PDA

View Full Version : Getting back playing RA help

Wrasten
Feb 14, 2016, 04:52 AM
Hi guys,
sorry to make another thread for asking some updated tips, but the main ones are a little dispersive for a novice like me, plus I haven't been playing for a whole year due broken wifi card and universitary exams. :D

Basically I ended up screwing my skill trees while trying to play a (male cast) Ra/Gu and then a Ra/Br, but luckyly I recived a skill reset item during the last update so, before trying to getting back in game again I wanted to ask a good skill chart.

I think I need to rebuild everything from scratch so, for sure I will want to play the RA class since is the class I always played in every PS game, I were lv 53-54 the last time I remember.

For the subclass I have no idea, but for sure I will want a complessive build ideal for any situation, be it a boss map or time attack or whatever, but this thime I want something that IS really strong to actually play a significant role in fights and deal high damage (and why not, maybe soloing as well, that would be great).

That would be great if I had a central RA tree to combine with different subclasses but it is better to her what do experienced players know.

Selphea
Feb 14, 2016, 05:26 AM
ReverseSeraf's Ra/Hu build (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11dSbxIobxImbxIobxImbxImbxImbxImbxIm bxIofda0dodBIbl2IbiNGAqnIdJksNI20000006doIn0000000 jdoboIbIdboInGOcFfdKJIdK00000jdo0000000Io00000000i oIn00000000IbIo0000000jdoIb0000000lo000000j) is still relevant even after a year. Only thing is to consider getting the new skill, Keep Roll Shoot.

Ranger doesn't really subclass anything other than Hunter nowadays, except maaaybe Fighter in quests where positioning is very easy.

escarlata
Feb 14, 2016, 05:30 AM
Ranger doesn't really subclass anything other than Hunter nowadays, except maaaybe Fighter in quests where positioning is very easy.
And braver too for taco but that is very niche as well.

Wrasten
Feb 14, 2016, 05:52 AM
Oh, I see, thank you both for the tips, if I remember correctly Ra+Hu = Tanky and big damage, then which weapons will I have to prefer?

Just rifles and cannons?

Edit: I hope to meet you guys on ship 2 on random play sessions between my studies.

escarlata
Feb 14, 2016, 06:23 AM
Gunslashes are good to have too

TaigaUC
Feb 14, 2016, 11:37 AM
Why is Braver sub better for TACOs? For the guaranteed placement headshots?
Or Guren Tessen/Katana Combat? Or both?

Selphea
Feb 14, 2016, 11:45 AM
For non-JAed First Hitting and all of the above I think.

escarlata
Feb 14, 2016, 05:14 PM
Why is Braver sub better for TACOs? For the guaranteed placement headshots?
Or Guren Tessen/Katana Combat? Or both?
All of the above, plus non-JA First Hit, and normal attacks with launcher and bow with Attack Advance
This (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpgi0FNDhrQ) is a good example

Wrasten
Feb 20, 2016, 05:17 PM
Can I have the sub build for the Br as well?
:D

escarlata
Feb 20, 2016, 07:53 PM
This (http://arks-layer.com/skillsim/skillcalc.php?11bAbxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIobxIo bxIo0jdodBIb000000000doIn0000000jdoib0000000fdo000 0000Io00000000ioIn00000000IbdB4NcAIsr2rFcKrKln0000 0jdoIb0000000lo000000j) is the standard build, but I believe the build in the video has 10 into Average Stance instead of RAtk up.

Wrasten
Feb 28, 2016, 05:15 AM
I've succesfully reached Ra 55/ Hu 47 and been following your advice.
I also made a friend of mine getting into the game with it.

For the rifle/launcher my friends told me to get a Red set, and a Hiei armor set.
Are those viable for the cap level?

(Following a guide on PSO forum I should change the armor if possible)

Which affixes should we aim for? (Never affixed before :-? )

Dephinix
Feb 28, 2016, 06:04 AM

For the rifle/launcher my friends told me to get a Red set, and a Hiei armor set.

For now, yes, just use that. As for Affixes, I can't properly answer now, but will get back to you if no one else does tomorrow!

escarlata
Feb 28, 2016, 10:39 AM

Ex13 pot1 Red is good enough until you get 13*
PP crafted Hiei (or 1 HP 2 PP craft) is good until Saiki, Ideal or Kaiser+Orbit
Tian set gives 30 more RAtk than Hiei, but is significantly more expensive to affix, so I would say just stick with Hiei.
As for affixing, Selphea does have a guide on that:
http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/

Wrasten
Feb 28, 2016, 03:20 PM
PP crafted Hiei (or 1 HP 2 PP craft) is good until Saiki, Ideal or Kaiser+Orbit

What is the difference between those 3 final sets? Which is the cheapest?

escarlata
Feb 28, 2016, 05:47 PM
Saiki gives the most PP by far, Kaiser + Orbit gives the highest RAtk on Launcher (if you use Orbit Launcher, which you should), Ideal gives the highest RAtk for Rifle if you use Ideal Rifle.
Cost wise, you can get Saiki and Kaiser during bonus quests, Orbit is obtainable from Zieg, Ideal from CM

Flaoc
Feb 28, 2016, 06:14 PM
or basically saiki master race (seriously get saiki and craft it)

Ordy
Feb 29, 2016, 08:03 AM
There's Austere rear|arm+Oribt leg set too, for richfags.

Wrasten
Feb 29, 2016, 01:20 PM
Many thanks to everyone for this quick summary of the updated Ra play.^^

Since we're at it, I'll ask even the PA's, as I heard many times of nerfed and remodeled ones.

So, for the rifle and launcher is there any must-have or OP art?

We never used bows and katanas (Ra/Br for TACO), what do we use?

xxtrabeast
Feb 29, 2016, 02:04 PM
For rifle I have every PA on a palette except Grenade Shell and just switch as needed. For launcher I have 2 palettes that include Crafted Divine Launcher, Cluster Bullet, Cosmos Breaker, Zero Distance, Rodeo Drive, and Concentrate One.

Ordy
Feb 29, 2016, 03:53 PM

Rifle:
My main bossing palette: One Point, End Attraction, Satellite Cannon
My DF Double palette: One Point, Impact Slider, Parallel Slider
My PD/DF Elder, Luther palette: One Point, End Attraction, Piercing Shell

Occasionally use Diffuse Shell.

Launcher:
My 1st palette: Cluster Bullet, Divine Launcher, Cosmos Breaker
My 2nd palette: Cluster Bullet, Divine Launcher, either Zero Distance or Rodeo Drive (based on map and difficulty).
My UQ_MPA_has_shit_damage_Anga_always_AR_resist palette: Sphere Eraser, Divine Launcher, Cosmos Breaker

You can ignore Cracker Bullet, Fake Silhouette, Flame Bullet... these 3 really need a rework imo (SEGA, more PA crafts plz).

You shouldn't have one and only setup, always change your palettes according to the situation. Over time, you will learn to identify the best PA for the best situation.

escarlata
Feb 29, 2016, 05:33 PM
Almost every rifle PA is useful for something, except Grenade shell

Personally I use 2 rifle palette: 1 for kiting and 1 for DPS
Rifle #1: One Point (or Sneak Shooter), Impact Slider, Parallel Slider (or Diffuse Shell)
Rifle #2: End Attract, Satellite Cannon, Piercing Shell (or Sneak Shooter/Diffuse Shell; this slot is for JA circle while keeping Standing Snipe)
PA in palette 1 is swapped very frequently, but palette 2 is mostly unchanged. The normal rifle gameplay is just to use palette 1 until there is an opening, then swap to palette 2 and see big numbers.

Launcher: Cluster Bullet, Cosmo Breaker (Or Zero Distance), Crafted Divine Launcher
Launcher is simpler because the only other possibly useful PA are Rodeo Drive (for TACO) and Sphere Eraser (for Anga when it resist Rifle, and the MPA has no other WBer so you cant just swap to GS for Kreisenschlag)

We never used bows and katanas (Ra/Br for TACO), what do we use?
TACO with x/Br or Br/x is mainly just Guren dash, using KCF at correct times, and Banish combo at boss; easiest way to learn is through videos because TACO is entirely about doing the right thing at the right time.

Wrasten
Mar 6, 2016, 04:37 AM
I actually found something missing :-D

For the mag, how do we feed it and what abilities should we put in it?

For the time being I personally just kept giving him launchers and rifles and now is lv 160-ish.

Dephinix
Mar 6, 2016, 04:42 AM
I actually found something missing :-D

For the mag, how do we feed it and what abilities should we put in it?

For the time being I personally just kept giving him launchers and rifles and now is lv 160-ish.

5 star rarity furniture(almost everywhere in quests) will drop dexterity and increase R atk. So any r atk weapons 9 star or below and those 5 star furniture items. Unless something new and amazing came out recently. As for abilities, no clue. Unless it's pp restore, I never want anything and never feed my mag anyways. The bitch can starve.

Weiss9029
Mar 6, 2016, 05:26 PM
Not to go off topic but how was that person in the TA video swapping weapon camos so fast? they were changing from the Sword of promised victory to the CM shield katana, and the Fake Spiral Sword bow camo.

I know about the chat commands to swap it, but I dont remember being able to bind them to the numpad with the weapon change working too

Charmeleon
Mar 6, 2016, 08:14 PM
Not to go off topic but how was that person in the TA video swapping weapon camos so fast? they were changing from the Sword of promised victory to the CM shield katana, and the Fake Spiral Sword bow camo.

I know about the chat commands to swap it, but I dont remember being able to bind them to the numpad with the weapon change working too

You can swap camo and weapon palette at the same time with a single chat command by putting one command after the other. So it'd look something like "/cmf *CamoName /mpal1"

Wrasten
Mar 7, 2016, 04:38 PM
Saiki gives the most PP by far, Kaiser + Orbit gives the highest RAtk on Launcher (if you use Orbit Launcher, which you should), Ideal gives the highest RAtk for Rifle if you use Ideal Rifle.
Cost wise, you can get Saiki and Kaiser during bonus quests, Orbit is obtainable from Zieg, Ideal from CM

Ok, today I officially hit lv 60 in Ra (49 in Hu) so I wanted to be certain of the weapons I should get for my endgame.

From this post I assume Orbit launcher and Ideal rifle are the ones I should go for... Even if I get Saiki as armor set?

escarlata
Mar 7, 2016, 06:22 PM
Orbit is the best Launcher by far.
The post implied that Ideal unit set is viable if you use Ideal Rifle, but Ideal Rifle is no longer the -ahem- ideal rifle to go for. It is still very good most of the time but Austere, Skull and Ares are more versatile because rifles do have some uses outside of bosses

Wrasten
Apr 6, 2016, 10:06 AM
Seems like I got two saiki pieces from the exp-monster in Tokyo but... I wonder which element should I opt for my final build.

Also which affixes?