PDA

View Full Version : Biggest differences between SEA and JP versions?

Karazykid
Feb 11, 2016, 05:34 PM
Been trying to get some friends to play, but dear god so much whining about the moonspeak even with the translation. Apparently the SEA version is in English, which would be good, but how is it? Is it missing any content or anything?

Sirius-91
Feb 11, 2016, 05:37 PM
Think of the SEA version as chinese engrish instructions that constantly changes the words they're using every so often. By the end, you have an understanding of what you're doing, then suddenly you're dropped with much hardship that could have been somewhat not difficult if you used the japanese version instead.

Then you gotta pay extra cash as suddenly the product you're using is expensive to upkeep.

vantpers
Feb 11, 2016, 05:38 PM
It's missing all the content and rebalances gameplay making it pay2win.

arokidaaron
Feb 11, 2016, 05:41 PM
Population, a year behind JP in terms of content, collabs(if that's what you're looking for), market(trust me, one of the worst), and the most controversial part are the costume augs - which have bonuses that make it p2w, because you could only get it using $$

Edit: And to add about population, it's less than 1k population during peak hours, compared to jp which has 40k+ during peak hours

Edit2: Also forgot to point out that SEA VH and SH mobs are 30% stronger than JP VH and SH

.razor.
Feb 11, 2016, 05:49 PM
SEA sucks

end of story

Poyonche
Feb 11, 2016, 06:01 PM
SEA : Episode 2
JP : Episode 4

Karazykid
Feb 11, 2016, 06:21 PM
Population, a year behind JP in terms of content, collabs(if that's what you're looking for), market(trust me, one of the worst), and the most controversial part are the costume augs - which have bonuses that make it p2w, because you could only get it using $$

Edit: And to add about population, it's less than 1k population during peak hours, compared to jp which has 40k+ during peak hours

Edit2: Also forgot to point out that SEA VH and SH mobs are 30% stronger than JP VH and SH

The stronger mobs I'd kinda like, always felt these were a bit too easy. But what makes it P2W? I'm not too worried about cosmetic stuff. Or do the costumes add crazy stat bonuses and such?

Sirius-91
Feb 11, 2016, 06:21 PM
The stronger mobs I'd kinda like, always felt these were a bit too easy. But what makes it P2W? I'm not too worried about cosmetic stuff. Or do the costumes add crazy stat bonuses and such?

The costumes in SEA PSO2 have affixes that greatly enhance your stats and ability to deal damage.

arokidaaron
Feb 11, 2016, 06:26 PM
Yeah, they have black heart ex (black heart lvl3), tech charge ex( increases dmg of charged techs), stamina ex (200 hp), shield ex(30 all resists), and a perma 100 rdr boost

Edit: The damage of mobs are ridiculous, even turrets, like you die in just a couple of hits when doing TA amadusicia

Edit2: If your friends are looking at just the english part, jp with eng patch is way better, translation in sea isn't consitent, starting from ep2 content onwards.

aloola
Feb 11, 2016, 06:32 PM
AC items price ratio JAP 1 : 50 SEA

Zeroem
Feb 11, 2016, 06:35 PM
- Content (which should be obvious)

- Population

- Collaboration (only SEGA's franchise collab managed to reach SEA so far)

- Costume augs (JP should have this if the law that forbid completion items in JP didn't passed. But to compensate it, VH and SH mobs in SEA are 30% nastier when compared to JP)

- Badge shop (SEA got more items which did not exist....or used to exist for some time in JP. Also, unlike JP, Yellow Badges in SEA are handled like peanuts via FUN scratch)

- The existence of *12 armor (on the badge shop, but it's literally Elder armor upped to the extreme)

- Translation (translation team from Tweaker maybe do translate the Japanese to made the game at least playable for those who didn't want to learn JP by a bit, but only cover the essentials. SEA version has a very.......um, 'unique' translation, but at least the translation cover everything in the game)

- Vidphone prices (SEA prices are nasty compared to JP, but it's more like because TACOs are still daily on SEA, while JP's TACO are weekly.)

