PDA

View Full Version : easy way to apply translations without using tweaker?

domadoma80
Feb 12, 2016, 06:31 AM
can anyone explain for beginner easy way to add translations without using tweaker

landman
Feb 12, 2016, 06:41 AM
The easy way is tweaker, the complicated way is googling for psumods.

domadoma80
Feb 12, 2016, 06:52 AM

cant use tweaker tried too today reinsitalled the game and tweaker several times it kept crashing after using new method update

arokidaaron
Feb 12, 2016, 06:57 AM
What i did was, install english patches thru tweaker, then used the .bat (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3321059&postcount=15) method. Works well for me.

Dammy
Feb 13, 2016, 01:39 AM

complicated?
download an archive, then extract it to pso2/win32 folder (prolly dif folder for 64 bit)
done

PokeminMaster
Feb 13, 2016, 01:41 AM
complicated?
download an archive, then extract it to pso2/win32 folder (prolly dif folder for 64 bit)
done
granted, it's still more complicated than clicking a button (by comparison)... but yeah this method is still really easy

KazukiQZ
Feb 13, 2016, 11:47 AM
Iirc, it's complicated now due to the vanilla launcher will always redownload original JP files if you apply EN patch(es) the copy-paste-without-using-Tweaker method.

Raid_Hirsh
Feb 13, 2016, 10:12 PM
Iirc, it's complicated now due to the vanilla launcher will always redownload original JP files if you apply EN patch(es) the copy-paste-without-using-Tweaker method.

I just checked the PSUMods English Patch forum, and thread-starter Agrajag still posts information that pertains to the patches. He/she even managed to translate select portions of Episode IV, in addition to the menus for Summoners.

Nevertheless, I was hoping that I'll be able to "copy & paste" the files into the Win32 folder. But if you saying that the stock launcher still replaces the original Japanese files over the English files, then that's truly disappointing to hear. I suppose I'll have to patiently wait until Agrajab finds a way to overcome that security measure.

Ordy
Feb 13, 2016, 11:05 PM
I just checked the PSUMods English Patch forum, and thread-starter Agrajag still posts information that pertains to the patches. He/she even managed to translate select portions of Episode IV, in addition to the menus for Summoners.

Nevertheless, I was hoping that I'll be able to "copy & paste" the files into the Win32 folder. But if you saying that the stock launcher still replaces the original Japanese files over the English files, then that's truly disappointing to hear. I suppose I'll have to patiently wait until Agrajab finds a way to overcome that security measure.

FYI - Agrajag and his staff (Mewn, EspioKaos...) are the people behind the english patch, the tweaker is directly using Agrajag's .rar files to patch the game (minus items and story translation).

Like said in this thread. Copy the files, then start the game directly through pso2.exe:

SET -pso2=+0x01e3f1e9
start pso2.exe +0x33aca2b9 -pso2

It should do the trick.

Zipzo
Feb 13, 2016, 11:19 PM
There was a time before the Tweaker...

For those of us that remember, basically there was a batch of files you just pasted in to the win folder in your PSO2 directory.

You just need to acquire those download batches which you can find at an updated post at PSU mods.

Ordy
Feb 14, 2016, 12:00 AM
It's all here: http://arghlex.net/?page=pso2enpatch

Raid_Hirsh
Feb 14, 2016, 08:45 AM
FYI - Agrajag and his staff (Mewn, EspioKaos...) are the people behind the english patch, the tweaker is directly using Agrajag's .rar files to patch the game (minus items and story translation).

Like said in this thread. Copy the files, then start the game directly through pso2.exe:

SET -pso2=+0x01e3f1e9
start pso2.exe +0x33aca2b9 -pso2

It should do the trick.

Thank you so much, Ordy, for clearing up some misconception and doubts that I had. I just have one more question: How would I boot the game direct via pso2.exe opposed to pso2launcher.exe?

Whenever I double-click pso2.exe -- nothing happens... I'm assuming that code that you provided is the trick to override it? If so, where would I input that code? Via Command Prompt/Power Shell?

Thanks in advance~

jooozek
Feb 14, 2016, 08:56 AM
Thank you so much, Ordy, for clearing up some misconception and doubts that I had. I just have one more question: How would I boot the game direct via pso2.exe opposed to pso2launcher.exe?

Whenever I double-click pso2.exe -- nothing happens... I'm assuming that code that you provided is the trick to override it? If so, where would I input that code? Via Command Prompt/Power Shell?

Thanks in advance~

what they posted was contents of a .bat file, open notepad, paste that in, save as "whateveryouwant.bat", use quotes too, preserves the extension in case you have enabled (which it is by default) hiding extensions of known files and then run the bat

Ordy
Feb 14, 2016, 09:19 AM

Thanks in advance~

What joozek said.

arokidaaron posted the a link for the .bat instructions, you maybe missed it: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3321059&postcount=15