PDA

View Full Version : More info on skill rings

Xaelouse
Feb 25, 2016, 02:40 AM
http://www.g-heaven.net/topics/2016/02/160220a.html

Hunter Gear Save for Hunter weapons
Right rings that imitate Critical Strike, Perfect Keeper, PP Convert, Killing Bonus, Massive Hunter, Photon Flare, and EPPR field. Restrictive on what classes can equip them. (There's a tease that you could manipulate class combos to have rings stack with their original skills?)
Boost Slayer, a skill that was in the datamine for quite awhile, is now a skill ring. Equippable on all classes. Sounds like the Challenger skill in MH.
DS Kamaitachi only has a chance to occur, not guaranteed. TD Chase sounds best for fighter left ring IMO.

Hrith
Feb 25, 2016, 03:07 AM
Massive Hunter on other classes sounds quite broken.

Twin daggers chase is the most interesting of that list for me; if it means that one no longer needs Symphonic Drive or Raging Waltz to stay on a target.

Killing Bonus on melee classes >_>;

Critical Strike is much needed, critical builds are crap unless you're fighter main and have a weapon that boosts critical damage. I hope that will make critical builds on gunner or bouncer more useful.

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 03:08 AM
Pretty sure that most rings will operate on proc chance thing, that's why they can be grinded to +20.

There is a chance that High Time's bonus will not be lost after being attacked once... High Time Keep ring doesn't sound like it's something to hold on to.

Now frontal S-Roll sounds useful. Being able to move forward in the air while recovering PP instead of losing it is way overdue.

Sounds like Orbit weapons may not be as mandatory if all classes now have access to Killing Bonus and PP Conversion when needed.

Critical Strike is much needed, critical builds are crap unless you're fighter main and have a weapon that boosts critical damage. I hope that will make critical builds on gunner or bouncer more useful.

Seems like it says that the Critical Strike ring will only be equippable by non-fighters and will only affect melee attacks. No critical builds for Rangers and Forces. Damn it, should have scrolled down. Three rings that do the exact same thing, but for different damage types. :/

arokidaaron
Feb 25, 2016, 03:27 AM
Three rings that do the exact same thing, but for different damage types. :/

I can see gu benefiting alot with this, gu/hu crit build could be a thing, and also, crit ring might also help SU/(BR/FI), with the crit damage parfait, gain alot more dmg, that's if pets are gonna be affected by the rings.

final_attack
Feb 25, 2016, 03:30 AM
I wonder if CriticalStrikeRing / PerfectKeeperRing can apply to Zanverse .....
I believe CriticalStrike and PerfectKeeper originally can affect Zanverse's damage, no? ._.
GuTe + BlitzFender + CriticalStrike for "leech"-power MAAX?

KillingBonusRing with Lv10 KillingBonus on Ra ..... I wonder if that'll mean infinite PP for mobbing as GuRa? ._.

Definitely wanna try CriticalStrikeRing on my GuRa (got maxed ZRC) ._.

Kinda curious with JG-xRing ...... does that count ChargeParrying too? Guarding by charging PA might fill the Gear.

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 03:38 AM
It doesn't look like rings will stack with the skills they mimic. Though the article writer is just as curious about subbing Ra and putting on the Killing Bonus ring as we are.

final_attack
Feb 25, 2016, 03:47 AM
Well, let's just see once it's implemented :D

Also wanted to try using PerfectKeeperRing for Fi-main .....
My Fi-main is just an alt (120 on Weapon and 110 on units), so it need more damage boost -cries-in-corner-

Petunia
Feb 25, 2016, 03:54 AM
Fusing Fashion and Function.

I'm still unsure about how I feel. Rings seem like a good addition, but wouldn't it just add ANOTHER layer to confusing new players and making content even easier? It's not like the game was hard, unless they build new content around having good rings, it just sounds like this is gonna be a way to shave off a few seconds from the current records.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 25, 2016, 03:57 AM
So skill imitate ring can only be used by proper classes or the reverse? I cannot read moonrunes and Google crapslate gives something like "Fighter ony equipment not" :wacko:

EvilMag
Feb 25, 2016, 03:57 AM
Fusing Fashion and Function.

I'm still unsure about how I feel. Rings seem like a good addition, but wouldn't it just add ANOTHER layer to confusing new players and making content even easier? It's not like the game was hard, unless they build new content around having good rings, it just sounds like this is gonna be a way to shave off a few seconds from the current records.

Well they're doing everything to prevent themselves from raising the level cap.

wefwq
Feb 25, 2016, 04:00 AM
It's not worth it since everyone will just hit the cap again in under 48 hours anyway, gotta use longer stick for dem carrot.

