PDA

View Full Version : So i heard japanese players add you to badplayer list in 2chan website

domadoma80
Feb 16, 2016, 04:08 PM
is that true? anyone saw posts ? about this behavior ?

Anduril
Feb 16, 2016, 04:11 PM
This thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232441) is basically discussing that.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 04:57 PM
Like, for people who started 6 useless thread on the 1st page?

Z-0
Feb 16, 2016, 04:58 PM
Yes, I saw you on one of them.

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 16, 2016, 05:00 PM
Guess reading is hard, or just compressing everything in a single topic is even harder.

Man, maintenance sure drives people crazy

Petunia
Feb 16, 2016, 05:02 PM
Does anyone have a link to the list?
Curious to see if my ID made its way onto the list somehow.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 05:04 PM
2ch people don't bother shame foreign players unless you are disguised with JP name and such

Like, why bother shame someone who doesn't even read their thread?

Naoya Kiriyama
Feb 16, 2016, 05:10 PM
Does anyone have a link to the list?
Curious to see if my ID made its way onto the list somehow.

This thread (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232441) is basically discussing that.

Guess reading is hard

Wow, it didn't even take more than 1 post to prove myself right

Petunia
Feb 16, 2016, 05:14 PM
Wow, it didn't even take more than 1 post to prove myself right

Yeah, yeah. I found it before you replied, didn't realize a link was already posted till I got bored and looked at the other thread.

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 05:29 PM
2ch people don't bother shame foreign players unless you are disguised with JP name and such

Like, why bother shame someone who doesn't even read their thread?
It's not about shaming, it's about avoiding players they consider "parasites".

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 05:36 PM
It's not about shaming, it's about avoiding players they consider "parasites".

Unfortunately those threads don't have a guideline for parasites and are full of bias. Some has taken it to extreme like shaming every Su in pug TD

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 05:41 PM
Unfortunately those threads don't have a guideline for parasites and are full of bias. Some has taken it to extreme like shaming every Su in pug TDWell I mean yeah, that's why I put "parasites" in quotes. I was just trying to say that whether or not the person reads the thread or not is irrelevant because I'm sure the idea is to get other people mad at them, not to make them feel embarrassed to be on that list.

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 05:52 PM
Well I mean yeah, that's why I put "parasites" in quotes. I was just trying to say that whether or not the person reads the thread or not is irrelevant because I'm sure the idea is to get other people mad at them, not to make them feel embarrassed to be on that list.

Maybe to a certain degree, such as avoiding those "ship celebrities", but much more are just being shamed as 'I don't like your class/playstyle/talk, etc"
I have played on ship 1 where public shame is a daily routine. Some psychotic paste their shame lists to every new 2ch threads since they don't have moderators. And those shamed individuals still run pugs with no problem.

Also I am just using "shame" as I don't have a better term for 晒し(public naming)

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 05:53 PM
Maybe to a certain degree, such as avoiding those "ship celebrities", but much more are just being shamed as 'I don't like your class/playstyle/talk, etc"
I have played on ship 1 where public shame is a daily routine. Some psychotic paste their shame lists to 95%+ 2ch threads since they don't have moderators. And those shamed individuals still run pugs with no problem.

Also I am just using "shame" as I don't have a better term for 晒し(public naming)Well I guess I should add that I'm not saying what you're talking about isn't true.

Zorua
Feb 16, 2016, 05:57 PM
I have played on ship 1 where public shame is a daily routine.

I manage a casual team on ship 1, so we have a handful of undergeared people among us. The amount of times I've seen my teammates get on shame lists...

Keilyn
Feb 16, 2016, 06:01 PM
I wonder what the percentage of players are foreigners in PSO2. Would be great to give the Japanese a taste of their own medicine and raise a site with players who we think are parasites...and then start a thread in 2ch and let them know that they finally have two to tango....with a "thank you for giving us such a great idea and showing us such a great example" :)

then when they complain, we can say "oh we are the baka gaijins who according to you are dumb apes with no intelligent, so we just copied your ideas and used them on you, thank you for teaching us" to see what kind of reaction they would generate.

Yukipon
Feb 16, 2016, 06:03 PM
-snip-

Someone on /pso2g suggested to start something like that a while ago.

The response was pretty much, "We'll just blacklist each other."

jooozek
Feb 16, 2016, 06:04 PM
I wonder what the percentage of players are foreigners in PSO2. Would be great to give the Japanese a taste of their own medicine and raise a site with players who we think are parasites...and then start a thread in 2ch and let them know that they finally have two to tango....with a "thank you for giving us such a great idea and showing us such a great example" :)

then when they complain, we can say "oh we are the baka gaijins who according to you are dumb apes with no intelligent, so we just copied your ideas and used them on you, thank you for teaching us" to see what kind of reaction they would generate.

r thy 4 real

Kondibon
Feb 16, 2016, 06:06 PM

then when they complain, we can say "oh we are the baka gaijins who according to you are dumb apes with no intelligent, so we just copied your ideas and used them on you, thank you for teaching us" to see what kind of reaction they would generate.http://i.imgur.com/B0c1hVP.gif

sparab
Feb 16, 2016, 06:08 PM
...and then start a thread in 2ch and let them know that they finally have two to tango....

2ch has blocked foreign IP, and you can't even post with a regular VPN.

And there were more JP than foreigners on ship2 before chara storage come out. Now I cannot tell the actual ratio after a possible migration. go ask them to hack login IP

Evangelion X.XX
Feb 16, 2016, 06:11 PM
I'm afraid that Keilyn's post might lead to a discussion about yet another discussion on the general "suck-age" of EN players that refuses to listen or heed advise.

But really, my personal opinion is that shaming doesn't help anyone; all it does is to make the environment more toxic.

Yukipon
Feb 16, 2016, 06:12 PM
And there were more JP than foreigners on ship2 before chara storage come out. Now I cannot tell the actual ratio after a possible migration. go ask them to hack login IP

My estimates ranged from 1/4 to 1/2 before Ep4 based on JP primetime numbers versus gaijin hour numbers.

It would be interesting to see what the numbers are now.

untrustful
Feb 16, 2016, 06:13 PM
The lists are seemingly small though. Except for ship 2.

Went to check the ship10 list and they have like 10 people.