- English as speaking language of players (SEA tend to speak with their mother language even at lobby, but still less horrid compared to B01 Ship 2 if you ask me)

- Support (finally found the word that I wanted. JP are the 'mother' version of the game (handled directly by the franchise's creator themselves) and SEA is the 'child' version of the game (handled by publisher, which means limitation of what they can do on themselves). AS' reputation are pretty bad even for those outside SEA region; and sometimes ended up in late schedule posting, gifts not handled, and so on. But they do have 'once in the blue moon' moments where they handled things in good way, even though those moments are as rare as......well, blue moon. Or red moon in real life. While SEGA is.....being SEGA)

arokidaaron
Feb 11, 2016, 06:39 PM
- Content (which should be obvious)
AS' reputation are pretty bad even for those outside SEA region; and sometimes ended up in late schedule posting, gifts not handled, and so on.

This. they mess up schedule alot, and in return they do(did, dunno about now) nothing. Unlike JP where they handout goods in game to compensate for the mistakes they did.

NoobSpectre
Feb 11, 2016, 08:55 PM
PSO2 TW and SEA = Monster Hunter G Mission, Direct P2W Capitalism, and fuqqing reload AC issues.

PSO2 JPN = where the norm is JPN players in general doesn't like gaijins, and West do the same to SEA transfers. The hierachy is JPN>Gaijin>SEA/TW (hence my sig, and yes, feel free to deny) But as usual, this thing is recovering for brighter future, if md4 haven't show up.

If you really want to make a precise difference between the publishers of TW and SEA:

TW:
-Less scheduled, weekly basis.
-All EQs have some kind of boost (for example, Falz Arms 100% exp boost, Elder 100% meseta and RDB.
-Free Yellow badges and AC from campaign reward, mostly login campaign.
-Has Grind boost week (which promised 10 hours but actually gives 4)

SEA:
-monthly basis schedule and compacted, which they will update after a few days or so after starting of a month (and to maintain AS reputation, they will make publish date as 1st of [current month])
-Only Weekend boost starting from 6pm GMT+8 to 11pm, recently reduced to 1900-2100.
-Yellow Badges x2 are as common as risk -1 in FUN Scratch.
-No grind boost week when they gives out grind 100% x5 when you spend AC of 60k (equivalent to JPN 7k, by the way, its spend, not reload, you can stack up the amount and waste it in one go for that).

Common features:
-Famous Publishers [SPOILER]that ruins games
-P2W not to prove superior, but to survive
-Don't get touched hit or you die
-Salty Community But so was everywhere
[/SPOILER-BOX]

Konquer
Feb 11, 2016, 09:10 PM
copy paste from reddit:

[spoiler-box]

im personally not expecting the sea server to last very long either. thats why i abandoned 7 months of game time and moved to jp (which im now already much better geared with better costumes & accessories which i could never hope to get in sea)

1) population. you can view the population via this http://stuff.kakia.org/ , you can see that jp ship 2 (where most of the english players are) is at all times at least x3 the amount of players to the entire sea server combined. though to sea's benefit, their population has remained constant after the mass exodus, albeit rather pathetic numbers. unless you dont mind always seeing the same and mingling with mostly ph/id players. basically the only remaining players on sea are those who spent a shit ton of real cash and they arent very nice people to begin with.

2) economy. do you like 100m+ costumes and accessories, do you want to pay for basic affix fodders at close to 1m each? if yes, you better make sure you pay a shit ton of real cash to have premium, shop access, and scratch like crazy to sell your stuff to be able to afford what you want. may i interest you with this: http://ranking-pso2.playpark.net/Ranking/Ranking.html ; its what you have to do to be up there with them, if you hope to achieve anything. dont bother with taco since it only nets you like 2m a day? how long are you going to take to be able to buy a single 100m costume without premium? on jp, most costumes cost less than 1m, my nice black colored male costumes cost an average of 300k each (while sea nice black old ones cost at least 20m, new ones 100m) and dont get me started on the shop pass rates from FUN scratch. take me for example, 7 months of playing, tons of excubes, and SEA RNG only gives me 1 pass. 1 PASS. i go on jp, scratch less than 100k fun, and i already have close to 10 shop passes. go figure.

