PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Street Style Snap AC Scratch (10 Feb 2016)

Anduril
Feb 10, 2016, 12:13 AM
http://i.imgur.com/aw4r2l8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/WIJtbsk.png (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/ac/20160210/)http://i.imgur.com/SggtcQs.png (http://pso2.jp/players/catalog/scratch/fun/)

Limited color availability of Basewear is quite disheartening. Still nothing in green. The operator's glasses are a welcome addition; it's hard to believe that we haven't had a color-matching set of normal glasses before (that I can recall).

Zeroem
Feb 10, 2016, 12:21 AM
That white coat's gonna be the the most expensive thing on this scratch if it was put on Vidphone. Scratch that, all of the women's stuff gonna cost a lot. Again, a good time to be male CAST.......which what I would say if the CAST parts are a new one. Unfortunately, it's not.

Though you must admit, this one has a better lineup than the Maestro scratch. And at least the color of the shoes match with the pants' color (which is a good thing for me).

Also, inb4 massive copy of Dudus dancing on the lobby.

Xaeris
Feb 10, 2016, 12:24 AM
I notice that the order of the total scratch awards is swapped this time. Last time, you got the accessory for the first reward and the memories for the second reward. Now, it's the other way around and the total amount of scratches you need is higher on top of it. I guess it worked out really well for Sega and they're upping the ante? Honestly, the most REBORN thing about Episode 4 seems to be the scratch between the layerwear and this stuff.

I'm just glad the glasses aren't one of the rewards, like I was worried about. The revivals are nothing I care about. Honestly, I kinda forgot those clothes existed.

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 10, 2016, 12:29 AM
The intercom is the only thing of note for me. None of the new layered clothing interests me in the slightest. Le sigh

JCry
Feb 10, 2016, 12:33 AM
I Don't like this layer thing. Just hope they will still release solid outfits.

pkemr4
Feb 10, 2016, 12:43 AM
is the 500 AC ones just not worth it anymore?

starwind75043
Feb 10, 2016, 12:45 AM
Just going to pray to rngesus i can get in the tickets i saved

Xaeris
Feb 10, 2016, 12:48 AM
The gold AC tickets come in packages, so you have the same risk/reward potential with a higher buy in. Get a one of the wool coat packages, and you can bathe in the meseta. Get something like a male revival set, and qq, sucks to be you.

Enforcer MKV
Feb 10, 2016, 01:45 AM
The joys of being a Cast. Ooooh, yes.

Z-0
Feb 10, 2016, 01:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmv4cLKyML8

This is the fun scratch music disc. B)

Zeroem
Feb 10, 2016, 02:14 AM
Daytona USA (SAT) Music - The King of Speed - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zmv4cLKyML8)

This is the fun scratch music disc. B)

Oh god, why I didn't spot this earlier XD
I guess SEGA do knew about the recent 'gokart', 'car', and 'bike' trend among players.

Keilyn
Feb 10, 2016, 03:54 AM
I just browsed the costumes and here are my thoughts:

Denim Base-Wear: The skirt itself has a color that can't be changed but the top runs with four colors.
Denim Outer-Wear: Its not so bad, though its very wintery.

Wool Coat itself is wide on the outside making the character look bigger than she really is, while the base-wear looks like a block of color stacked on top of the shorts.

Frontier Base-Wear: Thank God at least there are different colored Skirts and the entire outfit shares the color. This works well with the Outer-Wear. The question is how it actually is animated when the character moves because its really flat on the skin/body when browsed in the shop....

Inner-Wear: I havent seen any of it yet..

However to complete all the female looks one needs legging Body Paint...

Seems the pattern now for completing a Costume from these last two scratches are:

Inner, Base, Outer, Legging (Body Paint), Hairstyle, Accessories (normally 1 - 4).

In the case of Frontier, there are Four Accessories, meaning the costume is 9 pieces for the female ver. to be completed.

TaigaUC
Feb 10, 2016, 04:25 AM
Severe lack of colors. Particularly shoe colors AGAIN. No variation in shoe color at all.
Each outfit only has, what, 3 colors? So much customization! Not.

