PDA

View Full Version : New Hunter Skill

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 29, 2016, 01:57 PM
What does it actually do? ^^ There's not much info out there on the new skills for the old classes.

Weiss9029
Jan 29, 2016, 02:20 PM
What does it actually do? ^^ There's not much info out there on the new skills for the old classes.
You get block frames on HUNTER weapon charge attacks, such as rising edge for sword

Superia
Jan 29, 2016, 04:14 PM
You get block frames on HUNTER weapon charge attacks, such as rising edge for sword

While actually executing the move (a la Aerial Shooting) or right when you activate the skill (e.g. Heartless Impact)? Or maybe when charging?

vantpers
Jan 29, 2016, 04:20 PM
Based on the skill level it puts parry frames that last from the beginning of the charge animation up until you either let go of charge or the amount of time in the skill description passes. At level 5 the parry frames last 0.7 sec and cover entire charge time of any PA at gear 3. When successfully parrying something you don't get iframes, it's more like Twin Daggers' spin. You are put into hit stun similar to Twin Dagger or Wind Parrying too. It also works with Guard PP Gain and Healing Guard skills, applying the HP and PP for every hit you parry.

Your PP bar can get pretty full if you use it while standing in something like Quartz's rain.

Korima
Jan 29, 2016, 05:30 PM
Sorry to be a intruder in this thread but I have a similar question, what thing the new Ranger skill does?

Mac2492
Jan 29, 2016, 06:01 PM
Sorry to be a intruder in this thread but I have a similar question, what thing the new Ranger skill does?

Dive Roll Shoot will not apply any special bullet you have activated. This lets you roll around and shoot to regen PP without consuming Weak Bullet, for example.

Squal_FFVIII
Jan 29, 2016, 06:22 PM
Based on the skill level it puts parry frames that last from the beginning of the charge animation up until you either let go of charge or the amount of time in the skill description passes. At level 5 the parry frames last 0.7 sec and cover entire charge time of any PA at gear 3. When successfully parrying something you don't get iframes, it's more like Twin Daggers' spin. You are put into hit stun similar to Twin Dagger or Wind Parrying too. It also works with Guard PP Gain and Healing Guard skills, applying the HP and PP for every hit you parry.

Your PP bar can get pretty full if you use it while standing in something like Quartz's rain.

So how do I parry? Or does it just do it automatically while charging my PA's?

Or is it like some Third Strike shit where I have to press something at the right time to get the parry?

Superia
Jan 29, 2016, 07:13 PM
So how do I parry? Or does it just do it automatically while charging my PA's?

Or is it like some Third Strike shit where I have to press something at the right time to get the parry?

It is like guarding. You can begin charging a PA at the right time to essentially guard all around you.

NoobSpectre
Jan 29, 2016, 07:50 PM

Er... wait, at max gear the whole charging duration of a pa? or is it 0.7s JG then the rest is reduced damage?

vantpers
Jan 30, 2016, 02:43 PM
The skill doesn't give you JG effect it's more like Twin Dagger parry frames. The parry frames are passive kind of deal. When you get hit mid charge during them you automatically take no damage and recover PP/HP with proper skills and also get hitstop. Actually I used gear 3 while thinking of sword, where the longest charge time then is 2/3rd of a second, but I don't remember Partizan having any charge longer than 0.5s.

HolyKronos
Jan 30, 2016, 06:22 PM
^^OMG Great *-*