PDA

View Full Version : Eng ships outside ship2

DarkGengar94
Feb 16, 2016, 09:19 AM
Is there another ship that English players go to in PSO2? I'm just curious and I might make a new character on another ship

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 09:20 AM
I heard ship 10 and ship 8 do. Maybe ship 4 if 4chan even still plays.

DarkGengar94
Feb 16, 2016, 09:22 AM
Doesn't ship 10 have those Japanese players that would add you to a list in the website 2 chan if you are just bad at the game?

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 09:25 AM
Doesn't ship 10 have those Japanese players that would add you to a list in the website 2 chan if you are just bad at the game?

even if they do, that doesn't really change much, people who do that are a small minority and gameplay wise it would only prevent you from joining their parties, not MPAs if they were to blacklist you

DarkGengar94
Feb 16, 2016, 09:28 AM
even if they do, that doesn't really change much, people who do that are a small minority and gameplay wise it would only prevent you from joining their parties, not MPAs if they were to blacklist you
Oh alright we'll I'll decide from 10 or 8 then thanks guys for your help

Infinity Series
Feb 16, 2016, 09:32 AM

I think all ships have those list.

Just a few days ago i found 'bad player' list of ship 2,3,6,8 on 2chan.

JCry
Feb 16, 2016, 10:44 AM
Ooh that sounds interesting. Does anyone have a link?

Flaoc
Feb 16, 2016, 11:16 AM
I think all ships have those list.

Just a few days ago i found 'bad player' list of ship 2,3,6,8 on 2chan.

yea i wanna see this list too (specifically ship 2)

TehCubey
Feb 16, 2016, 11:26 AM
I heard ship 10 and ship 8 do. Maybe ship 4 if 4chan even still plays.

Talk about insularity. Yes, 4chan does still play the game - in fact its pso2 community is even larger than pso-w (while being almost just as bad).

So yes, ship 4 does have a sizeable English-speaking population. Possibly as big as ship 2 if not more. As a side effect, ship 4 is the largest "battlefield" where rabid anti-gaijin Japanese players seek out and report gaijins. It seems they mostly gave up on ship 2 as territory lost, and only biggest hardcores (or people who don't give a fuck about non-JP players) remain there. Ship 10 is mostly chill and doesn't care. Its EN population is also comparatively pretty small.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 11:28 AM
All ships have bad players list. And don't worry, public shame people they don't like is just a part of their mmo culture.

Last time I checked, non of them was shamed for "being gaijin"

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 11:42 AM
Talk about insularity.Err, I'm sorry I don't frequent 4chan. I know people other than here frequent the game. If anything I'm the one reminding everyone who keeps wondering why every english player in the world doesn't know about the guides posted on these forums and nowhere else.

Infinity Series
Feb 16, 2016, 11:58 AM
Ooh that sounds interesting. Does anyone have a link?

yea i wanna see this list too (specifically ship 2)

Here
http://www58.atwiki.jp/pso2_parasite/

Or you can visit the 2ch official thread thread :
http://2ch-rank.net/rd/net/1451210805 < ship 2 only

Too lazy to look for the other ships. Just look here http://2ch-rank.net/b/net/

----------

For twitter
https://twitter.com/PSO2bot1

Zorak000
Feb 16, 2016, 12:31 PM
>level 40 characters

>screens from urban and falz arms

wow what relevant and useful criteria

alternatively: what a good list for three years ago

TehCubey
Feb 16, 2016, 01:30 PM
Err, I'm sorry I don't frequent 4chan. I know people other than here frequent the game. If anything I'm the one reminding everyone who keeps wondering why every english player in the world doesn't know about the guides posted on these forums and nowhere else.

Fair.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 01:50 PM
Here

----------

For twitter
I want an anime episode about THIS.

Skyly
Feb 16, 2016, 03:13 PM
rofl. People over at 2chan are SS people using the english patch. They hella salty lol.

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 16, 2016, 03:21 PM
rofl. People over at 2chan are SS people using the english patch. They hella salty lol.

Well, don't forget it's 2ch in its core despite everyone's views about it.

2ch is widely known as the most racist and immature people on the net, just like its child 4chan. So you can easily find pretty silly reports just because (although in the english patch thing they have the upper hand, even if we don't really like that)

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 03:23 PM
I'm honestly sad I didn't see myself on any of those, but I wasn't really sure how to navigate those sites anyway.

