PDA

View Full Version : How can i change resolution to 1080 with tweaker

domadoma80
Feb 13, 2016, 03:42 AM
i keep getting Couldn't find Width3D in user settings. This is OKAY. If you notice your resolution not changing, try resetting your PSO2 Settings to default. If everything works, feel free to ignore this error.

wefwq
Feb 13, 2016, 04:47 AM
Quick Questions? Come here for quick answers! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213385)

That's because you don't have config file yet, or the file missing the line.
Launch the JP launcher first to generate that config file, and then you can change it with tweaker later, or using notepad if you know what are you doing.

Hysteria1987
Feb 13, 2016, 04:57 AM
I believe the Tweaker's trying to modify the Width3D and Height3D in your User.PSO2 file. That said, even with those entries in there, I've never been able to get the Tweaker to modify them itself and, worse, it's sometimes wiped out my settings and replaced it with default stuff.

To do this manually, go to this location (or your operating system's equivalent):

C:\Users\<You>\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYSTARONLINE2

You're looking for a file called user.pso2. Open that up in Notepad and add the following, if these variables aren't already there, or modify them appropriately if they are.

Windows = {
Width3d = 640,
FullScreen = true,
Height = 720,
Height3d = 480,
VirtualFullScreen = false,
ManagedDevice = false,
Width = 1280,
},

Please note that the Windows subtag is directly beneath the Ini tag, it is NOT under another subtag (pretty sure I had it stuck under Config at first and wondered why it didn't work).

Obviously there you would insert your own values as appropriate- I'm on my laptop at the moment so mine are all rather small. VirtualFullScreen and ManagedDevice do not change resolution at all, so you can keep yours as you prefer (though I certainly recommend turning VirtualFullScreen on if you like to play in a maxed-out window).

Also worth noting is this:

Screen = {
InterfaceSize = 0,
MaxScale = 1,
PreferredScale = 1,
ReferenceResolution = {
Y = 720,
X = 1280,
},

Please note that unlike the last subtag, the Screen subtag is under the Config subtag. The important thing to note here is ReferenceResolution - keep these in your same aspect ratio, but if you use larger/smaller values, it will make your HUD appear smaller/larger respectively.

I haven't got it set up properly on my laptop (as you can see the values in Screen match the values in Windows), but on my desktop I have X and Y set to much larger values here to make the HUD appear much smaller- it basically tricks that one particular aspect of the game into thinking I'm playing on a much larger monitor.

Keeps it out the way, to give you more room to look at the actual game instead of cut-in windows, chat logs, PA bars and the like :-)