIV's collabs, its only been done with Square Enix IPs (other Final Fantasies, and Dragon Quest). So to see localized Square Enix content in Sega's JP only game confuses me and makes me a little sad lmao.

RealKillaK
Jan 26, 2016, 08:52 PM
>all dose recolors

Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 4:Recolor

WEED420BLAZEIT
Jan 26, 2016, 08:59 PM
Phantasy Star Online 2 Episode 4:Recolor

esp orbits man, i have just 60 ele the sword 2 days ago, affixed, unlocked 3pot and rdy to use

and then i saw 2 (two) orbit recolors

J U S T
U
S
T

Zorua
Jan 26, 2016, 09:08 PM
esp orbits man, i have just 60 ele the sword 2 days ago, affixed, unlocked 3pot and rdy to use

and then i saw 2 (two) orbit recolors

J U S T
U
S
T

This shit is why I didn't even bother with austere.
I'll just wait for the x recolor to come out and make y obsolete.

Sp-24
Jan 26, 2016, 09:23 PM
It took years for some of the recolors to get released back when some were mined in 2012. These won't necessarily be added next month, either.

Kazzi
Jan 26, 2016, 09:50 PM
I see a Deathbringer (great sword for dark knights) and Zantetsuken (Odin's sword for paladins). The katana on the left I think is the ninja relic, Yoshimitsu.

The ninja relic would be a twin dagger though and has a tassel from the handle. This could actually be a Tsumikiri J-Sword instead, could is the key word it's such a standard katana style it could be anything. It is very rare PSO2 does more than 3 or 4 weapons per collaboration we most certainly won't get a full relic set.

Goukezitsu
Jan 26, 2016, 10:01 PM
The ninja relic would be a twin dagger though and has a tassel from the handle. This could actually be a Tsumikiri J-Sword instead, could is the key word it's such a standard katana style it could be anything. It is very rare PSO2 does more than 3 or 4 weapons per collaboration we most certainly won't get a full relic set.

Well even without that there's already 5. Those other 2 swords are from 14 for sure. One thing I forgot to mention in general though is weapons get put in as placeholder with the basic background before they are assigned rarity or camo status sometimes. So these still might be camos and just the same can be 13*+ still as well.

Kazzi
Jan 26, 2016, 10:08 PM
Well even without that there's already 5. Those other 2 swords are from 14 for sure. One thing I forgot to mention in general though is weapons get put in as placeholder with the basic background before they are assigned rarity or camo status sometimes. So these still might be camos and just the same can be 13*+ still as well.

More than likely weapon camos. There's a few weapons in the current data mining that were previously listed as completely different rarities in the last big update, some of them aren't new just shuffled around.

They did actually announce a while back they were adding more PSO weapons in but there's actually barely any of them in this mining so far.

Zorak000
Jan 26, 2016, 10:17 PM

so just stick to red weapons then

dot_Hacker
Jan 26, 2016, 10:35 PM
Based on the sprites there are like 2x recolors for every 12, 13 series. things like live, skull, even cmode (x1 recolor). Golden saiki. I think the entire year's content has been preloaded.

Achelousaurus
Jan 26, 2016, 10:38 PM
Dat Vivienne.

YES! FINALLY!
Can't wait for my own Dark Falz [Salaryman] outfit.

Honestly, with the ARKS being an intergalactic fleet capable of subspace travel, it wouldn't be too farfetchd for them to visit Eorzea. Unless there's some sort of planetary development preservation act they follow.
Nah, they just stick their dicks in everything. Wildlife, primitive civilizations, pre-warp planets, anything goes.

Rakurai
Jan 26, 2016, 10:43 PM
Haven't the Falz costumes been in the datamine for ages?

I don't think we're necessarily going to be getting them soon.

Azure Falcon
Jan 27, 2016, 11:32 AM
I don't care how much I need to grind or no life to get it, I want that Vivienne weapon. There also appears to be a camo of it, but that's not good enough.

Zorafim
Jan 27, 2016, 11:43 AM

I'm here to say that I used a rifle made from space metal with glow lines for ten levels on my mechanist. If FFXIV wants it, they can make it happen.
They'll probably throw the word "Magitek" in there and leave it at that.

Elendanis
Jan 27, 2016, 12:21 PM
I'm so happy to see FFXIV stuff in this game. Are they actual weapons, or skins?

