PDA

View Full Version : While everyone is focused on summoner...

Weiss9029
Jan 27, 2016, 09:43 PM
Has anyone tested the classes new skills? how are they?

final_attack
Jan 27, 2016, 09:53 PM
Tested :

Gu : ArtSCharge
pretty nice to get ...... no need to charge HeelStab.
Can't comment on AerialShooting since I don't have it on my pallete, but overall, good. Only cost 1 point too.

Ra : KeepRollShoot
Very nice to take, especially when going GuRa, for PP recovery purpose ....... since BulletKeep is Ra-main only.

===================

Looking around, Fo's RodShoot kinda makes me ...... surprised. Haven't tested it yet .... but 1000% power on Lv5 @-@

Haven't tested Fi and Br too ...... but I assume it's pretty nice :D
As for Hu .... might not be good for my build ...... but I'll see if I can spare 1 SP on it (since it cost 5 SP to cap T_T )

nevershootme
Jan 27, 2016, 09:57 PM
I haven't tested them yet, but reading through it's description for FO (shoot bullets at 1000% power with rod and get +5 pp recovery) and TE (15% chance to apply status effect during wand smack). Both require 5 SP to spend.

FacelessRed
Jan 27, 2016, 10:40 PM
Not sure i'm too fond of spending 5 SP for the new skills ;S But I've got quite a few skill tickets so I can give it a go I guess.

Rakurai
Jan 27, 2016, 10:56 PM
Rod Shoot generates PP rather quickly in close quarters, as both the bullet and the rod swing will connect.

It's also nice to actually be able to put out respectable amounts of damage with regular attacks now. I do around 3K damage per shot with my meager 3.2K T-ATK.

wefwq
Jan 27, 2016, 11:34 PM
Tried Br new skill.
It was alright, one hatou full hit can fill 1 gear bar.

Weiss9029
Jan 27, 2016, 11:51 PM
So is the rod shoot any good, or should you just toss it and use a queen vera?

Rakurai
Jan 28, 2016, 12:44 AM
I like being able to regen PP at range while retaining Mirage Escape, and the PP regen might actually be higher then a max latent Queen Viera if you're close enough to hit with both the rod swing and shot.

The damage is also pretty respectable.

Squal_FFVIII
Feb 2, 2016, 06:15 PM
The rod skill is pretty decent and fun IMO.

PP regenerates quickly. For example if you are fighting 5 trash mobs and you suck em in with zondeel then smack em with your rod (lol) you will regenerate PP really fast.

Also the shot itself is decently strong. With my tree buff from the team room i hit 5K on SH lvl enemies.

Cyber Meteor
Feb 2, 2016, 06:33 PM
Charge Parrying : definitly suited for Sword playstyle, Partisan should probably be good too but i don't use that weapon type so i can't confirm. If you're using Wired Lance, no need to bother with this skill, i think... It's worth to add that this skill allows you to go berserk with PAs and you'll hardly see Automate Halfline being used, at lvl5 and with max gear you don't really need to time your charge with ennemies attack as you'll have invicibility frames even after the PA is fully charged (0.7 sec of i-frames for 0.5 sec max of charge time). But now because of this skill idk if it's Tokyo that is so easy or if the skill is just too OP lol :-P (maybe my Austere Sword +40 and my 1750 HP has something to do with it too xD )

Squal_FFVIII
Feb 2, 2016, 08:30 PM
Charge Parrying : definitly suited for Sword playstyle, Partisan should probably be good too but i don't use that weapon type so i can't confirm. If you're using Wired Lance, no need to bother with this skill, i think... It's worth to add that this skill allows you to go berserk with PAs and you'll hardly see Automate Halfline being used, at lvl5 and with max gear you don't really need to time your charge with ennemies attack as you'll have invicibility frames even after the PA is fully charged (0.7 sec of i-frames for 0.5 sec max of charge time). But now because of this skill idk if it's Tokyo that is so easy or if the skill is just too OP lol :-P (maybe my Austere Sword +40 and my 1750 HP has something to do with it too xD )

So that HU skill is basically just a "free" charge on charge PA's?

Meaning and enemy is charging towards me I ten start charging my pa then the enemy attack will not hurt me (while charging the PA not after it has been fully charged)?

TyroneSama
Feb 2, 2016, 08:31 PM
Charge Parrying is a safetynet that Sword probably shouldn't have: I feel ridiculously safe while mobbing now. Helps with uptime tremendously.

