PDA

View Full Version : Regarding 2015 Weapon Badges

LinkKD
Jan 27, 2016, 10:25 AM
So, according to bumped.org they're becoming unobtainable as of February 10th.

So uh, basically my question is...is there any way to obtain them right now other than Profound Invasion? (which only gives you 1~3 per run).

I really wanted to get myself a functional Saku Sakura (the 13* sword from the 2015 exchange shop) but I decided to go for it a bit too late. I'd need 600 badges total to 60 element it, but I only managed to get to the 380 mark before the Xmas EQ and the LQ went away.

If the badges become unobtainable...then I guess all these 13*s will become unobtainable aswell, unless you already had a lot of badges stocked up, and that's...kinda sad lol. If SEGA was clearer about making then unavaible sooner, I'd have farmed a lot harder before/during xmas etc.

Anyway, just wanted to know if there's any other way besides Profound Invasion atm to get 2015 badges that I'm not aware of. Or if anyone would have any other solutions as to how get a 2015 badge weapon to 60 element.

Thanks in advance.

Naoya Kiriyama
Jan 27, 2016, 11:14 AM
No, there's no other way to get those 2015 badges. But SEGA do warned about people from about November/December, so it wasn't new

LinkKD
Jan 27, 2016, 11:28 AM
Didn't see any of those warnings really :/.

Such an evil cocktease how they leave it avaible from PI alone. They could at least give us something to farm them at before they remove it.

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 27, 2016, 11:33 AM
tbh the weapons suck ass anyways so go for better things

Loveless62
Jan 27, 2016, 11:34 AM
My suggestion would be to shift your efforts toward obtaining another 13* sword:

Ares
Invade
Orbit
the new Tokyo sword

You probably will not be able to get many more 2015 badges, so you will probably get one of the above faster than the 2015 badge one. I don't know swords very well, but any of these are probably better than the 2015 badge sword anyway.

The badges have been available since the Maximum Attack during the Summer, and, honestly I thought they would be unobtainable when that event ended. They have been available for months, so I would hardly call it a cocktease.

LinkKD
Jan 27, 2016, 11:46 AM
The cocktease is the fact that PI still gives them out, yet only gives 1~3 per. They might aswell have removed it altogether after Xmas EQ and LQ were gone, is what I'm saying. If they're "still avaible", then they should be REALLY avaible.

I want that sword for the looks (plus the fact that it's decent), not for it's power, I'm well aware most other 13*s are better than that one :T.

Azure Falcon
Jan 27, 2016, 12:20 PM
PI still giving them out is basically a leftover from when they were readily available at this point, wouldn't surprise me if Sega just forgot to update that quest. Keep in mind the badge exchange was added over 6 months ago and almost every EQ since then has given them out both as boss/enemy drops and clear rewards, Merry Christmas on Ice 4 and Arks Fire Swirl dropped the badges like candy (so much so I'm sitting on about 1.6k golds and 1k silvers)

They were decent(ish) weapons at the time that did their job of improving the standard of XH players gear, but they were very quickly made obsolete and quite honestly their only use now is either photo/lobby vanity purposes (in which case who cares if it is max element?) or using with element boosters on better gear. Speaking of element boosters, if you're dead set on maxing it and rich enough you could feed other 13* swords with 5% element boosters into that badge sword, although that'll run you over 100m going by current market prices.

LinkKD
Jan 27, 2016, 01:10 PM
Yeah, I know of that possibility, that requires other 5 13*s and 100m+...so like...ew.

Also I started playing the game again at the end of last year, which is why I didnt have many of those badges.

About them being obsolete though, they're still better than any 12*...well, the sword at least. In a 13* perspective they're obsolete I guess, but I would say they're still decent weapons overall.

reaper527
Jan 27, 2016, 01:54 PM
If SEGA was clearer about making then unavaible sooner, I'd have farmed a lot harder before/during xmas etc.

the name "2015 weapon badge" makes it pretty clear they were going to become unavailable.

also, the weapons you get from those are junk. just spend your time getting an orbit, ares, or austere. you'll end up with a much better end result.

the only use of the 2015 13*'s is to use them as fodder to feed into a good 13* while using an element changer or overpriced +5%.

LinkKD
Jan 27, 2016, 02:23 PM
the name "2015 weapon badge" makes it pretty clear they were going to become unavailable.

also, the weapons you get from those are junk. just spend your time getting an orbit, ares, or austere. you'll end up with a much better end result.

the only use of the 2015 13*'s is to use them as fodder to feed into a good 13* while using an element changer or overpriced +5%.

I want that sword for the looks (plus the fact that it's decent), not for it's power, I'm well aware most other 13*s are better than that one :T.

I like how people often assume efficiency is a game's sole priority. Also, howtoread.jpg

Qualia
Jan 27, 2016, 02:36 PM
Well if it's an mmo where most endgame content is exclusively multiparty, then yes efficiency should be your priority. The anniversary weapons are vastly inferior to a lot of more easily available and honestly better looking weapons. If you're getting the weapon just for looking good while idling in the lobby, just settle for a 30 element and stay out of mpas lol

LinkKD
Jan 27, 2016, 03:07 PM
Your logic is funny. So you're saying that a MMO with no PvP or GvG whatsoever and a not-so-demanding PvE should have efficiency as priority? Well that's beyond me, but sure, if you want to think like that, go ahead.

Either way, I wouldn't get the weapon "just to look good while idling in the lobby" since I actually play the game. I'd get it because it looks perfect to what I want aesthetically and it's also a decent sword.

