PDA

View Full Version : Weapons for each class?

Nanaha
Feb 9, 2016, 12:39 AM
What weapons do you recommend to each class as they're levelling, and what to upgrade to when they hit lvl 75?
*As is typical of my questions, its pertaining to the wiki. This is basically giving me a priority list of what weapon pages to build first, and what can be left for later.

What is currently on my list:

Red 'Weapons'
Ares 'Series'
Invade 'Series'
Austere 'Series'
Tokyo '13* Series'
Boots of Seraphi
Elysion
Rikauteri
Queen Vera
Skull 'Kuron Series'
Orbit 'Series'
Evil 'Magatsu Series'
Bert Rodan
Nepto Rod
Psycho Wand
Sange Yasha
Nox Dinas
Niren Orochi
Zirenheit
Chvaia Tiger
Lizgrips
Twin Yasminkov 2000H
Blitz Fender
Lasahadis
Fuuga Naginata
Stark Brush
Berdysh
Meteor Cudgel
God Hand
Celesta Laser
Canaropp - キャナロップ(not yet truly translated)
Fleuve Lyra
ノクスリフェル(nox rod)
Koushousen
Squier Ligier
Maihime Kaougi
Pioni Link
Gal Wind
Gadianna
Nox Krieg
Summit Moon
Shinkou Kozuchi
ズィレンハイト(not yet translated)

Frankly my knowledge isn't that grand, so help would be great. If anything, weapons that you constantly look up would apply here too.

Qualia
Feb 9, 2016, 12:51 AM
Orbit and Skull (Kuron) series would be pretty important.

Edit: Also the Evil (Magatsu) weapons.

NightfallG
Feb 9, 2016, 03:00 AM
Red is always good if they do lots of CM on the side, at least enough to get Lv3 pot.

Ares is babby's first 13* and has a really good pot, even today.

Evil is easily accessible but doesn't apply to everyone due to the 'poison curse' effect. I'd say if you're Braver though the katana is pretty much standard gear for a good, long time, maybe even until you hit Austere. If you're Gunner or Fighter don't bother with Evil because it doesn't synergize at all with LB/Perfect Keeper for different reasons.

Skull is okay, Tokyo's about equal with Skull.

Invade/Austere is absolute endgame stuff due to how long it takes to get it and if you can only really set up one, go for Light.

tl;dr: Red and Evil are okay if you don't mind not hitting the toppest of top numbers. Ares/Skull/Tokyo are bog standard endgame with Ares probably being the quickest if you have a good farming group. Don't stress over Invade/Austere because if you aren't in a bad timezone you'll get it eventually.

Qualia
Feb 9, 2016, 03:16 AM
Notable mentions go to rods/talises with element damage boosting potentials (Bert rodan, nepto rod, etc.)
Oh, and psycho wand ofc

Selphea
Feb 9, 2016, 03:50 AM
General rule of thumb for me would be:

Tier 1: Reds, some old weapons that can match Red without needing Photon boosters
Tier 1.5: Good 12*s, typically with Photon Booster pots, Invade. With Ultimate Buster in UQ these are usually as good as Tier 2.5
Tier 2: Ares, Skull, Tokyo, Ideal. Ares is easier for people who play with groups, Skull and Tokyo for soloers. Ideal for boss killers.
Tier 2.5: Austere, Orbit

Anything below Red, just use a crafted, max grinded and 50% 1*

IMO half a tier isn't worth upgrading unless doing competitive TAs or ranked PD so Tier 2 is in a good spot until Tier 3 comes in.

steverowland
Feb 9, 2016, 04:01 AM
For BR Katana:
leveling just use the highest katana you can equip with your mag etc, if its just a new character then you will not have a big selection but if you already have 200s-atk mag and lvl 75 sub class, you can equip 12* weapons on lvl 1.