Squal_FFVIII
Feb 2, 2016, 08:32 PM
Dayum I main sword as HU, I haven't tested this new skill out myself. It sounds pretty legit from what i'm seeing :O

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 2, 2016, 08:40 PM
Charge Parrying is a safetynet that Sword probably shouldn't have: I feel ridiculously safe while mobbing now. Helps with uptime tremendously.

Charge parrying feels fine.

A safetynet that should not exist in its current form is automate halfline.

cnckoz
Feb 2, 2016, 08:58 PM
Is the Br skill worth putting all 5 points into? Or is just 1 enough, the points for a hybrid tree is getting a little tight again :/

Severed001
Feb 2, 2016, 09:00 PM
I really like the braver skill, it lets me keep my katana out and regen enough pp without feeling like I need to switch to orbit bow. Orbit bow helps when I need to regen a lot of pp, but most situations feel bad to lose the gear active.

There are a lot of times when I am about to lose the gear active, and I can only get a hit or two on the boss because of the different phases cycling through the animations. The gear boost helps keep the gear active for just a bit longer. Where before I would have lost the gear, I can recover the gear or maintain it long enough for when I can build the gear back to full.

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 2, 2016, 09:02 PM
I'd say 1 SP is enough (for a hybrid build).

However, out of curiousity, I actually maxed it on one of my other Br Skill Tree, and took it to UQ to for experimentation; turns out that Katana Gear is pretty much active like all the time, like you can almost have it active forever provided you're constantly on the offensive.

Severed001
Feb 2, 2016, 09:08 PM
Is the Br skill worth putting all 5 points into? Or is just 1 enough, the points for a hybrid tree is getting a little tight again :/

I wouldn't put as much emphasis on it for a hybrid build. Hybrid build would imply switching between other weapons than your katana, and that would deactivate the gear that the new skill would be affecting.

If you have a hybrid build with extra skill points, I'd consider it for sure, but I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

cnckoz
Feb 2, 2016, 10:26 PM
Yeah that sounds fair. Thanks for the help everyone.

Keilyn
Feb 2, 2016, 11:24 PM
I tried the new fighter skill because I play Fighter/Techer and I work a lot on combinations...

Here is what I found out so far:

If distributing one point:

This drops PP consumption to 90% and 95% PP Save. This is good if PP has already been calculated for your build. This skill would have been great to have pre Episode IV, but its here now....and since its here now it means that most builds have already PP factored into them when it comes to boss fights. One point is enough if different attacks are used and PP has already been factored into the build. The player comes out of the attack with some left to use in case things go south...

If distributing five points:

You better be using HIGH-COSTING PAs that are in dire need of this. The more expensive the PA, the better this skill is.....but it can demolish things done right.

Conditions: This skill ONLY works if using TECH ARTS JUST ATTACK's condition of doing JUST ATTACKS on different skills. In short, this does not work on two of the same skills being used back to back...

Note: This skill is not a substitute for sacrificing PP from your builds. On the surface it seems easy enough to use, but there is a learning curve that once mastered really makes for devastating combos in mobility, support, assault, and defensive combos...

Shunx
Feb 3, 2016, 12:37 AM
I wouldn't consider Tech Bullet really much. I mean it's gr8 if you're at a Distance, but you only gain 5 PP per Tech Bullet Shot. It's not much though as it won't fill up your PP quickly like Queen Vera Does, and Tech Bullet is only useful on Multiple Mob hits

In the end I'd go with Queen Vera over Tech Bullet. It's more accurate and quick on PP gain.

Tyroki
Feb 3, 2016, 12:49 AM
The bouncer one is amusing. Not overly fantastic on it's own, but lets you scale larger enemies and position yourself at otherwise annoying to get to weak points.

It's fun.

For Emergency Code: Rescue after being captured, you can scale the red cage until it the game freaks out that you're so high up and throws you back down =P

Ryziou
Feb 3, 2016, 11:34 AM
I'm in love with Tech JA PP Save. Feels good, really good to be able to swing out 1-2 extra PA's.

Shoterxx
Feb 3, 2016, 12:25 PM
Bouncer's new skill is actualy pretty decent, IMO, since you can apply status effects with it and it's pretty spammable on tall bosses. Might be useful for Magatsu, since it allows for infinite jumps, with dashes in between.
Neat for building gear while dodging bosses, too.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but Braver's Attack Advance seems to give it a nice damage boost, which, at the rate you can use it, deals a somewhat generous amount of damage for a normal attack.

I think it's worth the 1 SP if Bouncer's your main.