PDA

View Full Version : This game destroyed my GPU

Angelo
Jan 29, 2016, 09:15 AM
Probably my fault, it just fuckin' sucks.

I kept trying to run the game when the patches were 'unstable' out of stubbornness, it kept crashing my computer and I just got adamant and kept rebooting and running the game ad nauseam. (I'm a very stubborn person).

Now my computer crashes even when attempting to display anything polygonal. Tried updating the drivers. Nah, it's definitely a physical hardware issue. It's done.

I guess it was time to build another PC anyhow...or... I'm thinking of getting one of those console-y PCs made specifically for gaming. I'm not really a PC gamer, or even a hardcore gamer, so it seems like the right direction.

Nitro Vordex
Jan 31, 2016, 12:18 PM
Sounds like it was just dying.

Outrider
Feb 1, 2016, 11:59 AM
In my younger days I would've suggested that you just buy a console because it lets you play games without dealing with constant updates & patches and weird system hiccups.

But these days barely a week goes by where one of my games and/or systems gets partially borked due to a patch so I think my only real advice is to move to analog gaming. Y'know: board games, sudoku puzzles, etc.

My favorite recent bug is the patch for Halo 5 that made the "Mute All" function stop working after a few multiplayer games. It's so bad that I haven't played Halo 5 in weeks.

Listen, if I wanted to hear a bunch of whiny teenagers complain about things non-stop, I would turn on text-to-speech and read the PSOW forums.

Crazyleo
Feb 1, 2016, 12:58 PM
In my younger days I would've suggested that you just buy a console because it lets you play games without dealing with constant updates & patches and weird system hiccups.

But these days barely a week goes by where one of my games and/or systems gets partially borked due to a patch so I think my only real advice is to move to analog gaming. Y'know: board games, sudoku puzzles, etc.

My favorite recent bug is the patch for Halo 5 that made the "Mute All" function stop working after a few multiplayer games. It's so bad that I haven't played Halo 5 in weeks.

Listen, if I wanted to hear a bunch of whiny teenagers complain about things non-stop, I would turn on text-to-speech and read the PSOW forums.

Damn. Wish the staff implement a like button for these posts

RageousGray
Feb 23, 2016, 05:50 PM
better clean the toaster man... you might need to scrub all those left over bread crumbs you know.
It's dangerous to leave them alone nowadays, they might turn into some kinda bread crumb monster