HeyItsTHK
Jan 27, 2016, 01:26 PM

They'll put out another weapon you have to grind for and it'll require an austere. :wacko:

Macman
Jan 27, 2016, 03:37 PM

That kind of thinking means you might as well just use red weapons until shit like Eternal Psycho Drive comes out, which you'll never get anyway. :-?

Eternal255
Jan 27, 2016, 08:26 PM
LAVIS CANNON?! My prayers have been answered!

Would go beautifully with my dc :D

Edit: If the lavis cannon is a camo for double saber, its gonna be hard choosing between using double cannon and lavis :/

Tymek
Feb 13, 2016, 05:56 AM
tfw red saber (and probably lavis cannon also) is only for wand and double saber
where is my partizan one-handed sword, sega
why must you hurt me this way

Ce'Nedra
Feb 13, 2016, 01:20 PM
They better make Lavis Cannon also a wand, specially since Red Saber can be used for that. I'm gonna be very pissed if they fuck up my all time favorite PSO1 weapon by making it double saber only.

D-Inferno
Feb 13, 2016, 02:33 PM
I want to see Twin Lavis Cannon as a DB myself. Perhaps it or Jizai could be the first 14* DB!? I also find the idea of sabers being used as wands kind of awkward, since sabers are meant to be thrusted into the target, while wands are more for "smacking" with a blunt (sometimes bladed) end. But given that mono sabers are nonexistent; I guess they had to pick something.

Tymek
Feb 13, 2016, 07:11 PM
I want to see Twin Lavis Cannon as a DB myself. Perhaps it or Jizai could be the first 14* DB!? I also find the idea of sabers being used as wands kind of awkward, since sabers are meant to be thrusted into the target, while wands are more for "smacking" with a blunt (sometimes bladed) end. But given that mono sabers are nonexistent; I guess they had to pick something.

Wands and Partizans (and Dual Sabers) are the most suitable weapons for one-handed swords, such as sabers. Hence their choice.
I'm very bothered by the fact that it doesn't support Partizans, for that same reason.

I also wonder why they didn't update that one Attack on Titan weapon camo to support DB's.

NightfallG
Feb 13, 2016, 09:37 PM
So uh, I really really hope the FF14 shit actually happens and isn't a red herring, because *yes*.

Tenlade
Feb 14, 2016, 01:55 AM
That kind of thinking means you might as well just use red weapons until shit like Eternal Psycho Drive comes out, which you'll never get anyway. :-?

and even then you use red weapons and then one day blue weapons suddenly have a more awesome potential and you have to start all over and craft those.

Qualia
Feb 14, 2016, 02:01 AM
and even then you use red weapons and then one day blue weapons suddenly have a more awesome potential and you have to start all over and craft those.

Weapon crafting isn't as tedious as farming the materials for an austere weapon is. Red weapons aren't EQ locked, and can basically be maxed out in like <20 minutes. Hypothetical blue potential won't be any different.

Tymek
Feb 23, 2016, 02:23 PM
Upon further inspection of the content within the icons, it's safe to say that this most likely includes icon data up until the Early March update, since it contains Layered Wear from not only the [TOKYO Heroine Selection] AC Scratch, but also the [Planet Explorer] AC Scratch.

It's not ONLY data until the Early March update, but there isn't much else after this. I think some of those were just included in advance(Lavis Cannon, FFXIV, etc.), since there is a lot of [(tentative)] icons.

sesiom000
Feb 23, 2016, 02:46 PM
Upon further inspection of the content within the icons, it's safe to say that this most likely includes icon data up until the Early March update, since it contains Layered Wear from not only the [TOKYO Heroine Selection] AC Scratch, but also the [Planet Explorer] AC Scratch.

It's not ONLY data until the Early March update, but there isn't much else after this. I think some of those were just included in advance(Lavis Cannon, FFXIV, etc.), since there is a lot of [(tentative)] icons.

So your saying that FF14 collaboration will release sometime in April-May?
Sounds a good move by SEGA if thats the case since ps4 release would would get many ff14 players.

Tymek
Feb 24, 2016, 02:03 PM
So your saying that FF14 collaboration will release sometime in April-May?
Sounds a good move by SEGA if thats the case since ps4 release would would get many ff14 players.

It would make sense, since like you stated before, the PS4 release would most likely attract FFXIV players. (i.e. FFXIV is also on PS4, MMORPG, etc.)

Besides, from the looks of it, a lot of major stuff is coming sometime in April-May, and this might just be among said stuff.