PDA

View Full Version : Items Elemental Question :X

Arzon
Feb 3, 2016, 11:43 PM
Guys ive a noob question to do (as alwys :3): can you tell me the elemental weaknessess?
Like light <> dark..

I have this doubt that tells me that fire isnt the wind weakness lol, but i never asked this or get interested in it so... Kinda nob with this xD

Kondibon
Feb 3, 2016, 11:49 PM
Elements aren't automatically strong or weak against eachother. If it says an enemy is weak to wind then it's weak to wind. There are rare cases where an enemy has a slight weakness to an element that isn't indicated, but that's not as common.

Sp-24
Feb 3, 2016, 11:51 PM
There aren't any elemental chains in this game. When an enemy is weak to a certain element, that weakness is listed under its name. If you attack it with that element, you deal extra damage. If you attack it with any other element, you just deal normal damage.

There aren't any elemental resistances in the game outside of Extreme Quest and Anga's shield.

Kondibon
Feb 4, 2016, 12:09 AM
There aren't any notable elemental resistances in the game outside of Extreme Quest and Anga's shield.
ftfy.

Anduril
Feb 4, 2016, 12:10 AM
Also to note, infection cores (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%96%E3%83%BC%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%E3% 82%A8%E3%83%8D%E3%83%9F%E3%83%BC) are weak to all elements, but the UI only displays fire, ice, and lightning.

dekopong
Feb 4, 2016, 12:41 AM
In general, you don't have to think about elemental weakness unless you have particular skills( Element Weak Hit, Elemental Stance, etc.).
You get bonus from elements even if the enemy isn't weak against the element.
With element weakness, the element part* gets 120% bonus in general.

*Techniques deal pure elemental damage, but weapons deal plain damage + elemental damage.
e.g. A weapon with 1000 atk and 30% element deals 1000 plain damage + 300( 100%) elemental damage.
Hitting an enemy weak to the element the weapon has, it deals 1000 plain damage + 360 elemental damage.

For trivia, some enemies have elemental resistance. As far as I know, Falz Arm( 70% cut for non core parts), Falz Hunar( extremely high resistance for the sword).

Edit: Searched around a bit and found Vol Dragon ( 20% cut against fire), Dark Falz Elder( 70% cut for fire, ice, and dark. 90% cut for wind). Didn't know Elder had such a high resistance!

Edit2: Fixed some confusing wordings.

GoldenFalcon
Feb 4, 2016, 03:52 AM
There aren't any elemental resistances in the game outside of Extreme Quest and Anga's shield.

The lightning fishies on Worpal are heavily resistant to lightning, and Dark Falz Elder is heavily resistant to wind. But those might be the only ones.

Arzon
Feb 4, 2016, 05:21 AM
Wait, are you telling me that the element below the name of the monsters IS the elemental weakness? D: Oh .. my .. god .. i ALWAYS thought that that's the elemental resistance, oh damn -.-''

nguuuquaaa
Feb 4, 2016, 08:05 AM

There are. Like Ex, Quartz and Magatsu resist ice, Elder resist wind and such.

Sp-24
Feb 4, 2016, 08:14 AM
The lightning fishies on Worpal are heavily resistant to lightning, and Dark Falz Elder is heavily resistant to wind. But those might be the only ones.

There are. Like Ex, Quartz and Magatsu resist ice, Elder resist wind and such.
Huh, I never noticed that. Always thought those were just resistances to certain damage types rather than to elements.

DRAGONxNOGARD
Feb 5, 2016, 09:38 AM
CHOOSE LIGHT DARKERS DARKERS EVERYWHERE

jooozek
Feb 5, 2016, 10:37 AM
Huh, I never noticed that. Always thought those were just resistances to certain damage types rather than to elements.

yeah, i wonder why aren't they utilising the UI that they have in place specifically for shit like that :wacko: