PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Forever Alone in PSO2?

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 15, 2016, 09:23 AM
So I've been on and off since the beta, and over the course of my experience, I've come to know, albeit briefly, quite a few people in pso.
Unfortunately, real world commitments/player burn out/etc cause these relationships to go up in smoke and every time I come back, I'm essentially starting from scratch when it comes to having friends and acquaintances in game.
However, making friends this time around seems to be far more difficult than ever.
I'm always playing with an open party, but of the few who will join up, even fewer have anything to say.
I understand that most people playing are speaking solely in team chat nowadays, but the general silence among the English community (that I've encountered [not including b01 noise]) is really starting to get to me.

What I'm looking for are people who want to enjoy the end-game content, but are also willing to use their words, even if only for small talk.
When it comes to chat, I'm pretty much down for whatever.
I used to roleplay a lot back in the day too, so I'm no slouch when it comes to in character shenanigans, and have been looking for a chance to try in pso2.

In the field, I'm not the best player in the world, and my gear is passable at best, but I put in a lot of effort to make sure that I'm not holding the group back.
Following the meta can be rough at times, but I try to keep my skill trees optimised, too.

If my rambling has piqued your interest, please send me a PM or a reply.
I'd love to meet new friends and play this game the way it was intended, because Phantasy Solo Online is killing my feels.

tl;dr looking for friends who will be more than just names on a list

SilkaN
Feb 15, 2016, 09:41 AM
So I've been on and off since the beta, and over the course of my experience, I've come to know, albeit briefly, quite a few people in pso.
Unfortunately, real world commitments/player burn out/etc cause these relationships to go up in smoke and every time I come back, I'm essentially starting from scratch when it comes to having friends and acquaintances in game.
However, making friends this time around seems to be far more difficult than ever.
I'm always playing with an open party, but of the few who will join up, even fewer have anything to say.
I understand that most people playing are speaking solely in team chat nowadays, but the general silence among the English community (that I've encountered [not including b01 noise]) is really starting to get to me.

What I'm looking for are people who want to enjoy the end-game content, but are also willing to use their words, even if only for small talk.
When it comes to chat, I'm pretty much down for whatever.
I used to roleplay a lot back in the day too, so I'm no slouch when it comes to in character shenanigans, and have been looking for a chance to try in pso2.

In the field, I'm not the best player in the world, and my gear is passable at best, but I put in a lot of effort to make sure that I'm not holding the group back.
Following the meta can be rough at times, but I try to keep my skill trees optimised, too.

If my rambling has piqued your interest, please send me a PM or a reply.
I'd love to meet new friends and play this game the way it was intended, because Phantasy Solo Online is killing my feels.

tl;dr looking for friends who will be more than just names on a list

For posts like these, we have this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) forum section.

Most of the time when creating a party, EN players will either spam PAs in the campship or be tabbed out until EQ begins. It's something that can't be changed, so I try to simply not pay attention to it. As for the lobbies, if it's murrican prime time, you can see plenty of EN players talk in the lobby. During this time I'm usually sleeping, so I don't know about XH blocks, but when I was leveling my subclass on SH blocks, people were talking a lot.
As far as I know, people try to avoid talking English in the lobbies out of politeness towards the JP players. But I've also seen tons of JPs talking openly in the lobby (some of them even visit - you won't believe it - the feared B01).

And if you are willing to ignore the prejudices, try B01.
Sure, there are a lot of ignorant shitheads and trolls wasting their precious time on that block, but there are also enough decently geared people who don't mind chatting and doing fun / silly stuff.

Anyway, you can PM me if you want. There's no silence in the party chat when you're playing with me. :quickdraw:

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 15, 2016, 09:51 AM
For posts like these, we have this (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=18) forum section.
I thought we weren't supposed to use that section anymore... ^^'

Anyway, you can PM me if you want. There's no silence in the party chat when you're playing with me. :quickdraw:
Will do~
I'm going to be super busy until the weekend, though, so can't play until then.

SilkaN
Feb 15, 2016, 09:55 AM

Oh really? My fault then, I mostly visit this forum for the fashion thread and the people that insult each other in gameplay-related threads.

Will do~

Sure, no problem. Just send me a PM with your ingame ID.

Flaoc
Feb 15, 2016, 10:08 AM
and the people that insult each other in gameplay-related threads.

:D :wacko:

Zorafim
Feb 15, 2016, 10:25 AM
I mostly visit this forum for ... the people that insult each other in gameplay-related threads.

Among other places!

Z-0
Feb 15, 2016, 10:50 AM
That being said though, it is an issue in PSO2 that you can't really... look for players to play with properly. While there are social hubs such as B1 (EN) and B201 (JP), I couldn't say that I'd actually want to play with any of those people because I'm more interested in the game mechanically than socially when actually playing it.

Of course for normal content (such as CM, UQs, AQs), you can just make open parties and advertise in the description what you're looking for, but people have to actually be actively looking for the same type of game as you, which almost never happens anymore since the majority just play the Emergencies (and anyone who is playing other content usually just bugs friendlists).

I think it would be great if SEGA would implement some sort of microblog system, where people can advertise if they're hosting games and what kind of players they're looking for, so it'd be easier to actually connect with the players you really want to play with. I have an extensive social circle of people I'd want to play with, but I can't exactly say making it was simple, it was always through a person somebody else knew or other similar situations, not from meeting people directly.

ZerotakerZX
Feb 15, 2016, 10:52 AM
Join a team that uses voice communications, that was a solution for me. Discord thread might help you too.
If you don't want to have extra attention to your female voice you can be a listener most of the time, it worked okay for me.
Anyway, you can try and sync with me, even tho I'm not playing all that much these days.

TaigaUC
Feb 15, 2016, 01:56 PM
I think I met all of my ingame friends from exchanging GJs for my friend partners.
Some of them will just start chatting after a while.

That being said though, it is an issue in PSO2 that you can't really... look for players to play with properly.

I did say that before :/

Anyway, I agree.

HentaiLolicon
Feb 15, 2016, 02:46 PM
leave your ID here, I'll find you.....
soon

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 15, 2016, 03:04 PM
Mostly is the problem that in the end, people only play for themselves rather than playing with people, and it grows even worse the furthest you are in end game.

I remember when I've started the game I met a lot of people and played with a lot of people, but as months passed, I found myself playing mostly alone, to the point that I'm always playing solo except EQ (which I try to join an organized MPA) or TA (because it's annoying doing solo TA for me, although I did that lots of times already).

Just that I don't really see much point in sociabilizing in this game, considering most content in the game is easily soloable, or don't need to sociabilize with the others and just stick to your job in TA/EQ.

Besides, people can't really follow my rhythm when playing due to among other things, I have my TA and XQ times scheduled.

