PDA

View Full Version : Changes/Ep4 Impressions? [SPOILERS]

Hysteria1987
Jan 28, 2016, 04:05 AM
Surprised nobody's made this thread yet! Perhaps we're all sick of opinions after that last booty slider thread, hmm? :-P Also yes, spoilers and all.

Dot points, because dot points are fun:
* New area isn't as future-city as I'd like- still a nice spot though, I like it.

* Not 100% keen on all the enemies (the mechanical ones really), but I really like that they're much more aggressive than what we're used to, and that a good deal of them can take a hit without instantly melting. Seen a rare enemy or two in Tokyo already... I think. There was a mouse instead of a rat, and an S-type rat, aaand I assume polar bears aren't rare, but just regular reskinned bears?

* Train Ghidoran is a beast.

* Emergency code quick on that first Tokyo ARKS quest is real tight- I actually failed it a few times. I actually like that, lol- to me, emergency codes shouldn't be basically guaranteed wins.

* Story mission... certainly changes things. Not sure I like the direction it's gone, to be honest, it felt like a big departure from the game I know. That said, it's early days and has yet to develop. The girl also seems likeable, and I feel like she's going to be more relatable a character than what we've had so far- I'm interested to see more. Story mission contained too much little boy ass though.

So, what do you lot think then? I'm keen to see the layered outfits and all, I may have to pick me up some AC.

(And incidentally, on the story mission, if anyone who can read Japanese can explain what's going on a bit more, that'd be great. I got the gist of things just from watching, but I'd appreciate the details!)

Great Pan
Jan 28, 2016, 04:13 AM
Tokyo map is a HUGE dissapointment. So does the Summoner.

The only good thing of this EP4 is an ass-slider.

Xaelouse
Jan 28, 2016, 04:15 AM
Accessory customization and My Fashion is beast, best part of the update
Fuck summoner, class deserves to be left at lvl1
Train Ghidoran is awesome but highly telegraphed, the other new enemies need more HP
Speed Rings need to be in more maps.

FI, HU, and GU's new skills are incredibly useful, more than the others (but they have their uses too!)

Hysteria1987
Jan 28, 2016, 04:25 AM
Oh forgot about the summoner :P

I'm not gonna use it yet- my last MPA was 9/12 summoners. I can't begrudge them wanting to use the new stuff, but it's just braver all over again to me. Before I can enjoy it I gotta wait for the HYPE TRAIN to clear.

Xaeris
Jan 28, 2016, 04:25 AM
I'm disappointed in Tokyo. I try not to be a downer, but I just can't see myself doing this as many times as they clearly intend. The free map doesn't spawn any number of enemies of consequence that I've seen so far, and the fact that the spawns are set by the pings makes traipsing through the map even more of an exercise in drudgery than usual, even with the gotta go fast pads. And for some reason, everything is Lv 75 instead of 80, meaning they fall right over. Maybe I just need to get into the groove, but honestly, I don't see why we shouldn't all just go back to whatever we were doing in Episode 3.

Haven't had the opportunity to check out the new skills yet; respeccing means I have to redo like seven trees per character, so I'll need to get into a certain mood to bother. I'm hearing good things about SU, but it doesn't appeal to me and its class bonus is lol, so that's not really content for me to consume.

Butt slider's not what I wanted it to be, but it's still pretty useful, and the salon changes in general are pretty great, so I'm happy on that front. And as for the plot...well, I haven't laughed that hard in a while, so I'll give it a thumbs up there even if that wasn't its intention.

FantasyHeaven
Jan 28, 2016, 04:33 AM
Summoner is the worst class ever. Just mindlessly spam the attack buttons and mirage escape if something is near. Even using it as a subclass is out of the question because of pitiful damage bonuses and 90% main class skills. Obviously a class meant to bring in the casuals from the anime.
Tokyo drift is fun. I rather run around the city than fight the enemies at this point, since they're all just damage sponges that don't pose any kind of a threat.
Train boss is alright but you can't see anything when fighting in melee because sega hasn't implemented zoom into the game.
I can't be bothered to farm for 800 stones again for just another 13* so no reason for me to come back to the game really.
Ass slider is pretty much ass, new accessory options are good.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 28, 2016, 05:11 AM
The new UI is the best part about this entire update. It might also be just me but I feel the entire game runs much smoother and less laggy, specially when scrolling between weapons or menu's. inb4 old UI caused all the lag issues :wacko:

Aside that I dont know what to think yet. The new area is super small, the fuck is with that 2nd quest that is just 1 linear path with 4 waves of enemies? I didn't play free field yet cause I was already bored after just unlocking it. The running and kicking is a nice addition though, not sure what to think about enemies being forced to spawn in certain spots but it makes MPA less of a mess. You have less issues with 1 random guy spawning otherside of the map and triggering a code that the whole MPA has to run to.

I did the story bit of what I could till I couldn't progress because I had to play the new area but all I did was skip the cutscenes just to be done with it and unlock the option to select episodes at the character selection screen.

The more I read and hear about Summoner the less I feel like trying it out at all so won't judge on that.

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2016, 05:19 AM
Summoner is the worst class ever. Just mindlessly spam the attack buttons and mirage escape if something is near. Pet Murder 101.

TaigaUC
Jan 28, 2016, 05:21 AM
Summoner is very strange. Not sure what to think of it yet.
I often can't tell WTF is going on or where my pet is.
I think all the new Summoner systems end up overcomplicating what seems to be a simple class.

Haven't figured out how to unlock Tokyo yet, but did the daily free recommendation.
Seems so-so. Instead of adding pads everywhere, everyone should just be able to sprint fast when no enemies are around.
I saw someone Heartless Impact a helicopter, and now I want to do that.
Tokyo made me realize that sometimes I just want to roam around the environment, without the quest suddenly ending and having to go back to the campship.

Various GUI stuff still not fixed. There was something specific, but I forgot what it was.
There's a bug where if you try to exit while in a pet window you get stuck in mouse cursor mode until you hit a menu shortcut key.
Still no multiple camo support.
You can adjust weapon position but not rotate weapon. Which kinda defeats the purpose.

Accessory placement stuff is screwed up because movement limits are way too small.
It's especially terrible because movement doesn't scale with size change.
So even if you make an accessory huge, you can barely move it.
This becomes even worse because rotation axes are often in strange places.
Meaning when you rotate an accessory, it'll move a mile away in some weird direction.
And you can't even fix that because of the tiny movement limits.

Layer stuff is nice, but I really would've liked to be able to change just the shoes on some of the outfits.
Also, you can't adjust layer priority for old costumes. Meaning you still can't put pantyhose on top of underwear unless you use new inner wear.
Speaking of that, the default base wear doesn't seem to be customizable, despite looking pretty cool. Did that not even occur to them?

Ability to change outfit anywhere is great.
Ass slider's main issue is it exacerbates the pot belly issue that has plagued some outfits for years.
It vanishes on other outfits, and mostly vanishes if you're not in default standing animation.
More storage is great, but character specific instead of increasing general storage is kind of a huge pain up the butt.

I guess you can sum up episode 4 like what my friend said to me:

I'm upset because I'm happy with my pso2 crap, but I still don't want to play
I just logged in again and went "oh there's nothing else I want to do here!"

Episode 4 is mostly features that should have been implemented ages ago, like Casts being able to have separate body types.
Sped up turn ins and grinding, finally. Stuff like that.
But every episode has been like that so far.

Naoya Kiriyama
Jan 28, 2016, 05:44 AM
I saw someone Heartless Impact a helicopter, and now I want to do that.
Captain Falcon simulator, in case you don't want to Falcon Kick with the pads, you can Falcon Punch them with Fighter

Azure Falcon
Jan 28, 2016, 05:54 AM
New field is really cool, I love how dumb it is - the music, the enemies, Sonic 06 mach speed segments, a freaking train dragon...

Summoner can go to hell, it's an overly complex mess of a class that doesn't gel with anything else and the pets look like rejects from a TV show for 6 year old girls.

The salon changes are very welcome, obviously we don't have layer wear yet to comment on but I really appreciate how much you can tweak the dimensions of accessories.

The story mission? Well they've never been good, but at least this might be fun to laugh at. It's had the effect of actually making me want to watch the rest of the terrible anime at least.

Xaelouse
Jan 28, 2016, 05:54 AM
Oh right, bonus quests and the storage were also good. I think summoner is the only awful thing in the update

wefwq
Jan 28, 2016, 05:55 AM
tbh favorite thing about first EP4 update for me was UI update :-?

Summoner was alright.
The class itself felt kinda strange, because how drastically different it play from the older classes, but stand to be unique in some way.
Pet can be annoying to work with sometime, since they can attack air instead of locked enemy.

Tokyo was, eh. I don't expect too much from it to began with anyway.
It has pretty fun dash and code chase, but lacking in enemy spawn but it was pretty much designed that way to avoid clutter during cheesy car chase.

For story, i can't say much since barely anything known so far.
I liked the "new matterboard", less headache to clear, more streamlined and easier to work with.

Salon update are pretty neat, it's not that great overall but is very welcomed.

Vatallus
Jan 28, 2016, 05:56 AM
Still trying to figure out the new DO unlock requirements.

Zeroem
Jan 28, 2016, 06:17 AM
Gonna separate it by parts because reasons. Also, not commenting on parts that I haven't tried yet.

UI
- Looks neat

Tokyo Field
The good
- Music are enjoyable to hear.
- Speed pad and rider-kicking whatever spawned there (including chopper and a tank) would take some time to get old.
The okay
- Train Ghidorah is somewhat enjoyable battle. Though, it felt like a battle to counter-attack.
The bad
- Too little enemy spawn rate. Not to add the field size. Probably more enjoyable if there's like 3 or 4 max enemy camp spawned at the same (of course, tied to how many players are in the MPA)
- The stage for Train Ghidorah is.......uh, lacking? Also, single-party only?

Summoner
The good
- Play differently than the rest of the classes.
The okay
- The pet itself. Their move-set are actually decent. Wanda has a really good PA combination for clearing mobs; while the bird one easily rekt bosses. But, I feel that this class would rely too much on RnG (for the egg drop, candy, and pet egg itself for upgrading rarity/looking for new one) and has the possibility to cost quite a lot of mesetas.
The bad
- Too many main-class only node on its skill tree. It's almost like it was designed to be the universal main.......which for now failed hard.
- The lack of JA feature on pet normal attack. That pretty much limit it's compability with some classes (like Hu's Fury build)
- The targeting system are this class' worst enemies. Su as main would have a hard time if they insist to open crates with baton. Not to add their slow 'reset-location' time, making it hard to quickly change targets.

Story Mode
The okay
- Simple and easy to navigate.
- The story itself. It turned out to not really into the Star Ocean 3's territory. Still reserving judgement on how things would proceed from here.

Haven't touch character customization in detail yet, but the ability to change appearance without the need to go into salon is neat.

