PDA

View Full Version : Cirno lives(?)

Nanaha
Jan 31, 2016, 08:26 PM
http://puu.sh/mRglz/85a3708818.png

Is it just me, or did this little scroll bar just appear?
Have my efforts to create a wiki roused Cirno from hibernation?

arkeido
Jan 31, 2016, 08:42 PM
The guy still doing well looking at FateGO wiki (unless it's run by other person)

http://fate-go.cirnopedia.info/

Nanaha
Jan 31, 2016, 08:56 PM
Time will tell...

Probably.

Flaoc
Jan 31, 2016, 10:00 PM
even if he updates once its gonna be another 6 months before he updates again anyway :wacko:

Nanaha
Jan 31, 2016, 10:53 PM
Yeah. Keep at your own wiki. It's been.. two or three times already that he's only updated every 6 months. I mean, I love what he's done and all, and it's not the easiest thing to maintain, but he's not made himself seem very reliable.

I'm on my last coffee monomate. The situation is starting to look dire.

pkemr4
Jan 31, 2016, 11:29 PM
just focus on your own wiki

Sirius-91
Jan 31, 2016, 11:35 PM
I'm on my last coffee monomate. The situation is starting to look dire.

Cirno will update his wiki, then hibernate for months end, he'll never catch up.

CocoCrispy
Feb 1, 2016, 12:57 AM
Don't be discouraged. Wikis come and go, and sometimes the creators get busy irl or join a new fandom that keeps them from updating for periods of time. It's not the end of the world.

Now if you're making a wiki just to be the new hot stuff, there might be problems later down the road when you also go into hibernation. It might be wise to start up a team of reliable coders/information seekers to constantly do small updates now and then to help out and keep the place busy.

All wikis bring something unique to the table which attracts new fans. It's interesting that you've decided to give every weapon its own page, which makes me think nanapedia is more like an english swiki than a cirno. Focus on finishing your wiki and look at the big picture. Don't think about cirno.

Flaoc
Feb 1, 2016, 12:58 AM
Cirno will update his wiki, then hibernate for months end, he'll never catch up.

5char

Azure Falcon
Feb 1, 2016, 05:35 AM
I wouldn't get discouraged, the big advantage your wiki will have once done is that it'll be easy to update. As long as other trusted people can add information it will (hopefully) be on par with the swiki in terms of how quickly new weapons and such are added. As good as Cirnopedia has been, months between updates really doesn't cut it any more considering just how often we're getting new endgame equipment.

GHNeko
Feb 1, 2016, 02:37 PM
Nanapedia is dope.

Good supplemental site to tinyurl.com/pso2db

Nitro Vordex
Feb 1, 2016, 02:41 PM
all he does is fap to nepnep garbage anyway

good riddance

FANSean
Feb 1, 2016, 02:54 PM
neps are legit, fight me

But yeah, keep doing what you're doing, Nobody seems to expect cirnopedia to have regular content updates anytime soon

even in the worst case I'd rather there be two or more sources so people can choose themselves which they'd want more

Konquer
Feb 1, 2016, 09:22 PM
please english wiki no need translato :v

wefwq
Feb 1, 2016, 10:13 PM
What happened to the "wiki" that can be edited by community/contributor anyway?

Nitro Vordex
Feb 1, 2016, 10:18 PM
Maybe he'll start losing the ad revenue when people go to yours, and actually start updating. :wacko:

Blue Froman
Feb 2, 2016, 05:43 AM
What happened to the "wiki" that can be edited by community/contributor anyway?

It's really irritating that you can't edit anything, or there isn't more of a team that could be trusted with editing. Would be much faster, and perhaps provide more unique content.

Also, why did PSO-World never attempt to have a section with PSO2 info besides its forums I wonder?

Vatallus
Feb 2, 2016, 05:53 AM
Just keep going with Nanapedia. It will be a much valued addition to the english database if you get a trusted team around and can make it as reliable as S wiki. And with proper navigation setups you could make it even better than that.

Cirnopoly
Feb 2, 2016, 07:18 AM
all he does is fap to nepnep garbage anyway

good riddance
What the nep did you just nepping say about me, you dogoo? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Lastation's Training Institute, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on the Arfoire Movement and the Seven Sages, and I have over 9 confirmed kills. I mastered Nepology and I’m the top Nepper in the entire Gamindustry. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the nep out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on Planeptune, mark my nepping words. You think you can get away with saying that poop to me over the Internet? Think again, Pirachu. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of neppers across Leanbox and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, hotdog. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your "raifu". You’re nepping derped, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can nep you in over nine ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only have I mastered the use of Neptune Break with the Mecha-Nep Blade, but I have access to the entire arsenal of Lowee's Defense Force and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable shares off the face of Planeptune, you little glitch. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your nepping tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you special snowflake. I will dump my whole EXE Drive on you and you will drown in it. You’re nepping dead, chocoboo.

Asuka~
Feb 2, 2016, 08:05 AM
Thanks Cirno.

Ryziou
Feb 2, 2016, 09:33 AM
I will dump my whole EXE Drive on you and you will drown in it.

Oh my :^ )

FANSean
Feb 2, 2016, 09:59 AM
important question cirno: which nep is best nep?

Rupikachu
Feb 2, 2016, 10:03 AM

Let's be honest Lady Noire >>>> Nep. She's just a moron.

Cirnopoly
Feb 2, 2016, 12:25 PM
Uhhh.... All Neps are the best, especially Nep. Except for the PSO2 Nep collab, that was the worst Nep.

Let's be honest Noire >>>> Nep. She's just a moron.
Don't think! FEEL. Literally.

[SPOILER-BOX]And then the topic was derailed to Neps. My mission here is complete.[/SPOILER-BOX]

Back to the topic:

Have my efforts to create a wiki roused Cirno from hibernation?
Nah, I was busy with FGO site learning how to make things a bit more properly. I came back to test out everything I learned. PSO2 Cirnopedia is really old and clunky because I only knew basic HTML back then, so changes need to be made to make it easier to use. Theoretically, once this is all done, it should be as easy as editing a spreadsheet, so when someone mails me that "they want to help cirnopedia but can't translate or code html/php" I could throw them something.

Just do your thing. If you really like what you are doing, then you'll do just fine. I hope you find people who won't go AWOL on you, because that's my biggest problem most of the time.

yoshiblue
Feb 2, 2016, 12:30 PM
Should send in Locke. :wacko:

untrustful
Feb 2, 2016, 12:34 PM
It's really irritating that you can't edit anything, or there isn't more of a team that could be trusted with editing. Would be much faster, and perhaps provide more unique content.

Also, why did PSO-World never attempt to have a section with PSO2 info besides its forums I wonder?

They probably used to have a guy for that but has since gone afk since the last phantasy star game.

Chris_Chocobo
Feb 2, 2016, 11:31 PM
You’re nepping dead, chocoboo.

Hey, what the fuck?! O.o

steverowland
Feb 3, 2016, 03:11 AM
Well I wonder why instead of letting the project die he didn't just open it like a wiki for everyone (or at least verified people) to edit with comments where people can discuss the edits like on other wikis, the pso2 wiki works like that and I imagine this would mostly just be people finding stuff on jpwiki and translating it to this one. I mean the item names wouldn't even have to be translated at first (as that's the most subjective thing with all the katakana madness in pso) and only translate the stats and descriptions and stuff like I did for the new weapons in ep4 and posted on this forum ( http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231969 ) because i didn't know where else I would put it. I found all these in comments on jpwiki (as they didn't have the weapons added yet) and since I already search for it, the extra 5 minutes to put it into English and post it somewhere didn't hurt, if there was a wiki I would just edit that and I imagine most people would so it would be constantly up to date.

Sure people can always start a new wiki (like someone above mentioned he is trying) but cirnopedia already was very popular so it would be easy to find contributors for it as well as direct people there when they need to find something. I mean it was actually the first place I went to try to add the new weapons but found that I can't edit it.

Its always better to have info website open to public edits as one person can just take a break from the game or quit or just not have time to add stuff, when its public there will always be the current generation of players playing it~

just me .50

Cirnopoly
Feb 3, 2016, 03:51 AM
Well I wonder why instead of letting the project die he didn't just open it like a wiki
Let me highlight that for you.

wiki
Because it's not a wiki? Let's put it this way; I made a car from scratch, and your asking me why I didn't make it into a bus so the whole class can ride on it instead. It just doesn't work that way. Unless you want me to destroy the car and make a bus from scratch again.

It may function the same way as a wiki from a reader's point of view, but it functions a lot differently from a writers point of view.

Also, last time I asked around here for contributors, a lot of people sent me an email (around 20?), but a majority of the ones who passed never replied back. Not even a "I'm sorry, I forgot I will be busy" or "Oops! I take back my application", just nothing. ZERO REPLIES.

Also, this is why I'm reworking the site right now. It's still not a wiki, but contributors should have an easier time editing the site once I'm done. (So they can stop pretending to be MIA)

Dephinix
Feb 3, 2016, 04:03 AM
If I get back into PSO2 like I used to be, this would be a great feature, and good luck on the revisions!

steverowland
Feb 3, 2016, 04:27 AM
Let me highlight that for you.

Because it's not a wiki? Let's put it this way; I made a car from scratch, and your asking me why I didn't make it into a bus so the whole class can ride on it instead. It just doesn't work that way. Unless you want me to destroy the car and make a bus from scratch again.

It may function the same way as a wiki from a reader's point of view, but it functions a lot differently from a writers point of view.

Also, last time I asked around here for contributors, a lot of people sent me an email (around 20?), but a majority of the ones who passed never replied back. Not even a "I'm sorry, I forgot I will be busy" or "Oops! I take back my application", just nothing. ZERO REPLIES.

Also, this is why I'm reworking the site right now. It's still not a wiki, but contributors should have an easier time editing the site once I'm done. (So they can stop pretending to be MIA)

Ah I guess if the system couldn't support something like that its understandable, didn't want to sound rude or anything. I was just thinking that its easier to get 100 random people help you fasten a screw here and there rather than few people to build the whole roof~ (sry im not a car mechanic...).

Ofc its up to you how open you want it to be since its your project.

Vatallus
Feb 3, 2016, 06:52 AM
Just saying even S wiki doesn't allow just anybody to make changes. You also generally need proof of your claims when you go to tell them where things drop or what they are. If you say X boss drops Y weapon you will need screenshot or video proof that X boss literally does drop Y weapon. Unless Sega just hands over the list which sometimes they do.

I don't know any wiki (personal/game level) that lets just anyone make a change or if they do they usually have a constant staff of people checking the changes and making sure they aren't just trolls.

That said if I ever tried to contribute to anything I'd literally just pull everything from S wiki. They usually get things together within the first day or 2.