Btw I've been in a lot of teams, but at this point I'm not even looking for friends, the only benefit for me in a team is for MPAs and people for TA (and most of the time both are unreliable unless I move to more hardcore teams which I don't really want)

Azure Falcon
Feb 15, 2016, 05:09 PM
That being said though, it is an issue in PSO2 that you can't really... look for players to play with properly.

Totally. I mean I've been playing the game completely solo for over a year since the people I used to play with quit, but this last week in particular has been super frustrating since I want to run XH Tokyo for stones farming but there is no way to find other people also looking to join that MPA. Particularly if you're not in a team.

The dream would be that they add a ship-wide matchmaking system (like you'd find in most console FPS games) so you can set a quest you want to play and it pulls everyone together when enough others are found. But this is PSO2, run by Sega. That kind of black magic won't ever happen.

jooozek
Feb 15, 2016, 05:13 PM
matchmaking wouldn't make them money like the ability to squeeze in with premium in the nonpeasant blocks during scheduled EQs does :wacko: some camp blocks like for a launch of a game in 1998 :wacko:

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 15, 2016, 05:19 PM
Totally. I mean I've been playing the game completely solo for over a year since the people I used to play with quit, but this last week in particular has been super frustrating since I want to run XH Tokyo for stones farming but there is no way to find other people also looking to join that MPA. Particularly if you're not in a team.

Team don't help you either in that case, since everyone is spamming LQ lately and forming a group of 12 is pretty hard (teams barely manage to get a party of 4 for AQs and TAs even)

EvilMag
Feb 15, 2016, 05:21 PM
jooozek fucking hit the nail on the head. This fucking block system is the biggest reason why you can't find people to play. I also feel like the reason why Free fields and Ultimate are always dead.

Zorafim
Feb 15, 2016, 05:40 PM
jooozek fucking hit the nail on the head. This fucking block system is the biggest reason why you can't find people to play. I also feel like the reason why Free fields and Ultimate are always dead.

I think it was the major contributing factor of why I stopped playing. In order to do anything, I needed to find a party to do it with. But I had to go from block to block to find a group, and often they would be either locked or separated. So just to play a game, I had to spend the better part of an hour searching for the ability to play it.

Z-0
Feb 15, 2016, 05:41 PM
The block system would be fine if it wasn't for the EQ system (since the blocks have recommendations), since as joozek said, people gotta camp the highest blocks for emergencies and will just play everything there.

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 15, 2016, 05:43 PM
The block system would be fine if it wasn't for the EQ system (since the blocks have recommendations), since as joozek said, people gotta camp the highest blocks for emergencies and will just play everything there.

The EQ camping was why I stopped playing last time. Even with premium, I couldn't get to a block without being there an hour before the scheduled event. Such a glorious waste of money...

jooozek
Feb 15, 2016, 06:00 PM
peasant space doesn't open up till premium space runs out, as long as you have premium you still have a chance to squeeze in, without premium it's practically impossible :wacko:

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 15, 2016, 06:12 PM
I think it was the major contributing factor of why I stopped playing. In order to do anything, I needed to find a party to do it with. But I had to go from block to block to find a group, and often they would be either locked or separated. So just to play a game, I had to spend the better part of an hour searching for the ability to play it.

You can pretty much scout other blocks with the "Join party from another block" in less than a minute for that.

Doesn't guaranteee a party available for the quest you want though, but makes life much easier

NightfallG
Feb 15, 2016, 08:34 PM
The major roadblocks are the block system (as has already been judiciously pointed out) and the fact that many, many EN players stay silent because really, risking 816 because some net uyoku decided to Wicked Player your ass ain't that great no matter how rare an occurrence it may be.

Konquer
Feb 15, 2016, 08:45 PM
the fact that many, many EN players stay silent because really, risking 816 because some net uyoku decided to Wicked Player your ass ain't that great no matter how rare an occurrence it may be.

happened to quite a few i knew

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 15, 2016, 09:52 PM
I understand that people don't want to use the local channel. Hell, I rarely do. But there's silence even in party chat between Eng players.

Shirai
Feb 15, 2016, 09:55 PM
We all just can't get along.

:(

vbetts
Feb 15, 2016, 10:01 PM
I have a couple players I play with, but mostly I play on my own. EQ's, AM, EM, I usually just play my own and join as a party or or as a participant. TA I play with friends. It's not hard to play on your own, actually pretty easy I would say.

BIG OLAF
Feb 15, 2016, 10:05 PM
We all just can't get along.

:(

I honestly wish more people would get along. I know the me from, like, two years ago, would spit in my face and call me gay for suggesting that, but it's true.

I used to hate just about everyone on this site (and all over the internet) for some reason or another, but now I really just want to be friends with everyone. There's no reason to be mean to people; I've learned that over the past year or so. There's no time for the pettiness and silliness l used to employ.

I need a larger pool of PSO2 buddies anyway now that I'm (trying) to play again, so anyone feel free to ask.

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 15, 2016, 10:09 PM
I have a couple players I play with, but mostly I play on my own. EQ's, AM, EM, I usually just play my own and join as a party or or as a participant. TA I play with friends. It's not hard to play on your own, actually pretty easy I would say.

I've played on my own for too long. Easy content or otherwise, it's the biggest contributer to me burning out. Besides, if I wanted to play something solo, there are far better single player experiences elsewhere.

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 15, 2016, 10:11 PM
I honestly wish more people would get along. I know the me from, like, two years ago, would spit in my face and call me gay for suggesting that, but it's true.

I used to hate just about everyone on this site (and all over the internet) for some reason or another, but now I really just want to be friends with everyone. There's no reason to be mean to people; I've learned that over the past year or so. There's no time for the pettiness and silliness l used to employ.

I need a larger pool of PSO2 buddies anyway now that I'm (trying) to play again, so anyone feel free to ask.

Can we meet up in game some time?

Zeroem
Feb 15, 2016, 10:11 PM
I think the game itself made people go down this route.

Putting aside block system (someone already explained it better than I am); looking at the current state of the game (EQ Star Online 2, Phantasy Stone Online 2, or whatever fancy nickname people used to call PSO2 these days), it's really hard to just idly sit on the game and chatting. Unless you're already well-equipped.....or underestimating the game (really hard to pick a nice word for these type of people ._. ).

On one side, it's kinda good that people become more focused toward the game mechanics, but as a downside people become less social-able.
This LQ's existence (along with Xie's shop) at least put almost 60% of the campers on the field, instead of just dancing in the lobby.

Other than that, it's also out of respect toward the intended 'citizens' of PSO2. And also avoid unwelcome error such 816.
Not to add the prejudice that hit Ship 2, especially toward EN players.

Though, if you joined IRC chat on proxy, you shouldn't ran out of topics to speak off.
Not to add that that place is rather good for asking game-related questions.