For starting from scratch just quickly get HU as subclass to lvl 20 so you can put all the S-atk SPs, then switch to BR as main and you should be able to equip the best 9* katana you can get from shop (what I did for my friends I just buy the weapon for them, max element it and grind it and then sell it to them for 1050 on shop since its not that easy to get those 300k or so for a maxed weapon when starting from 0).
With maxed 9* you can easily last till lvl 70 at which point you get free 12* tickets from title and can get something cheap before the 13* grind begins.

For 12* katana I would recommend getting 2x Nox Jefus (so you can 50 element it) using the free 12* weapon tickets, for affixes the main one should have Ultimate Buster and some other nice ones like power and those Marks and such, since those are common drops you can get a very nice affixed weapon for like 500k, the other can can be 100k just trash with the same element, grind it, potential to max and let the 13* farm begin.

And as you could have already guessed, you need ultimate buster for doing ultimate quests because you will be farming 180 Ares stones for 60 element Ares Katana, it is the second best Katana and the only one you can actually farm.
I did this farm recently, took me like 5 days after killing about 110 Angas with 250% RDR 100% triboost and lucky rise 3.

Once you get Ares Katana, the only thing that can be better than that is Austere but you can't farm it so its just wait for 200 profound stones by doing 250RDR 100% triboost Apocalypse emergency quest, you get 6 for each so you need to do the EQ about 34 times.
This will only give you 30 element Austere which is still not better than Ares, to have your Austre better than Ares you need to get it to 45 element to break even, either using 15 different 13* weapons from different sources or using those super expensive +5 attribute during grind. Or alternatively waiting for 34 more Apocalypse EQs and getting second Ausetre for the 60 element. So getting 60 ele Austre will either take about 2 months and lots and lots of money or 4 months of just waiting for it to come eventually and not missing any Apocalypse EQs.

Btw a tip for the Ares element, DO NOT upgrade to 40 element until you get the the 3rd Ares to get straight to 60, there is a possibility you will get 30+ wrong element drop straight from Anga at which point you need to Element grind that one with one of the 20 light element from shop and change element using the AC light element change item while doing so, this will make it 30+10 element which you then add to your default 20 element weapon for the full 60

Flaoc
Feb 9, 2016, 06:33 AM
im gonna have to say no to the s atk points until they are the only thing left (and even then not so sure id do it on hybrid build aka proper modern braver)

Ordy
Feb 9, 2016, 06:56 AM
IMO half a tier isn't worth upgrading unless doing competitive TAs or ranked PD so Tier 2 is in a good spot until Tier 3 comes in.

I don't agree with that for 2 to 2.5. Even for peasant Rangers with an Ideal, I think that getting an Austere rifle for End Attract mobbing for TD/XH maps is a significant upgrade. Even a +30'ed unaffixed orbit launcher, would be worth spending the lambda and money for the PP regen latent. Just my personal opinion |ω・`)

Btw a tip for the Ares element, DO NOT upgrade to 40 element until you get the the 3rd Ares to get straight to 60, there is a possibility you will get 30+ wrong element drop straight from Anga at which point you need to Element grind that one with one of the 20 light element from shop and change element using the AC light element change item while doing so, this will make it 30+10 element which you then add to your default 20 element weapon for the full 60

People still farm UQ without a vraolet? (>_<)

----------------

Also this, was posted in another thread, I think it's relevant to the subject.

