PDA

View Full Version : "Reborn" misleading much?

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 26, 2016, 09:54 PM
Do you guys think this update (episode 4) is worthy of such a title?

I mean if you think about it "reborn" pretty much means that you came back from the dead, and if such you should come back as a completely new man much stronger than ever.

Kinda like Ken-shiro in the fist of the north start movie. When he's "reborn" he comes back as a fucking MONSTER! :3

I personally don't feel this update is worthy of the name "reborn".

When it comes to pso2 "reborn" would mean. Better graphics, better overall maps. For example the forest map isn't even a real forest, it's just a linear path with no trees or bushes in the way. I would like a forest kinda like Skyrim style. PSO2's forest is basically just some 3D rocks/platforms with an ugly green texture over them that's supposed to be grass or something.

Secondly, better EQ's most fo our EQ's aside from the "epic" ones consist of running around ina boring map hunting bosses and getting points to finish the quest. So many EQ's are like this. It's pretty boring. That said not all EQ's are boring some are awesome like magatsu and the one were we have to "solo" persona. EQ's like that are cool and fun.

Third, a REAL booty slider (detailed like the breasts slider) =P

and lastly, fix the "bad client" bullshit for good and any other performance problems this game has. It's really dumb when you can run games like Crysis 3, TEW, MGS5, Tomb Raider (2013), The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter, a heavily modded Skyrim with enb's and all that good stuff and still maintain a BUTTER smooth 60 fps at all times. PSO2 on the other hand has ps2 graphics and it's a stuttery mess in the lobbies. Seriously fix this game. There's no reason why a game with ps2 graphics needs to run poorly like that.

Anyway's what do you guys think? Obviously you don't have to agree with me but those are just some examples of what I feel would truly make it "reborn" :)

dot_Hacker
Jan 26, 2016, 09:56 PM
PHANTASY STAR ONLINE 2
EPISODE 4: A REALM REBORN

wut

Sp-24
Jan 26, 2016, 10:07 PM
Its reveal certainly tricked people into thinking that chapter 7 and PD fight would be a lot more dramatic than they ended up being. Maybe it will have something to do with the plot, like Persona, Luther and Xion coming back due to phantom shenanigans.

CrossOmega
Jan 26, 2016, 10:11 PM
Knowing PSO2, none of the dead stay dead for long >_> *hint hint* *Cough* Zeno *Cough* Ulc *Cough*

Sorry coughing fit while typing post.

Kazzi
Jan 26, 2016, 10:11 PM
Well they're adding in a new graphics setting in the coming months and the UI got an overall to look like Windows XP. Reborn probably applies to the plot of the story.

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 10:13 PM
First World Problems: The Thread

No seriously, who actually gives a toss about the overwrought, grandiose and usually more than a little exaggerated if not outright misleading titles major MMO content releases invariably seem to get saddled with?

Shinamori
Jan 26, 2016, 10:14 PM
I think it'a just a codename for the episode.

Mission: Episode 2
Code: Episode 3

raialeus
Jan 26, 2016, 10:15 PM
Knowing PSO2, none of the dead stay dead for long >_> *hint hint* *Cough* Zeno *Cough* Ulc *Cough*

Sorry coughing fit while typing post.

....And then the Black dude from the tutorial got his existence erased completely in EP4

KLMS1
Jan 26, 2016, 10:16 PM
Well Dragonbro's stayed well and truly dead thus far at least. :/

dem feels doe

wefwq
Jan 26, 2016, 10:17 PM
....And then the Black dude from the tutorial got his existence erased completely in EP4
It's your fault to not use your moon atomizer during cutscene!
He ragequitted the game and there is no way to get him back ;_;

Achelousaurus
Jan 26, 2016, 10:31 PM
Inb4 new default characters for each class are from the anime. Especially the humar will look like the protag (he's so generic I cannot even remember his name).

BIG OLAF
Jan 26, 2016, 10:37 PM
I'd accept the title "Reborn" only if they shit-canned everything that doesn't work well in this game (which is everything, really) and started from scratch.

So, yeah, like what FFXIV did.

Sp-24
Jan 26, 2016, 10:38 PM
Especially the humar will look like the protag (he's so generic I cannot even remember his name).
You better not talk shit about Ash, of all characters.

Zeroem
Jan 26, 2016, 10:54 PM
I guess my answer would be....."just wait and see?"

I mean, we're talking whether the title 'Reborn' would be misleading or not when it's not even live yet.
Things could change (for the better of worse) during the EP4.

Hysteria1987
Jan 27, 2016, 12:54 AM
I feel like it was mostly a marketing thing so that people would GET HYPE.

That said I feel like we're in for a real setting change with Ep4, so there's that. 'Spose we gotta wait and see how that pans out- but it's not a rebuild-the-game-from-the-ground-up kind of thing, I reckon it'll always be SEGA's more sorta 'social' thing, especially with new people being drawn in from the anime.

sparab
Jan 27, 2016, 12:58 AM
Empty lobby outside EQ and item exchange(10) are what defines PSO2

And they shall never be changed