BIG OLAF
Feb 15, 2016, 10:17 PM
Can we meet up in game some time?

We sure can. Time zones may make it difficult, but I'd be glad to.

Zorua
Feb 15, 2016, 10:18 PM
Normally, I'd say something along the lines of "Come on down to my ship if you're willing to start over," but my team's been a bit inactive lately, myself included, because of life getting in the way and people getting bored of the current state of the game.

Aine
Feb 15, 2016, 10:32 PM
Most players, when first starting out the game, have no inhibitions throwing friend requests around to people they meet for the first time, and some of these friendships stick. There comes a point though when you start to get self-conscious and it feels awkward throwing a random friend request to strangers.

If you've built up a network by that time, congratulations. If not, you need to do some networking the good old way through mutual acquaintances.

Selphea
Feb 15, 2016, 10:56 PM
Hi :3 Looks like we're in a similar timezone. My player name is in my sig so feel free to add me. There's also places like Tai's and Zyn's Discord if you're looking for places to chat. Just PM me for an invite.

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 15, 2016, 11:14 PM
Hi :3 Looks like we're in a similar timezone. My player name is in my sig so feel free to add me. There's also places like Tai's and Zyn's Discord if you're looking for places to chat. Just PM me for an invite.

Will do~
I won't be able to get online until the weekend, but I'll send an add as soon as I'm able. :3

Flaoc
Feb 15, 2016, 11:27 PM
Most players, when first starting out the game, have no inhibitions throwing friend requests around to people they meet for the first time, and some of these friendships stick. There comes a point though when you start to get self-conscious and it feels awkward throwing a random friend request to strangers.

If you've built up a network by that time, congratulations. If not, you need to do some networking the good old way through mutual acquaintances.

pretty much this.. shit i even find it hard to send requests to teammates i actually like let alone someone i just met or played with or talked to for a small bit

Stealthcmc1974
Feb 15, 2016, 11:33 PM

Seems like I'm not the only one coming back into the fray. I'm on every so often these days, its just school and work can make it hard sometimes. That being said, still would love to play with actual friends.

Hysteria1987
Feb 16, 2016, 12:17 AM
Ooh another Australian, how exciting :p

My in-game user thingy is Brian May (I made my user ID correctly in the closed beta and the open beta, but nooo, I had to guess I was putting in a secret question answer for the real deal), feel free to give me a yell sometime- and that goes for any of you.

I tend to play quite a bit, but in relatively short bursts. I'll be online in about an hour from now when I get off work, for about an hour. Will most likely be on Tian or Brick.

Keilyn
Feb 16, 2016, 12:24 AM
I am open to being friends with anyone in ship 02, so as long as its not "Friendship by association" as I like to actually get to know people. I am in my 30s and prefer people who are not too gung-ho about being elitist pricks.

If I wanted to make the BEST BUILD in the game...its as easy as just cloning what I see everywhere, but I try to see what I can get away with. Like the fashion, the peculiar, and sometimes... I just admire the bullshit some classes have. ^_^

Zipzo
Feb 16, 2016, 01:55 AM
Those of you worried about speaking because of getting a "random" 816 error?

Stop it.

You aren't going to get banned for speaking English, and anyone who has told you they have, or anyone you think was, wasn't. That would put bilinguals in a pretty awkward spot. Many Japanese citizens aren't even Japanese or don't speak Japanese as a primarily language, it's the same as america. Japan isn't a massive melting pot on america's level, but there is still plenty of variety. What you're assuming here is on the same level of if an american MMO publisher decided to ban anyone who spoke Spanish. How do you think that would work out? You think that they'd assume because they speak a different language they aren't a national?

No, they don't make stupid idiotic assumptions like that because it's illogical.

You aren't going to get banned for speaking English. That'd put people like me in a weird spot, for example, I play with and primarily speak to English speaking players, but I live in Japan, pay my taxes and have no illegitimate information within my account. It's all real.

Don't believe stupid things.

GameGeeks
Feb 16, 2016, 02:09 AM
I'm willing to add and play with anyone. Been playing with a friend I joined the game with. I live in the US but on early in the afternoon. Can't do endgame yet but willing to play with or talk to anyone. Username is same as here, char is Anri.

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 16, 2016, 03:12 AM

Stop it.

You aren't going to get banned for speaking English, and anyone who has told you they have, or anyone you think was, wasn't. That would put bilinguals in a pretty awkward spot. Many Japanese citizens aren't even Japanese or don't speak Japanese as a primarily language, it's the same as america. Japan isn't a massive melting pot on america's level, but there is still plenty of variety. What you're assuming here is on the same level of if an american MMO publisher decided to ban anyone who spoke Spanish. How do you think that would work out? You think that they'd assume because they speak a different language they aren't a national?

No, they don't make stupid idiotic assumptions like that because it's illogical.

You aren't going to get banned for speaking English. That'd put people like me in a weird spot, for example, I play with and primarily speak to English speaking players, but I live in Japan, pay my taxes and have no illegitimate information within my account. It's all real.

They don't ban people for english speak, but players that use english patch are being reported in 2ch with actual screens.

Just don't post screenshots with english patches applied in other public media (facebook, twitter) unless you want to raise flags for 816

NightfallG
Feb 16, 2016, 03:33 AM
Exactly, and from what I've seen, those 2ch threads orchestrate mass Wicked Player report bombing.

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 05:22 AM

Stop it.

yeah, i'd believe you but having first contact experience with their support and how they handled me what i can say for sure is that if something happens to your account and you aren't a native speaker/live in japan you are pretty much fucked, i didn't get 816, instead my account is in perma 606 mode whatever that means, lost 3 years of gameplay, thanks sega :wacko:

steverowland
Feb 16, 2016, 05:32 AM
i didn't get 816, instead my account is in perma 606 mode whatever that means
I think that just mean your whole area or IP range (country or provider etc) is banned, try using a proxy or vpn.

_____

As for good ways to find friends, scout a cute girl character you like the looks of and appears to care about their visual side, try to see if they have open arks card and get the ID, go to their room if its unlocked and then "report" yourself as a pantsu thief in their room, they will come running to protect their precious pantsu and you can make a friend like that~

Works about 70% of the time, some people let their pantsu get stolen though but in that case you get free pantsu, there are some 13* ones that are pretty nice~

Mio
Feb 16, 2016, 05:34 AM
Actually I have your same "Forver Alone Issue" and that's making me stick to the game hard. So I just log in now and then, do some TAs, or other missions solo, then stop playing...

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 05:35 AM
I think that just mean your whole area or IP range (country or provider etc) is banned, try using a proxy or vpn.

it's not though, it's an account error, not connection - i'm playing just fine with other accounts :yes:

NightfallG
Feb 16, 2016, 05:41 AM
I think that just mean your whole area or IP range (country or provider etc) is banned

816 is "this account has been locked due to suspicious activity, please contact support". It's largely automated, but I believe WP reports can cause an 816 ban.