Ezodagrom
Jan 28, 2016, 07:26 AM
Story Board:
I don't like how simplified it is, though I guess at least it'll be faster to deal with it...

New area:
I like that the 2nd arks quest now has the mini-boss during it and the area boss at the end, but I hate how it was implemented, the quest is just far too short.
If it was better implemented, I actually would have liked if something like this was implemented for every area:
- introductory arks quest (the usual 100~250 points arks quests).
- single party quest with the area boss at the end, mid boss in the area itself, actually good length (unlike the Tokyo arks quest, something that would last at least 20~30 minutes), branching pathways, maybe some puzzle like elements requiring the party to split up, and bigger waves of enemies.
- free field fully dedicated towards mpas, like the Tokyo free field I guess.

Others:
Can't speak about summoner, since I haven't tried it yet, but all the candybox stuff sounds just overcomplicated. =W=
I really like the new UI.
It's very weird how Io has a kinda deeper voice in a cutscene, but talking to her in the lobby is still her old voice...

TaigaUC
Jan 28, 2016, 07:37 AM
I was wondering why she had a deeper voice.

Yes, I realize it's been two years since then. But it's not like people's voices need to change that much.
So it just struck me as weird. I thought maybe my memory had melted.

Ce'Nedra
Jan 28, 2016, 07:56 AM
I still like how in 2 years time most NPCs still haven't changed at all. Guess sega is too lazy to edit all the NPCs. I also like (sarcasm) how they removed Matoi from the lobby all together but that could be related to the story and that she is also frozen up.

yoshiblue
Jan 28, 2016, 08:06 AM
It was joked that the way Tokyo spawns enemies may be how future EQs will work from now on.

Pros: Everyone will know where to go.
Cons: Bye bye speed rare farming.

Xaeris
Jan 28, 2016, 08:11 AM
plsno

EvilMag
Jan 28, 2016, 08:22 AM
Summoner is quite literally a Mobile Game.

Kiboune
Jan 28, 2016, 08:45 AM
Accessory customization almost godlike.Now PSO2 have best character editor among all current mmo

Running on new map is super fun.Love kicking t-rex in the head

Train Ghidoran is kinda too easy

Summoner is OK, but boring as hell.

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 28, 2016, 08:52 AM
What pleases me:
-Nice UI
-Quick storyboard progression (no need to run around looking for people/field-tablets; I'm not one to really care about the story, just want to get it done)
-Character Storage

What displeases me:
-Summoner. I feel like this class is so out of place. When I play it, it feels like a different game entirely, from the playstyle to the candy-mechanism-thingy. It's strange and out of place. Also, whenever I'm out of the field, it's hard to keep track of your pet when half the MPA uses exactly the same one you do, and the pets are flying all over the place; I wish you could recolor them or something.

What makes me feel like meh whatever (neither pleases nor displeases):]
-Tokyo field.

Edit: Mostly likely, just gonna get SU to Lv. 75 for completion purposes and then never touch it again.

Z-0
Jan 28, 2016, 09:43 AM
Episode 4 feels like it honestly introduced nothing, just a class and a new area (that totally sucks, also, having to travel half way across the map for some spawns is silly). Summoner is also extremely boring.

The UI and Este changes are nice (not that I have a reason to use the Este changes), but they're not really something that would keep people playing the game more.

GoldenFalcon
Jan 28, 2016, 10:03 AM
Summoner
The bad
- The lack of JA feature on pet normal attack. That pretty much limit it's compability with some classes (like Hu's Fury build)
- The targeting system are this class' worst enemies. Su as main would have a hard time if they insist to open crates with baton. Not to add their slow 'reset-location' time, making it hard to quickly change targets.

The guy who made the class didn't want everyone to be Su/Hu (even though pet doesn't benefit from Fury Stance regardless)

I did notice that my Wanda pet had a hard time going to the right part of the boss. However, Wanda (and the bird?) can quickly move to a new enemy with normal attack, and Wanda can return with the dash skill. And Sally can return with normal attack.

lunamaniac
Jan 28, 2016, 10:50 AM
I think summoner is really fun if you use it primarily as a tech class. Then you just set your pet to regen pp for you, use if for taking care of weaker enemies, and for the various utility based PAs they have - all the while you play with techs to your heart's content.

Zeroem
Jan 28, 2016, 11:16 AM
The guy who made the class didn't want everyone to be Su/Hu (even though pet doesn't benefit from Fury Stance regardless)

I did notice that my Wanda pet had a hard time going to the right part of the boss. However, Wanda (and the bird?) can quickly move to a new enemy with normal attack, and Wanda can return with the dash skill. And Sally can return with normal attack.

I can see the reasoning behind that decision. Still, kinda weird to not include JA feature on this class.

After I do more test on the class, it's more on bosses have multiple attack point that screwing over the pet's pinpoint-ness. Train Ghidorah is one example. That boss has so many attack point

jooozek
Jan 28, 2016, 11:29 AM
I can see the reasoning behind that decision. Still, kinda weird to not include JA feature on this class.

After I do more test on the class, it's more on bosses have multiple attack point that screwing over the pet's pinpoint-ness. Train Ghidorah is one example. That boss has so many attack point
uh, isnt there like 1 point passive skill that makes the whole enemy be affected by this skill lol

NoobSpectre
Jan 28, 2016, 11:41 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]UI
Personally I dunno what it is, so I leave it at there, though no negative opinion about it yet.

Story
Hmm... a good laugh, definitely not for serious players, but hey, this is a game, have a chuckle.

Ass Slider
One hype feature of many ppl, but turned out less than optimum, still great overall.

Summoner
As foretold, just 75 this for 75 capped bonus, masochistic stats though (HP+10, all def +40)

Da New Stones
Earth stones traded sword and launcher are pretty nice... for something. Well, redundant for those who dodge like playing Touhou though.

Storage
WHY NO ONE HAS GOOD OPINION OF THIS.... lel.:-P[/SPOILER-BOX]

Zorafim
Jan 28, 2016, 11:49 AM
Tokyo map is a HUGE dissapointment. So does the Summoner.

The only good thing of this EP4 is an ass-slider.

Pretty much what I expected from the trailers.

Zeroem
Jan 28, 2016, 12:02 PM
uh, isnt there like 1 point passive skill that makes the whole enemy be affected by this skill lol

Yes, that node are indeed exist. But it require the pet-wb skills and only on the caster's pet (well, that is actually balanced, because it would wreck bosses like Train Ghidorah if the effect was shared to other Su's pets).

When the wb skill duration are off, the problem still kind of exist. I hope that there would be an update to not make the pet auto-attack with just a click (this often make the pet attack like a mad animal when it was not locked on to certain part of the bosses).

landman
Jan 28, 2016, 12:09 PM
I played for the second time the train arks quests and it had the same layout, and the same spawns. Can it be more lazy than that?? seems like each episode suffers from lack of variety on new areas, Episode 3 lost the distinctive area 1 and 2 of each stage, and now we also lose random stages and random spawns...

LordKaiser
Jan 28, 2016, 12:40 PM
I can't find info of the new souls on Swiki.

Infinity Series
Jan 28, 2016, 01:17 PM
I can't find info of the new souls on Swiki.

You mean this?

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%89%B9%E6%AE%8A%E8%83%BD%E5%8A%9B%E8% BF%BD%E5%8A%A0#the_soul

Stat :
トウオウ・ソール ALL+10
アクト・ジ・ソール 打撃力+35 PP+3
ティル・ジ・ソール 射撃力+35 PP+3
マギー・ジ・ソール 法撃力+35 PP+3

Renvalt
Jan 28, 2016, 02:28 PM
random stages and random spawns

Call me crazy, but weren't we complaining about this being a thing at the beginning of the game's life cycle?

And now we're complaining about them fixing shit with this? I'm not sure how to react here.

Also, yeah, seems that they're diving deeper into "SJW Insta-Gratification Ez Modos" territory. Because Ghidran seems to go down rather easily, regardless of difficulty (unless he spawns in Tokyo Free Field, in which case he actually seems to get an HP/Def buff of sorts when he spawns).

Did I mention that they basically push new players into Episode 4? You don't get a choice when you make your character to start on EP1-3 or EP4, as they'd advertised. Irregardless of your choice, you're thrust into EP4 by default. Also, they cut out dialogue in the tutorial (by which I mean cutscene dialogue for Chapter 0).

RIP nameless tutorial black dude. Your constant sacrifices will be missed.

NoiseHERO
Jan 28, 2016, 02:37 PM
Call me crazy, but weren't we complaining about this being a thing at the beginning of the game's life cycle?

And now we're complaining about them fixing shit with this? I'm not sure how to react here.

Also, yeah, seems that they're diving deeper into "SJW Insta-Gratification Ez Modos" territory. Because Ghidran seems to go down rather easily, regardless of difficulty (unless he spawns in Tokyo Free Field, in which case he actually seems to get an HP/Def buff of sorts when he spawns).

Did I mention that they basically push new players into Episode 4? You don't get a choice when you make your character to start on EP1-3 or EP4, as they'd advertised. Irregardless of your choice, you're thrust into EP4 by default. Also, they cut out dialogue in the tutorial (by which I mean cutscene dialogue for Chapter 0).

RIP nameless tutorial black dude. Your constant sacrifices will be missed.

Nilla did you just say irregardless?

silo1991
Jan 28, 2016, 03:03 PM
the best part was the character storage n_n i been having problems the whole year because of the stones

Zyrusticae
Jan 28, 2016, 03:52 PM
Not gonna lie - I feel terribly unmotivated to play Episode 4 right now. Having to wait another three months for the graphics update, the release of both Blade & Soul and Dragon's Dogma PC around the same time... I ain't got no time for this shit anymore. It'll be even worse when XCOM 2 releases next month.

Hopefully, when Tier 6 graphics are released, I'll have cooled off with my other games enough to give it a proper look. Otherwise... yeah, not so much.

Sora Yuuki
Jan 28, 2016, 04:00 PM
I enjoy the Tokyo map a lot thanks to the GOTTA GO FAST mechanic, and Summoner is... well, it's umm... something to level in the meantime.

Qualia
Jan 28, 2016, 04:40 PM
Yo 4real though, you can finally view other players' equipped accessories and hairstyles.

Too bad you can't copy and paste the names. You almost had it right, SEGA. :^(

Kondibon
Jan 28, 2016, 05:18 PM
uh, isnt there like 1 point passive skill that makes the whole enemy be affected by this skill lolIt just gives an additional 10% damage to the enemy universally, I'm pretty sure they actually stack if the pet keeps hitting the point.

I hope that there would be an update to not make the pet auto-attack with just a click (this often make the pet attack like a mad animal when it was not locked on to certain part of th3 bosses).Wonda and Torim both have PAs that make them stop attacking and follow you.

Ezodagrom
Jan 28, 2016, 05:20 PM
Personally I would rather have a set map with set spawns over a random map with random spawns for a single party quest, as long as that map is interesting (not linear, has puzzle/party split up elements), is long (at least 20~30 mins long, if not more), and has more waves per section than what this quest has...