Denim skirt doesn't look like denim at all.
Boa jacket doesn't seem to come in white so I can't preview that.
No black short pants outfit. Heels on the short pants are shorter than the concept art.
Coat looks super awful on my characters.

Not much to say about the Frontier stuff. The girl Frontier outer has a weird waist board around it.
Underwear is ridiculously expensive and boring.
No black shirt for the guys.
SEGA really HATES green.

None of the currently available layered outfits mix and match well with each other.
That is not a good sign.

Sp-24
Feb 10, 2016, 05:00 AM
Why the fuck does all female base wear end before legs even begin.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 10, 2016, 05:02 AM
I Don't like this layer thing. Just hope they will still release solid outfits.

You are not alone.

TaigaUC
Feb 10, 2016, 05:12 AM
I think guys would look cool if they just had pants, innerwear (ie. undershirt/shirtless) and a jacket.
But no, you have to wear some stupid t-shirt along with the pants, and ugly shoes.
Makes me wonder if they've even considered the possibility of having a shirtless basewear for guys.

Oh yeah, and the outers have super huge bellies on my characters.
They're just floating around the stomach. Looks so bad.

TaigaUC
Feb 10, 2016, 05:46 AM
Ugh. Layered swimsuits. No thanks.

So.. I'm looking at the Denim Skirt shoes and they're not really shaped like human feet.
The Disgaea Serafina outfit has similar shoes, but doesn't have that problem.

And I can barely hear the footstep sound. It's lower volume than the Serafina outfit footsteps.

ContinuumXIX
Feb 10, 2016, 09:54 AM
I really just want more color variation. It would have been fine to make everything equipped items like the outer, and give us the ability to recolor them...but nope. This system is really disappointing me.

Poyonche
Feb 10, 2016, 09:58 AM
and ugly shoes.

You definitely hate those shoes uh ? :wacko:

TaigaUC
Feb 10, 2016, 10:14 AM
I don't like those strawberry colored shoes on that guy's outfit from last scratch.
The shoes are okay this time, instead the top is ugly.
None of these things would be a problem if we had a top/bottom system instead. Or if we could customize colors.

I'm thinking they're probably going to run out of ideas for outerwear since there aren't that many different variations of jackets.
They already have so many similar looking jackets/coats on the previous costumes.

TaigaUC
Feb 10, 2016, 02:32 PM
Example of what I was talking about with the messed up waist on outer jackets:
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=74230

And look, more ugly shoes!
http://mmoloda.com/pso2/image.php?id=74194

Also disappointed that we can't just have the sweater and no bottom.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 10, 2016, 05:14 PM
Frontier basewear with a decent enough leggings bodypaint makes a passable costume on its own. Kinda looks like nagisa's outfit, but better. Bought one in black, and I don't regret it.

I'd use the wool coat over it more, but that waist issue on the outer jackets bugs me quite a bit.

Resta
Feb 10, 2016, 05:47 PM
Layered wear was a mistake

doomdragon83
Feb 10, 2016, 06:48 PM
Lack of colors for basewear, and most of the colors they gave us are awful. Please stop with these horrible shades of pastel blue (there are good shades and they aren't giving us any of them), bright ass classic-Sonic blue, and BLACKER THAN YOUR SOUL.
PREACH ON!

Subtlety is an amazing thing and they don't have a clue. Also I'd kill for some green right about now too. That outfit color glitch made me realize how much I'd love a ton of outfits in dark green.
Every outfit is red, blue, and sometimes black and white. You hardly see any green outfits and even then you'd see outfits that gets rereleased with another shade/variation of red or blue. It wouldn't have killed Sega to let people change every color of an outfit but what can you do?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 10, 2016, 07:08 PM
Layered wear was a mistake

Blasphemer.

Shirai
Feb 10, 2016, 07:08 PM
Thought this was a pretty nice scratch. I personally really am a fan of the casual wear at least.

Gaylar
Feb 10, 2016, 07:43 PM
Thought this was a pretty nice scratch. I personally really am a fan of the casual wear at least.