BitterMarion
Feb 16, 2016, 03:30 PM
I saw someone with my character name on an earlier part of the parasite list, but different player thankfully.

There arent many screenshots of people using the patch, mostly people with poor gear/doing silly things like getting 0 points in TD.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 03:35 PM
Honestly it seems like they focus on players who are legitimately leeching using crappy lucky rise gear and barely contributing, not just anyone with a sub-par class combo or low damage output.

Z-0
Feb 16, 2016, 03:53 PM
Correct, if you just have bad gear or just do low damage nobody cares because it's PUG and every is along the progression scale at different rates (although of course it's very easy to get to a decent level), so they only really report those who are obviously not trying to contribute at all and just get a free ride.

dragoelete
Feb 16, 2016, 04:25 PM
im honestly surprised im not somewhere on those lists... since i dont know how it happened but at one point all of my units unequipped just before a boss fight and by the time i noticed it was already in the middle of it so i had like 400 hp and 500 s-atk X.X

TaigaUC
Feb 16, 2016, 04:34 PM
Yeah, but that happens sometimes. I don't block people if it looks like it's accidental.
I do if they are literally just standing around the entire time doing nothing.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 04:39 PM
I don't block anyone at all because I'm the weakest link. :D

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 04:47 PM
Not their MPA's, but they are very likely to leave and abandon it at the teleporter if a well-known exposed player is present. Of course, this really doesn't matter in SHIP2 anymore, but outside it is, well, disheartening. Especially if you do CQ's, and they recognize you. :(

never saw that happen on ship 2, even when the infamous axeon guy was leeching every MPA around :wacko:

i actually went through my chatlogs just now and the first party i was in...

[SPOILER-BOX]2012-06-21T17:19:49 428 PARTY SECRETID SECRETCHAR よろしくですー
2012-06-21T17:27:33 441 PARTY SECRETID SECRETCHAR テレポートで来る?
2012-06-21T17:28:22 444 PARTY 10064690 jooozek sorry, i do not speak japanese
2012-06-21T17:28:44 445 PARTY SECRETID SECRETCHAR can you teleport to area 3 ?
2012-06-21T17:29:11 446 PARTY 10064690 jooozek how can i do it fast?
2012-06-21T17:29:20 447 PARTY SECRETID SECRETCHAR back ship and jump again
2012-06-21T17:29:24 448 PARTY 10064690 jooozek okay
2012-06-21T17:29:39 449 PARTY SECRETID SECRETCHAR than choose area 3
2012-06-21T17:30:22 450 PARTY SECRETID SECRETCHAR boss , cheer
2012-06-21T17:30:30 451 PARTY 10064690 jooozek gl
2012-06-21T17:32:20 452 PARTY SECRETID SECRETCHAR sorry , can you help me ?
2012-06-21T17:32:43 453 PARTY 10064690 jooozek how
2012-06-21T17:32:52 454 PARTY SECRETID SECRETCHAR use item
2012-06-21T17:33:45 455 PARTY 10064690 jooozek dont have one i guess
2012-06-21T17:40:57 461 PARTY 10064690 jooozek wow, that was hard[/SPOILER-BOX]

2012-06-21T17:40:57 461 PARTY 10064690 jooozek wow, that was hard
ayy lmao

BitterMarion
Feb 16, 2016, 04:49 PM
I use blacklist to stop the flood of localchat autowords with cut ins exclusively, since it does very little to prevent anything else.

Z-0
Feb 16, 2016, 04:53 PM
Only seen that happen in Challenge Quest. People will just get up and leave when "well-known leechers" join the game.

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 04:57 PM
I use blacklist to stop the flood of localchat autowords with cut ins exclusively, since it does very little to prevent anything else.

same, some people are really obnoxious with autoword spam and cutins, annoying like hell when you can't see shit on screen :yes:

TaigaUC
Feb 16, 2016, 04:57 PM
I just lose motivation to contribute to multis when I see assholes lounging around in full +goodies gear.
It's not fun!

One thing that bugs me is people who have a public autoword for picking up rares.
It's usually an EN guy, and it's usually a cut-in. It's not like rares are actually rare enough in PSO2 to warrant announcements.
In fact, they're actually very common. So it's akin to spam.