3) content. better rates, better schedules, frequent updates, anime collab content; sea has none of those. jp is ep4 on jan 27 while sea is still on ep2 with ep3 nowhere near considering their average content update time. the current jp version has done away with all the inconveniences, made things more user-friendly and has buffed/nerfed what needs to be balanced. sea's current version is the complete opposite aka unbalanced & unoptimized.

4) publisher. asiasoft, ah yes. asiasoft. have you played any of their games? have you noticed that most of them are no longer around (save maplesea, audition, and cabalsea)? lag on their servers even though their servers are located less than 50km away? pay2win cash shops, rigged rates and events? you name it.

i gave them a chance, started on sea's ep2, but really everything about it is just horrible. so really unless you're a masochist, you wouldnt play on sea.[/spoiler-box]

also this item description, very good translation indeed. theres also kazan pink (kazan nadeshiko) and some accessory called the chef hat that got translated into cock hat or something.

[spoiler-box]
http://i1383.photobucket.com/albums/ah316/Rogue_Noise/20_zps3rpiplcs.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

edit: theres also not a single gold spammer in area chat on jp, if you hate those stuff. on sea, that gold spammer bot goes unbanned in the most populated block (b-10) for months. sea community is also a lot more toxic since there's a severe lack of GM / CM presence while jp toxic, if any, is mostly contained within each player's own team/party because the banhammer is swift here.

wefwq
Feb 11, 2016, 09:57 PM
But SEA version let us run TACO every single day guise :^(

NephyrisX
Feb 11, 2016, 11:26 PM

It also led to inflation and, coupled with low population and hence low number of player shops, one of the worst player markets.

SEA SH is also significantly harder than JP SH or even VH, since mobs there can 2-3 shot you with even the best units.

NoobSpectre
Feb 11, 2016, 11:28 PM
It also led to inflation and, coupled with low population and hence low number of player shops, one of the worst player markets.

SEA SH is also significantly harder than JP SH or even VH, since mobs there can 2-3 shot you with even the best units.

well i believe the post above you is sarcastic (correct me if I'm wrong though).

anyway, its not 2-3 shot, is 1-2 shot.

landman
Feb 12, 2016, 01:39 AM
PSO2 JP: you need to deal with a hiragana capcha, once

PSO2 SEA: you need to deal with a VPN, always, unless you live in SEA.

CoWorker
Feb 12, 2016, 01:55 AM

i hope u enjoy running full taco runs on multiple chars everyday, it becomes a chore and wut? buy 1 new costume from a month's worth of doing repetitive runs?

while in JP, i can make a new char, do a few easy daily orders and earn like 200k+ from 1 day, and that 200k+ can let me buy any of the newest costume.... and dont get me started on taco, if i do a full run of tacos id have a shopping spree on any of the newest AC stuff on the market... and its only 1 once week.... on 1 char......

SakuRei
Feb 12, 2016, 02:10 AM
Again with this SEA JP comparison of which is the best and there are SEA white knights still defending that PSO2 SEA isn't "crap"

It is clearly in general that SEA sucks... End of story. Show is over people, abandon this thread.

Meteor Weapon
Feb 12, 2016, 02:36 AM
i hope u enjoy running full taco runs on multiple chars everyday, it becomes a chore and wut? buy 1 new costume from a month's worth of doing repetitive runs?

while in JP, i can make a new char, do a few easy daily orders and earn like 200k+ from 1 day, and that 200k+ can let me buy any of the newest costume.... and dont get me started on taco, if i do a full run of tacos id have a shopping spree on any of the newest AC stuff on the market... and its only 1 once week.... on 1 char......