Achelousaurus
Jan 28, 2016, 05:54 PM
Being able to change accessory size is really nice.
But the waist slider is not even a new feature, I never expected much but it cannot actually do more than changing body shape directly or using body melding, it's not actually a new feature at all.

I actually enjoy Tokyo cause it feels like an action battle Persona game. But its locked behind a more than ridiculous triple wall of very hard to get items which you only get 3 chances at per day, need to do 3 quests for and then have a low chance of getting them.

I don't get how Sega thinks motivating unmotivated players to not jump ship and play bns or Black Desert or any other mmo is by creating new content and then making it super hard to play that.

Summoner so far is mediocre and very grindy as well as pay to win cause Sega probably worries about their profits now and think giving players another reason to jump is actually gonna have the opposite effect and make them pay more money.

Or Sega is actually trying to get rid of all non hardcore AC spenders and wants to keep a small farm of fat cash cows paying them 1000$ each month.

Otherwise there is no way to explain so blatantly obviously poor decisions like making pets have none of the regular attack types or lack ja.

Oh and the story. I havent seen it yet and want to finish 3-8 first even though that's just comedy cause I heard real horror stories.
Like Sega is deliberately trying to ruin everything.
At this point I feel like some high up decision makers aren't looking for anything logical like money, some of them just want to watch the world burn.

PS: the reason I get this angry is cause I can't help to get at least a little hyped. For a while this was my favorite game and I loved it. But then Sega continue making things worse and worse and worse. And now it feels like whenever Sega makes it sound like something good is going to happen it turns out it's a bad thing after all.

PPS: the ui is shit. It's not that bad by itself but it's far worse than the original PSO2 ui. And it's almost the same as in PSU or PSO ep 3 or some other old PS games. And I'm pretty sure Sega went back to it to jump the smartphone bandwagon cause this ui looks quite a bit like Smartphone / windows 8+ uis.

Manta Oyamada
Jan 28, 2016, 06:20 PM
I liked the new story (Awesome), Train Ghidoran, Tokyo (Speed Rings), Accessory customizatio, My Fashion and new UI.

The Summoner is a trash ...

Renvalt
Jan 28, 2016, 06:52 PM
Personally I would rather have a set map with set spawns over a random map with random spawns for a single party quest, as long as that map is interesting (not linear, has puzzle/party split up elements), is long (at least 20~30 mins long, if not more), and has more waves per section than what this quest has...

No, I agree with you on that. That map in particular felt real short - kinda anti-climactic, if you get me (and that was the boss map, too! Really irritated me how easily he went down, even on SH).

Nilla did you just say irregardless?

Ignore 90% of the shit I said in that post. The main thing you should take away is that this "update" was a letdown.

Summoner was a letdown, Story Board ended too quickly for what little we got, Train Ghidran was a pushover, Tokyo got boring fast, and the "Cosmetic" changes were things that should've been there from the get-go.

Mattykins
Jan 28, 2016, 07:38 PM
Can we just sit down and appreciate that a new Episode just dropped, and Sega still hasn't given us a level cap increase?

Sora Yuuki
Jan 28, 2016, 07:43 PM
Can we just sit down and appreciate that a new Episode just dropped, and Sega still hasn't given us a level cap increase?

This. Fucking this. Maybe a few months down the line we'll finally get some more levels, but this still gets to me... Not that I have every class to 75 or anything, but the ones that I have to 75 are the ones I main and want to see develop further.

Rakurai
Jan 28, 2016, 08:07 PM
The addition of Touou Soul has made affixing easier yet again.

It'll basically combine with any of souls from large bosses to produce one of three souls of your choosing that give +35 to an attack stat and +3 PP. They also transfer at a 70% rate, so no more needing to worry about failures outside of boost week if you're not using three soul fodders or Soul Receptor.

The only issue is that it's difficult to get currently with how few weapon drops Train Gidoran has.

Keilyn
Jan 28, 2016, 08:46 PM
What to say about Episode IV....

First Login.... System Crashes..
Second Login attempt.... Oh nice, Ep4 loads but BLACK SCREEN on first scene.... YAY!!!!
Third Login Attempt, I managed to update the tweaker and download the patches and login... "Oh wait a minute... no character models are showing up.. ^_^ "Lets do a file check!" ...file check completes... still have the same problem..

So I download and English Patch, and write a BATCH FILE...and now I can log in. Only took me a "FEW HOURS" ...

Ok, so I log in and its VOPAR EVENT TIME, and no time to actually change my class I simply run in as what im used to.... Fighter/Techer. Oh wait, what is this? What the hell is a 12* Egg? First run too, oh wait a minute, SUMMONER IS HERE!!!!

....Leave it to SEGA to make SUMMONER as boring as watching Benched Pokemon sleep in the middle of the Card Game, but I can't complain....at least I did THROW my 15K EXP point cards at it and was done with it.

Is it me or do pets have a lack of precision against fast-moving enemies? Good thing I was simply watching other players try to turn PSO2 into SEGA's version of pokemon.

-----------------------

Ok, so I decided to try..
Five minutes later.... not fun at all......maybe just because its low level...

Oh wait, im 100/100... AGAIN? thank god for buying AC and now running at 150 spaces. THANK YOU SEGA FOR PERSONAL CHARACTER STORAGE SPACE....A FEATURE WE SHOULD HAVE HAD FROM DAY ONE! Better late than never I suppose...

So I pop into coast since I like to fuck around in there...and yay.....this game seems to have a bone to pick with me. :) Only five Org Blan and three malludas....but at least I didnt have to deal with those blasted Cougar EX or Chrome Dragons.... Those Cougars make me feel like PSO2 just became gundam....that is until a school girl destroys it...maybe its just a crappy zaku suit... yeah!!! I'll believe that...

...christ's sake... Where is another Operation British when we need one? This time target that new tokyo map.

That start of the Episode IV story was strange...thinking more of Sword Art Online, or Dot Hack. I did like the interpretation of trying to represent the outside world from the point of view of a game considering we "live" inside the game, while Sword Art and Dot Hack focus more on how a game affects people living in the real world and the animes remind us always that they are playing the game to solve a "Real world" problem...so this seems like the reverse of that in some ways...

Ok, so what have I missed????

Oh YEAH~!~~

I have yet to experience the EVIL ONES SPEAK OF when there are 12 summoners and their pets... So having twice as many models accounting for the Client Side mess up the instance? Oh dear me... Kind of reminds me of FF XIV when they make those 24 player missions and say it will be smooth and first week its usually LAGGY and everyone is PISSY and its better to just stay home gardening or raiding with your static...

...but who cares.... at least we arent going through the Coil of Bahamut to find NO bahamut...just fighting on Bahamut.. NO... WE HAVE THE COIL of FALZ......oh well.

So what are my hopes and dreams for Episode IV?

In Selfishness - PLEASE GIVE ME AN ALL-CLASS 13* Wand along with a 13* GUNSLASH with T-ATK on it....though Queen Vera is one of my favorite weapons in the game. :)

I guess what strikes me as strange is that usually in the history of phantasy star its supposed to be Episode III that is a departure from the rest of them. PS games did it on Generation of Doom, PSO did it on the EPISODE III - CARD GAME. PSU had no Episode III unless we count adding GC and fucking things and its winding down phase as EPISODE III.... But hey, can I complain that episode III was fighting a bunch of boxed toys and a castle?

...I will never see a Chess ROOK the same again. :( Forgive me.

Ok, so Episode IV is strange....
But at least its something different....
Another idea from SEGA that can be either HIT or MISS.

So that is what I think so far......

Hysteria1987
Jan 28, 2016, 08:57 PM
Oh I know we're getting niggly now but I keep trying to untek stuff at the new SU Tekker thing, and sell stuff where the Tekker is now. I also keep meaning to put stuff in prem storage but keep hitting character storage, I don't like that ordering :((((

Handing in COs is much faster now, which I really like.

HeyItsTHK
Jan 30, 2016, 01:42 AM
I like the small changes, shrug on the stuff that's actually added. I'm too jaded to go RARGH RARGH waste of time RARGH RARGH. Since Sega likes to content bleed they should have presented a stronger roadmap, but it is what it is, I still enjoy the game and that's all that matters to me. I'm still just doing dailies and weeklies like normal, but the goodies for doing features is cool. Gold bonus quest gave me like 15 ares stones lol.

Achelousaurus
Jan 30, 2016, 12:49 PM
Those new accessory options are insane!
Being able to change size AND angle allows for a myriad of possibilities.

I'm gonna be busy for a long time. Thanks, Sega (and this time it's not sarcasm).

BIG OLAF
Jan 30, 2016, 12:54 PM
"I'm upset because I'm happy with my pso2 crap, but I still don't want to play
I just logged in again and went "oh there's nothing else I want to do here!"

Whoever your friend is, tell him he nailed how I feel, as well.

It's like, yeah cool, this is all great (besides the stupid story plot and whatever), but...it's still fucking boring and tedious.

Oh, also, the non-removable Power Ranger jumpsuit underneath your characters outfit pisses me off to no end. Why add frilly lingerie innerwear when you can't fucking see it anyway? SEGA didn't think about any of that for even two seconds.

Unnamed Player
Jan 30, 2016, 01:26 PM
I love the new storage space and the speed ring running mechanics should be a part of the normal gameplay instead of just being a stage gimmick. Don't really care for anything else tbh.

HeyItsTHK
Jan 30, 2016, 01:42 PM
Those new accessory options are insane!
Being able to change size AND angle allows for a myriad of possibilities.

I'm gonna be busy for a long time. Thanks, Sega (and this time it's not sarcasm).

Male CASTS have already gone mad with power. Seen quite a few players running around mostly naked using accessory parts to resemble a dick. Welp.

jooozek
Jan 30, 2016, 01:44 PM
gotta say
my char storage is filled fully with exp eggs
not even joking
8/10 would store more eggs

MightyHarken
Jan 30, 2016, 02:43 PM
Oh you're asking what I think about SAO STAR ONLINE 2: A REALM REBORN?, terrible.

new map : a city in tokyo, no need to say anything else about this.

new 13*: launcher and sword look amazing, makes farming tokyo worth.

SU: still trying to get over the fact that this was actually implemented

Character customization = best in the world, had a blast for hours.

UI: it feels more advanced but at the same time it feels like a step back.

Sega was it so hard to implement a planet filled with poisonous gases and weird mutant monsters as enemies?

gabor100
Jan 30, 2016, 03:17 PM
Tokyo is way too small for Ragne+Train boss or 2 Train boss at the same time.(Old city is 100% better)

Something feels wrong, i get way too much 7-9★ stuff on normal.

2nd body paint option is just awesome, but could use a 3rd too.