Xaelouse
Feb 16, 2016, 05:09 PM
You can also get put on blast if they see you using questionable PAs like Million Storm.
Seems like it happened to some actually solid players on my ship

Unnamed Player
Feb 16, 2016, 05:16 PM
Honestly it seems like they focus on players who are legitimately leeching using crappy lucky rise gear"lucky rise gear" is a pretty bad way to judge someone's performance.

and barely contributingBased on the performance of the average PUG, I really want to know what counts as "barely contributing".

Z-0
Feb 16, 2016, 05:23 PM
The issue with lucky rise gear is that taking it basically tells the others "I'm not going to use properly upgraded equipment to pull my weight more, I'm just going to use these shit units for a personal boost that doesn't help the party at all". It's leeching, in other words.

A lot of games specifically ban lucky rise gear for this reason (or did, I don't really know if there's any sort of public games anymore since I don't look).

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 05:24 PM
lol, i still remember when Gu x was on pair with RAKI RAISU

milranduil
Feb 16, 2016, 05:25 PM
"lucky rise gear" is a pretty bad way to judge someone's performance.

Based on the performance of the average PUG, I really want to know what counts as "barely contributing".

AIS collecting during w7 is a typical example in td3.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 05:25 PM
"lucky rise gear" is a pretty bad way to judge someone's performance.There is so much easily accessible better gear that a full set of lucky rise stuff and an axion is a pretty big red flag.

Based on the performance of the average PUG, I really want to know what counts as "barely contributing".Some of those screenshots had people with scores of zero in TD. The only way that's possible is if you didn't do anything at all. Even getting crystals increases your score a little.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 05:29 PM
I just lose motivation to contribute to multis when I see assholes lounging around in full +goodies gear.
It's not fun!

To hell with dudu I'm not going to grind gear I'll just buy 50m+ costume/acc and let others fight my boss

[SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX][SPOILER-BOX]https://i.imgur.com/DAmwKJQ.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX][/SPOILER-BOX]

I've seen some people using full grind Austre+luckraise units running TD/Magatsu/PD, and I would still classify them as leech no matter much contribution they have.

Unnamed Player
Feb 16, 2016, 05:46 PM
There is so much easily accessible better gear that a full set of lucky rise stuff and an axion is a pretty big red flag.It's still not saying much at all, i've seen people with "properly upgraded gear" doing ~2% of the total DPS and people with lucky rise units doing more than 15%. But I agree, using axion is just stupid.

Some of those screenshots had people with scores of zero in TD. The only way that's possible is if you didn't do anything at all. Even getting crystals increases your score a little.Still the scores in TD are another bad way to judge someone's performance, it's not impossible to have a petty decent DPS and still get a low score because you're not the one who finishes them of. You also don't get any points for doing stuff like applying WBs.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 05:50 PM
It's still not saying much at all, i've seen people with "properly upgraded gear" doing ~2% of the total DPS and people with lucky rise units doing more than 15%. But I agree, using axion is just stupid.ALL the screenshots had axions... It was only an example anyway, I'm sure they have other criteria, not that I aprove of this anyway.

Still the scores in TD are another bad way to judge someone's performance, it's not impossible to have a petty decent DPS and still get a low score because you're not the one who finishes them of. You also don't get any points for doing stuff like applying WBs.No, you don't understand. They had ZERO points. NONE. Aaaand, now I can't even find the screenshot.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 05:56 PM
No, you don't understand. They had ZERO points. NONE. Aaaand, now I can't even find the screenshot.

There is a special code name for 0 point TD. It's ridiculous hard to receive it through normal game play because you get points just for getting hit sometimes

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 05:58 PM
There is a special code name for 0 point TD. It's ridiculous hard to receive it through normal game play because you get points just for getting hit sometimesThat's my point... They would have had to have actively avoided everything to get it. Again, I'm talking examples of people who are actually leaching, not just being weak.

Zephireis
Feb 16, 2016, 06:37 PM
bogus I heard I was on the list :((((

pkemr4
Feb 16, 2016, 07:08 PM
Talk about insularity. Yes, 4chan does still play the game - in fact its pso2 community is even larger than pso-w (while being almost just as bad).

So yes, ship 4 does have a sizeable English-speaking population. Possibly as big as ship 2 if not more. As a side effect, ship 4 is the largest "battlefield" where rabid anti-gaijin Japanese players seek out and report gaijins. It seems they mostly gave up on ship 2 as territory lost, and only biggest hardcores (or people who don't give a fuck about non-JP players) remain there. Ship 10 is mostly chill and doesn't care. Its EN population is also comparatively pretty small.