Best Non 13* Weapons

Partizan: フウガナギナタ(For volg damage boosting with criticals, best for Fi/Hu, and needs to be crafted), 赤のパルチザン(Photon boosters needed), シュタルクブラッシュ(Use this if you lack photon boosters; it's a 12* and all class with fair conditions for 15% damage), バルディッシュ(Photon boosters needed; better than the Stalk Brush but this weapons is for Hunter mains only)
Wired Lance: 禍矛ユクカ
Twin Daggers: ラヴィス=ブレイド(Photon boosters needed)
Double Saber: 流星棍(For gear accumulation)
Knuckles: ゴッドハンド(Photon boosters needed)
Gunslash: 赤のガンスラッシュ (Photon boosters needed), セレスタレイザー(Photon boosters needed and requires chaining different PAs)
Katana:禍刀ラクカ
Dual Blades: 赤のデュアルブレード(Photon boosters needed; best if you ever try Fi/Bo), ノクスディナス, ニレンオロチ(Photon boosters needed, and critical field on build)
Assault Rifles: 赤のライフル(Photon boosters needed)
Launcher: 赤のランチャー (Photon boosters needed)
Twin Machineguns: ブリッツフェンダー(Photon boosters needed), ファイナルフェンダー(If you don't have photon boosters)
Rods: 禍杖ノチウハウ(Rainbow), ベルトロダン(Fire), ネプトロッド(Ice), キャナロップ(Lightning), フルーブライラ(Light), ノクスリフェル(Dark). One 60 element Austere Rod trashes all of these even factoring in element conversion differences.
Talis: コウショウセン(Fire), スキアーリジェ(Ice), 舞姫歌扇(Ilbarta spamming only), ピオニリンク(Lightning), ガルウィンド(Wind), ガディアンナ(Light; may be worth crafting)ノクスクリーグ(Dark)
Wand:
Can tolerate 12* grinding 6x4:サミットムーン(Rainbow)
Tripping over photon boosters: 赤のウォンド(Rainbow)
None of those: 新光小槌(Rainbow)
Jetboots: ズィレンハイト

All 赤の weapons need to be crafted. I REALLY, REALLY want to say get a 13* and to scrap some of these.

Selphea
Feb 9, 2016, 07:21 AM
I don't agree with that for 2 to 2.5. Even for peasant Rangers with an Ideal, I think that getting an Austere rifle for End Attract mobbing for TD/XH maps is a significant upgrade. Even a +30'ed unaffixed orbit launcher, would be worth spending the lambda and money for the PP regen latent. Just my personal opinion |ω・`)

True that if maining one class, although I just change from Ranger to Force or something else if the quest has lots of mobs :wacko:

cnckoz
Feb 9, 2016, 11:28 AM
I updated my listings yesterday if you want some ideas:

Dual Blades (http://www.fulldive.nu/2014/12/17/dual-blade-bouncer-gear-affixes/)
Jet Boots (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/05/20/jet-boots-bouncer-gear-affixes/)
Twin Machineguns (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/04/07/gunner-gear-affixes/)

Tier 1: Reds, some old weapons that can match Red without needing Photon boosters
Tier 1.5: Good 12*s, typically with Photon Booster pots, Invade. With Ultimate Buster in UQ these are usually as good as Tier 2.5
Tier 2: Ares, Skull, Tokyo, Ideal. Ares is easier for people who play with groups, Skull and Tokyo for soloers. Ideal for boss killers.

Is Yasminkov 8000C just not worth it at all compared to the other 13*s?

Bellion
Feb 9, 2016, 11:48 AM
Y8000C is pretty much on par with Ideal on bosses, on par with Mistol in just plain damage, but weaker than Austere. It beats out every other 13* TMG in general, and the PP increase isn't an issue for Gunner's PP regeneration skills.

EvilMag
Feb 9, 2016, 11:51 AM
8000C isn't bad. Problem is that you can't reliably farm for it. Kinda surprised that they haven't tied stones behind the Elder/Loser 13*s.

steverowland
Feb 9, 2016, 12:07 PM
Also this, was posted in another thread, I think it's relevant to the subject.