HeyItsTHK
Jan 30, 2016, 04:30 PM
Kinda just hit me that the UI as some kind of new operating system kind of look. Probably to go along with the "you're playing a game" thing the anime and new story has going on.

Rakurai
Jan 30, 2016, 05:39 PM
Tokyo is way too small for Ragne+Train boss or 2 Train boss at the same time.(Old city is 100% better)

Can that actually happen?

I was under the impression multiple large bosses could only appear in scripted ETs that spawn both at the same time.

lostinseganet
Jan 30, 2016, 07:21 PM
I feel all that summoner stuff should be in the mags. Mags should be able to evolve and become partner machines. Partner Machines should be able to change forms during certain conditions

Evangelion X.XX
Jan 30, 2016, 11:43 PM
^I feel the same way. It would make much more sense than raising an animal. And instead of feeding it eggs or dealing with that ridiculous-kiddy-candy-system, you'd inject it with photons or something to make it evolve into something stronger and cooler and mechanical-like.

Edit: And also, make it so you can customize your mag, be able to give it parts, change its color or its look; give it a photon blast-like super special attack when its PB gauge is full in battle or something.

Natsu Nem
Jan 30, 2016, 11:50 PM
Story and setting is uh... So we went from space Japan to real Japan? You have this big universe with a huge amount of new possibilities like some new uncharted planet and you chose to go to real Japan of all places??

Summoner is a dumb gimmicky class.

Expanded storage was a big QoL buff.

I don't like the shrunk unit frame on the GUI. It makes it annoying to see how much life and PP I have left.

Expanded customization is nice and all but fashion is something that I'm not really interested in and it's definitely not something that'll keep me playing. What I want is to play a game, vanity comes later.

The new map is underwhelming and gets mundane running from spawn to spawn across the map. Hell, I regret building a wind spec and weapon for my FO because everything in there barely have HP. I even mistook the area's sub boss as a regular mob. That's how squishy the enemies are.

There's barely anything to do gameplay wise, no new meaningful content unless you wanna play SU or there's some 13* you want in the new field. It's SSDD, more stone farming. Could we at least have a level cap increase to 80?

Xaelouse
Jan 31, 2016, 12:08 AM
This episode should start getting more interesting for people, that dont play SU, with the skill ring system.

Korima
Jan 31, 2016, 12:25 AM
The boss train doesn't fit well in Tokyo Exploration, sometimes his parts are inside of the buildings because of the clipping and you can't see the weak point...

Vatallus
Jan 31, 2016, 12:50 AM
As a tank enthusiast I am still slightly triggered about the tank in Tokyo being named Type-15 or T-15. Whatever it was.

Hysteria1987
Jan 31, 2016, 03:10 AM
As a tank enthusiast I am still slightly triggered about the tank in Tokyo being named Type-15 or T-15. Whatever it was.Type-15, yes :P Not sure anyone knows what the rare one's called yet, I've only found the rare rat myself.

After seeing all my MPAs be 9/12 Summoners it's like Braver all over again for me. To this day I still don't like Bravers! That said I'll likely give it a go when the hype dies down a bit.

I know this is getting into lolsemantics here but I reckon the Summoner should have been called the Beastmaster or something- you're not really summoning anything. I'd have liked to have seen more of a necromancer style class for summoning.

Akero
Jan 31, 2016, 08:57 AM
-Running around the Tokyo free field is amusing (for now)
-Doing a flying kick on a runaway car is fun.
-The new accessory options are great IMO, especially for the mecha related accessories.
-Looking forward to more layered wear.
-Looking forward to the reappearance of absent NPCs.

I hope Quna gets a new combat costume. I love the Zelsius but something new would be nice.
And it's episode 4, give her another goddamned song already SEGA.

Not so keen on Su, haven't touched it outside of switching to Su to submit COs for EXP.

final_attack
Jan 31, 2016, 09:14 AM
So far feels good ....
> Character Storage '-')b
> Summoner. I used is as HuSu though. Taking 1 damage in UQ with offensive tree and 200 S-Atk Mag is fun. Too bad still used DebandDrink. Will see if I can still get 1 damage with ShiftaDrink once Summoner capped. Still 51 Su (I level them using sub weapon, like bow, or maybe Gunslash later) '-')b
> More casual looking costume. Gonna skip female one for now due to price though '-')b
> Este options is fun. I can see really cool looking Casts picts (forum of twitter). Though yea, lol costume is there to see too (Two-headed horse head and the likes). Very creative '-')b
> Can change costume outside of Esthe (to some extend, I guess .... can't change Eye-type and make-up, I think). Still very nice '-')b

> Better damage TMG is available (more than Austere) .... but I still need to grinf 600 stones orz The time ..... orz

seilent
Jan 31, 2016, 09:18 AM
My impression after EP4
summoner is not summoner, its beastmaster / pet tamer !
we hunt eggs, we feed, w raise

TaigaUC
Jan 31, 2016, 02:44 PM
Story and setting is uh... So we went from space Japan to real Japan? You have this big universe with a huge amount of new possibilities like some new uncharted planet and you chose to go to real Japan of all places??

That's what I keep thinking.
You just know next eipsode is going to be feudal Japan.
Because... Photons.

Whoever your friend is, tell him he nailed how I feel, as well.

I also just log in to check prices of stuff I want and level Summoner if the EQ is decent enough. I'm also busy doing other stuff too, though.
It feels like there isn't enough reason to really play POS2.
I tried Tokyo a few times and it's so dull. I just found out earlier that the tank is a mini-boss. I thought it was a regular enemy! I thought Gidoran was the mini-boss :/

AkuTenshiiZero
Jan 31, 2016, 05:20 PM
Mechanically, running around Tokyo is awesome and the enemies are actually not a nightmare to fight like Harkotan.

I just wish I could actually enjoy it without being constantly taken out of it by the sheer amounts of story-breaking absurdity inherent to it. I've been going on about how stupid this new direction is for weeks, and now that I've played it it's actually worse. I don't know moonspeak, but I can gather that a magic shota has suddenly bamfed into existence, and we can jump in and out of a teenage girl's PC like a fucking Digimon. Because Photons™.

The tone here is so ridiculously far removed from everything else in PSO2 that it's like a completely different game. A month ago I was talking about how epic the Profound Darkness story and final battle were, now I'm watching Stock Animu Girl #187 talking to a naked little boy while quirky music plays. It's fucking tonal whiplash.

vbetts
Jan 31, 2016, 05:51 PM
Eggs.

Eggs everywhere.

Nanaha
Jan 31, 2016, 06:05 PM
Not sure if this is better suited for this thread or the screenshot thread, but it's related to ep4 stuff, so...

Some people were commenting on the changed body textures. It's actually a whole new model, yet both are in use... My impressions of them? The models are probably better, and the textures... I think they're better for female? But absolutely worse for male.
Open each image in a new tab to flip between them to see the differences better. First one is always the old model, second one is always the new model. I did not make any changes to their proportions between screenshots.