Petunia
Feb 25, 2016, 04:01 AM

Was a reason ever given? IIRC, Lv200 was the cap in PSO, right? What's the problem with raising the cap by 5 levels or so. If their goal was to keep the cap down so as not to scare away new players who have to look at a mountain of levels to climb, they failed. You can't substitute levels with items, because now those same players are going to get to 75 then see the ever growing mountain of gear they need to get.

But now I think about it, that's 75 levels of time for them to fork over money to SEGA before they see they've been tricked. I guess from a grubby business standpoint it makes sense.

Zorua
Feb 25, 2016, 04:28 AM
WHERE IS GUNSLASH BULLET KEEP????

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 04:35 AM
I can see gu benefiting alot with this, gu/hu crit build could be a thing, and also, crit ring might also help SU/(BR/FI), with the crit damage parfait, gain alot more dmg, that's if pets are gonna be affected by the rings.
Compared the numbers, and one thing I can say is: definitely not Gu/Hu. If the ring gives some crazy bonus of like +100% critical damage, Gu/Hu will outdamage Gu/Ra in unfavorable circumstances (that is, without Weak Hit), but the damage of Gu/Ra with Standing Snipe, Weak Hit and Zero Range Critical bonuses will rise so dramatically, I doubt Sega is dumb enough to allow it. At more realistic values of 1.1~1.2, Gu/Ra still outdoes Gu/Hu as normal, though Hunter at least catches up to Ranger with just Weak Hit and Moving Snipe.

Mio
Feb 25, 2016, 04:36 AM
Yeah although I like it, as I stopped completely playing in 2014 and I returned now in 2016, gearing my characters looks like a veeery long trip. All my 10* are now useless and I leveled up Craft just to use an extendend red weapon.

So, while I'm still trying to slowly catching up, the new rings will add a layer of distance between me and the endgame players.

I guess content is still content, and as long as I'm having fun, even though the endgame looks still very distant for me, I can't complain.

My only real complain about this game are EQs. I never liked them, even tho' I live in Japan I find their times inconvenient and with a job it's almost impossible to participate in them.

Aine
Feb 25, 2016, 04:39 AM
So skill imitate ring can only be used by proper classes or the reverse? I cannot read moonrunes and Google crapslate gives something like "Fighter ony equipment not" :wacko:

They can't be used by the the classes from which the skill was taken. Whether or not that includes subclasses is ambiguous.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 25, 2016, 04:46 AM
Darn, that means 90~100% crit chance as FI/HU is impossible then.
Killing Bonus on melee classes or PPC on RA tho :wacko:

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 05:03 AM
From what I've read, 100% crit chance is just straight up impossible, since crit chance modifiers either give diminishing returns or just stop somewhere after the 90% mark. That's one of the reasons why critical builds are not advised.

Saagonsa
Feb 25, 2016, 05:12 AM
From what I've read, 100% crit chance is just straight up impossible, since crit chance modifiers either give diminishing returns or just stop somewhere after the 90% mark. That's one of the reasons why critical builds are not advised.

100% crit is definitely possible on Fi/Bo, and was one of the parts of that class combo's gimmick.

Mio
Feb 25, 2016, 05:14 AM
There will be so many interesting new class combination to try with the addition of the skill rings if you think about it.

nguuuquaaa
Feb 25, 2016, 05:17 AM
Huh, I though FI/BOs are still running around with 100% crit chance?
Also more crit chance equals better Vol/Banish combo (much more than other types of damage with Inevitable Strike) so it's not very bad to stack them.

Ezodagrom
Feb 25, 2016, 06:34 AM

Was a reason ever given? IIRC, Lv200 was the cap in PSO, right? What's the problem with raising the cap by 5 levels or so. If their goal was to keep the cap down so as not to scare away new players who have to look at a mountain of levels to climb, they failed. You can't substitute levels with items, because now those same players are going to get to 75 then see the ever growing mountain of gear they need to get.

But now I think about it, that's 75 levels of time for them to fork over money to SEGA before they see they've been tricked. I guess from a grubby business standpoint it makes sense.
There's no point for increasing the level cap if we don't have the content for it. A good chunk of quests are still stuck on SH level anyway...

Imo, increasing the cap to 80 would make sense if we were to get lvl 81-85 range enemies, or something like that. It feels unnecessary for the current state of the game though. I'd rather get new quest modes (especially for single parties) over new difficulty modes and lvl caps.