Technically speaking, the ban's temporary, but I figure they've been able to suss out the boilerplate message most EN players use at this point. i.e. It's a crap shoot and it's increasingly likely you're going to stay 816'd.

E: I guess think of it like a Facebook "this account's been compromised" suspension.

Iduno
Feb 16, 2016, 07:03 AM
Eh, I'm still paranoid about speaking English anywhere but party chat and team chat or even joining a party that isn't obviously English speaking but I've got a mate who has all his autowords set, all in English since 2013 and he's still around, on ship 10 rather than ship 2 though, not sure if it makes a difference with the infamous ship 2 block 1.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 07:09 AM
Eh, I'm still paranoid about speaking English anywhere but party chat and team chat or even joining a party that isn't obviously English speaking but I've got a mate who has all his autowords set, all in English since 2013 and he's still around, on ship 10 rather than ship 2 though, not sure if it makes a difference with the infamous ship 2 block 1.I'm pretty sure there are even JP players with english auto words. It's not like it's against the ToS to speak english. The game isn't American or anything. :wacko:

Keilyn
Feb 16, 2016, 07:16 AM
I speak in English and as soon as Japanese people start their shit, I tell the brave ones in their own language "I can speak your language. Can you speak mine?" SEGA can track my IP all they want. Thank God to Independent Proxies/VPNs....

vbetts
Feb 16, 2016, 07:20 AM
I've played on my own for too long. Easy content or otherwise, it's the biggest contributer to me burning out. Besides, if I wanted to play something solo, there are far better single player experiences elsewhere.

What ship do you play on? I'd always pick up some games with you.

Ziel
Feb 16, 2016, 07:24 AM
Well the list of friends i usually run things with or even chat its less than 5 and i wouldnt mind to expand it so if someone wants help/company im pretty much game.

Most people just throw me friend request for my FP anyways =3=

darkfm05
Feb 16, 2016, 08:39 AM
It is hard to make friends on pso2 since its hard to get along, i been playing since the beta i was a shy person since i started right up until 2014, i was on ship 2 last month but moved ,i don't really like how ship 2 players are i know i'm going to get hate for saying that, i'm now on ship 5 and i did joined a team but left it cause of one person and he was a manager.

Oh and i met a lot of guys on pso2 thinking i'm a girl irl but i'm guy irl....so ya.

all 3 of my characters wear the sexy bikini black with the Lace Socks & Gloves Black.
anyway i'm going to hide over there ------>
have a nice day.

LegoRappy
Feb 16, 2016, 10:01 AM
Definitely join a Team, I felt the same as you at first but the game got so much better once I was in one

SteveCZ
Feb 16, 2016, 10:03 AM
Past experience: Don't believe in internet friendship, especially in-game only. :wacko:

If you're really into socializing than finding friends to only play, see if they want to be added outside the game (Skype, Facebook, or whatever). If not, don't expect too much.

Keilyn
Feb 16, 2016, 10:41 AM
I do that too...
I don't consider anyone in a game to be a friend until they are in both...my friendlist and either my skype and steam. Too much drama in-game....

Nitro Vordex
Feb 16, 2016, 11:44 AM
On the topic of everyone being friendly. I'd really like to see that too. The community here and the community in game both. There's no reason to be arguing over asinine things, and being at each other's throats. We need to just have fun together, that's the whole point of this game. Thanks to PSO2, I've formed some overall very good relationships with people. PSO1 also gave me that, and I still talk to them today. PSO2 is the same thing; a lot of the time it ends up to talking outside of game and doing things together, then being able to come back to PSO2, and do stuff while in voice chat (Skype, Discord, etc.). This allows you to have even more fun with the game, because the chat method in PSO2 is definitely lacking. Three lines is constrictive, and it can be hard to start typing things in the middle of areas or EQ's. Being able to hear everyone's reactions to things is so much more interesting. I love being able to be in calls, voice channels, whatever with people while playing.

Getting along is important. Things would be a lot better if people were just friendly with each other, or at the very least, respectful.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 12:01 PM
Getting along is important. Things would be a lot better if people were just friendly with each other, or at the very least, respectful.I feel the same way but a lot of the tension is caused by the way the game is set up anyway. Because EQs are only up for a very limited amount of time people who want to get the most out of them are forced to play with people who just want to get the EQ done at all.

Because the skill tree system is so heavily pay-walled despite skill builds being super important to a character's performance, people with messed up skill trees either need to pay a ransom, or wait for sega to decide to update the skill trees, which isn't reliable. That cuts back on people's willingness to experiment with builds, and prevents a lot of people from testing things themselves easily, leading to outdated or outright wrong information spreading. There's also the fact that a lot of people have a particular playstyle they find more fun than the "meta" and if they had to choose between being meta and having fun they'd go with the later. At the same time there are plenty of people who would be fine with using meta builds for "difficult content" but still want to have a "for fun" build or two on the side, but oh, you need to buy skill trees for that, which, even then can't be tweaked without paying again or waiting. Seriously, if TERA and BnS can let people just change their builds why can't PSO2? I'd include GW2, but it's B2P so I dunno if I should count it.

Upgrading gear is way too obtuse and RNG reliant, meaning investing in new gear can be expensive and frustrating, especially for people who just want to play the game. Leading to people not bothering with it. And of course all the good stuff requires premium to buy from other players (if you even can). Isn't the whole point of random drops in these kinds of games to encourage inter-player trading? :/

Basically the environment the game has for character development isn't casual friendly, despite the gameplay itself being designed with casual players in mind leading to problems when people who just want to play the game get stuck with people who want to play the game as efficiently as possible. Neither side is wrong, but if they had the option to easily and conveniently play with like-minded people there'd be a lot less arguing.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 12:20 PM
Remember online games are designed to make money and nothing else. Even PSO2 is not a great game, it is definitely one of the cheapest to play.
All you need is a back pack expansion, 1 premium ticket to trade all the 10-12* tickets you need, and maybe an extra mag or two. Then you can access 99% of the game content with meseta and excubes.

If a person doesn't have either money or time, I'd say online games are not for them.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 12:27 PM
If a person doesn't have either money or time, I'd say online games are not for them.I think you missed my point. My problem isn't that some stuff costs money, It's that important core content does. They might as well make the game B2P if stuff like skill trees and mags, that can totally fuck up your character if handled wrong, cost money. It's like "oh, you didn't know what you were doing because you were new? Time to pay up!".

GameGeeks
Feb 16, 2016, 01:03 PM
I think you missed my point. My problem isn't that some stuff costs money, It's that important core content does. They might as well make the game B2P if stuff like skill trees and mags, that can totally fuck up your character if handled wrong, cost money. It's like "oh, you didn't know what you were doing because you were new? Time to pay up!".