Male
[spoiler-box]
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/_85eDFkXPG3asdvhi21AIe9uPwgt0QQW7rjRGk-zwa6_YqIeXKS2Teap1sLTsu-zrLULM0eaih4nFy20LfP513s2SG84OKSbaWabhG5VNqLsCW9ZO Sa2QaN7TnnFfRpiPTaF4VjOYLKVorL8NxC59tCq35oos5Hlvut BIKk5wUZtTS_sX5_j8KWWP-yQ_Na12JTFaW4AVxGH4k9P-wJ42sVw2kTaIC7wZvPpAJmWIocwJpHIzTQnyXb6lTnscJSiIzq qfRr57KO5LLmhhdjBQAbMBIoLtJfGSPpeyC-VyM6nML9IGQ7HmMOvXedyKzujQRD8gl4aTQ9JLd-SpiW1yo8stlAblmirhGKCMtHr2QrsiO2Hsv7xtw7lrsC3aqQzS lHFE5XZ70G1-uiLxdr2UXPEGRih3-8P22_5_qTINTqA-xuMc-gzh5Fpw1WebNRqpszvLydIPQpzJ9yJHYtuvp9mVSuoR_DW2LDv n460-yV7E-pZUUWiaHdCqNWWUe62vtY-ntMe0uMzEBEpLRe0dNdDZLJT3E-MUnxrwl8I7RBahJod3K0lYA1BV7FvJ-ztijZ7=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/HB0Rij8L0AOR7zH6HLa0Uu6V6J2S2z9_z1b2D0T7gNIfPD1CWb L6SOsRGWzzQk-yllqLFR9-RS42tKsxjsBAxLfmQhGe-1s-GHq1vFCDSFGevEse_6eyZM_fcaTIolXbpUi0Z7bIhazEBqT4sF gXnc5pbcfMx5FWvK4N1yMCV1_Esly7L-G87CgqvBi9bnrXT2BoY3cjSveFFVXKQoP7OJ1eAL9aY8e7MISP aOJ_cs04RrpXvwcWBHHm_A2WzizSSAVDrkpQwaK_wS3OcjUQc1 MyTp0cdlcn0_FU12N0rkVBxw2kmUkxdFSdoWbAOEXbTSK3IdjF 9I_-defQRTgiD4DPfbbm5p8tpkUV1I1hUydZmGsdCcwFri1N1k80eo 0uUJEOVhmNLJt7ItfIztz8aEQzoYWJodnr9rI1ctr1VgYJN30b Lbeob0GhwK7UIoZXADf5tK8-ifsii9lrqQslSi6CAPh74fn91sU3ukobIZ0KJfFKHjW1Qm_gfq 28b-NLDzdFupuNw7dA21wjgAPj12rPvsXHh4SA0uSfAP8kd00NMRyK Y5nrslhCorK1GCMyEuP_=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/qjYB7Px-l33z6LpZh5cqiVC8mHPjgEgDcHZ4VMEGuDy6X8xvVeGpnTvpP4 ICSFeGwZL15jCJI0jlvmt3El93ePoy6WW1qF2wvjYtUO4OmAME 4nxmS8b8Qr8bHamvIPMdFXEVG9QgELl1FR-OaC3WwiUx-EBM8UlXoPlVVz0Nl8DXqZunsEmNp4yIbbtRK355T9CC9V_SjTB cznhXkVaMCitLKMiOLnYsDo4lseVV84iEtiwKLetZnKxU3pqTo Ett3NJMjzGRXYz5I3yb6LjQd2vLGKgwE8FqOCqlz6RKSXMzeIT ePCC97uDGvQfNlFjAUZZ8Dh_WGZIQIuMnlRV8s5YMoagewpsRb OA7c6IT1lLV8ZvepgcTrVmZwj24FdcvVoLdu0PBOT9_9oJwQqT OuG0JCgWrh9rKHVvcZrW3MO1jmR1q-e0mg19_pcdoG9d-1zoV52yUAoPOVuKy_lM3ClwDF_eSWFMbHTdeL7u6TamCnkDYjQ lE2nX10gslc2hMXkcIqNfY3QGQC27ZLqK9udzX8nsKWSMn_7O7 ADHRT2uqTJPxJ01RbY1_jxiuTDAcat6-=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Pf9uOT7FCe_jEAk2nAFvHQGBIsF6S7mpgf5zrnJnYk554HCb5H b4pi_GuwWaSipnBCkcqBRQaFi-JxRmXNkpl3NcCTSAoinv5Pwvzhly3a7IGxrzW9y4MA3jFnTQ_k f69bOSe_WoIP3W9UZuy-p0W7lXa547Sn-Spj31WYy7gHVaWzEnPpgcqNXA8XYDx2ngw1cBFvK5alTnjym99 G-p4Wqnv0blAwBn_0bi2sZGfQUyG3OW2qSi-u0k0xZjKbJ7w5t0iWONkNl4bDCMhPBTZ67lNr9AHsAp0_Owvp_ 02Jg6AMDL9IIpitpTG9la89xnBE_VJitqy9hYdR5lt85hny5vj NqhTrR1vIJxIYRorRS180gbciO_gq7b-LU_SST7b-O-EQjPQFhtvxxAh73g9OV-Drs4VQyXALnobjJooc8FN8AYa12Deba05YZEKBKBgSKZGqvghQ iuPsYFphMIyD5jv5w5dPgHXt0Yif0ScUZ6UB5aVSXWuM8aSm5i WLMj7eqK9tLn4Vgdy4tLW1UTX3UuDaTRYD9JP95NaKcxJroteF HAv-d9MngzKEFFCh-kZO4B=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Ri7_qcuUsfww1ikk0M5Z3RZTw1W1OZHgF12g3ctaD-IWnV8Ts6TOP9H3vtfOplnvQaOfR8KQpSx41nsEAep52Q8tFBxH mxBijuSXkEinpLgdSBjmxW9xg5rN6yvoM1jDhZ3bfhMat2ztGu 0XwGkh157ru4gyr37L67PcaMzSKk4Krfbh3sSqNZfzHiEvxy6g ofNfMFo0zWd7LPUIcp3-Ufv0dRFPXlYKkl8kzGXexVoPNWMSisjrLnEwBCDlvbJSo4Fz6k C5ygn9z0S9COEIu8OEGVE8BRUPD2U6O2isF1XRVEn7OybEjmCJ QR0xCsQlDA44-BXswvYTSMlQsu3vIyBytpoe0kbohfR0AdcT6Ov0pgQirAKEJiS fT69_rVdrmr5DA4RczaX661gC2rFlCpOPokM0L2_XxE5amcGla-HJYkxmw2tX-mUCAF4DMnETpG3jlTMrMzZ4kc9Xnf5614ri1lytiecOdiOyW3w H-5bk97iXVpYUvnvxPBv_p-YpsADkf0ZsZGksmFUnZCoOhrBznT-zJp2ENQeCoTFFr96WOu2JP11L5bgaRGfcCTsJzmUR=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/41z7L5nCQL0Hh4aee1pe4H_Q_NfuIT_GioZ4zYlw4paRPKd_YD qNxwKj6CWpf6HFzer3TV0a07qjKYpC8uoWe0SpB10ryMSk_Q-v8zeXFg7n7pM8vzjvF_Nig2tgHyg5N8m-gVzDy7bqQ0m-Jh-px_dRlaQpWMsU6h7unBzYVbqE758z3ozxOuMeKygOZFSXKPrbD NRF7_s2I-2ZV43WVb9KC8Pcj0ne4-7YwzppJOBB4ZvxmIK8vOpmWsImPJT8LjMQArVCFIKtMbIBPGyP bpjn5HFpk5wIVfGQ2I4-RyRjyXKb2-v0zHiApVgRRIvyYkUrPzzwO-2bZQH6CUrFJz8_3kKCYSgZza0mcZUi-s_D3GtbSpgJARA-c05IRjuIqtkxzC5me0OstpdstD-yE4elK9sSQ-TzPkQF988-VLVCPgrGPkINZFXnoxBF2PAgSmDmQtCVwzL2LtvfGQvNC1FIrC U8Hczi4AnvB5wPgPpoIIg_1Kegfgh9sV5tBKHhHjLaYAvhLA-b7M6_2jGILjgGQb7YHdJjL-K0TbNUuh3iK_PVVHVbKXsbHa7gO7nBsV7L=w1600
[/spoiler-box]

Female
[spoiler-box]
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/BqQu8J-92FUQZquVtZl79IUWE_T7b1CZmraH-PIm6rZXb1FFFDmXUOpM8is-9J4o1amiIg_MSrZrXLMr1vVXi9l28dYR0qkseLdweCYuUe1y55 W9Uw-ZTRUPlRNW8QEs98bxlH9qJtA94Y8n5cdvbLNq3AgO7ZNMn_8OC QsqydTHtZSBLdE-WITNBqX1jEn0bPlQZOQec5GJ2M1h01pGSQafXITnLcfM8bam3L 8yv4RsvheKHBKc3wjkM2YqCRqHKkmdquG_4EoZ4cLeOZPICH6Y zDJ_u8Pel7xUWxKgfLsQ7e3x1SuxHXusSqlMEBNPR7d8he-l3smpoFNgOoFbu81SK1qtvBtPu_Y_La0Tq9rBupfFZKCrhqvUf qScuaCrsGJRWD-8UwMDnHpWGjkRWZnpA8VZmvgfz2O8AdiFShyhKJwrDdxW7axdM 5Eh3083Zf7WPwancekZD2xxexqLERneK1bw9-gNFs4ELb91DpnAII4QmevO4WypMccbKvo-804lqbmUdfy9BZxhNkT50E998T1ga3tlaFnS__jdbxrQahQ9lp wfXBrahrkgp35WMHPa=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/m7kyVKNjoJFGcdX_A8O0GaLScQ_veAc1VxFyMOFC_XndnbBGYb 4hbzcLkh1boFT7EAXOd08-AWxmeHr1H5LB248SZ7VmlBubbADckcZche4BVfWymV2dPynCHv OudF4uuorwXnrp7R6C4hN6xSioqFsuhkN4RcFKjB5KfMXwipc6 VY9ucA3Krorty-1qyAKtaksUilpa-UsM1adLHqADAaqIW5QJ3TT9782vKxnR237jtaXsMd4fqtYjYz1 zp5b00wEh3kH9b-b85xLQ8fHUiEFLSimsHCjG4iWzBbyKNxCwFkv2-OUHktQFiPCtsKR-A38V25C95xf83ejEh3O6PvYh42vxvUZ-ngtnBqdwrxjQdSpLDHJ4fBbVZ4PkBw36lCNws0OCJdKQO81a3O 7pThFE2mbiqrNsSOSA4h6iY9w8w5de-OY_lWCG-60GSZH1qS21V-dDx7cgedOLtoAKfEiHbz8kgMkx4sQbT5SdG77LjiJEaAGuhFYd xmoAmibW1ptF_HIrPLqsuYgfoynFjKjS96UG1QoE9WpEsq2-KLNagEXkoAU_6oi4CVfTH2oDt--k=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/lxA6BZ1G1JfniFhj61hj89f0Ym9H2-oT2Lmq8YoaUVsIN_3u2AdwhgqlClb1g8NkzD1RkVw_QaeR4pKw MCLlEAoBgLEYUXT--OQyw-SHmoLtA1maykA5oZP22JpM5_ofEmSXA0D7fDRlYNdyH_rZptEH R0o-qNXyvgZ05vHLl8BPzfHH3V9Xc2-wdihNH6yoMkcupIGsi5nLKWlNLevbDHVpfH_V--Ell3r1CgV69THDz9TPp8mnUEzELCPqtCqdnbumNHP8GTW6Y-I7SODpEiaBMUgH31fRMYL1r2K8pWKQDCMou36epkrywD79BNfH Q-a0HdO8aor9hJbkRVa1ytgQTJc2dnSccAEjxOqdLnQHLbKbiVdc 1BWirPsd-UGcXoWE7oXqyfg4c0cXfZiy8UIm2VlHJHcGeZMmxSI0vgd41H6 cf7tygQ4_8giD6iIl6hAd-wDr7ur-ZJstsEsq-4c_AW4bIW3dWfw2RH3Z7T_le9Pn5rBIIOlD217VBbN5Fk-KhiUUyOhQsgmjdyv2HwCAcL6Fg1LZIL1-IV9uuYE6diVlsc7V3PTNDU0FuHeu9ZR9=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/CdFp7J4GEGbVeRGJ7uiIG9P5OUqaGvvqWux6915eufLQR9sCfq p68mHY8rJ7PCU94R5YcQhaBCqQTA0yZ_QH7aw7_E48VAPZ2wW5 iXaDlC_BWQQksl1EMwAcbkZ84K4cDXVXtHu2Y5f0I4C3G8eOWf EbcxzAJ6dEKa-o3tNjzRC1sLY0GLqL1HeUgcMyVT5QSPtqi1sk1mHUoxEouHVOF 7hRerfQK8DDCQeriNz-jKpsEqt_Zf--Wqx4a7rLuTmLmMtWWKi7iadvVutLsgAEqBJ3VhMj0i7XDn10fV SEuvYBnR86rMnpFCKEfhB7T1Z8bcugjwsMG8etO0rcE-StN8Xl6BjI63ZN-UliqIxt9FixXf4MVQZdBVD5-Gvjt3E_YR4exg2e60ndeEdmlJSakHq7_MWIiKbdS5Ju3saYZch G5G4bmqu74RJzZzT5aLWcCxrmmg6K_Q2WxPb1avaVDa22WqTcf 1qp75nMmSGz-taj0Kyu1s-Rkq2Gmx8N34-gIa1vtPu0CkcZkvcuXXehF_aU9Rheo82hyoJgFEuhved9B_oAQ Jy7_qqU_xsnJs21KXuQ=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Q8h96MzXv4eQ9VYP4RE64UlhVEyCj2WUT4FvwGmpTi8r2Ei6aw t-l7648INEZQj7X145X2_HQKBJWHCN6VPN-6vK3lP5QCIxfy0KS2OHim1IIBgO00LlOhIJWVpCWpT6yVIgJsW ERm7QZ_MZ516gFxneABTvvUhTp870Qza1choSJYptYqDXGTcc3 ano_B9lUbA3e0NCYpAl8acK016cW6TGGD_GFy587anggE4K3uv pfUBVIjPd-tBdieUQnRo7j2IkHEB2JwnuGbii2CaT__izFqjZTxCphH_T5EV QQWMhcfroSF_Zq1MOyygJba2iOMEnd8hIYUpaPN75SkINH6-mrjYy2u6ogWG8wKG0X8vSxy2JJu0A-jBJ1HeeGBC97vVTr8olqXYfidqof0CKenrQ74dvmaJEjvyNv7m 1WX7v-qJd8L0fHP9rqvhA-RjA21wIVH93tVN6Xdh1svS07DIm4B689wIuRIIwvIWNFvHBlld iqxXIfJcujbLPQsX7jluyqC7xYXthqzxlF9_7-8torqoLRPeVOMofl-eUEa-H0aESewd9VXeG93Mw1K6Kj8tD=w1600