Originally Posted by Bellion
Best Non 13* Weapons
Katana:禍刀ラクカ

Don't know about the rest of the list but the best non 13* katana is actually ヤミガラス and it compares to even some of the 13* ones (definitely better than Invader tier etc). You need to unlock the second potential for 26% damage to guren and sakuend which are the only PAs used anyways. But I'd say its not worth investing into that since Ares is so easy to farm and Nox with ultimate buster will be sufficient for that.

cnckoz
Feb 9, 2016, 12:08 PM
Ahh, that's true. Maybe like a tier 2 of the existing Iritista Rainbow and Syncesta Phantasm Pyroxene. Would be nice to fix the 51 element of my TMG >.<

TaigaUC
Feb 9, 2016, 12:50 PM
I think recommended weapon while levelling is also a matter of:
- what's available to you (ie. what gear you have easy access to)
- what you can afford
- what you're most comfortable playing as

For example, if you love Partisans, and you can get ahold of a good all-class Partisan, you could probably just use that for all the melee classes.

And of course, it's important to consider what weapons are more effective.
That's been explained by everyone else though.

Qualia
Feb 9, 2016, 12:59 PM
For example, if you love Partisans, and you can get ahold of a good all-class Partisan, you could probably just use that for all the melee classes.

Basically what I did with a bio janen to cap BR, HU, and FI lol

Azure Falcon
Feb 9, 2016, 07:04 PM
8000C isn't bad. Problem is that you can't reliably farm for it. Kinda surprised that they haven't tied stones behind the Elder/Loser 13*s.

Likewise, the drop rates are so atrocious on those 13*s that I cannot understand why Sega thinks anyone would bother to use them. Doubt I'll ever see a Double Cannon drop.

Zorak000
Feb 9, 2016, 08:09 PM
I hear reds/invade on force is kinda iffy, since force lacks any crit skills to help combat the damage variance

also I think for fast weapon types, the Shadow Formation 11*s can barely edge out reds; while maintaining useful off-class options. LIVE weapons can also fill this role, moreso for slower weapons, though they can be a pain to get element up.

jooozek
Feb 9, 2016, 08:31 PM
if you are getting huge damage variance you haven't extended high enough, crit skills are a waste of points for red extended weapons
table with amount of dex difference between player and enemy required to hit minimum 90% for extended/invade weapons (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%83%88%2F% E6%AD%A6%E8%A3%85%E3%82%A8%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83 %86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%AC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%94#e 12c9626)

ArcaneTechs
Feb 9, 2016, 09:12 PM
Don't know about the rest of the list but the best non 13* katana is actually ヤミガラス and it compares to even some of the 13* ones (definitely better than Invader tier etc). You need to unlock the second potential for 26% damage to guren and sakuend which are the only PAs used anyways.
General rule of thumb is NOT to invest in weapons that boost certain PA's Pot's. Your going to end up using other PA's with that weapon and your not going to gain any damage increases because your relying on those 2 PA's only. So no Yamigarasu is not the best, if anything Evil Katana or イスク440hz would be your best bets

Nanaha
Feb 9, 2016, 10:30 PM
List updated on first post. It's in no particular order. Any other popular weapons that should be mentioned before I start building pages?

ArcaneTechs
Feb 9, 2016, 10:41 PM
List updated on first post. It's in no particular order. Any other popular weapons that should be mentioned before I start building pages?
I dont want to recommend weapons because it becomes a debate that can get pretty heated on certain levels. "For now" stuff though should be put together until they get something good but some ppl will just stick to certain things even when they're 75/75 and beyond

RealKillaK
Feb 9, 2016, 10:44 PM
エーデル・アーロ,ゲイルヴィスナー,スレイヴクロス(doesn't need 60%),ラヴィス=ブレイド. These are the ones i noticed instantly theres a lot more but too lazy to do it.

Macman
Feb 9, 2016, 11:06 PM
Any casting weapons with elemental damage latents spring to mind.

Rod: Belt Rodan, Wedel Pack, Nepto Rod, Satellite Riser, Divine Amaterasu, Caduceus, Stark Katze, Demonic Fork.

Talis: Green Duel Gaze, Nox Krieg, Gal Wind, Koushousen, Seimei Kikami, Squier Ligier, Pioni Link.