That's one of my gripes about the game, but at the same token that's an English player thinking. I don't think the Japanese think quite the same way about things like that.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 01:17 PM
I know many english players (include me) tend to feel superior by spend less/nothing at a game. One of my friend deleted and remade his lv 50 character 3 times because he does not like the look of it.
For skill trees and such, if a online game beginner did some homework before start playing they should not be a issue. Lack of fresh/dependable guide in english may be the problem, however.

Off topic, most JP does not hesitate to spend cash on scratch and premium, and cash item prices are more affordable outside ship2 thanks to them.

Anduril
Feb 16, 2016, 01:21 PM
There's also the fact that JP players don't have to jump through hoops to purchase AC since they can have a credit card directly associated with their accounts, thus making the impulse buys of a couple hundred yen less of an issue. And, yes, I consider having to log out to purchase from PSO2es a hoop to jump through because it lengthens the time between want and purchase, which can lead to a chance of double thinking the impulse buy.

Keilyn
Feb 16, 2016, 01:49 PM
Respect would be nice, but it does not exist here....

What exists here is "Tolerance" which is pretty far away from "Respect." Given my real life experiences and online experiences, I can tell you the difference between the two. The tolerant man accepts that differences exist, while the respectable man knows that differences exists and accepts them. Tolerance leads to racism and malice, while Respect leads to Liberty and Unity.

All I see are people who will accept that a difference exists, all while trying to build and continue working on their power-fields. One of the reasons I have changed how I post over the years is simply put, people do not respect me here...nor do they deserve my guidance, or knowledge, nor do they need me at all in this place.

The ones I serve are the ones who need me and have proven that they actually care. I have dealt with enough private message and tolerant crap coming from here that the reason I post is that although some people STOP being my friend, I don't stop being a friend to people and I don't abandon people....the ones who are not at fault for anything who have met me who reside here are the ones I post for...

This forum does not know what respect truly is about, and is a very long way from convincing me that any move away from tolerance and towards respect is coming soon.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 01:52 PM
One of the reasons I have changed how I post over the years is simply put, people do not respect me here...nor do they deserve my guidance, or knowledge, nor do they need me at all in this place.Doesn't that just make you a part of the problem though?

milranduil
Feb 16, 2016, 01:53 PM
Tolerance leads to racism and malice

Someone who is tolerant but later on racist was never tolerant to begin with... that's a flat out contradiction.

SilkaN
Feb 16, 2016, 01:55 PM
And so it begins...

TaigaUC
Feb 16, 2016, 02:46 PM
The pay up for mistakes thing is intentional, of course.
If you think about it, it also means they intentionally don't explain things clearly. That way, more people make mistakes.
I don't feel "superior" for not wasting money on the game. More like, "relieved".
But thanks to SEGA's design, I still have to deal with other players not knowing they're making mistakes, and not fixing them.

On a somewhat related note, I accidentally paid 150 AC to reset pet feeding timer in PSO2ES today.
Not like there was anything worth buying with 150 AC anyway, but still annoying.
I thought chip feeding and egg feeding were on different timers. Was in a rush before maintenance, thought I was pressing yes to feed, and ended up wasting AC.
The window looked exactly the same as any other confirmation, as far as I can remember.
At least that doesn't really happen in PSO2 itself, but that relies on other ways of getting people to spend money.
It's probably a good idea to generally be extra careful when playing any phone games.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 02:55 PM
The pay up for mistakes thing is intentional, of course.
If you think about it, it also means they intentionally don't explain things clearly. That way, more people make mistakes.Oh, I know, I just think it's counter productive in the grand scheme of things.

I don't feel "superior" for not wasting money on the game.
More like, "relieved". But it still causes problems because SEGA's design means other people don't know they're making mistakes, and won't fix them. I don't either, but that's more because I don't think there's anything shameful about spending money on a game. I guess I do feel a bit of pride about not needing to buy scapedolls though...

TaigaUC
Feb 16, 2016, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I know. I just wanted to agree/emphasize because there's always someone saying stuff like, "it's free", as if companies don't profit from these kinds of games.
Or as if companies don't try to get people to spend money on their products/service.

I don't think it's shameful so much as it's personally irritating/frustrating.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 03:04 PM
I don't think it's shameful so much as it's personally irritating/frustrating.I dunno, I think it depends on what it is. If I wasn't a NEET poorfag I'd have no problem with buying every permanent inventory option in the game for example. I mean, I don't blame you for being irritated because you accidentally bought the pet thing, I'd be mad about that too.

MightyHarken
Feb 16, 2016, 03:05 PM

Will do~

Give me a message ingame, My character's name is Harken and my player ID is Seigfreed

BIG OLAF
Feb 16, 2016, 04:50 PM
On the topic of everyone being friendly. I'd really like to see that too. The community here and the community in game both. There's no reason to be arguing over asinine things, and being at each other's throats. We need to just have fun together, that's the whole point of this game. Thanks to PSO2, I've formed some overall very good relationships with people. PSO1 also gave me that, and I still talk to them today. PSO2 is the same thing; a lot of the time it ends up to talking outside of game and doing things together, then being able to come back to PSO2, and do stuff while in voice chat (Skype, Discord, etc.). This allows you to have even more fun with the game, because the chat method in PSO2 is definitely lacking. Three lines is constrictive, and it can be hard to start typing things in the middle of areas or EQ's. Being able to hear everyone's reactions to things is so much more interesting. I love being able to be in calls, voice channels, whatever with people while playing.

Getting along is important. Things would be a lot better if people were just friendly with each other, or at the very least, respectful.

I agree with everything you said. Voice communication is more interesting and more fun. I only really talk to my one friend on Skype, since he's usually the only person I ever play with, though. I've always been a bit hesitant for larger group sessions, as I never know how people may react to me given my past actions and attitude.

I'd also like to reinforce the statement that everyone should try to get along and not judge anyone else. It's just a video game, after all.

TaigaUC
Feb 16, 2016, 04:53 PM
If I was rich I still probably wouldn't buy all the AC stuff because I feel like there are plenty of better things elsewhere worth throwing money at.

I whisper chat with a bunch of people in PSO2, but it's very clunky to try talking to more than one at a time.
That's why I keep saying they should add chat windows, but the game is designed for Dreamcast gamepad or something so they'll probably never do anything like that.
PSO2 barely has any truly intuitive mouse support, GUI-wise.

I'd also like to reinforce the statement that everyone should try to get along and not judge anyone else. It's just a video game, after all.
Yes.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 05:38 PM
I know this is just me being pedantic, but I actually think it's a bad thing to try not to judge anyone, because judging people is a subconscious thing and it's better to be aware of when we're doing it so as to not let it influence our decisions, rather than try so hard not to judge that we end up in denial when we do.