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/3ZKyJb1b0O3RDaz6rAvvdcZq1QMZ2qNe2ct2WSrT1mTNPlSWdP KLLJbPP3zF9qvpPTSZRVHZk-Rvy3B98y5YUgeeHJfBrg_faNo6sJUZrTYqX6PkBTpJma57746Z VS7AueEmGPJ9ETfVQa_xG-UNxT_DW4N9F68o0Te-gshCKpgAxhfvuqP5p4ZLvltSFneawDOh6cG-N4aqZ0FIFxSoZL86l16YJjhANQwNk5OJ_qk3YC2BbYjT1uApwq ak7fd6iuTCGzOHb9kQ5P_Z9NsmhZyqQoVbQR1vc7L7kAA3wyvA 08OBAkipV03HwOlS-6QF1UcWQEqWIm3GpGGAt2Hx-k1bm7WTWATF2jjnxVu7Ovbb84vzkNRwBXH8kioXagTbIkdWh37 ufU0RHefOwnMHYysl0GvKeKJFe9NuWWk0TlD9p4iRDSuOiyae_ 3eRdA6JCZ7ggv_gZgmC_924Tl9X_0DXCAPXLazddmINuEYTZw7 qGVQO7PHvng71uI1K9ycIetIjMQ2bcDZ_m7JSZQYa3Wm4vaoH6 2DG08KY5zVCB8Rgz9fA1eJopeQgg7QQ6NMdvYpP=w1600
[/spoiler-box]

Somewhat related to the same thing, but I also notice boobs bouncing violently when the model first loads some times in the salon. Once, it took a few seconds for them to slow to a stop. Still not as bad as it was during the alpha, tho.

Unrelated entirely, though, I think it's weird how you can zoom in closer on the bottoms of male feet than female....

... I'm assuming posting pictures of the default underwear in the salon isn't against the rules.

My browser is drawing a blank for all those pictures.

Blue Froman
Jan 31, 2016, 06:22 PM
I find the dash pads fun. And that music is so good!

TyroneSama
Jan 31, 2016, 07:26 PM
All the enemies are super fun, but the aesthetic is a disaster and I'm not really sure what they were thinking.

Trainhydra is easily one of the most interesting bosses in the game right now.

Vatallus
Feb 1, 2016, 12:50 AM
Eggs.

Eggs everywhere.

Did you get to see Eggatsu before it was replaced? :wacko:

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2016, 09:37 AM
What bugs me about Summoner:
- No dodge. Pets have no sense of self-preservation.
- Pets have no home. At all. They just come out of nowhere and disappear into nowhere. Support Partners feel more like pets than pets do.
- Pets don't know how to do anything when you're not swinging your Baton. As soon as you're hit, they forget what they were doing.
- There's no sense of nurturing for the pet. You don't feed it when it's hungry, or anything like that. Once you're done levelling, you can just let it starve. Even Mags need energy. Pets run on an infinite energy source.
- You can't see anybody else's pet names. I wanted to see the interesting stuff people'd come up with.
- Everyone has the same 3 pets, with the same 5 abilities. If it was Pokemon-ish, we'd be able to choose unique pets and pick unique abilities for them. That'd have way more depth.
- Everybody's pets look, sound and act exactly the same. No visual customization. Except name, which nobody can see.
- The actual pet customization is just how much damage they deal.
- Every pet looks like a little girl's stuffed toy animal. They didn't care enough to make pets with different themes to appeal to different people.
- It feels like it's designed so that you're supposed to use every pet, depending on situation, just like with weapons. You're going to be constantly switching between them.
- Many of the above points severely detract from having any sense of pets being an actual living animal, ie. a pet. They just feel like some kind of weapon. Bred from wasps or something.
- If you screw up growing your pet, you basically have to make a new one or pay a fortune to fix the old one. Like everything else in PSO2 (designed to get people to spend money to fix their mistakes).
- Candy system is basically affixing, grinding, etc re-packaged. Why did they bother doing this?
- No extra GUI stuff for pet. Makes it very hard to see HP or know how long until it revives.
- Need to use lock-on to direct pet, except the camera often doesn't follow properly, so you often end up staring at nothing while the pet is off-screen.
- Pets are obviously built on top of the Mag system. They could simply have used Mags instead, and that'd be far more interesting, as well as more suitable.
- Like Mags, pets are stuck to your rotation. Wanda looks the worst. The stupidest thing is, when Wanda goes into idle animation, he SEPARATES FROM YOU. Why can't it be like that all the time?!
- Pets being "tied" to you almost feels like a Yo-Yo of sorts. Again, detracts from sense of living animal.
- All pets fly. Like Mags. I think this pretty much guarantees that any future pets will not stand on the ground. Note that Wanda will actually stand on the ground during idle animation.
- Mags have far more customization and variation than pets do.
- Some pet PAs seem kinda similar or redundant.
- Would've been nice to be able to range heal/buff using Sari or something. Like Talis, yes.
- No pets as subclass. Means less variation and experimentation. Less depth.
- Candy system doesn't make any sense, logically. How does candy "buff" them? Don't they eat the candy? They feel stronger just looking at it? What the hell. And why compress candy? Just buy a bigger box dammit.
- The skills are pretty boring. Pet Sympathy is a pain up the ass to use.
- You know a skill tree was lazily thrown together when almost half the tree is "attack up, attack up" and "defense up, defense up".
- Game is very vague about the stats and how stuff works.
- Pets being weapons means lag when switching pets. Not only this, but pets seem to also take some time to actually appear. In the heat of combat, it takes too long.
- Everyone's pets darting all over the screen is really distracting to the eye.
- There's often no sense of actually hitting anything, because of stuff like the pet always flying, or being out of view range, or out of hit sound? range (not sure about this, have to check).
- Starting baton looks terrible. Why is there a sheathed thing?
- The solution to your beloved pet being knocked unconscious is "call another pet and wait". Feel the love!
- Pet sounds are very cutesy and feel out of place.
- Sari in general is disturbing. Cat fairy? What the hell. Why not a cat?? Are more future pets going to be half-animal half-humanoid? Isn't that... slavery?
- Pet name limit is kind of small. If I recall correctly, it's about 10 characters?
- Dunno if they explained pets lore-wise. Don't Arks use Photons to fight Darkers? The Baton is clearly Photon. They use Photons to brainwash animals and turn them into wasps? Are the animals conjured from Photons?
- PSO2 already supports a lot of the stuff pets ought to have. Why didn't they copy paste those instead of copy pasting Mags and wasting time making the candy system?
- Why do we feed pets with their own eggs!? Isn't that cannibalism? It's like they couldn't be bothered adding food items. But they bothered to make the damn candy box system. Which pets obviously don't eat.
- Some people are telling me they don't want to try Summoner because it "seems like a pain". That's probably the last thing a good game designer wants to hear about their newly designed class.

What I like about Summoner:
- Well, it's something new.
- Baton waving is a nice animation if it suits your character theme.
- I like having a pet. It's just nothing like how I would have done it.
- Pet renaming doesn't cost a billion real life dollars.

How I would have done it:
- Use other games' pets as an example. There are so many good examples. All better than PSO2's.
- Pets should have, at the very least, basic customization like characters. Size, proportion, color. A few accessories. Simple stuff.
- There should be a bunch of pets, with both shared and unique abilities that players can choose to equip.
- Allow players to tame animals in the damn game. There are so many of them. Rappies are a must, obviously.
- Pet abilities should be tied to (ie. complement) other class abilities. Thus allowing players to fine tune pets to suit certain types of playstyles, weapons, classes, etc.
- Pets should be treated like real animals. You should be able to get a Pet House for your room. You should be able to feed the pet when it's hungry, outside of levelling purposes.
- The GUI should show life of each pet, or the life of current pet and a light for whether the other pets are available. That way you'd know if theyr'e "dead" or not.
- Pet Sympathy ought to be a notification on the GUI instead of floating on top of the pet. And it'd be nice if it was something that didn't require PP.
- Pets should be autonomous to some degree. As in, you don't need to keep telling them what to do. And I mean above pets auto spamming regular attacks.
- You should be able to "revive" the pet. I mean, why the hell not? You can revive players and stuff.
- Pets should have some sense of survival. Dodge, block, something.
- There should be pets that actually stand on the ground. Weight, gravity. Makes stuff feel great.
- Pets shouldn't be tied to a weapon. Players should be able to use whatever weapon on top of being able to direct pets.
- I would have called them "Beast Tamer", or something similar. I don't think summoners summon "pets". They summon familiars, spirit beasts, stuff like that. PSO2's pets don't feel like that, either.

Z-0
Feb 1, 2016, 10:06 AM
Yes, Summoner honestly sucks and feels hella gimmicky.

The grind is more interesting than other classes though, that's all I can say really.

Crevox
Feb 1, 2016, 11:15 AM
- It feels like it's designed so that you're supposed to use every pet, depending on situation, just like with weapons. You're going to be constantly switching between them.

Not sure why this is a bad thing. I like it a lot, my only complaint being your pet losing Shifta/Sympathy bonus for doing so (not really sure if that's entirely a bad thing though).

Technically, we're not at that point yet because Cery and Wanda are a little too weak compared to Torim. They have their niche moments, but the ability balance is lacking a bit right now. A few examples:

-Torim Bullet is useless outside of using it to recall him.
-Wanda's spin seems like a worse version of his lightning attack with no merits.
-Cery's suction/vacuum skill has far too small of a radius/suction power to be useful.
-Torim's Slash will stop and he will choose a new target if anything dies from it. This makes it annoying to use in many situations, such as Zondeel or if it breaks a body part. For example, on Banther, if it breaks the head, he will stop slashing and pick a new target or recall; I want him to just keep slashing.

- If you screw up growing your pet, you basically have to make a new one or pay a fortune to fix the old one. Like everything else in PSO2 (designed to get people to spend money to fix their mistakes).

Not sure what you're talking about here. The only example I can make of this is element choice, which can be solved by the candies. Depending on the element, it might cost a bit of money, but it's a 1x1 candy and not that expensive. Most of them can be afforded with one run of TAs except for Light/Fire, which takes slightly more.

The personalities can be redone any time with a 13 star egg, if for some reason throughout the entire time leveling from 1-75 and upgrading your pet many times you didn't choose the personality you wanted. Either way, because there is a "better version" of each personality that I assume comes with the 13 star eggs, you'll want to get a 13 star egg to get this better version regardless.

A lot of your other complaints are repeated or extremely nitpicky. There are some I agree with.