4chan isn't as big as it looks and is really casual. and ship 4 has several Leechs in OH from what i see posted on 4ch and what a teammate that has an alt there tells me :wacko:

Zeroem
Feb 16, 2016, 07:38 PM
Oh, there are new list for the 2ch BL list this year? Gonna take a look later.

I dunno about others, but 2ch's bllist are useful at some degree, especially when talking about bad gear and attitude. Still need to read the whole list with a grain of salt though. There are some interesting and amusing case on bl's inclusion, after all.

The issue with lucky rise gear is that taking it basically tells the others "I'm not going to use properly upgraded equipment to pull my weight more, I'm just going to use these shit units for a personal boost that doesn't help the party at all". It's leeching, in other words.

A lot of games specifically ban lucky rise gear for this reason (or did, I don't really know if there's any sort of public games anymore since I don't look).

I kind of agree to certain degree, but since Gift Receptor are a thing (I dunno how many actually used this nowadays tho), the augs on said weapon are also worth some look to judge whether that Lucky Rise weapon are for 'leeching' or not.

Iduno
Feb 16, 2016, 08:01 PM
But doesn't lucky rise come on basically anything you take to a tekker?

Are these guys talking like absolute end game here where you got your gear and won't be upgrading it any time soon or are all weapons at all levels expected to have a full set of the best afixes dudued onto them these days?

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 08:04 PM
But doesn't lucky rise come on basically anything you take to a tekker?

Are these guys talking like absolute end game here where you got your gear and won't be upgrading it any time soon or are all weapons at all levels expected to have a full set of the best afixes dudued onto them these days?

there are lucky rise shitunits at excube shop

Iduno
Feb 16, 2016, 08:11 PM
Ah, I see the issue now, thought it was a bit extreme if people were going into players profiles mid game looking for the affix, but I guess you can see when some asshat is out dressed to leech in that at a glance unless they got armour hidden.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 08:19 PM
Ah, I see the issue now, thought it was a bit extreme if people were going into players profiles mid game looking for the affix, but I guess you can see when some asshat is out dressed to leech in that at a glance unless they got armour hidden.

Sega heard us complaining about gear check mid-game, so they add teleports to every new EQ. But I only check people who do not come off campship until countdown finishes.

JCry
Feb 16, 2016, 09:34 PM
Sega heard us complaining about gear check mid-game, so they add teleports to every new EQ. But I only check people who do not come off campship until countdown finishes.

I only come down during the count because i'm sorting storage/inventory or I literary spawn in campship, go get shifta and see teleporter has been activated blah blah 30sec. Check if you want, but if you're like me its normally because people start to fast which is fine in EQs like where's the chocolate or Beckoning Darkness.

edit

also this thread got derailed to sh*t lol...

Tunga
Feb 16, 2016, 09:50 PM
Sega heard us complaining about gear check mid-game, so they add teleports to every new EQ. [/S]

Good to know they got over the beach wars 3 thinghue. They also added phasion check for extra leech detection. :wacko:

wefwq
Feb 16, 2016, 09:55 PM
I still mad that i can't CTRL+C anything from fashion check menu.

Also i kinda surprised some people do check the other's gear before starting quest, thought i was having this kind of autism myself.

Zeroem
Feb 16, 2016, 09:57 PM

To be fair, there are multiple factor that contribute to this matter. Like, joined from other block.

That got me thinking, what is someone in future build a full-set Astral soul equipment with 100+ ATK augs, and also added Lucky Rise II in their augs.

Does that also counted as 'leeching' by 2ch? :3

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 10:28 PM
That got me thinking, what is someone in future build a full-set Astral soul equipment with 100+ ATK augs, and also added Lucky Rise II in their augs.

Their recruit threads only bans luckyraise units because you cannot re-ability those. Whatever on your weapon is fine by most as long as it is full grinded.

Rehal
Feb 16, 2016, 10:38 PM
To be fair, there are multiple factor that contribute to this matter. Like, joined from other block.

Dun think it is possible to add Lucky Rise in unit as Gift Receptor only exist on Weapon drop from ES iirc.

Their transfer rate is stigma tier too.

Zysets
Feb 16, 2016, 11:37 PM
There arent many screenshots of people using the patch, mostly people with poor gear/doing silly things like getting 0 points in TD.

I feel like it would take effort to get 0 points.
You'd have to actually try to do nothing.

JCry
Feb 16, 2016, 11:59 PM
I feel like it would take effort to get 0 points.
You'd have to actually try to do nothing.