Agreed, I'm seeing a lot of distaste for this scratch, I like it though; but I don't play a female character.

I'll admit the base colors for the outwear coat for males look like shit, but recolored it comes out pretty nice. The lack of innerwear color variation is definitely there though, and I found 3 of the inner clothes to be... bland. Did manage to get one to match the recolored outerwear though.

My only real disappointment is that the jeans in the concept art looked blue... in game they're black (or if they are blue, its too dark). I don't know why.

yoshiblue
Feb 10, 2016, 07:46 PM
Blasphemer.

Only if it was easier on the wallet.

Nitro Vordex
Feb 10, 2016, 08:06 PM
Y'all can blame the economy for being garbage on the prices. I personally love the layered wear idea, as it opens the door for much more customization. Hopefully they start releasing layered versions of previous things, so we can mix and match.

This scratch makes my waifus cute.

red1228
Feb 10, 2016, 09:47 PM
...Hopefully they start releasing layered versions of previous things, so we can mix and match...

I'll like Layered clothing if this ever happens. 50-50 chance with Sega/c. On the one hand, this means work (and they cant be having none of that). But on the other hand, this means rehashing old/existing content (which they LOVE to do).

But until this actually happens, screw all of y'all with your 8-15mil for ONE THIRD of an outfit.

oratank
Feb 10, 2016, 10:24 PM
you can wait for rescratch and use 8-15m for complete set may be many set

TaigaUC
Feb 11, 2016, 01:18 AM
Layered system doesn't really open a door to much more customization. It is essentially "mix and match 1. jacket, 2. whole outfit, and 3. underwear".
You can customize only the jacket color. Outfit and underwear only have very few preset (and mostly ugly) colors. The color variations are also mostly limited to the upper body.
Underwear isn't even visible most of the time. Old system costumes came with custom underwear that suited the outfits. I honestly prefer that to having to buy 10-20m simple white underwear.
If you compare this to the original system, the only real differences are the interchangeable jackets and underwear. Both of which we could easily do without.
In exchange for the new "customization", the items are bound to character, and cost more than twice as much. It's not a worthwhile trade-off.

If it was a matter of top, bottom and shoes, each with freely customizable colors, that'd be way better and make more sense.
Don't forget that PSO2 has had the color customization system in there since day 1. Casts have also had customizable arms, body and legs.
But they intentionally choose not to use these systems most of the time.
These are the same idiots who have a different menu system for scrapping items and recycling them. Why can't they just use the multiple select system for both?

I feel like some of the layered outfits are intentionally designed to encourage people to buy expensive innerwear, too.
Or spend a fortune on scratch trying to get them.
The whole thing very much seems more like a cash grab than SEGA actually caring about how players want to customize their characters.

I wrote in the enquete that I wanted casual wear. But so far the options have been underwhelming.
I also didn't want awful colors and ugly shoes.
Most of the outerwears right now also look awful and don't really match.
One of my female Japanese friends was complaining that PSO2 focusing on casualwear is really boring.

There's an issue with using the new waist/hip slider to give your character more of a pear shape (ie. not an hourglass waist).
The lower part of the jackets/coats becomes EXTREMELY HUGE to the point of floating around your character and clipping through your entire arms.
The difference in size is like double or triple that of the tunable character body shape.
There's really no excuse for that. It makes no sense and looks ridiculous. They just couldn't be bothered testing the outfits.
Which shows just how little they actually care.

@Arredoval
I know that when designing stuff it's normal to draw all layers.
But I can't help but wonder if they intended to go the route of bound-to-character layered sysem all along.

Hysteria1987
Feb 11, 2016, 01:25 AM
(Also why do my virtual girls have to deal with the same shitty problem real girls have to deal with of shirts not being real dignified shirts and more like tissue paper)Because just like the real world, making people buy layers gives the manufacturer more money :D

yoshiblue
Feb 11, 2016, 01:28 AM
Would be nice if the costume shop cycled through layers/costumes every so often. Would make it a popular place to check out.

wefwq
Feb 11, 2016, 01:34 AM
Most layered outfit being more pricey because both Inner and Base being one-time use pass, i don't understand why are they must torment us this way.

TaigaUC
Feb 11, 2016, 01:45 AM
If I'm not mistaken, layerwear also have less color variations than most past outfits, and also have higher rarity than most past outfits.
Yes, I know they added more variations over time, but usually they started out with more.
And the layerwear color variations are even simpler than before. They mostly only bothered to change the shirt colors now.

Keilyn
Feb 11, 2016, 02:55 AM
I like it, finally scratching is worth a lot more....
I made a return when 20 - 40m came from it and I became happy. Then I was able to scratch and use my meseta to make sure I had the outfits and stuff I wanted instead of a lot of junk that would force me to actually turn in the recycle shop...

I prefer the math over anything else...

There are 168 hours in a week and if I use 40 - 100 of them to play a game, where does that leave me to work and do other things?....however if I make $30 - $100 an hour from professional work, as salaries to professional jobs have improved across the board by 30 - 90% since my birth, I think I can go through the Arks Cash Shop and actually spend an hour or two of work to gain what players spending 40 - 100 hours during that week would spend to get the same thing...

Its a better trade than the shitty scratches before...

Seriously, I feel that people my age (I am in my 30s) who fueled the last generation were not forgotten and the world realized we love playing video games still and gave us a system that we could use to actually compete with the young people who have MORE TIME TO PLAY GAMES THAN WE DID DURING OUR DAY, because truth be told....

...Life is tough,
......life is far more complex...

Everything is becoming more Logic and Political Driven and in some cases overemotional on things...and one does not get that many shots anymore to get the things one wants..

The FLOW of PSO2 is simple to understand and it goes something like this:

1) Level your character to 50 - 75
2) Unlock all TACOs and XQs...
3) Buy your initial entry-level endgame stuff..

and then we reach the endgame which is

1) Wait around lobbies to run EQs on XH difficulties with just about everyone. If not in EQ time, run your Daily Orders.
2) Gather stuff to sell and then use a SHOP CARD to sell all your shit....

or

2) Spend money in the Arks Cash Shop to use in Scratch to get Costumes and other useful things that everyone wants and begin selling stuff (while keeping costumes that you want)

Finally

3) Either use money from sold good during GRIND BOOST for all your grinding and affixing, or work towards buying more costumes you want but didnt get in scratch...

Repeat...

Its not THAT hard to understand and a system exists that caters to those who WORK and HAVE REAL LIVES, while the traditional grinding system that young people absolutely can't get enough of is still there....

Its a great fantasy to work on characters and their looks and clothing and not just their weapons and units. I've always loved that about this series....

Nyansan
Feb 11, 2016, 03:11 AM
While I do agree that the innerwears need to have more variation, given that it's only been out for 2 scratch rotations I think more varieties are on the way in the future. Heck, the first few scratches when the game came out was pretty lackluster aswell. It's pretty safe to say that Sega's testing the appeal of the new system first then start adding more variants as time goes on.

Also, all you complaining about how female stuff costs a ton need to make male characters :p customization is dirt cheap and I frequently get おしゃれ gjs from random people

yoshiblue
Feb 11, 2016, 04:21 AM
Somehow that makes me want to use layer outfits on Yoshi even less.

TaigaUC
Feb 11, 2016, 06:18 AM
Male customization isn't dirt cheap.
I usually pay about 200k meseta for Male outfits.
The layered stuff is usually 1m per piece. And isn't what I want for my character, either. In total, roughly 2.5m for a single outfit. I don't think I've ever paid so much for a guy outfit.
That's not including Rappy Suit/Color Pass costs, which I also did with the old system costumes. Back when Rappy Suits were 500-700k instead of 2m+.

The problem with "variations" is that, you won't know if anything mixes until you try combinations out.
However, scratch rotation means limited supply for limited time.
When they do add stuff, even if you realize it mixes well with older stuff, by that time older stuff will cost a fortune.
That encourages people to buy everything, just in case.
Or to buy more scratch and stock up for later.

