PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 EPISODE4 Story: What the hell is going on

Tymek
Jan 28, 2016, 03:40 AM
Title says it all.
Can someone explain this to me? My Japanese is too...bad to know. Something with you going into cold sleep for two years directly after the battle with [Profound Darkness] because of Darker particles or something? And suddenly Earth?
^^;:-o

Jay6
Jan 28, 2016, 03:43 AM
I think... that about sums it up. PSO2 became self aware that it's a video game, and suddenly, Japan is being attacked by T-Rexs, zombies, trains, steam rollers... It all makes perfect sense to me.

Sp-24
Jan 28, 2016, 03:48 AM
You were put in cryo sleep because you were tainted by Darkers after hanging out with Falzes too much.

Earth is is a parallel universe where PSO2 is a videogame, though Tokyo players somehow can cross to you world when playing it. You trace Earth's location after seeing Hitsugi log out.

SHiFT-Di3S3L
Jan 28, 2016, 04:17 AM
PSO2: 'Till The End Of Time

Rupikachu
Jan 28, 2016, 04:19 AM
Errr, there's already a story thread on the first page...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231944

Tymek
Feb 13, 2016, 05:18 AM
Errr, there's already a story thread on the first page...

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231944

many thanks mai friendo

Alucard V
Feb 14, 2016, 03:43 PM
PSO2: 'Till The End Of Time

Star Ocean at least had the decency of having the 4D Beings be at a higher stage of cultural development then the Pan-Galaxy Federation. But to be a plaything of some backwater like Earthlings would just be insulting. Even worse it ties into the animation which is a Sword Art Online knock off.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/ps-festa-2016-recap-in-sapporo/

Bottom line; they just stopped trying.

Anduril
Feb 14, 2016, 04:15 PM
I can see why people are comparing this to Star Ocean 3, but from what I understand it is a bit more like how the DC Multiverse works: parallel worlds connected through a form of media.

Quick and rough rundown of how it works there:
[spoiler-box]Comic books on each Earth are subconsciously recounting events that have happened on a parallel Earth (their coexistence is rationalized as each Earth having a different "frequency" at which they vibrate). Earliest example, Barry Allen, the Silver Age Flash, was inspired to be a hero by the comics he read about Jay Garrick, the Golden Age Flash, who on Barry's Earth (Earth-1) is merely a fictional character. Later on, Barry inadvertently finds himself on a parallel Earth (Earth-2) when he vibrates his molecules at a certain frequency (his original intention was to merely vibrate fast enough to appear invisible); he discovers that Earth-2 is actually the home of a very much real Jay Garrick.
Grant Morrison recently delved further into this aspect of the Multiverse in The Multiversity, where each Earth's comics serve as a beacon to the others as a warning and a call for help.[/spoiler-box]

Basically, whoever created PSO2-Earth's version of PSO2 has found a way to directly influence the ARKS universe by allowing Earthlings to enter it via avatars, and the botched purification we performed broke the wall between parallel worlds further.

Kondibon
Feb 14, 2016, 04:28 PM
Star Ocean at least had the decency of having the 4D Beings be at a higher stage of cultural development then the Pan-Galaxy Federation. But to be a plaything of some backwater like Earthlings would just be insulting. Even worse it ties into the animation which is a Sword Art Online knock off.

http://www.bumped.org/psublog/ps-festa-2016-recap-in-sapporo/

Bottom line; they just stopped trying.

I can see why people are comparing this to Star Ocean 3, but from what I understand it is a bit more like how the DC Multiverse works: parallel worlds connected through a form of media.

[spoiler-box]Comic books on each Earth are subconsciously recounting events that have happened on a parallel Earth (their coexistence is rationalized as each Earth having a different "frequency" at which they vibrate). Earliest example, Barry Allen, the Silver Age Flash, was inspired to be a hero by the comics he read about Jay Garrick, the Golden Age Flash, who on Barry's Earth (Earth-1) is merely a fictional character. Later on, Barry inadvertently finds himself on a parallel Earth (Earth-2) when he vibrates his molecules at a certain frequency (his original intention was to merely vibrate fast enough to appear invisible); he discovers that Earth-2 is actually the home of a very much real Jay Garrick.
Grant Morrison recently delved further into this aspect of the Multiverse in The Multiversity, where each Earth's comics serve as a beacon to the others as a warning and a call for help.[/spoiler-box]

Basically, whoever created PSO2-Earth's version of PSO2 has found a way to directly influence the ARKS universe by allowing Earthlings to enter it via avatars, and the botched purification we performed broke the wall between parallel worlds further.
Come on guys, there's literally a link to the first thread for this right there...

Alucard V
Feb 14, 2016, 05:58 PM

Wouldn't a Mulitiverse theory like that require something like the Akashic Records just to hold it together as a center piece tho?

Anduril
Feb 14, 2016, 07:34 PM
Come on guys, there's literally a link to the first thread for this right there...
Sorry, but since he didn't post there, I couldn't reply there...

Wouldn't a Mulitiverse theory like that require something like the Akashic Records just to hold it together as a center piece tho?
Pre-Crisis, Earth-Prime (aka "Our" Earth, the world without real superheroes) served that purpose, while in Morrison's work, we have the Hall of Heroes and the Rock of Eternity that sit at the center of the Orrery of Worlds.
In regards to PSO2, that is what essentially what Xion (and to a lesser extent the Phontoner's failed clones of her) is.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 14, 2016, 07:42 PM
I've been wondering what is PSO1's story comparing to PSO2, I remember someone mentioning that there was this NPC who lost his weapon to Falz and you accept his quest to retrieve it.