Wouldn't going to the nearest TD3 corner and Alt-tabbing get the job done? I feel like just being by the towers actives a title.

sparab
Feb 17, 2016, 01:29 AM
Wouldn't going to the nearest TD3 corner and Alt-tabbing get the job done? I feel like just being by the towers actives a title.

You can get points if mag auto attacked a darker wall

JCry
Feb 17, 2016, 02:33 AM
You can get points if mag auto attacked a darker wall

Then I don't understand how TD points work. But minus that, can mags even attack at 0% energy bar? I doubt anyone who isn't self aware feeds theirs.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 17, 2016, 03:49 AM
Some of those screenshots had people with scores of zero in TD. The only way that's possible is if you didn't do anything at all. Even getting crystals increases your score a little.

Didn't read rest of the thread yet so someone might have pointed this out already.

You can actually get 0 by doing stuff. IIRC TD counts points if you kill a enemy, if you just hit mobs and someone else gets the final hit you don't get credit for it. Had it happen a few times myself.

Z-0
Feb 17, 2016, 04:24 AM
It's screens of people who get 0 for the entire run though, which is literally impossible if you do stuff. The following gives you points in TD:

Collect a Crystal: 10 points
Revive someone: 50 points
Destroy a Tower: 10 points
Get First Hit on an enemy: 10 points
Destroy an Infection Core: 100 points (barrier doesn't count)

And then obviously all the enemy kills.

The ONLY way to get 0 for the entire run is if you sit in a corner and don't do anything.

Ce'Nedra
Feb 17, 2016, 04:54 AM
You get points for a first hit? I thought it was only last hit. Interesting. I still wonder how I manage to get a wave with 0 points then. Must been really unlucky while mobbing and not getting a single first hit on anything.

Unnamed Player
Feb 17, 2016, 07:48 AM
when some asshat is out dressed to leechIt's still says nothing about whether or not someone is actually contributing to the MPA. Let's say a player has lucky rise units and an austere weapon and is about to fight the falz pinatas, even if he's the top contributor by a large margin (which isn't that hard if you look at the skill level of your average PUG) he would still count as a "parasitic leech" by 2ch's standards.

oratank
Feb 17, 2016, 08:05 AM
you can get 0 point at some wave in td 1-2 because good mpa don't need much crystal and you can't get a first hit nor last hit especially zondeel bot

Vatallus
Feb 17, 2016, 08:56 AM
Here

----------

For twitter

Lol. Look at most if not all of the Ship 9 ones. They are all screenshots of low level players with bad gear/gunslash.

SteveCZ
Feb 17, 2016, 07:54 PM
Wait... isn't this thread about existence of English ships outside ship 2?

Dnd
Feb 17, 2016, 08:05 PM
There is a special code name for 0 point TD. It's ridiculous hard to receive it through normal game play because you get points just for getting hit sometimes

I had a huge lag spike once on TD1, but didn't DC and my char ended up about 2 minutes behind everyone else and the timer, but I still saw stuff in real time - i probably got a 0 for that because anything i did on my end it was way too late to effect anything because they were already dead or collected etc

But i still got hit by everything and couldnt heal, was fun :D

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2016, 08:28 PM
Wait... isn't this thread about--PSOW in a nutshell.

Zeroem
Feb 17, 2016, 09:31 PM
Wait... isn't this thread about existence of English ships outside ship 2?

Well, TC's question was answered already on the first page, and this thread 'technically' ended on the first page. Well, it continue to spark discussion because someone mentioned about 2ch's BL list, and everyone suddenly interested and here we are.

Though, after reading the whole list (yes, I read last 3 months of BL list on 2ch), I found the criteria to be on this list are......inconsistent, for the most part. There are legit cases though, like Lucky Rise armor on SH+ content, +8 or below Axeon on VH, and using EN patches (some of the 2ch posters sniped the picture from other places, so be careful of snapping SS with UI on). Other than that, there are some amusing cases, like using a certain mod and took a rather.....*ahem* creative screenshots with it (no, not like the creative censoring that's on our Fashion Topic as of recently. It's more vulgar, in a sense).

At least their SAs for pointing 'parasites' are amusing.

Kondibon
Feb 17, 2016, 09:47 PM
Well, TC's question was answered already on the first page, and this thread 'technically' ended on the first page. Well, it continue to spark discussion...PSO-W in a slightly larger nutshell.