PDA

View Full Version : Discrete Physique Editing?

Kole
Feb 4, 2016, 12:41 AM
Can someone explain how to get this to work? I've already had to waste 2 passes to fix my cast proportions (the cast proportions I worked out looked freaky in my human costume)

sparab
Feb 4, 2016, 12:50 AM
Have you checked the "Discrete Physique Editing" in Option->Estee Setting? It is off by default

Kole
Feb 4, 2016, 12:55 AM
Have you checked the "Discrete Physique Editing" in Option->Estee Setting? It is off by default

Estee setting??? I already clicked discrete on instead of real time.

Z-0
Feb 4, 2016, 12:57 AM
http://puu.sh/mVdAp/95b6524824.png

Go here and press the bottom option.

Kole
Feb 4, 2016, 12:59 AM
http://puu.sh/mVdAp/95b6524824.png

Go here and press the bottom option.

Well I already did that. But when I changed my human proportions back, my cast proportions changed as well. So idk what to do and I don't wanna waste any more passes.

Unless you mean I have to do the opposite (change my proportions with the Cast body on in the beauty salon)

sparab
Feb 4, 2016, 01:08 AM
Post some image of your human/cast body setting?

If you have done it correctly you can see the different proportions for both whenever you switch clothing before saving the change

Squal_FFVIII
Feb 4, 2016, 01:20 AM
What exactly does this setting do? Does it unlock more editing options when tweaking our characters in the make over shop? :O

Kole
Feb 4, 2016, 01:38 AM
Post some image of your human/cast body setting?

If you have done it correctly you can see the different proportions for both whenever you switch clothing before saving the change

Oh, I better ask this first - will height save differently?

Edit - nevermind, got it to work finally.

What exactly does this setting do? Does it unlock more editing options when tweaking our characters in the make over shop? :O

Lets you have a separate set of proportions depending on whether you have your cast or human costume on (should affect replica costumes too I guess)

Squal_FFVIII
Feb 4, 2016, 01:50 AM
Ah so this is for cast race only?

Kole
Feb 4, 2016, 02:13 AM
Ah so this is for cast race only?

Should affect those cast/robot replica costumes too

Least I think so.

AzureBlaze
Feb 4, 2016, 03:53 AM
Kole: Thank you for posting this topic!
It was exactly my question I had when seeing the 'sets' thing get added. They NEEDED this, because the parts proportions are so incompatible with the regular costumes sometimes. Hopefully that HUcast costume will obey as costume & not part--sure acts that way.

Z-0 Where is this thing you screen shot?
I looked all over the makeover shop and can't find it. (Why is it untranslated, also? I thought they got pretty much everything except the pets menu because pet is too new?) And, after you push that dot into the bottom options, which of the 3 bottom buttons do you push?

DOES height save differently? OP never said.
What is the exact process of what to do to get it to work? A guide with steps might be good for people who don't want to waste passes.

*I have been itching to do this for ages, ever since spending money irl on the Ragol Memories to get the HUcast costume only to find it looks goofy as hell/warped/distorted and I'd have to pay again to fix it while simultaneously wrecking my parts proportions. This "sets" literally can cure all that if I can get it to work

Z-0
Feb 4, 2016, 04:04 AM
That's in the options menu, not in Este.

It's also untranslated because I don't use the english patches since I don't need it. I figured it would be easy enough to navigate to though from the screenshot (Options > First Menu > Last Option > Bottom Dot).