PDA

View Full Version : The story is still in japanese.

SasoriHanamura
Jan 31, 2016, 06:46 PM
So I'm not sure if there was an announcement I missed But the tweaker says the story patch is compatible (for srs this time).

I updated all the patch's. The item patch, the english patch (and large files).

I updated the story patch twice, however. Just to be sure.

But when starting the game, and creating a new character- (because I'm eager to try out this summoner class) the subtitles, and all else is in japanese. Is there a reason for this? Some announcement I missed? Please, and thank you.

Anduril
Jan 31, 2016, 06:48 PM
Compatible just means it won't cause issues like blackscreens or crashes.
It will most likely be some time until the new story stuff is translated.

Sizustar
Jan 31, 2016, 06:48 PM
Which episode are you doing?

SasoriHanamura
Jan 31, 2016, 08:19 PM
I started a new character, to try out the summoner class. But, aye. I agree with what you said. I guess I'll just wait for stuff to be translated. Thank you.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 1, 2016, 03:13 AM
I started a new character, to try out the summoner class. But, aye. I agree with what you said. I guess I'll just wait for stuff to be translated. Thank you.

It can take some time. Play ep1-3 meanwhile, why don't ya?

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 1, 2016, 06:41 AM

You could be waiting forever, SEGA updates are faster than translators. Gameplay stuff should be released in the next few weeks/months though if you only care about that

dot_Hacker
Feb 1, 2016, 10:21 PM
You could be waiting forever, SEGA updates are faster than translators.

Correction

SEGA updates are faster than volunteer, unpaid, fan translators.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 1, 2016, 11:47 PM
Correction

So Sega should pay them - quite a simple solution. I wonder how come that I'm the first one to suggest.

dot_Hacker
Feb 1, 2016, 11:58 PM
So Sega should pay them - quite a simple solution. I wonder how come that I'm the first one to suggest.

Wake me when we get a NA release of PSO2... i lost count of the years.
I work for mesetas!

Kondibon
Feb 2, 2016, 12:03 AM
So Sega should pay them - quite a simple solution. I wonder how come that I'm the first one to suggest.At one point SoA was hiring for a localization team for something people suspected to be PSO2, some of the english patch team actually applied, I have no idea what came of that, but I don't think it ended up being PSO2 related anyway.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 2, 2016, 10:05 AM
Wake me when we get a NA release of PSO2... i lost count of the years.
I work for mesetas!

I can give you some mesetas.

At one point SoA was hiring for a localization team for something people suspected to be PSO2, some of the english patch team actually applied, I have no idea what came of that, but I don't think it ended up being PSO2 related anyway.

Sounds like a cool story

Kion
Feb 3, 2016, 04:35 AM

Motivation is a huge factor. If the story were any good then I would probably still be supporting it. I still haven't recovered from the brain aneurysm that i suffered translated the last chapter of episode I. And I get night terrors of how horrible it'd be to translate the waifu/shota/zombie mess that the game has mutilated into. Even if paid I don't think that translating PSO2 should be considered even remotely humane or acceptable at this point.

wefwq
Feb 3, 2016, 04:37 AM
They can't go wrong with those schoolgirl and desu zombie thing.