Strobo_Lemon
Feb 25, 2016, 08:50 AM
The Rico sprite in the pictures look well drawn. Are those from old PS games?

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 08:58 AM
It's from PSP2i. The author uses her as his avatar of sorts in his articles.

Strobo_Lemon
Feb 25, 2016, 09:07 AM
Ahh. I want to play that game just from looking at the character sprites.

On the skill rings, can someone compile them (left and right)?

It's interesting how the rings will improve gameplay by having access to skills not available with cookie cutter builds.

Stormwalker
Feb 25, 2016, 09:24 AM
TD Air Chase is definitely interesting to me, but...

I really, really, really, really, really, really, really do not want to waste my time mining.

I'm sure that any upcoming content will assume you have this stuff, though, so it will become mandatory.

Hrith
Feb 25, 2016, 10:20 AM
If SEGA's clever (if), gathered materials will be sold by players who don't mind spending time doing that - some players even enjoy it. It's the case in a lot of other games, and it works well.

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 10:43 AM
Ahh. I want to play that game just from looking at the character sprites.

On the skill rings, can someone compile them (left and right)?

It's interesting how the rings will improve gameplay by having access to skills not available with cookie cutter builds.
Here we go:

Left Hand Rings:

01: DBスナッチ (Dual Blade Snatch)
Seems to add a "snatch" effect similar to Snatch Step to the DB shift action.

02: ハンターギアセイブ (Hunter Gear Save)
Slows down Sword Gear gauge's reduction and reduces the consumption of Wired Lance and Partisan Gears. Only works when conditions for Hunter Gear Boost are met (when one of the stances is active, i.e., literally all the time). No word on whether you need to actually learn the skill.

03: カタナギアガードR (Katana Gear Guard Release)
Holding the guard button for 3 seconds activates Katana Gear even if you haven't guarded any attacks. You still need the full gear gauge. The gear cannot be recovered at all if it's released this way, and apparently the consumption rate is also different, though it hasn't been clarified in what way.

04: ショートコンバット (Short Combat)
Changes the Katana Combat skill. Your regular attacks in Katana Combat don't track enemies anymore.

05: DSカマイタチ (Double Saber Cutting Wind (Kamaitachi for weebs))
Automatically activates Double Saber's gear action at the end of any Double Saber PA other than Chaos Riser or Hurricane Sender. It's activated without any additional animations and without consuming the gear gauge. It still counts against the maximum number of Kamaitachis active, probably related to whatever issue they had with that saber that recovered gear too fast. This ring skill's activation may be a random chance below 100%.

06: ナックルチェイス (Knuckle Chase)
You home in on your target when attacking while on the ground.

07: TDエアチェイス (Twin Dagger Air Chase)
You home in on your target when attacking while in the air.

08: JGソニックアロウ (Just Guard Sonic Arrow)
Successful Just Guard with a Sword makes you perform Sonic Arrow. This Sonic Arrow is treated as if launched off Just Counter, so it gets all JA bonuses. It is unknown if it will consume any PP and if it will still launch when PP is at 0.

09: JGヘブンリーF (Just Guard Heavenly Fall)
Successful Just Guard with Wired Lances executes Heavenly Fall. Blah blah blah, JA, PP.

10: JGライジングF (Just Guard Rising Flag)
Just Guarding with a Partisan makes you perform Rising Flag. Details and lack of them are same as above.

11: ハイタイムキープ (High Time Keep)
Only works when Showtime is active, just like High Time itself. When hit during Showtime, there is a chance, as in probability under 100%, that High Time's damage bonus will not reset. Will not affect One More Time in any way.

12: フロントSロール (Front Stylish Roll)
Lets you perform S-Roll forward. It "changes" the S-Roll action, which may or may not mean that you lose the backwards roll.

13: テックCパリング (Tech Charge Parrying)
When equipped with Rod, Talis, Wand or Jet Boots, you receive Guard Point frames at the start of casting animation.

14: RRフィールド (Please Use Recast Reverser Field)
When Reverser Field is activated with the ring on, its 10 minute cooldown is shortened.

Right Hand Rings:

15: ブーストスレイヤー (Boost Slayer)
Increases damage dealt to boosted (infected) enemies and reduces damage taken from them.

16: Cストライク打撃 (Critical Strike Melee)
Increases the critical hit chance and critical damage for melee attacks. Cannot be equipped by Fighters, no word if it only applies to main-class Fighter.

17: Cストライク射撃 (Critical Strike Ranged)
Increases the critical hit chance and critical damage for ranged attacks. Cannot be equipped by Fighters, no word if it only applies to main-class Fighter.