If you knew him you knew he was being sarcastic lol :wacko:

CoWorker
Feb 12, 2016, 03:01 AM
Again with this SEA JP comparison of which is the best and there are SEA white knights still defending that PSO2 SEA isn't "crap"

It is clearly in general that SEA sucks... End of story. Show is over people, abandon this thread.
let the white knights defend the crappy server.... while theyre doing that, im just sitting at the back watching them die of boredom slowly until they quit or server gets shutdown and whine....

If you knew him you knew he was being sarcastic lol :wacko:

...... *facedesk*

Meteor Weapon
Feb 12, 2016, 03:10 AM
I've been hearing a lot about Sega deciding the content for SEA server, is that even true? I mean how the hell did Apos Dorios had his name bastardized?

CrossOmega
Feb 12, 2016, 03:11 AM
Typically people go to JP with more content.

SEA has way less content and you would prob play there if:
1.you are stuck at SEA
2. Can't deal with the tweaker which u prob shouldnt have any problems with.
3. because you are a maso.

mainly its reasons 1 and 3.

I've been hearing a lot about Sega deciding the content for SEA server, is that even true? I mean how the hell did Apos Dorios had his name bastardized?

Its mainly attributed to AS laziness in translation. It their version of telling us to deal with it and with how AS has alr screwed up lots of the stuff as it is, i gave up trying to find fault with their shyt.

CoWorker
Feb 12, 2016, 03:22 AM

u should try visiting their SEA facebook group... they constantly blame SEGA rather than Asiasoft's shady doings.... dunno where they pulled this blame tho, like every inch of failure is automatically blamed at SEGA

CrossOmega
Feb 12, 2016, 03:26 AM
u should try visiting their SEA facebook group... they constantly blame SEGA rather than Asiasoft's shady doings.... dunno where they pulled this blame tho, like every inch of failure is automatically blamed at SEGA

i feel that everyone i met in SEA blames it on AS though. prob bcause the first thing u see on opening the client would be SEGA's logo :v

wefwq
Feb 12, 2016, 03:54 AM

I enjoy doing that :^)
JP been on that state for like a year or two, it's become the most treasured time of my stay on JP server too ;^) Running full set TACO H and VH, every single day, by the time i finished the run it's midnight already so i don't have time to do anything else.
SEGA know how to make player stop playing and get some rest.

Also back then the only DO that worth a damn are the x99 kill/item delivery, which is deemed crap nowadays on JP server.
Oh man, the joy of rushing free exploration map 99 times to earn 150k meseta and EXP, only took me like a month to clear 1 order too.
I felt like the richest man after clearing that DO, it also fill like 15℅ of my EXP bar, wow.

Zeroem
Feb 12, 2016, 03:57 AM

If we want to be completely fair here; to judge whether something is good or not, you need to explain in detail about what TC's going to experience as objective as possible. Pros and cons. We're not here to put words in someone else's mouth.

If you think about it, any changes that AS' gonna implement in SEA need SEGA's approval.
As for translation, I have no idea. Both on who's actually did the translation, and the need to 'localize' the terms.

Welp, that aside......to simplify this:
- SEA have easier access to some of yellow badges content and every corner of the game are in English. But the game was published by a company with bad reputation (and not-so-subtly shown the preferences toward TH version at times), Vidphone prices are absolute shit, costume augs is a thing, and the translation might out you off if you're the one that appreciate proper translation.
- JP has bigger content, larger fanbase, friendlier vidphone prices, and handled by the franchise creator themselves. But the game are not 100% translated due to the fact that the game are fan-translated, and be prepared to be shunned by JP players.

