PDA

View Full Version : Class Combinations

NeapolitanIceCream
Jan 26, 2016, 11:19 PM
Good day to you all. I have a question on optimal class combinations as of 2016. I've been out of the loop for a year or so due to my time in college but have recently acquired some free time to spend on video games again. To get to the point, I haven't played in years and know that class combinations have changed.

I would like to know what combinations are optimal as of today. I hate to be the guy who plays a combination that is woefully bad and can't contribute to EQ's or TACO's. If possible I would like to also know specific combos to pull off (wouldn't want to interrupt other people's combos with a badly timed one or with an incorrect one to make runs longer than need be) Thank you for your input in advance.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jan 26, 2016, 11:19 PM
A new Episode will be starting shortly, so... It's kinda hard to tell right now.

However, Ranger will always be useful in some capacity because of Weak Bullet. More DPS is always welcome.

Sp-24
Jan 26, 2016, 11:20 PM
Anything/Hu

Flaoc
Jan 26, 2016, 11:21 PM
Anything/Hu

yea man fohu is so good

Kondibon
Jan 26, 2016, 11:25 PM
A new Episode will be starting shortly, so... It's kinda hard to tell right now.

However, Ranger will always be useful in some capacity because of Weak Bullet. More DPS is always welcome.

Anything/Hu

*smooshes posts together* Can't go wrong with Ra/Hu.

WB Jamming is becoming more common now though.

Nanaha
Jan 26, 2016, 11:26 PM
yea man fohu is so good

Just think how useful that Massive Hunter and Automate Deadline are when you're blasting things away from afar.

Weiss9029
Jan 26, 2016, 11:31 PM
Just think how useful that Massive Hunter and Automate Deadline are when you're blasting things away from afar.
Halfline

Nanaha
Jan 27, 2016, 12:02 AM
Halfline

I'll put the coffee tab on you. I'll pick it up next update.

-resumes uploading hundreds of pictures to wiki-

Darki
Jan 27, 2016, 02:46 AM
*mains FO/HU for the fun of it*

You guys will hurt my feelings.

TaigaUC
Jan 27, 2016, 02:48 AM
Mmmmm. Neapolitan Ice Cream and Mega Ultra Chicken :9

You can check out my class/weapon guide below for some sorta outdated examples of good class combinations.

ThePageofHeart
Jan 27, 2016, 02:48 AM
Based upon the looks of summoner's skills and PAs anybody thought of a possible class combo and tree build...? I mean it could be a speculation build but couldnt hurt to try?

Bellion
Jan 27, 2016, 02:56 AM
http://pso2skillsimulator.com/simulator/?code=8c5.8gV.8iB.8k9.8lL.8nw.8oZ.8qF.8sm.8tT.8vr. 8x5.8yF.8Ah.8BV.8Dv.8Fb.8GN.8Il.8LI.8Qt.8Sa.8WR.9* 0

I've pretty much planned something for damage already based on what I was able to translate from the Su skills. Sub classes with it are another story.

Aine
Jan 27, 2016, 03:03 AM
Well Su has strike and shoot switches

remind me which sub has the highest damage boost

Flaoc
Jan 27, 2016, 03:03 AM
probably ranger on weakspots

final_attack
Jan 27, 2016, 03:05 AM
But, does Pet's attacks count as ranged damage though (for WeakHitAdvance and StandingSnipe to proc) ?

They seems to be slashing ......

Flaoc
Jan 27, 2016, 03:08 AM
that does seem to pose as problem hu sub on striking is good as usual but theres the case of fi which does get the highest with taja and stances which affect all 3 stats but force positioning and stance dances etc

Bellion
Jan 27, 2016, 03:08 AM
That's the problem, I don't know whether or not certain pets are striking, ranged, or tech based attack types. They all naturally take from the T-atk, but that doesn't mean they are tech based.
So, Ranger and Weak Stance Br may be out of the question depending on if any of them are range based or not.
There are element weak hit stuff too, so that would also impact which Br Stance to take.
Torim is said to be the good at bossing with its swift attacks, and Sally(whatever name) seems to be the mobbing pet. You're allowed to switch between pets to adapt too.
So if you want a balance it may come between Fi and Br, maybe.

Sp-24
Jan 27, 2016, 03:10 AM
What are the odds that more than one pet will be worth using, though?

KLMS1
Jan 27, 2016, 03:11 AM
Any idea yet of if and how stances interact with the pets?

Xaelouse
Jan 27, 2016, 03:13 AM
There wont be any TAJA because of the JA part btw

dekopong
Jan 27, 2016, 03:17 AM
If you can tag with pets, hitting from the back would be easy and 135%x130% seems promising.

final_attack
Jan 27, 2016, 03:17 AM
Still ..... if Summoner depends entirely from stats (AtkHighUp on tree, right?), and non-pet skills didn't affect pet, probably Force?

-Stares at PhotonFlare-
-stares again at Force's T-AtkHighUp-

Of course, still need more info if stance's will also affect pet.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Jan 27, 2016, 04:18 PM
SU/FO OR SU/TE?

NeapolitanIceCream
Jan 27, 2016, 10:49 PM
Since there are three pets or summons, would it be possible that each summon is a different type of attack? One can be S-Atk, another R-Atk, and another T-Atk. If that's the case players will have an interesting time finding the best combo and the best mags to use them with. In any case, I have decided to try Ra/Hu on one character, Te/Br on another, and the new slot will probably be the standard Br/Hu if that's still effective. If time permits I'll buy more mags to out fit my main character so that the character can use all classes effectively.

Nanaha
Jan 27, 2016, 10:52 PM
Since there are three pets or summons, would it be possible that each summon is a different type of attack? One can be S-Atk, another R-Atk, and another T-Atk. If that's the case players will have an interesting time finding the best combo and the best mags to use them with. In any case, I have decided to try Ra/Hu on one character, Te/Br on another, and the new slot will probably be the standard Br/Hu if that's still effective. If time permits I'll buy more mags to out fit my main character so that the character can use all classes effectively.

I really hope they aren't each a different type. Otherwise I predict speed mag switching will become a thing when Summoner Time Attack videos come out.

Mac2492
Jan 27, 2016, 10:56 PM
Still ..... if Summoner depends entirely from stats (AtkHighUp on tree, right?), and non-pet skills didn't affect pet, probably Force?

-Stares at PhotonFlare-
-stares again at Force's T-AtkHighUp-

Of course, still need more info if stance's will also affect pet.

All Attack Bonus gives 1% to all damage per level. It's not a stat boost.

Strobo_Lemon
Jan 28, 2016, 12:09 AM
Optimal:

Hu/Fi
Fi/Hu
RaHu, Ra/Br
Gu/Ra
Fo/Te, Fo/Br
Te/Br, Te/Hu
Br/Hu
Bo/Hu, Fi/Bo
Su/??

Selphea
Jan 28, 2016, 12:12 AM
All Attack Bonus gives 1% to all damage per level. It's not a stat boost.

2% actually ;)

Z-0
Jan 28, 2016, 12:21 AM
I really hope they aren't each a different type. Otherwise I predict speed mag switching will become a thing when Summoner Time Attack videos come out.
So like... never? Summoner is like the anti-TA class, you can't even attack with pet as soon as you switch to baton because it requires the pet to spawn fully.

Also Su's optimal class is going to be SuTe (for 20% EWH, T-Atk Ups, Zondeel range, PP, etc) or SuBr (for pure damage).

LonelyGaruga
Jan 28, 2016, 01:14 AM
Since there are three pets or summons, would it be possible that each summon is a different type of attack? One can be S-Atk, another R-Atk, and another T-Atk.

Pets use T-ATK by default. The Switch skills make them all use S-ATK or R-ATK depending on which one's in use.

Pets also don't qualify as striking, ranged, or tech attacks for multipliers.

Also Su's optimal class is going to be SuTe (for 20% EWH, T-Atk Ups, Zondeel range, PP, etc) or SuBr (for pure damage).

What about Su/Fi? Su/Br Average Stance is only a 1.265x modifier, barely anything.

Selphea
Jan 28, 2016, 01:23 AM
Yea I was tempted by SuTe for Territory Burst to get easier Sympathy, PP management and Deband Cut because I swear these summons are made of paper. Not making a rainbow set of pets though, and the ATK Ups aren't really a factor IMO, there's always the Switch skills.

What about Su/Fi? Su/Br Average Stance is only a 1.265x modifier, barely anything.

Summoner gets barely anything from anything though. Even Fighter is only 1.5x.

Qualia
Jan 28, 2016, 01:24 AM
Pets also don't qualify as striking, ranged, or tech attacks for multipliers.

Su/Br Average Stance is only a 1.265x modifier

but not on pets though or..?

LonelyGaruga
Jan 28, 2016, 01:30 AM
Summoner gets barely anything from anything though. Even Fighter is only 1.5x.

25% is a lot of damage, what do you mean "barely anything"?

but not on pets though or..?

All Stance skills barring Fury Stance affect all damage you do without consideration for what type it is. Pets are affected by Stance skills.

Selphea
Jan 28, 2016, 01:33 AM
25% is a lot of damage, what do you mean "barely anything"?

All Stance skills barring Fury Stance affect all damage you do without consideration for what type it is. Pets are affected by Stance skills.

1.5 / 1.265 = 18.5%

Which is quite a bit but IMO Fi stances are unreliable when you can't reposition your pet on command. If you're the one actually using the stances it's not too bad, and Su feels like it needs a little extra PP management from the subclass.

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2016, 02:06 AM
So like... never? Summoner is like the anti-TA class, you can't even attack with pet as soon as you switch to baton because it requires the pet to spawn fully.

What's so great about Su/Br, I'm genuinely curious, it doesn't seem like it has that much going for it since weak stance doesn't affect pet damage as far as I know. Unless that point skill counts as a weak point, in which case I've been playing Su all wrong. o Ao

Z-0
Jan 28, 2016, 10:05 AM
It's basically just for unconditional damage from average stance, that's it really... lol

Fighter is the only other way to get pure damage, but its stances are dependant on player position so...

Both TE and BO have EWH, BO being a bit stronger, but TE is probably far more useful with the extra PP and support skills over 10% damage.

Hu, Ra, Gu and Fo don't really do anything for Summoner

Selphea
Jan 28, 2016, 10:16 AM
Perfect Keeper and APPR. Slightly behind Average Stance but Gu does have Chain and more RATK Ups for Switch Shoot.

LonelyGaruga
Jan 28, 2016, 01:42 PM
Fighter is the only other way to get pure damage, but its stances are dependant on player position so...

Actually Fighter's stances work on pet position for their attacks, if that changes anything.

Tyroki
Jan 28, 2016, 03:56 PM
Z helps to control where the pet goes.

Just keep in mind that it's easy to over-control and send it past the enemy. It's best to Z when against larger enemies.

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2016, 04:13 PM
Wonda and Torim make a beeline for whichever hitbox you targeted anyway, so there's not really a need to use aiming mode. It's actually easier to take advantage of Fi stances with pets because they constantly dash to the hitbox.

Z-0
Jan 28, 2016, 04:45 PM
Actually Fighter's stances work on pet position for their attacks, if that changes anything.
Sorry, I knew that was the case but wrote player for some reason, haha. I was trying to say Fighter sucks.

Also forgot about PK, although with only APPR I'm not sure if I'd bother over /Te since Zondeel is very useful.