Anduril
Feb 16, 2016, 05:41 PM
I know this is just me being pedantic, but I actually think it's a bad thing to try not to judge anyone, because judging people is a subconscious thing and it's better to be aware of when we're doing it so as to not let it influence our decisions, rather than try so hard not to judge that we end up in denial when we do.
Basically, it's less "Don't judge," and more "Don't be a dickhead."

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 05:45 PM
Basically, it's less "Don't judge," and more "Don't be a dickhead."Kinda, I mean, I only word it that way because judging people positively without information can be bad too. If you get caught up in the "judging is bad, I need to stop judging" thing, if you ever feel like you've accomplished that you'd end up denying that you could be judgmental even when you are. Or something like that.

Anduril
Feb 16, 2016, 06:00 PM
Kinda, I mean, I only word it that way because judging people positively without information can be bad too. If you get caught up in the "judging is bad, I need to stop judging" thing, if you ever feel like you've accomplished that you'd end up denying that you could be judgmental even when you are. Or something like that.
Completely agree with you. What I mean by "don't be a dickhead" boils down to the way you handle those natural judgments. For example, at one of the schools I work at, there is this particular 10th grader who I just do not like and is in general a bit of a prick; rather than hounding him or being on top of him all the time scrutinizing his every move, I just let him be and treat him like any other student: with a smile and an open ear. If he doesn't do what he's supposed to be doing, he gets the same chances as every other student to get back on track to avoid detention or a referral. From the get-go I made a judgement about him, but I haven't let that judgement affect my behavior toward him in a negative fashion, although, I still do sigh to myself whenever I see him. On the flip side, I also don't give unnecessary accolades or free passes to the "good" students either since in most cases they can be little pricks too, especially to the students that try but can't quite get on the same level academically or socially; seriously, Honors kids can be some of the worst bullies since many think that their status gives them superiority.

Zephireis
Feb 16, 2016, 06:40 PM
Hi Im Zephires I will gladly welcome you to b1 :) ;)

Zipzo
Feb 16, 2016, 07:30 PM
Honestly this isn't just a problem specific to PSO2. All online games are going through a conversion similar to this.

Tons of MMOs are becoming more single-player focused. The concept of "community" is dying. There's no vanilla wow, PSO, or Ragnarok type community feeling. Content is designed to be able to be tackled with as little cooperation with others as possible, the difficult content being tuned for at least a little bit of it.

It's getting to the point where the main attraction of MMOs continues to ironically be how big their population of players is, while the main draw to continuing to play them is how well they support only your experience as an individual.

It's the same thing in World of Warcraft right now, there is literally zero reason to interact with anyone unless you care about doing the absolute hardest content on the highest difficulty level (which very little care for when you can see all the content just fine on lower difficulties without even joining a guild). Random dungeon finder groups put you in full groups of random players that you'll likely never see again. PvP puts you random opponents you may never kill again.

These concepts are infesting almost every single online RPG in existence because it allows developers to polish the game for each players specific experience at the expense of requiring other people to complete things. It's a method that has improved retention over the years with online games and it's sad as all hell.

I recently spent months playing on a private server for the oldest expansion of an MMO...and it was eye opening. Community was actually a thing. Even though it was the year 2015, you could see and feel the sense of community in the actual game design, not some stupid hypothesis like people are becoming more anti-social over the years or something.

Online gaming is truly dying, in my opinion, because it's lost its way. Unfortunately, to make more money, companies have to tailor online mmo experiences in a direction that is the anti-thesis of what build online rpg's main attraction when they started out. To garner mass appeal to all the console gamers and single-player gamers.

*Sigh...I could probably go on a while on this stuff, as an extremely experienced online gamer who's tried every single MMORPG you can probably name both popular and unheard of....so I'll just leave it at that.

Totori
Feb 16, 2016, 08:02 PM
Maybe a meet up would solve that problemo, it's been a while since I seen anything like that organized from the community~ Like a partner card exchange~

GameGeeks
Feb 16, 2016, 08:24 PM
-snip-

Agreed, save for the games listed. My fondest memories come from the community in Star Wars Galaxies. You could spend hours in the cantina talking to people and still feel fulfilled. That's long gone. Also doesn't help SOE screwed that up royally. Now the best you can hope for is to get into a friendly guild that's social. Shame really.

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 17, 2016, 12:27 AM
Wow, I wasn't expecting such a big discussion!
I've never been super into online games, so I don't really have a point of reference to the good old days, but given how money hungry the industry has become, I can see why they're pushing this individual experience nonsense.
But just because that's the way they've decided to make the game doesn't mean that we can't go against the grain and establish something of a community anyway, right?

I still have a few days to go before I can get home and log in, but I've honestly never looked forward to playing pso2 as much as I do now. c:

Zysets
Feb 17, 2016, 12:42 AM
But just because that's the way they've decided to make the game doesn't mean that we can't go against the grain and establish something of a community anyway, right?

Eh, I think the "Solo" nature is mostly established by players themselves. The game makes it easy to find open parties and to play with others, but people tend to prefer to do most of the missions on their own or with Partner Characters. They've even added the option to have an open party, where if a player joins, a partner character is automatically removed to make space, yet I've only had someone join me once or twice.

I have had much more fun with the game recently because I was able to get friends to join the game though, and yes it's always great to play with real people, I can definitely confirm that now.

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 17, 2016, 05:20 AM
Eh, I think the "Solo" nature is mostly established by players themselves. The game makes it easy to find open parties and to play with others, but people tend to prefer to do most of the missions on their own or with Partner Characters. They've even added the option to have an open party, where if a player joins, a partner character is automatically removed to make space, yet I've only had someone join me once or twice.

I have had much more fun with the game recently because I was able to get friends to join the game though, and yes it's always great to play with real people, I can definitely confirm that now.

It's not about the player, but how is online game evolving (or devolving can be said too) which is the matchmaking system.

Some years ago, when you wanted to play games with people, your option was getting into lobbies, servers or hamachi your way in forums. Now there's matchmaking which does everything much faster and without compromise and drama. Bad thing is that they made players way more toxic, since when a match is over, chances are you're not going to meet that person in your life again in the game, so you're free to bash at other people without consequences, or forget that you just played with people.

And that's it, there's no reason to build a community when people with matchmaking are playing by themselves. Same happens here, although the matchmaking is block based, so it's easier to find people you've played before, but even so, there's almost no reason to play with people when you can just join randomly as another party in any MPA.