Z-0
Feb 12, 2016, 04:01 AM
To be completely fair I miss doing TACO everyday because it gave me something to do that was a little more interesting than run in circles. Also you're high if you think 200K lets you buy all the new outfits. The ones people want have been millions for ages (and the layered wear system has made it even more expensive).

Also maybe it's just me but I don't think JP is automatically more fun/enjoyable because it's further along update-wise. I think previous times were much better (such as VHAQ days or mass TD/Magatsu days). I'd actually argue the game is far less interesting now than it has been in the past because of the frequent updates and how fucked up they've made the game, since updating is more important than balancing the game out (I don't just mean class balance, I mean everything).

NephyrisX
Feb 12, 2016, 04:40 AM
I get the feeling that just playing the SEA server = Get ridiculed.

wefwq
Feb 12, 2016, 04:45 AM
I get the feeling that just playing the SEA server = Get ridiculed.
That's because people think that
JP = spring water
AS = muddy water
If you blindly picked AS server, mean that you prefer to drink muddy water. <<< disgusting, i would mock you all day long too.
Which most people would think that, you prefer to choose the "inferior version" when you can pick the more superior one.

Try to post on asiasoft-controlled forum and you'll get different answer.

Zeroem
Feb 12, 2016, 05:02 AM
Try to post on asiasoft-controlled forum and you'll get different answer.

The funny thing about this sentence, is that AS barely has any presence in their own forum.
90% of people that posting there on the forum openly insult AS without any repercussions :v

......That sentence might be the truth if we're talking about TH forum tho (you know, since AS' headquarters are in TH)

NoobSpectre
Feb 12, 2016, 05:41 AM

Wrong statement, I would say its almost whole opposite of situation.

People do whine at AS for all problems initially. Then after people start linking all servers, that realized that content release problem is SEGA's fault. makes no sense to blame publisher when clearly other server is getting the same treatment which is from different publishers. Not that this is the only game that gets the treatment (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BadExportForYou).

If its about schedule and campaign reward delay issues, then its definitely AS fault, because they are the one organizing it. If people are blaming SEGA because of these issues, please SS it so that I can see who are those dummies.

If theres 1000 reason why people should migrate, then there's also 1000 reason why people decide stay put. The way of people blacklisting and condemn newcomers as leechers probably didn't help.

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2016, 05:42 AM
I think PSO2 has always been kinda shitty content-wise. Sure, you can make nice looking characters.
But there still isn't much you can do with them. I think a lot of people (including myself) still spend most of our PSO2 time just standing around waiting for EQs.
I've said this a billion times: they need to add more gameplay modes that don't revolve around farming some goddamn reward, and aren't limited by some fk'n capsules or passes or EQ schedule or what.

Stuff like solo XQ is great, but then they screw it up with stupid stage orders like "avoid Nyau for ages", and require 5 passes and limit the amount of times you can do it per week.
It's like everytime they come up with a good idea (or outfit), they intentionally brainstorm a bunch of ways to ruin it.
They've been doing this for years, and haven't really improved. If you ask me, it's intentional.

Z-0
Feb 12, 2016, 07:24 AM
Gameplay modes around farming a reward is perfectly fine, it is PSO after all, they just need to add more depth to what we're actually doing. Running circles around randomly generated maps is not all that fun, especially when some are timeslotted and require us to literally wait to get what we want.

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2016, 10:48 AM
I mean, because SEGA makes the game modes primarily with the reward in mind, they don't really care about making it more interesting (ie. having depth).
It's also why they keep dripfeeding like one new game mode per many months and expect everyone to do the same damn thing for half a year. Need variation, thx.

Personally, I very much prefer to be earning rewards as I'm busy enjoy the game, not feel like I'm going out of my way to do boring crap for a reward.
The latter is more like work than play.

Lately, I've been playing games with non-randomized maps (eg. Bloodborne) and it feels so much better to have these meaningful static locations, instead of randomized whatever.
The moment I tried Bloodborne's procedurally generated Chalice Dungeons, I was bored out of my mind.