Summoner is fun and I'm enjoying it, but since it just came out, so it still needs a little bit more to it. I'm sure when it gets updates it will have more stuff, but right now some stuff is lacking (small amount of candy choices, some PAs being weak, low pet personality choices, etc). Some quality of life would be nice (like the pet HP thing you mentioned, a sympathy/shifta buff icon, a dedicated pet recall button) but I would be fine without it.

Besides that, I think I'm just used to playing Force and having a huge number of spells at my disposal offering a lot of gameplay variety. However, right now it's a whole lot of Torim using the same two-three attacks. That's partially my fault because my Torim is 12 star, Wanda is 9, and Cery is 10 and I gave Torim the most candy/eggs, but either way I still feel like either the other pets could use a little bit of buffing or Torim could use some more arts. It's stlll early though, and they already said they were going to add new pets I believe, so I'm content. I just worry that Summoner will "max out" much earlier in than other classes in terms of "gearing" and you'll run out of things to upgrade.

Z-0
Feb 1, 2016, 12:03 PM
I don't really think "it just came out, so it's obvious it's lacking" is really justifiable. It's not like they didn't have time to balance things out / add more things.

The rare personalities do not come with 13* eggs. They come rarely from untekked eggs (the super personalities). If you have a high rarity egg with the wrong personality, you need an egg with the same rarity or higher with the personality you want to switch it, so you need to hunt like 50 13* eggs or just raise a new pet and find another 13* egg.

Wanda's Spin is a hell of a lot stronger than the Shock attack (like 50%). It's a range/damage trade-off.

Crevox
Feb 1, 2016, 12:20 PM
Wanda's Spin is a hell of a lot stronger than the Shock attack (like 50%). It's a range/damage trade-off.

Well, that just goes to show how little I use Wanda. My bad on that one.

The rare personalities do not come with 13* eggs.

That's unfortunate. I wonder how much of a difference they make. Either way, at the moment, I would argue that it does not take long to level a new pet. That's still a pain though.

It's not like they didn't have time to balance things out / add more things.

I'm just trying to compare it to like Bouncer or Braver when they came out. Over time they got more PAs, didn't they? Not sure how much rebalancing went on.

My main concerns:

-Summoner gets too strong for too little effort, lacks the amount of character development and over time strength gain of other classes (no weapon). I feel it will cap out much easier than other classes as well. The growth system of your pet (mushing eggs into it for stats) feels pointless due to how short of a time it takes and how little of a gain it provides.

-Lacking skill tree (too many lame choices after you get the bare minimum required stuff, not very engaging)

-Pet balance (some arts need buffing or more of a use)

-Some quality of life issues (pet HP, some art/AI functions, pet glitches like flying off rapidly trying to aggro something too far away rapidly, etc)

-Candy system is just mush as much damage into your pet as possible with the slots provided, lacks any interesting customization

-Personality system feels tacked on and uninteresting, the choices are either negligible or 1 obvious one. Not sure how much better the rare personalities are, but that felt unnecessary.

I'm sure there's more that doesn't come to mind immediately. Either way, I'm enjoying it for the moment, and the complaints aren't a deal breaker for me, yet. Most of them are fairly minor.

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2016, 01:51 PM
I think that, the way pets are now (ie. very much like weapons), whichever pet does the most damage is gonna be the most used.
There isn't much motivation/merit about which pet you personally like in terms of looks, customization, etc.
Because there aren't really any options for those.
I don't think the pets, as they are now, appeal to people as a real pet or living creature would.
They just feel like generic weapons.

If you compare Torimu, Wanda and Sari.
Wanda has two close range attacks, a medium size AOE (slow) and a weird upwards DOT.
Torimu has huge multi slash, huge range super fast charge that hits hard, a 5 second charge uber boss killer.
Sari has a ranged Zondeel which has kinda weak radius, the slowly increasing territory, one arcing projectile that does weak AOE and a chain projectile with so-so damage.
They're not as varied as weapons for other classes. It's kinda more like comparing Knuckles to Knuckles instead of Bow to Sword.
Or it's like comparing Techs to Techs. A lot of Techs are similar, but with different element.

In terms of purpose:
AOE = Torimu/Sari (Torimu+Zondeel seems more effective than Sari Fall + Chaser/Territory).
Single target damage = Torimu, hands down.
Boss killer = Torimu. Sari and Wanda don't have boss killer attacks.

When I say encourage people to use all 3 pets, I think it's negative in the sense that everyone uses the same 3 pets.
I guess I mean something along the lines of, it detracts from nurturing a specific favored pet and really treats them all like generic tools.
If they're gonna put in a companion, they ought to allow people to form a personal bond with it in some way.
Even Support Partners and Mags feel closer and more meaningful at this point.
I think people should be encouraged to customize their own thing and be able to go with it.

If you compare to something like Pokemon (which I'm not really familiar with), trainers have more of a bond with their pokemon, right?
They pick certain types because they like them, and customize them with certain abilities and so forth.
It's very different from PSO2 just having 3 weapon-ish pets with the same abilities and everyone uses the same stuff.
Even if they add another pet, it'll still be a matter of whichever pet does the most damage will win.
There's a little utilty, yes... but right now it's not very significant compared to the damage. That's what I think, anyway.
You only need one person using Sari curse or whatever to get the benefits.

I'm doing a shitty job wording what I mean. I hope I'm making sense.

GHNeko
Feb 1, 2016, 02:34 PM
SU is fun for me, but only because I'm playing Su/Gu.

I also enjoy the micromanaging of my pet. Managing Pet Sympathy; its HP, topping off shifta, etc. And when a boss comes, I pop in CT and weeeeeeee.

Tokyo is hilarious with its JPOP music. Very unfitting. The enemies also feel meh except the boss. Dash Panels are fun tho.

Fashion/Este changes are godlike.

Character storage is hella godlike. So is PSO2es storage.

Taiga is rite tho.

Pets feel like weapons and not pets. Other people cant even see what you named your pet like lol.

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2016, 02:47 PM
I forgot to write "needs a PA just to recall the pet" which is kinda stupid IMHO.

Crevox
Feb 1, 2016, 02:50 PM
I forgot to write "needs a PA just to recall the pet" which is kinda stupid IMHO.

Yeah, this is a pain. I wish there was a dedicated button for it, especially when you only get 3 slots for PAs at once without swapping.

It's silly too cause at least for Torim, the recall PA is really bad. Wasting PP on it is even worse.

yoshiblue
Feb 1, 2016, 03:10 PM
I don't find it dumb. Its like Sword and Shield, you do your damage and get out. Its useful to have and would rather not have yet another thing clog up my hotbar. Besides, it not like most people only use one or two PA per weapon anyways.

Ilgrants/megid. Shnkashunka.

Kondibon
Feb 1, 2016, 03:46 PM
Tokyo

JPOP

unfitting.
What? :wacko:

It's silly too cause at least for Torim, the recall PA is really bad. Wasting PP on it is even worse.You know it has a DoT effect and i-frames right?

If you compare to something like Pokemon (which I'm not really familiar with), trainers have more of a bond with their pokemon, right?
They pick certain types because they like them, and customize them with certain abilities and so forth.
I'm just gonna point this out but people who play pokemon competitively focus more on the stats too. Every once in a while you get some weird person who kicks ass with a pokemon that isn't really "meta" but that's like using a low tier fighting character. Don't even get me started on IVs and EVs and breeding.
Having more pets would be nice, and it seems to be something they're planning, but if you think for a second that's going to make people think of their pets as more than tools if they don't already, you're mistaken.

Personally I think how attached you get to something is just a matter of how much you're personally invested in it. Then again I get the same way with weapons I like so eh, maybe my opinion doesn't matter on this.

"This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine." Or something like that.

vbetts
Feb 1, 2016, 03:54 PM
So...Being attacked by a Steamroller, a tank, a helicopter, and a train dragon thing....

Seems pretty fitting I guess.

Crevox
Feb 1, 2016, 03:55 PM
You know it has a DoT effect and i-frames right?

That might help it, if the DoT is actually good damage.

Didn't know about the i-frames, that could be useful, but it's only one of the reasons I would want to recall him.

I appreciate the information.

Kondibon
Feb 1, 2016, 04:04 PM
Didn't know about the i-frames, that could be useful, but it's only one of the reasons I would want to recall him.Well I'm not arguing against having some sort of dedicated recall button, just pointing out that I feel it's worth the PP.

The dot doesn't tic very fast, but it does ok damage, lasts a pretty long time and keeps hitting the same spot even if it's physically impossible to do so normally because the hitbox temporarily disappeared. It also gets buffed by the screach PA.

TaigaUC
Feb 1, 2016, 05:47 PM
Hmm, okay then.
I remember pets in WoW were pretty balanced :/

When I was thinking about all the pets being the same, it reminded me of GGXrd's story mode with the example of the dog.

Kondibon
Feb 1, 2016, 05:54 PM
Hmm, okay then.
I remember pets in WoW were pretty balanced :/I actually think the pets are balanced pretty well in PSO2, the game just continues to suffer from the usual lack of enemy depth that requires more than high damage in most content. I mean, it could be better, but I find myself using pets other than Torim all the time. Maybe it's because I'm bad though.

When I was thinking about all the pets being the same, it reminded me of GGXrd's story mode with the example of the dog.Huh?

Iduno
Feb 1, 2016, 07:23 PM
Urgh I have no understanding of Japanese but went through the story board because my friends told me you get a costume for it. (Turns out I didn't but whatever)

Please tell me I've misunderstood somewhere and that Sega haven't just pulled a Star Ocean 3 on us.

Please.

Vatallus
Feb 1, 2016, 07:24 PM
Someone actually likes summoner? Not a single person on my team likes this class. We're all running VHAQs just to get it over with and to never touch it again.

Ziel
Feb 1, 2016, 08:40 PM
My experience so far:
I just rushed down the driveway full speed and DYNAMIC ENTRY-kicked an attack chopper and a t-rex in the face then proceeded to dodge a nuke from a tank while my friend summoned his space unicorn...

Can we get more over-the-top than this?

Story so far just grasped what i could from the scenes itself since im lacking in moonrunes, the "Log Out" thing got me... "confused" to say the least.

Loving the new accesory options, not going to bother with layered wear, too pricey for poor me.

As for Summoner, since the max lv bonus is defensive and i dislike its gameplay ill pass for now i guess.

Kondibon
Feb 1, 2016, 08:55 PM
Urgh I have no understanding of Japanese but went through the story board because my friends told me you get a costume for it. (Turns out I didn't but whatever)

Please tell me I've misunderstood somewhere and that Sega haven't just pulled a Star Ocean 3 on us.