Courina
Feb 16, 2016, 07:35 AM
Sorry, but since he didn't post there, I couldn't reply there...

Pre-Crisis, Earth-Prime (aka "Our" Earth, the world without real superheroes) served that purpose, while in Morrison's work, we have the Hall of Heroes and the Rock of Eternity that sit at the center of the Orrery of Worlds.
In regards to PSO2, that is what essentially what Xion (and to a lesser extent the Phontoner's failed clones of her) is.

so we are the succesful one ? to some extend

Dycize
Feb 16, 2016, 08:43 AM
Luther actually namedrops the Akashic Records while he's doing his speech before Xion tho.
Long story short : there is a PSO2 universe, there is a Earth Universe, something allows earthlings to somehow play games in the PSO2 universe, and then we start going back and forth.

PrinceBrightstar
Feb 16, 2016, 10:00 AM
I think the thing everyone is forgetting is the simple fact that space-time travel in this series is not a new thing. There's no need for an Akashic record. Heck it's practically a daily occurence at this point. The descriptions for Rappies say they can do it along with some other creatures. The Gurhalians have been dealing with Subspace bubbles for some time now. Heck it's because of PSU that it's explained why Nagisa, Rico, and Flowen are showing up near the Arks fleet at this point. There is even a quest that Nagisa has called Space-Time Voyage Explanation (which sadly remains untranslated at this point for confirmation.) The Arks and Gurhalians probably have a good working relationship right now if those three are able to walk around unattended.

Zeroem
Feb 16, 2016, 10:38 AM
^I personally think that when Luther mentioned about Akashic Record in 3-5, it should be addressed more and have more dialogue trees. But alas, the topic was left there inside Double's inner-verse. And almost no way to bait that topic again unless from Xiao himself.

Well, if we can get Rico and Flowen Guild Card in similar fashion as Nagisa in the future; I guess it's safe to conclude that Emilia finished the Subspace travel machine; PSPo2:I side story are canon; also PSO1, PSO2, and PSU universe are now connected. It sounds like something SEGA would do for the next anniversary, but for now it's still up in the air for speculation.

For now, the things we know is that there is ARKS universe and Earth universe. Not really alternate, but more like different universe. Somehow, during our 2 years cold-sleep Earthlings can 'access' and 'exist' in the ARKS universe, under the ruse of playing PSO2. One year (or 7 months to be exact) after the anime; we woke up, asked to investigate about irregular ARKS, and discover Earth by accident thanks to Hitsugi being dumb.

Sp-24
Feb 16, 2016, 12:22 PM
Xion is the "Akashic Record". That's what Luther called her in episode 2.

Alucard V
Feb 16, 2016, 02:44 PM
Xion is the "Akashic Record". That's what Luther called her in episode 2.

Yes and no. By what I've read so far Xion is merely an Avatar of what is basically a living computer the size of a planet. I've brought up the Akashic Record in that sense of Metaphysics/Astral plane/Mind realm sorta thing seeing that Anduril brought up the Multiverse though Media concept.

Well, if we can get Rico and Flowen Guild Card in similar fashion as Nagisa in the future; I guess it's safe to conclude that Emilia finished the Subspace travel machine, PSPo2:I side story are cannon, and PSO1, PSO2, and PSU universe are now connected. It sounds like something SEGA would do for the next anniversary, but for now it's still up in the air for speculation.

For now, the things we know is that there is ARKS universe and Earth universe. Not really alternate, but more like different universe. Somehow, during our 2 years cold-sleep Earthlings can 'access' and 'exist' in the ARKS universe, under the ruse of playing PSO2. One year (or 7 months to be exact) after the anime; we woke up, asked to investigate about irregular ARKS, and discover Earth by accident thanks to Hitsugi being dumb.

It is funny that you bring up Subspace because if look at the plot PSP2(I) and Subspace bringing thoughts to live and what the Phantoms are (The embodiment of people’s fears and imaginations.) The two phenomenon are not that unsimilar.

Perhaps ESC-A's ‘Ether’ communication is just a less advanced form of Subspace technology and Subspace as a whole could be compared to Xenosaga's U.M.N.

NightfallG
Feb 16, 2016, 03:12 PM
ESC-A ethernet being the UMN with the serial number filed off makes so much god damn sense, wow.

Also, I really, really *want* this subspace theory to be true. I think it'd kinda own for PSP2i and PSO2 to finally make the Unifying Theory of Phantasy Star, even if it is completely contrived for the sake of shoutouts. :V

Courina
Feb 16, 2016, 10:53 PM
i stll have question that left unanswered so far from other thread...

What ESC-A stand for ? Ether System Communication - A ???

wefwq
Feb 16, 2016, 10:57 PM
Been loking through PhantasyStarCh on youtube it seems that anime's next episode (this week episode?) contain bathing scene, where the next game story update contain bathing scene as well? wat.
Why don't make bathing episode air at the same week as game update to make one hell of hotspring water explosion then.

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 11:07 PM
bath salt zombies confirmed as rare enemy

wefwq
Feb 16, 2016, 11:10 PM
Can't even image how does it feels like, slashing zombie that only had towel on them.

Chris_Chocobo
Feb 17, 2016, 01:55 AM

Bath salt as new stones to farm

Poyonche
Feb 17, 2016, 02:27 AM
New stones to farm to make 13* weapons of the Bath serie or Dirty serie.