PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the new free character slot.

LinkKD
Feb 12, 2016, 01:55 AM
So

Wanted to know if anyone here would have a sure answer for this. Considering someone already had 3+ characters before the EP4 release and then got the new free character slot, if this person creates a character with this free character slot, then deletes said character, would they keep their free character slot? Could they create another character?

Given the way paid characters work, this is a really confusing thought for me so, has anyone actually tested this?

PokeminMaster
Feb 12, 2016, 01:55 AM
No, you would have to get down to 2 characters before having the option to make a new one

Qualia
Feb 12, 2016, 02:07 AM
Characters aren't slots; Basically your "free slot" is just a free character creation. Once you delete the character, they're gone and you cannot make another one without paying.

Saelix
Feb 12, 2016, 02:50 AM
Ignore the ignorant morons,we have 3 character slots the ones you buy with AC are character creations,if you delete a character on a character slot you can re use it.

Rehal
Feb 12, 2016, 03:08 AM
Ignore the ignorant morons,we have 3 character slots the ones you buy with AC are character creations,if you delete a character on a character slot you can re use it.

There is no such thing as "character slot", the game recognizes how many character you have and that's it. If your # character is below 3 now then you can create another one freely. If you had 3 or more characters before EP4 hit then you got an invisible character creation ticket that allows you to create one extra character, you'll need to delete 2 characters after making the 4th to remake another one.

Anduril
Feb 12, 2016, 03:10 AM
If you are implying that any character created with a "free" slot automatically allows you to make a character again if it is deleted, you are incorrect. For example, because I have seven characters, if I delete Kayla (my first character), I would not get her slot back (even though I made her for free) and would have to pay the AC to create a new seventh character. After you use the free creation, you only get a chance to make a character for free after you have less than three.

jooozek
Feb 12, 2016, 06:24 AM

are you going to compensate the damage caused? :wacko:

TaigaUC
Feb 12, 2016, 10:43 AM
SEGA said "for those who already have 3 characters, they will receive a free character slot TICKET."
That means if you have 3 and use that free ticket, then delete the character on the 4th slot, you will lose it and have to get another ticket.

In other words, only the first 3 character slots are considered free.
Anything above that will require a new character slot ticket if deleted.

There was confusion over this for episode 2, and a lot of people got screwed because they didn't understand how it worked.
It'd be extra confusing if SEGA suddenly decided to change how their free slot works for episode 4.

Qualia
Feb 12, 2016, 03:18 PM
Ignore the ignorant morons

Lol fam..

dr apocalipsis
Feb 12, 2016, 03:20 PM
I have redone the free character we got back when Dewman was released several times.

Apparently, some people that bought characters with AC lost their free character, but that doesn't happen if you are a cheap player :wacko:

jooozek
Feb 12, 2016, 03:21 PM
I have redone the free character we got back when Dewman was released several times.

Apparently, some people that bought characters with AC lost their free character, but that doesn't happen if you are a cheap player :wacko:

if you had only 1 char at that point, yes, you could do it any number of items as long as you didn't have more than 1 character, now for ep4 swap that 1 to 2

Kichi
Feb 12, 2016, 03:31 PM
SUMMARY:
You can have 3 characters without paying anything, as of EP4.

If you have 3 characters, and make a 4th, you do so by buying a 1-time character creation ticket.

After that, deleting ANY of your 4 characters (Even the first one you made) just means you deleted that character. If you want to make a new one to replace them, you'll have to get another Character Creation ticket.

If you then deleted 1 of the remaining 3 characters, you COULD make a character to replace that one, since you are allowed to have 3 characters for free.

If you already had 3 characters before EP4, they gave you a free character creation ticket, meaning you could create a new character without spending AC on this ticket.

If you really wanted two new characters, and didn't like an old one, you could delete an old one of those 3 and recreate them in their free slot, then use the character creation ticket after.

The "free character slots" are not determined by whether a specific character is in them, but rather by an overall count of how many characters you have.

I THINK THAT COVERS EVERYTHING.

ReiRei
Feb 12, 2016, 05:59 PM
Lost my 4th character... Too bad the thread was made after I deleted mine :(

LinkKD
Feb 13, 2016, 12:46 AM
I see.

Thanks for the responses peeps. Imma refrain from remaking my new character then. o/