So yeah, the sociabilization aspect in this game, I don't really see it. Yes, there are teams, but even so, members don't really need to play together even since aside from rankings, there's nothing else that can make team members playing together for team benefit, it's practically individual gains from being on a team (tree buff would be an example of the exception, if it wasn't only a temporary individual buff in the end)

Plus, did anyone noticed that the most hardcore content they made in this game are solo quests? (Arks GP TAs and Solo XQ)

SHiFT-Di3S3L
Feb 17, 2016, 07:43 AM
you can add me if you want

TaigaUC
Feb 17, 2016, 08:33 AM
I don't think SEGA wants us to play SORO (see what I did thar?) but they aren't putting much effort into making socialzing/matchmaking easier.
The game has a bunch of systems encouraging people to play together. Bonus EXP for groups, etc.

Last I heard, Sakai said the partying/matchmaking system is fine and there are no plans to change it.
Even though there is virtually no matchmaking system. If you've played any other major MMO, you'll probably know what I mean.
Episode 4 is "Reborn", what with the PS4 version and all, and still no changes.
So they probably still have no plans to improve it.

Even if they were to add a matchmaking system, it'd be seriously hindered by the block system. Block system will probably need to be abolished first.
A JP friend was telling me something like, I think FF14? or Dragon Quest Online? lets you change channels/blocks to play with whoever you want, whenever you want?
Whereas on PSO2 if your friend is on another ship, one of you is gonna have to pay to hang out with the other.
Ironic, considering FF11 had that World Pass system pulling the same kind of crap.
Those are subscription games though.

It took SEGA around 2-3 years to fix "join party on another block" making you waste time transferring even though the party is already full. Still happens sometimes, too.
Meanwhile, stuff like people figuring out how to get 13 stars faster gets patched immediately.
That should give you a decent idea of what their priorities are like.

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 17, 2016, 08:52 AM
I don't think SEGA wants us to play SORO (see what I did thar?) but they aren't putting much effort into making socialzing/matchmaking easier.
The game has a bunch of systems encouraging people to play together. Bonus EXP for groups, etc.

Last I heard, Sakai said the partying/matchmaking system is fine and there are no plans to change it.
Even though there is virtually no matchmaking system. If you've played any other major MMO, you'll probably know what I mean.
Episode 4 is "Reborn", what with the PS4 version and all, and still no changes.
So they probably still have no plans to improve it.
In a sense, MPAs is a matchmaking system restricted to players in same ship and block.

And tbh I don't really see the encouragement of people playing together. COs don't give more meseta when completed as a group. There's no more rare drop. The only bonus is exp, and is pretty meaningless when in normal quests you can fill with friend partners for a lesser bonus (still a bonus) and in XH is meaningless because you don't aim for exp gains. Only benefits would be VHAQs (you can fill with partners anyways) and EQs except in XH.

And in the topic of XH EQs and MPAs, people would rather do private MPAs with an enclosed group, but that's for personal gain as I said before because it's the only way you have to make sure you are getting a MPA that follows a tactic. But rewards are the same if S rank anyways.

Not going to say PSO2 is a SORO experience, but isn't really encouraging teamplay either or sociabilization because everything can be done through solo play or this matchmaking

Ziel
Feb 17, 2016, 09:07 AM
Sakai says socialization is gud because there´s enough lobby actions and dances so people can express themselves! Only things missing to socialize more is the expensive casual layered clothing but thats on its way too, see? the game is fully social!

Block system is horrible, get 630-sempai to notice you or log in a little late and you wont find any good group or sometimes no group at all when all the blocks are extra full (so many tds missed, ty 630-sempai); for me one of the reasons UQ failed in the long term is because we lack a proper matchmaking system (and the blockade of anga farm parties).

I always try to leave parties open while running dailies but rarely someone pops in, mostly new players who cant solo it.

Anyways, back on topic, friends pls? :-P

SteveCZ
Feb 17, 2016, 08:31 PM
I don't really understand how social issues based on the thread relate to these social features the game can give.

We can jump into parties/invite people to a party but we don't want to, we can talk to people in the lobby but we are afraid to/despise it (B001?), whisper anyone you ever like to talk to but you are shy to, send friend request every time we add free partner we always reject, send a good job every time a mining EQ is done with send good job feature and friend request attached to it but we never want to send, and more.

Why blame the game system towards social issue? If the people don't want to respond to us or socialize on whatever means in a way we just want to talk, I'm pretty sure it's not the game's problem, no matter how sophisticated the social system is, on whatever game.

I think the most common issue is language barrier, as this is a JP game. Jumping into a random party where the host suddenly talks japanese is most probably what in the new, english-speaking players' mind.

I'm pretty sure PSO2 has done so much to make sure we can socialize to anyone, at least in-game. Have we?

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2016, 08:44 PM
I don't really understand how social issues based on the thread relate to these social features the game can give.

We can jump into parties/invite people to a party but we don't want to, we can talk to people in the lobby but we are afraid to/despise it (B001?), whisper anyone you ever like to talk to but you are shy to, send friend request every time we add free partner we always reject, send a good job every time a mining EQ is done with send good job feature and friend request attached to it but we never want to send, and more.

Why blame the game system towards social issue? If the people don't want to respond to us or socialize on whatever means in a way we just want to talk, I'm pretty sure it's not the game's problem, no matter how sophisticated the social system is, on whatever game.

I think the most common issue is language barrier, as this is a JP game. Jumping into a random party where the host suddenly talks japanese is most probably what in the new, english-speaking players' mind.

I'm pretty sure PSO2 has done so much to make sure we can socialize to anyone, at least in-game. Have we?I think the conversation moved to this because people were talking about how poorly people get along, not because of people not-joining groups. I've already said my piece about why I think the poorly designed systems are contributing to that.

Zipzo
Feb 17, 2016, 09:05 PM

I'm pretty sure PSO2 has done so much to make sure we can socialize to anyone, at least in-game. Have we?

The degredation of social interaction in MMOs is almost directly related to the way MMOs are being designed.

People usually don't join groups with people who don't speak their language in the first place, and when they do they likely know what they're getting in to so there's usually never awkward surprise.

MightyHarken
Feb 18, 2016, 11:47 AM
Honestly this isn't just a problem specific to PSO2. All online games are going through a conversion similar to this.

Tons of MMOs are becoming more single-player focused. The concept of "community" is dying. There's no vanilla wow, PSO, or Ragnarok type community feeling. Content is designed to be able to be tackled with as little cooperation with others as possible, the difficult content being tuned for at least a little bit of it.

It's getting to the point where the main attraction of MMOs continues to ironically be how big their population of players is, while the main draw to continuing to play them is how well they support only your experience as an individual.

It's the same thing in World of Warcraft right now, there is literally zero reason to interact with anyone unless you care about doing the absolute hardest content on the highest difficulty level (which very little care for when you can see all the content just fine on lower difficulties without even joining a guild). Random dungeon finder groups put you in full groups of random players that you'll likely never see again. PvP puts you random opponents you may never kill again.