Wand: Laconium, Adaman, Zumiuran, Windmill, Evil Curst, Magical Wand, Divine Tsukoyomi, Siren Glass Hammer, Volcano Mace, Lamiaterio, Precious Balmung, Sinow Gallus, Helmawon.

I probably missed some, wow for not being able to use element convert, techer sure gets a lot of these weapons.

steverowland
Feb 10, 2016, 02:18 AM
General rule of thumb is NOT to invest in weapons that boost certain PA's Pot's. Your going to end up using other PA's with that weapon and your not going to gain any damage increases because your relying on those 2 PA's only. So no Yamigarasu is not the best, if anything Evil Katana or イスク440hz would be your best bets

This might be true for the future once they introduce new overpowered PA but ever since I returned like a month ago I used Shunka once to see how bad it got and crafted Kazan Nadeshiko with the faster speed once to also deem it not worth the PP and time at all (you can literally fit 2 Gurens for the same PP and duration for like 1.8x damage of it).
So Guren and Sakuend are really the only 2 I use since they fit all situations you can ask for, until Guren is nerfed, the range, the AOE potential it gives as well as chase and movement possibilities for mere 10pp (20 with stab) are just too insane to use anything else for that purpose.

And by the time any new PA comes or it gets nerfed, you will have 13* anyways (most likely even Austere with how slow sega is with introducing PA changes).

But well depends on the playstyle maybe, if you really want to use other PAs then get different weapon than Yami, but its 100% possible to do perfectly with only those 2 and it boosts your damage significantly if you do so.
I would still recommend nox katana for the 13* farm though since you can get it maxed with good affix for UQ under 2 mil and save money for skip->7 grinder for 13*.

escarlata
Feb 10, 2016, 06:10 AM
You may want to list Divine Raikou and Edel Arrow as well; the latter having comparable damage to Ideal during RS and the former granting better uptime.
Also, weapons with innate Techs, notably Resta (プリメラ・フィオーレ), Megiverse (サイカ・ヒョウリ、コートダブリス), Zanverse (アプレンティスグラッジ、コートダブリス) Harai Houshun (katana with Ilzan for TC Guren dashes), Shifts (リグジェーン, 合掌輪、セルクフロッツ)

Skye-Fox713
Feb 10, 2016, 11:41 PM
I updated my listings yesterday if you want some ideas:

Dual Blades (http://www.fulldive.nu/2014/12/17/dual-blade-bouncer-gear-affixes/)
Jet Boots (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/05/20/jet-boots-bouncer-gear-affixes/)
Twin Machineguns (http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/04/07/gunner-gear-affixes/)

That TMG guide is really good, gives me something to aim for. Just wish there was a Ranger based one as well.

Question? I'm guessing even with a full set of Zieg armor and a Zieg weapon, a Maxed grinded (with ability) and crafted red weapon will beat out the Zieg in both damage and cost?

NightfallG
Feb 11, 2016, 11:16 AM
if you are getting huge damage variance you haven't extended high enough, crit skills are a waste of points for red extended weapons
table with amount of dex difference between player and enemy required to hit minimum 90% for extended/invade weapons (http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%82%AF%E3%83%A9%E3%83%95%E3%83%88%2F% E6%AD%A6%E8%A3%85%E3%82%A8%E3%82%AF%E3%82%B9%E3%83 %86%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3%83%AC%E3%82%B7%E3%83%94#e 12c9626)

That said, going whole hog with crafting might not be as economical as just going with a potted 11/12* down the line. Hell, many perfectly good 13* options are easily farmed now so it kinda makes it all moot.

jooozek
Feb 11, 2016, 02:12 PM
That said, going whole hog with crafting might not be as economical as just going with a potted 11/12* down the line. Hell, many perfectly good 13* options are easily farmed now so it kinda makes it all moot.

red weapons are generally mentioned for people who can't get 10-12* trading passes, of course, if you have access to those there isn't much point to even consider getting red weapons but if you don't that's like a really good option till you get a 13*