PDA

View Full Version : Few Questions! Almost done downloading

Luxfortuna
Feb 10, 2016, 04:27 AM
Hey, I am nearly done DL'ing the game and have a ton of questions, but I'll only ask the ones I'm most curious about. I've been browsing the forums for hours in anticipation of the game and haven't fully resolved all of my questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1. Does the game have longevity? Reviews suggest it's extremely fun, but none really follow up on that. Meaning, is it something you play for a few months and then it becomes more dull? Or is there enough content to keep you going for quite a while?

2. Any idea how long the servers will last? I don't want to DL the game, put in hundreds of dollars and then 2 months later have the server shut down on me. To my knowledge, every other official server in existence has been shut down, and this game has been out for a few years so is there any indication that this will be shut down in the near future?

3. Are the in-game purchasables nice? Are they like costumes? Or is this a p2w version of PSO?

4. Worth playing with just two people? I am DL'ing the game with my wife, can we progress together or will we need to befriend others for more difficult content?

5. Is there still an active English-speaking community?

6. Is there a specific server that a lot of English-speakers gravitate towards?

I would be truly grateful if anyone could clear any of these questions up! SO EXCITED!!!!!

Z-0
Feb 10, 2016, 04:37 AM
1. Depends what longevity means to you. There's extremely lengthy item grinds (that usually rely on timeslotted quests to artificially increase those grinds further), but I personally wouldn't say the game has longevity to keep you playing as say, PSO or PSU did.

2. Apparently the servers are going for 10 years according to SEGA, so you have until 2022. They will shut down eventually though.

3. It's like semi-p2w but not really. Purchasing will allow you to accelerate, get aesthetics, more storage and be able to purchase higher rarity weapons, but it's not required to be able to get anything.

4. You're going to need more players. Not because content is difficult, but because content is designed so that with a small number of players, there's hardly any enemy density (which means not many EXP / drops / etc...)

5. Yes.

6. Ship 2.

Luxfortuna
Feb 10, 2016, 04:39 AM
You da man.

That resolves all of my issues! Hopefully by 2022 something else can outshine the game ^^

TaigaUC
Feb 10, 2016, 04:55 AM
Pretty much what Z-0 said.

1. If you enjoy messing around with weapons and class stuff, maybe. But you have to spend a lot of time obtaining the items to do so. There are several game modes, but a good number of them are random/scheduled short events.

3. You can earn in-game money fairly easily, just takes some time. The recently added new clothing system stuff has been very expensive though. You only need to spend real money if you want to get more depth out of a single character, or to fix mistakes you've made. So try to research carefully before you do anything irreversible.

4. You can solo most of the game, but there are some battles that require many people.

Luxfortuna
Feb 10, 2016, 05:09 AM
Thank you for the added perspective!

Could you elaborate a little more on the "get more depth out of an single character" comment? Could you also explain the mistakes a bit more? I was just going hop on a toon and roll with it, but perhaps I should take more time looking at what's important late game.

By mistakes do you mean things like making a pinkal when redrias are typically considered better? Visual mistakes? Name mistakes? Any clarification would be great!

Also is it hard to make in-game $ purchases? I saw a site called ark something that basically said you can buy coupons from them which work in PSO2. However, I also saw guides here with ELABORATE processes which tell you about using fake addresses in japan to be able to make purchases...

Ziel
Feb 10, 2016, 08:57 AM
Well i think Taiga refers to "depth" as in extra skill trees/mags and the like, so you can actually have all classes well geared in a single character (also cosmetics).

Mistakes as in adding Dex to your mag (since the meta a.f.a.i.k. is FULL ATK), or learning a skill in the tree that ends up useless/not your optimal build (hence the encouragement to ask/look for skill tree builds to follow); altough sega gives skill resets everytime they move something on any skill tree, waiting for it to correct something can be annoying.

As for the making ingame purchases, if you have an android device (ONLY ANDROID, Apple devices dont share ingame currency with the pc version!!) look for PSO2es apk, you can buy ac directly from there using google wallet which goes directly to your Pc account.