These concepts are infesting almost every single online RPG in existence because it allows developers to polish the game for each players specific experience at the expense of requiring other people to complete things. It's a method that has improved retention over the years with online games and it's sad as all hell.

I recently spent months playing on a private server for the oldest expansion of an MMO...and it was eye opening. Community was actually a thing. Even though it was the year 2015, you could see and feel the sense of community in the actual game design, not some stupid hypothesis like people are becoming more anti-social over the years or something.

Online gaming is truly dying, in my opinion, because it's lost its way. Unfortunately, to make more money, companies have to tailor online mmo experiences in a direction that is the anti-thesis of what build online rpg's main attraction when they started out. To garner mass appeal to all the console gamers and single-player gamers.

*Sigh...I could probably go on a while on this stuff, as an extremely experienced online gamer who's tried every single MMORPG you can probably name both popular and unheard of....so I'll just leave it at that.

The solution is simple in pso2, make more content for 4 players, add player killing in the field or friendly fire. There, we'll be filled with a society in days. Poeple will start looking for friends so they dont go alone and die by the hands of some guy. get revenge, etc.

Zysets
Feb 18, 2016, 01:00 PM

This is exactly what I mean, I've always tried to accept any friend requests that were sent my way, or to join already existing parties, if not making my own and making sure it's open to anyone who would like to join, yet nobody ever communicates with me. The game gives us many opportunities to meet new players, but nobody takes advantage of it. I understand the language issue as well, but I've even played with JP players without a problem, maybe with some broken japanese and english thrown around, but it's fun so I don't mind. I've been a fan since PSO on dreamcast, yet the games that really were the best to me where the PSU titles, because I was able to socialize and there was always someone to have fun with, PSO2 is a great game, but it seriously lacks that part of what made me like PSU the most.

Keilyn
Feb 18, 2016, 07:23 PM
If you want to chat in ship 2 I am always around.
I've just been working on a major aggressive goal of mine lately.

I can't believe how long it takes to clear a friendlist. I changed the way i handle colors (groups) on friendlist and deleted my list down to 18 people. So many people who don't play this game anymore and have moved on, that I finally started focusing on my friendlist.

I feel bad I let it get this bad without doing this sooner. :) I've simplified things and I like these lists better. I don't even know what the max possible is for this list, and I don't care...

....all I really care about is simply being able to salvage what I have and work on my fresh start. (I already applied a fresh start to my real life, and I've started to do it in this game too)...

KatherineAlexandra
Feb 19, 2016, 05:57 PM
If you want to chat in ship 2 I am always around.
I've just been working on a major aggressive goal of mine lately.

I can't believe how long it takes to clear a friendlist. I changed the way i handle colors (groups) on friendlist and deleted my list down to 18 people. So many people who don't play this game anymore and have moved on, that I finally started focusing on my friendlist.

I feel bad I let it get this bad without doing this sooner. :) I've simplified things and I like these lists better. I don't even know what the max possible is for this list, and I don't care...

....all I really care about is simply being able to salvage what I have and work on my fresh start. (I already applied a fresh start to my real life, and I've started to do it in this game too)...

I deleted mine down to about 15 as soon as I got home. It took like half an hour. :/
It's actually kind of sad looking through all these names and realising "I have no idea who these people are."

Hysteria1987
Feb 19, 2016, 07:19 PM
My friends list is full again, and I'm gonna have to do the same thing. Thing is, I keep people with interesting friend partners, so it takes me a little while D: I'm going to get online now, I think, and give that a bit of a workover.

About people not joining parties - I mainly use my FOnewearl Tian, who is, as per my sig, a pretty ordinary looking girl for PSO2. She hardly ever gets more than a glance. Today I used Euphoria, who is not only a dude but a somewhat unique looking one too (you can't see it that well here but he's a full-on Bon Jovi mode cowboy). I got invited to two separate parties within two hours completely out of the blue - maybe your experiences are different, but that just doesn't happen to me. I mean, I didn't join them as I'm not really big on being cold-called like that, but still, maybe there's something to this. Dudes in this game are rare breeds, yo (we don't drop anything good though).

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 19, 2016, 07:33 PM
On the topic of delting people, I always have spots. Usually do some arks card checks to delete people who deleted me previously. Kinda wish they would delete itselves from my friendlist after they deleted me, and ofc last time that person logged. Would make this stuff much easier with just a few minutes.

Having to check every arks card is tiring, specially when there's no much info about it.

At this rate my blacklist will catchup my friend list. That says a lot what I think of overall community

Hysteria1987
Feb 19, 2016, 08:00 PM
Ok, job's done on my end - I have no idea how you can see who's deleted who, but an awful lot of people are gonna see my name on that list now :D assuming any still play, of course...

Got about 20 actual friends, 20 people with cool support partners, and a few randoms left. In the spirit of the thread, if anyone wants to be BEST FRIENDS FOREVER and and have someone you can talk to without having your head bitten off, my user ID is Brian May.

Just make sure you let me know who you are in your friend request, so I don't make the mistake of thinking you're a random! :P

Zeroem
Feb 19, 2016, 08:29 PM
Kinda wish they would delete themselves from my friend-list after they deleted me, and ofc info about the last time that person logged. Would make this stuff much easier with just a few minutes.

This. I got my friend-list somewhat full in the other version of PSO2, and the fact that i need to check the card one by one really turned me off to clean the friendlist. Not to add that my play time is rather irregular, so really hard to see which one is no longer playing the game or such.

My JP friend-list is not really filled tho. Usually the one who add me are from my earlier TD4 run, or sometimes from Friend Partner (which is kinda rare).

I have no idea how you can see who's deleted who.
Well, you can check your offline friend list's ARKS card. If the friend-list showed them as offline, but they have a name in their current character; it means that they've deleted you from their friend list. Well, this method is not fail-proof, especially for those who set their ARKS card as 'private'.
But of course, you already knew about this.

Kondibon
Feb 19, 2016, 08:39 PM
You people and your friendlists. :wacko:
http://i.imgur.com/Tv7Ugbf.jpg

Hysteria1987
Feb 19, 2016, 08:49 PM
You people and your friendlists. :wacko:Hey, at one stage it was for free FUN :P Tian still gets a lot of uses. But then I got lazy, and I don't care about FUN any more, I started hoarding cubes instead aaaand now we're here...

Well, you can check your offline friend list's ARKS card. If the friend-list showed them as offline, but they have a name in their current character; it means that they've deleted you from their friend list. Well, this method is not fail-proof, especially for those who set their ARKS card as 'private'.
But of course, you already knew about this. Aha, makes sense :P I don't look at ARKS cards all that often to be honest. Mine's filled with nonsense. I think one of my 'hobbies' is dumpster diving.