Also, how good a weapon looks is completely relative :T and imo Saku Sakura looks way better than any other 13*.

People love to flamme here don't they?...ah well.

Qualia
Jan 27, 2016, 03:25 PM
My logic is that endgame content is a group effort, and by using mediocre equipment you're dragging everyone else down. Literally anybody else in the multiparty would rather have someone who took the effort of obtaining austere, or even ares over someone who wants do use a below-average 13* because of its "a e s t h e t i c."

Macmaxi
Jan 27, 2016, 03:47 PM
Literally anybody else in the multiparty would rather have someone who took the effort of obtaining austere, or even ares over someone who wants do use a below-average 13* because of its "a e s t h e t i c."

dont speak for everyone, i'm pretty sure the majority of any multiplayer game is casual and doesn't care.

Mattykins
Jan 27, 2016, 03:57 PM
Honestly, as long as people aren't going into mpas with ungrinded and unaffixed weaps or crappy 10* or lower weaps (barring a few exceptions) I'm fine. :V I expect everyone to at least have a higher-end 11*, if not a 12* or 13* by now, anything better being nice, but eh.

LinkKD
Jan 27, 2016, 04:00 PM
Elitists in PSO2 really make my day. Of all MMOs, you'll be elitist in PSO2, the less demanding MMO I've ever played which clearly focuses A LOT in customization and aesthetics :T. Sure, go ahead rofl.

Also, a Saku Sakura is far from mediocre, I've calculated the damage difference between a Saku Sakura and an Austere and it's really not that much.

I mean, if you're using a +5 10* and affixless units or something, sure you'll be dragging a MPA down, but I think I'd be miles away from dragging any MPA down with a 5* +40 Saku Sakura and a set of 5* saikis :T given my damage won't be that much different from someone with an Austere.

So your argument is pure baseless elitism, really.

Macmaxi
Jan 27, 2016, 04:04 PM
maybe i should suggest you to feed your xie ares weapons to 60 element it to trigger people some more, because unless sega is bringing xie back at some point that seems to be your only option

Tunga
Jan 27, 2016, 04:17 PM
If you want a good temporary sword till you get a good 13* one i suggest buying an Ely sion and using hidden potential. It's 12* and stronger than xie sword with some extra goodies.

Flaoc
Jan 27, 2016, 04:22 PM
really dude? get ares sword or orbit sword or austrich sword. using a wep for looks over the better weps is just retarded especially when you need lambdas just to do it. also people in mpas would appreciate it more if you went in with the best you could bring

Qualia
Jan 27, 2016, 04:40 PM
really dude? get ares sword or orbit sword or austrich sword. using a wep for looks over the better weps is just retarded especially when you need lambdas just to do it. also people in mpas would appreciate it more if you went in with the best you could bring

nah dude we're elitists and our opinions don't matter :^)

Macmaxi
Jan 27, 2016, 05:02 PM
i dunno, game's easy enough as it is

sephyiria
Jan 27, 2016, 06:04 PM
Is the weapon badge 2015 exchange shop still available in game?

Lumpen Thingy
Jan 27, 2016, 06:06 PM
Is the weapon badge 2015 exchange shop still available in game?

yes near the recycle shop

Flaoc
Jan 27, 2016, 06:32 PM
nah dude we're elitists and our opinions don't matter :^)

oh welp i guess we are elitists afterall back to the mountain dew it is

CrossOmega
Jan 27, 2016, 09:10 PM
oh welp i guess we are elitists afterall back to the mountain dew it is

Have some doritos to go with it.

Taaron
Jan 28, 2016, 01:54 AM
Glad I checked this post to know I have a deadline to collect badges to get my weapon camo.

If ya'll are still hunting for badges, run the Level Up quests. They seem to be dropping them (at least they were of a week or two back.)

Macman
Jan 28, 2016, 03:04 AM
Honestly, as long as people aren't going into mpas with ungrinded and unaffixed weaps or crappy 10* or lower weaps (barring a few exceptions) I'm fine. :V I expect everyone to at least have a higher-end 11*, if not a 12* or 13* by now, anything better being nice, but eh.
To be fair with the game handing everyone three free 12* passes, there's no excuse to not have at least good 12* gear for your main, and at least fully extended, photon booster'd red weaponry for your offclasses.

People are bitching because Xie weapons aren't that much better (and sometimes worse) than 12* gear but cost the very limited lambda grinders (and the absurd price of 13*) to upgrade but it's not a total wash if you walk in with one fully pimped.

It's only going to matter if you try to get into private TD or PD runs where the goal really is to clear as fast as possible in order to get an extra run or two.

ArcaneTechs
Jan 28, 2016, 03:22 AM
Also, a Saku Sakura is far from mediocre, I've calculated the damage difference between a Saku Sakura and an Austere and it's really not that much.
wat

I mean, if you're using a +5 10* and affixless units or something, sure you'll be dragging a MPA down, but I think I'd be miles away from dragging any MPA down with a 5* +40 Saku Sakura and a set of 5* saikis :T given my damage won't be that much different from someone with an Austere.

So your argument is pure baseless elitism, really.

Xie Sword@+40: 1363+3%dmg increase
Austere Sword@+40: 1636+12% dmg increase

Are you sure you math'd right? I mean if you want go for it for the looks thats cool and all but man do the math right next time at least

Flaoc
Jan 28, 2016, 04:16 AM
honestly even ely sion most likely beats saku (best 12 sword) ares, orbit, and austere would be no competition