The fact that we can't change base or underwear colors means some people will buy every available color, just in case.
It becomes a collection thing like with Lobby Actions or accessories.

On top of this, variations are still limited to outer (jacket/coat, etc.), base (entire outfit including shoes) and inner (underwear).
Again, I need to emphasize that this is not really much customization or variation at all.
At most you are only going to be able mix/match some colors and types of jackets/coats.
Underwear can be ignored because you're not really going to see it anyway.
And I can't imagine innerwear having much variation. It's still essentially body paint. You can even adjust innerwear body paint layer priority.

Maybe you're thinking they might eventually move traditionally base clothing parts to outer, or base to inner, to allow for more interesting customization than just jacket/coat.
But the problem with that is then they wouldn't be able to mix with older layered outfits.

tl;dr: layered system "variation" is actually pretty limited, as far as I can imagine.

Ziel
Feb 11, 2016, 08:02 AM
So cheapest basewear on the denim skirt outfit is blue with 4m (rounded up, by 300k at most) while the default base color is 9m, the jacket tops at 1.5m and the innies go for 12m on default color and 2 the cheapest...

So either 7-8m for the cheapest color or 22m+ for the default...

With 22m i could have gotten a past scratch costumes+camos, heck with 8 i could get what i wanted and the most expensive camo if i felt like it.

Am i the only one here who thinks Fuck Layered Wear.?

Sayara
Feb 11, 2016, 08:39 AM
THe hot pants is the best Basewear for women because finally
FINALLY its not A FUCKING SKIRT. At least the new patches make underwear hidden with tights but fuck.

I want pants. Shorts, something that sure, show us some legs but not flash your knickers every 2 goddamn seconds.
Also I know it'll never be answered but hotshort innerwears be cool too if you're into those things. Thats probably too western of me to consider.

Ultimately layer outfits are awfully released out but a good idea in context
tl;dr https://youtu.be/eGQEAiZJMco?t=64

Kondibon
Feb 11, 2016, 08:54 AM
I want pants. Shorts, something that sure, show us some legs but not flash your knickers every 2 goddamn seconds.If it makes you feel any better the next scratch is going to have more shorts. http://www.bumped.org/psublog/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/New-Scratch-Feb.jpg

Also I know it'll never be answered but hotshort innerwearsr.needboyshortspls

TaigaUC
Feb 11, 2016, 10:13 AM
I'm probably the only one that thinks so, but panty flashes have been so common throughout the years that I automatically completely ignore them.
They do nothing for me.

Anyway, I wish the shorts didn't have those ugly boots.
And the layered skin texture still looks bad on my dark-skinned characters.

Not sure why they'd go back to such a low number.

Because REBORN. They want people to wait a year for new colors where they can repeat the process for more easy cash.

Maninbluejumpsuit
Feb 11, 2016, 12:49 PM
Male customization isn't dirt cheap.
I usually pay about 200k meseta for Male outfits.
The layered stuff is usually 1m per piece. And isn't what I want for my character, either. In total, roughly 2.5m for a single outfit. I don't think I've ever paid so much for a guy outfit.

Hahaha still cheap. I paid 4 mil for basewear alone on a good day.

Sp-24
Feb 11, 2016, 01:21 PM
Hahaha still cheap. I paid 4 mil for basewear alone on a good day.
I guess the problem here is that guys now need tickets to dress up, so it's not as cheap as it used to be.

It's still the same couple millions per scratch for girls.

TaigaUC
Feb 11, 2016, 05:03 PM
I think the basewear I bought for my guy was like 1m or something like that.
It's cheap compared to the 15-17m the girl outfits cost, but it's not cheap compared to the original system.
My point is everything we've seen about layerwear so far seems to lean towards it being more of a step back than a step forward.

Anyway, whatever.
Fast forward a year and we'll see if SEGA manages to make it suck less.

yoshiblue
Feb 11, 2016, 09:13 PM
For fastest results, they would have to flood the market to crash it or make them buy-able through the costume shop. I guess they could also cut everything down to one variant versions that can be recolored at any time. :cheepcheep: