PDA

View Full Version : What is a good sub for summoner?

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2016, 07:56 PM
I made a new character and I reached level 42 so far as a summoner....blazing through the content and found out how ridiculously easy summoner feels...

However, I am clueless to a good sub for it.

Any ideas?

Level 42 and without a subclass and I cleared Nab 1 VH in 10 minutes without even having to blink......

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2016, 08:01 PM
Br, Gu, and maybe Fi

Br gets you average and weak stance, and attack advanced.
Gu gets you Perfect keper, attack pp restorate, and chain.
Fi has Brave and Wise stance, but I'm not really sure how its other skills interact with pets.

[Ayumi]
Feb 3, 2016, 08:03 PM
On my Tech-based character I use Su/Fo (while I level up Fi with orders as she has no other way to level it)
On my main I use Fi.

sparab
Feb 3, 2016, 08:24 PM
Hunter. Combine your invincible guard stance/flash guard/automate/massive hu/iron will with god sent HP listlate, deermaster and all defense up. No more fear to answer that annoying phone call during heat of a fight, you just cannot die!

Highly recommend for advanced leecherplayer

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2016, 08:25 PM
How does perfect keeper work on pets? Does the effect wear off on player health, pet health... or both?

wefwq
Feb 3, 2016, 08:33 PM
People said to use either Br, Gu or Fi.
I'm using Fi as subclass myself.

The damage output felt pretty inconsistent and i'm not really sure what happened, but probably caused by how brave stance works.
Also things to keep in mind that certain goodies only works for main class, you might want to be careful before spending your SP.

Summoner are indeed strong for early game, but i'm not sure how it'll turned out on end-game.
On VH, blasting every single enemies without breaking sweat but that's probably because of early high-rarity pets(?).

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2016, 08:47 PM
yes.... I had 12* pets gathered on the first day I played through the content. :) I just need to find the 13* pets :)

TaigaUC
Feb 3, 2016, 09:01 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231967

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2016, 09:41 PM
Your guide is just a guide. I was asking on Subclasses because I am being shown in-game how a Summoner/Force is hitting for 400K with my own eyes. In fact....

...your guide says "pick a subclass" with opinions on them.

I am more curious to the experience people have had with the subclasses and wondering which way I should go, which is why I started this thread to begin with.

One Question....many answers...

Charmeleon
Feb 3, 2016, 10:07 PM
BR is my current sub of choice mainly for Guren dashing with a multiclass katana. Not the best reason to sub BR, but with how little most subclasses offer to Summoner, it's something at least.

Ezodagrom
Feb 3, 2016, 10:07 PM
On VH, blasting every single enemies without breaking sweat but that's probably because of early high-rarity pets(?).
Enemies are far too fragile on any difficulty below XH (at least when it comes to arks quests and free fields).

[Ayumi]
Feb 3, 2016, 10:08 PM
Your guide is just a guide. I was asking on Subclasses because I am being shown in-game how a Summoner/Force is hitting for 400K with my own eyes. In fact....

...your guide says "pick a subclass" with opinions on them.

I am more curious to the experience people have had with the subclasses and wondering which way I should go, which is why I started this thread to begin with.

One Question....many answers...

I can see Su/Fo doing quite a bit with of course certain element trees with of course 200 Tech mags.
I've done around 280k on my Level 60 Su/Fo that has a Fo tree set up for it and she also has a 200 Tech mag while she has no other mag so she does poorly as a Su/Fi

While my main 75/75 Su/Fi with a max level Pet and a lot of stats capped doing around 360k without a decent tree.

So I'm not sure.

NoobSpectre
Feb 3, 2016, 10:15 PM
Actually, I do think Su will become a statwise subs.

Killing all aspects of pet skills, should have enough for all stat up skill and massive automate. and that 200 def kinda meant something.

As final.... the one that post a 75hu/51su puts it, its tough thing to crack, and... not so dmgless.

I would like to see someone going in that 10 stage extreme using su as sub though.

jooozek
Feb 3, 2016, 10:30 PM
;3328170']I can see Su/Fo doing quite a bit with of course certain element trees with of course 200 Tech mags.
I've done around 280k on my Level 60 Su/Fo that has a Fo tree set up for it and she also has a 200 Tech mag while she has no other mag so she does poorly as a Su/Fi

While my main 75/75 Su/Fi with a max level Pet and a lot of stats capped doing around 360k without a decent tree.

So I'm not sure.

what do you mean by "certain element trees"? even if the elemental masteries work, they would only affect the added elemental attribute portion calculated strictly from pet's base atk, so if a 13* pet caps out at let's say, 1600 atk, you'd get additional 900 elemental atk on it and the 40% from two maxed masteries would affect only that 900 elemental atk, that's poop :wacko:

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2016, 10:33 PM
Ok, I will be going with two subclasses....

Initially I will work on Braver and Force.
However, I am going to work on pure T-ATK and use the skill to switch between Attack-Types.

I am doing braver first to be on the safe side.

The reason I am not doing Fighter is because Fighter/Techer is my main and I want to do something new for me. On Keilyn I have Fighter, Techer, and Bouncer at 75, Force at 70. I want to use my other characters (I have five characters) to actually level the classes to have them at 75/75 and ready to go.

Thank you for the answers...

Keep on posting more because I like the discussion between actual subclasses on summoner apart from the old thread of "what do you think of summoner" type thing.

Consider this + the guide and experimentation my L2P experience with Summoner.

NightfallG
Feb 3, 2016, 10:46 PM
Personally, I'd play it straight and go with TE so you have decent support while your pet wrecks things.

Keilyn
Feb 3, 2016, 11:29 PM
Is TE good on this?

I have the Armor that drops from Tagami..was lucky to get a set as a drop. I ran Nab II VH. All I did was raise up a 12* 10% light Trim. Just started on braver subclass and got it to 25. Cleared that thing in 5 - 6 minutes. Summoner is insane as a class if one simply gets a 12* or 13* egg to start.......and im only level 47...

Z-0
Feb 3, 2016, 11:32 PM
It's mostly just between SuBr (damage from Attack Advance / Stances) and SuTe (EWH / Extra PP / Territory Burst).

No reason to SuFo, by the way.

NightfallG
Feb 4, 2016, 01:06 AM
Do stances really have an effect on pet damage? I was under the impression the pet was technically a separate entity than your character for buff/debuff and damage calculation purposes.

Dephinix
Feb 4, 2016, 01:16 AM
Brave and Wise definitely affect pet damage.

Keilyn
Feb 4, 2016, 01:55 AM
Stances affect pet damage. Weak Stance helps out a lot....

16 hours so far as a Summoner on the new characater. Have met some ok people in-game....but my god!!! nearly level 49. :) ....and I think 1 - 2 hours was in watching cut-scenes. Though my favorite so far in the new class was going from level 30 to 40 (and dealing wtih EXP FULL) in 38 minutes.

Rakurai
Feb 4, 2016, 04:17 AM
If you're going to be using a Sari, Fighter works well, as the enemies will pretty much always be facing you for Brave Stance due to it staying near you instead of by the enemies.

Arzon
Feb 4, 2016, 05:26 AM
Hunter. Combine your invincible guard stance/flash guard/automate/massive hu/iron will with god sent HP listlate, deermaster and all defense up. No more fear to answer that annoying phone call during heat of a fight, you just cannot die!

Highly recommend for advanced leecherplayer

If i'm not wrong, the pet don't take advantage of player HP, at all.

Ezodagrom
Feb 4, 2016, 05:46 AM
Do stances really have an effect on pet damage? I was under the impression the pet was technically a separate entity than your character for buff/debuff and damage calculation purposes.
IIRC, the only stance that doesn't affect pets is fury stance. It only boosts striking and shooting type damage while pets do neither.

TaigaUC
Feb 4, 2016, 06:51 AM
Your guide is just a guide.

I linked it because you said you were clueless so it sounded like you needed a place to start and there's a high possibility you didn't notice the guide because a lot of people don't know there's a guides section.

Anyway, I didn't know that was what you wanted, so never mind.
If you're wondering about my personal opinion, I've only really tried Fi Brave Stance and Br Average Stance subs so far. They both seemed fine.
With Fi/Br sub, my rarity 9 Torimu Stab hits for about 14-18k on stuff like Goldradas. If I have buffs and hit weak point, I think it hits for about 50k.

I tried Te sub briefly, but not long enough to form an opinion.
As Z-0 said, as far as I know there's no reason to go Fo sub. You should be able to pull huge numbers on Summoner regardless of sub, and depending on the situation.
I've hit 500k to 999k+ with Torimu Spiral a bunch of times, but I'm sure that's nothing special.

Arzon
Feb 4, 2016, 07:01 AM
With Fi/Br sub, my rarity 9 Torimu Stab hits for about 14-18k on stuff like Goldradas. If I have buffs and hit weak point, I think it hits for about 50k.

I did 69k too with stabs and 50 element (no parfait), Braver Sub.

Lostbob117
Feb 4, 2016, 09:15 AM
IIRC, the only stance that doesn't affect pets is fury stance. It only boosts striking and shooting type damage while pets do neither.

Even if it did, you should never sub HU with SU. Simply because HU's skills rely a lot on JAs.

Dammy
Feb 5, 2016, 01:39 AM
depends on pet i think
i play with /TE on Sari , like it a lot
teammate plays /FI with Wanda and has great results
not sure about Torim tho , /BR i guess ?

Cure Shock
Mar 31, 2016, 10:11 AM
Has someone already tested the dmg of a Su/Bo? And especially if fields, Shifta Bost and Deband PP Restore work with pets?

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2016, 10:20 AM
Has someone already tested the dmg of a Su/Bo? And especially if fields, Shifta Bost and Deband PP Restore work with pets?Shifta air supposedly works, I have no idea what else does though. They get the effect from fields, but I don't know if it actually does anything.

Su/Bo is only any good in stuff like TD though.

Cure Shock
Mar 31, 2016, 10:33 AM
Shifta air supposedly works, I have no idea what else does though. They get the effect from fields, but I don't know if it actually does anything.

Su/Bo is only any good in stuff like TD though.

Okay thanks. Because I saw lots of people with /Te or /Br sub and okay, Br maybe is the best solution for now on but I don't see so many differences between Elemental/Break Stance and Average/Weak Stance or EWH in terms of dmg multipliers.

Kondibon
Mar 31, 2016, 01:22 PM
Okay thanks. Because I saw lots of people with /Te or /Br sub and okay, Br maybe is the best solution for now on but I don't see so many differences between Elemental/Break Stance and Average/Weak Stance or EWH in terms of dmg multipliers.Su/Te is pretty bad to be honest...

As for why Br works better, it's because Bo stances less convenient. Break stance doesn't always apply when you'd actually want a high damage multiplier, and element stance requires rainbow pets which isn't as feasible as rainbow weapons due to the pet limit. I guess you could just do rainbow Torim and Maron, but you'd still have to get candies and high rarity eggs for all of them.

The reason Bo works so well in TD is because Br and Fi stances, or chain are less convenient for huge swarms of mobs, and pretty much everything in TD is light anyway. For general gameplay though Bo is a pain to set up.