Please.As far as I can tell, it's the other way around. PSO2 wasn't a game first, some company somehow got their hands on technology that seems to be similar to ARKS teleporter technology and they're using it to monopolize global networking. The "game" seems to actually be people from Earth creating avatars in the PSO2 universe rather than having had the whole world created that way. Based on the scene in game and the time frame, it's possible that at some point in the anime people are going to find a way to actually use the game to transport themselves into the ARKS universe and become the characters so to speak. Someone said that you're supposed to be investigating the sudden surge of unregistered ARKS, You run into that girl's character, and she gets attacked by some sort of remnant of dark falz or the profound darkness, and can't log out until you help her, and she logs out immediately when you do, but apparently whatever happened caused her character to come out with her separately. You end up following her, because "what the fuck?". And that's how we found earth. :U The phantoms are probably some sort of result of the tech that's letting people go back and forth between the universes.
tl;dr: It's more likely an alternate universe or time travel, not Star Ocean 3.

Someone actually likes summoner? Not a single person on my team likes this class. We're all running VHAQs just to get it over with and to never touch it again.Well... I mean... it's not for everyone. I enjoy it, but I'd enjoy it more if batons had actual stats so I could cast techs offensively and use traps. 3:

Rakurai
Feb 1, 2016, 10:30 PM
Summoner felt kind of meh until I started using a Sari.

The other pets feel awkward to use, and are much more prone to dying when they have to be in the boss' face constantly.

Kondibon
Feb 1, 2016, 10:38 PM
Summoner felt kind of meh until I started using a Sari.

The other pets feel awkward to use, and are much more prone to dying when they have to be in the boss' face constantly.If Wonda is dying constantly you need to level it up, it's tanky as hell, and i don't think anything short of the moon falling on it would kill it in oneshot. For Torim you have to get used to hit and run using Torim Shot's i-frames to keep it from getting hit in the first place, though I admit that's a bit harder for some bosses.

NephyrisX
Feb 1, 2016, 10:44 PM
Any beginner tips on how to play as a Summoner?

Also, what do I do with all the eggs I keep getting in EQs?

AkuTenshiiZero
Feb 1, 2016, 11:12 PM
- Pets should have, at the very least, basic customization like characters. Size, proportion, color. A few accessories. Simple stuff.

From a technical standpoint, that would be an awful idea. More customization means more data, more data means more load, and that translates to more lag. The pets are very low poly with mostly texture details, they look awful up close but this makes sense form a design standpoint. They're just a glorified weapon. Though, I admit, the textures could be better, and having a handful of optional textures for each pet would have been nice. Still, just hope for pet camos in the future.

- Pets should be autonomous to some degree. As in, you don't need to keep telling them what to do. And I mean above pets auto spamming regular attacks.

This is probably the biggest turnoff for me. There is no autonomy to the pet, and there is nothing for the player to do. It's like you're a standard ranged attacker, except your gun can draw aggro and break. I would much prefer something that lets you and the pet work as a team, like attacks that involve both the pet and Summoner directly. It reinforces the idea that your pet is just a weapon, rather than making you feel like it's a separate entity helping you.

- Pets should have some sense of survival. Dodge, block, something.

Again, this just kneecaps the ability to view these pets as an entity rather than a dumb weapon.

Shadowcat9
Feb 1, 2016, 11:24 PM
I am using summoner and OMG 2k+ DMG multiplier is high as heck and my pets was a lvl 4 but it gets higher when I lvled them up to 22+ FUCK IM A LOW ASS LVL AND IM OP AS FUCK!!! but I'm not complaining even doe the targeting system with them is a bit odd, I was able to change their names with a hefty 500 messetas (WOH CHEAP FOR THE FIRST TIME :P) now as for the wands you can do a extremely small damage like a 1+ lmao I know they are not intended to use for close combat, I have noticed that your pet can get K.O. and it takes time to recover (better have multiple pets or your fucked) but other than that I like the class. one more thing you are able to use is gunslashers but that's just about it under what I used but gave up using it. best to use MAG to upgrade the tech and PP works pretty well even doe my mag stays hungry since I'm only using pets to kill things like crazy.....please by all means UPGRADE YOUR HP PLEASE YOU WILL DIE IF YOU DONT!!!!

Shadowcat9
Feb 1, 2016, 11:30 PM
From a technical standpoint, that would be an awful idea. More customization means more data, more data means more load, and that translates to more lag. The pets are very low poly with mostly texture details, they look awful up close but this makes sense form a design standpoint. They're just a glorified weapon. Though, I admit, the textures could be better, and having a handful of optional textures for each pet would have been nice. Still, just hope for pet camos in the future.

This is probably the biggest turnoff for me. There is no autonomy to the pet, and there is nothing for the player to do. It's like you're a standard ranged attacker, except your gun can draw aggro and break. I would much prefer something that lets you and the pet work as a team, like attacks that involve both the pet and Summoner directly. It reinforces the idea that your pet is just a weapon, rather than making you feel like it's a separate entity helping you.

Again, this just kneecaps the ability to view these pets as an entity rather than a dumb weapon.

I do agree with you on that note I do wish I could fight other than walk around while my pet do everything. it defeats the purpose to use attacks even doe the FUCKING STICK DO 1+ DMG witch that sucks ass sooo badly, if only we can use a subclass to back it up BUUUUUUT that's a no go :P

Shadowcat9
Feb 1, 2016, 11:31 PM

swing a stick, watch your pet fight, watch your pet get beat the fuck out of, lvl up your pet, Bam your a professional summoner >_>

Kondibon
Feb 1, 2016, 11:52 PM
swing a stick, watch your pet fight, watch your pet get beat the fuck out of, lvl up your pet, Bam your a professional summoner >_>How to get your pets killed and no damage, part 2.

Shadowcat9
Feb 2, 2016, 12:34 AM
How to get your pets killed and no damage, part 2.

lmao it do take damage BUT it don't die....Pet murderer 101 XD
Edit: ok yeah I get what your saying now....all you have to do is.....RUN LIKE HELL D:

TaigaUC
Feb 2, 2016, 01:19 AM
From a technical standpoint, that would be an awful idea.

Surely we're at a point where a few minor customizations for player pets would not break the game?
Well, it's SEGA so it might. They had to remove chairs from the lobby, after all.

I don't think it's going to be more lag in terms of network data.
Send a packet telling the client that a player has a certain pet with certain visuals. Done. Only needs to be done once a quest.
In terms of PC processing power... PSO2 is already scaled down so much compared to other games. I'm sure it could handle a few more accessories.
Proportion is a matter of blending vert locations. Color is a matter of having a texture that supports color customization, usually defined by R, G and B channels.

There is no autonomy to the pet
I got grabbed by a Gwanada yesterday, and my pet was like "HURRRRRRRR!!!!!!!" spamming regular attacks on whatever like a genius.

Kneecaps, entity. Good selection of words that I wish I used.

Su/Fi, max S-ATK and get S-ATK switch and all the +damage and damage multiplier abilities.
Make Torimu with focus on S-ATK and then spam Torimu Stab all the time. Win!
Probably. Something like that.

Sell the eggs for a fortune if they have super personalities.

Huh?

Yeah, but in WoW you can tame pretty much any creature. That's a lot more variation than 3 pets.
Though to be fair, if I recall correctly, a lot of them share the same few abilities. Still more fun, though.

The dog thing was about how each living creature is unique and can't be easily replaced.
The PSO2 pets don't feel like that at all.

Someone actually likes summoner? Not a single person on my team likes this class. We're all running VHAQs just to get it over with and to never touch it again.

Got some JP friends who find it interesting/fun. More than they expected, anyway.
I don't hate it, but I don't like it. If anything, I like it in terms of my character + "animal".
Also have JP friends who complained they should have used Mags instead, and that Summoner pets are essentially weapons.

Vatallus
Feb 2, 2016, 05:39 AM
Got some JP friends who find it interesting/fun. More than they expected, anyway.
I don't hate it, but I don't like it. If anything, I like it in terms of my character + "animal".
Also have JP friends who complained they should have used Mags instead, and that Summoner pets are essentially weapons.

Well, at least someone does. I find it pretty boring. I guess I just don't like the idea of literally standing there watching our pets fly around nuking everything. Even Sally who is suppose to be the weakest damage dealer of the pets drops 20k+ payloads on enemies with Sally Plode. I can't really get use to the terrible homing of Sally Chaser though. It's like a even worse Il Megid. Then we have Sally Territory that is literally keep holding the PA button and after 5 seconds it starts hitting like a truck. Good for bosses that barely move.

Granted I guess it really isn't any different from us just spamming PAs. Instead now its us waving around sticks while we spam pet attacks and watch the world burn during PSEs. 14 levels to go before I don't have to touch it anymore. Too bad while I'm at work the next 2 days everyone in my team that is leveling it currently will probably cap it. lol

That said our pets aren't even optimized. Pets are more than capable of being walking masses of destruction but I don't know anyone that really wants to put the effort into it. Looking at some of the 13* candy etc. Summoner/Braver seems to be a very reliable class setup.. and getting 13* pets and actually maxing their element. I'd love to see what their true damage potential is but it won't be me that does it.

TaigaUC
Feb 2, 2016, 06:06 AM
Sari feels the least like I'm actually hitting anything. I like the effect of the purple sphere when it "powers up" and solidifies, but that's about it.
I like the mechanics of setting up for the 5 second Torimu Spiral charge for 999999 damage.
But it's not great, because the pet won't face the target when it spawns, and often misses.
Or gets killed during the charge.

Vatallus
Feb 2, 2016, 06:20 AM
Most of my teammates are either using Torimu or the dog. Torimu is extremely strong from what I've seen at higher levels. It's single target abilities will often kill a group before my Sally can. I just use the Sally because she(he?) is a 12*.

Also I hate birds. xD

Game keeps giving me 10*+ Sally but only 7/8* of the others.

Also if your pet is getting bodied there is a 3* candy that gives 100 s-def. We used them as there really is no way atm to fill your box full of only high end stuff due to the limits. You can only fit 2 13* candies. A few 11/12*s. etc Unsure about your ship but on ship 9 the price of that 3* candy was 200k, now 100k. Might be less soon as everyone starts selling it.

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2016, 06:28 AM
Yeah, but in WoW you can tame pretty much any creature. That's a lot more variation than 3 pets.
Though to be fair, if I recall correctly, a lot of them share the same few abilities. Still more fun, though.Personally I've just never been a fan of taming mobs as pets unless the whole thing was designed like that from the start, with a variety of interesting pets that were built specifically for player use. Think Pokemon or Megaten. A lot of PSO2 mobs wouldn't actually look or function in a way I think would make for an interesting pet system.

I'd be fine with the mag idea, but when you think about it, it's kinda obvious why they did it this way. Imagine if you had to pay real money to get more than one pet. :wacko:

The dog thing was about how each living creature is unique and can't be easily replaced.
The PSO2 pets don't feel like that at all.
To be fair, Pokemon are the same way, which is why I brought it up. Though I guess it's easier to replace a PSO2 pet than to level up a pokemon with good IVs and EVs. People don't just get attatched to pokemon for sentemental reasons, but sometimes just because they put so much time into getting the perfect stats and/or a shiney, when they finally get what they want it's like a trophy.
buttsrsly
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/7RUB3TM.jpg[/spoiler-box]