18: Cストライク法撃 (Critical Strike Technique)
Increases the critical hit chance and critical damage for technique attacks, because you need three separate skills for this. Cannot be equipped by Fighters, no word if it only applies to main-class Fighter.

19: Pキーパー打撃 (Perfect Keeper Melee)
Increases the damage dealt by melee attacks when HP is above certain unspecified threshold. Cannot be equipped by Gunners, no word if it only applies to main-class Gunner.

20: Pキーパー射撃 (Perfect Keeper Ranged)
Increases the damage dealt by ranged attacks when HP is above certain unspecified threshold. Cannot be equipped by Gunners, no word if it only applies to main-class Gunner.

21: Pキーパー法撃 (Perfect Keeper Technique)
Increases the damage dealt by technique attacks when HP is above certain unspecified threshold. Cannot be equipped by Gunners, no word if it only applies to main-class Gunner.

22: マッシブハンター (Massive Hunter Portable)
Same effect as the Massive Hunter skill. Cannot be equipped by Hunters, no word if it only applies to main-class Hunter.

23: アタックアドバンス (Attack Advance: The Ring)
Same (or similar) effect as the Attack Advance skill. Probably made for Wand Techers who wish they could sub Hunter. Cannot be equipped by Bravers, not that they'd want to.

24: EPPRフィールド (Elemental PP Restorate Field)
Same effect as the Elemental PP Restorate skill. Now you can not wear something you didn't put points into.

25: キリングボーナス (Killing Bonus)
Same effect as the Killing Bonus skill. Rangers can't equip it, Rico wonders if sub Rangers can.

26: フォトンフレア (Photon Flare)
Same effect as the Photon Flare skill. Forces can't equip it.

27: PPコンバート (PP Convert)
Same effect as the PP Convert skill. Techers obviously can't equip it.

Korima
Feb 25, 2016, 10:52 AM
So if I am a ranger, which rings are a must for me?

starwind75043
Feb 25, 2016, 10:53 AM
Here we go:

Left Hand Rings:

Seems to add a "snatch" effect similar to Snatch Step to the DB shift action.

02: ハンターギアセイブ (Hunter Gear Save)
Slows down Sword Gear gauge's reduction and reduces the consumption of Wired Lance and Partisan Gears. Only works when conditions for Hunter Gear Boost are met (when one of the stances is active, i.e., literally all the time). No word on whether you need to actually learn the skill.

03: カタナギアガードR (Katana Gear Guard Release)
Holding the guard button for 3 seconds activates Katana Gear even if you haven't guarded any attacks. You still need the full gear gauge. The gear cannot be recovered at all if it's released this way, and apparently the consumption rate is also different, though it hasn't been clarified in what way.

Changes the Katana Combat skill. Your regular attacks in Katana Combat don't track enemies anymore.

05: DSカマイタチ (Double Saber Cutting Wind (Kamaitachi for weebs))
Automatically activates Double Saber's gear action at the end of any Double Saber PA other than Chaos Riser or Hurricane Sender. It's activated without any additional animations and without consuming the gear gauge. It still counts against the maximum number of Kamaitachis active, probably related to whatever issue they had with that saber that recovered gear too fast. This ring skill's activation may be a random chance below 100%.

You home in on your target when attacking while on the ground.

07: TDエアチェイス (Twin Dagger Air Chase)
You home in on your target when attacking while in the air.

08: JGソニックアロウ (Just Guard Sonic Arrow)
Successful Just Guard with a Sword makes you perform Sonic Arrow. This Sonic Arrow is treated as if launched off Just Counter, so it gets all JA bonuses. It is unknown if it will consume any PP and if it will still launch when PP is at 0.

09: JGヘブンリーF (Just Guard Heavenly Fall)
Successful Just Guard with Wired Lances executes Heavenly Fall. Blah blah blah, JA, PP.

10: JGライジングF (Just Guard Rising Flag)
Just Guarding with a Partisan makes you perform Rising Flag. Details and lack of them are same as above.

11: ハイタイムキープ (High Time Keep)
Only works when Showtime is active, just like High Time itself. When hit during Showtime, there is a chance, as in probability under 100%, that High Time's damage bonus will not reset. Will not affect One More Time in any way.

Lets you perform S-Roll forward. It "changes" the S-Roll action, which may or may not mean that you lose the backwards roll.

When equipped with Rod, Talis, Wand or Jet Boots, you receive Guard Point frames at the start of casting animation.

14: RRフィールド (Please Use Recast Reverser Field)
When Reverser Field is activated with the ring on, its 10 minute cooldown is shortened.

Right Hand Rings:

15: ブーストスレイヤー (Boost Slayer)
Increases damage dealt to boosted (infected) enemies and reduces damage taken from them.

16: Cストライク打撃 (Critical Strike Melee)
Increases the critical hit chance and critical damage for melee attacks. Cannot be equipped by Fighters, no word if it only applies to main-class Fighter.

17: Cストライク射撃 (Critical Strike Ranged)
Increases the critical hit chance and critical damage for ranged attacks. Cannot be equipped by Fighters, no word if it only applies to main-class Fighter.

18: Cストライク法撃 (Critical Strike Technique)
Increases the critical hit chance and critical damage for technique attacks, because you need three separate skills for this. Cannot be equipped by Fighters, no word if it only applies to main-class Fighter.

19: Pキーパー打撃 (Perfect Keeper Melee)
Increases the damage dealt by melee attacks when HP is above certain unspecified threshold. Cannot be equipped by Gunners, no word if it only applies to main-class Gunner.

20: Pキーパー射撃 (Perfect Keeper Ranged)
Increases the damage dealt by ranged attacks when HP is above certain unspecified threshold. Cannot be equipped by Gunners, no word if it only applies to main-class Gunner.

21: Pキーパー法撃 (Perfect Keeper Technique)
Increases the damage dealt by technique attacks when HP is above certain unspecified threshold. Cannot be equipped by Gunners, no word if it only applies to main-class Gunner.

22: マッシブハンター (Massive Hunter Portable)
Same effect as the Massive Hunter skill. Cannot be equipped by Hunters, no word if it only applies to main-class Hunter.

Same (or similar) effect as the Attack Advance skill. Probably made for Wand Techers who wish they could sub Hunter. Cannot be equipped by Bravers, not that they'd want to.

24: EPPRフィールド (Elemental PP Restorate Field)
Same effect as the Elemental PP Restorate skill. Now you can not wear something you didn't put points into.

25: キリングボーナス (Killing Bonus)
Same effect as the Killing Bonus skill. Rangers can't equip it, Rico wonders if sub Rangers can.

26: フォトンフレア (Photon Flare)
Same effect as the Photon Flare skill. Forces can't equip it.

Same effect as the PP Convert skill. Techers obviously can't equip it.

Well very nice

Stormwalker
Feb 25, 2016, 10:56 AM
If SEGA's clever (if), gathered materials will be sold by players who don't mind spending time doing that - some players even enjoy it. It's the case in a lot of other games, and it works well.

I hope the materials are sellable (all of them, Sega, or there's no point). I'd be much happier with the whole thing.

Of course, they are tying moneymaking to gathrring quests, too, so buying the materials might not be viable even if it is possible.

hibike
Feb 25, 2016, 11:06 AM
which rings would be worth getting for a Force?

RadiantLegend
Feb 25, 2016, 11:21 AM
Perfect keeper melee looks so much desirable than critical strike. Don't have to spec tree for crits.

Drools at Katana gear release. Purple bravers everywhere.

(Maybe FI can now use swords with hunter gear save, just maybe)

TehCubey
Feb 25, 2016, 12:02 PM
Inb4 weak bullet ring.

Everyone can use weak bullet. No need to check the MPA for rangers. The game is finally balanced.

Everyone is expected to use weak bullet. People without the ring are reported and blacklisted.

EQs become a huge weak bullet war with total noobs and people who know what they're doing shooting over each others' WB points.

Even if the MPA can somehow decide on a good WB point, it's still full of people with a rifle equipped who don't use PAs (off class) and just stand there because if they switch weapons the bullets will be wasted.

No one can clear EQs anymore.

Soon enough, people stop bothering with EQs altogether.

The game closes.

wahahaha
Feb 25, 2016, 12:27 PM
which rings would be worth getting for a Force?

Probably perfect keeper ring.

Inb4 weak bullet ring.
Everyone can use weak bullet. No need to check the MPA for rangers. The game is finally balanced
Everyone is expected to use weak bullet. People without the ring are reported and blacklisted.
EQs become a huge weak bullet war with total noobs and people who know what they're doing shooting over each others' WB points.
Even if the MPA can somehow decide on a good WB point, it's still full of people with a rifle equipped who don't use PAs (off class) and just stand there because if they switch weapons the bullets will be wasted.
The game closes.

xdddd might as well remove weak bullet

Korima
Feb 25, 2016, 12:33 PM
I can't find good rings for Ranger for left hand or I'm reading wrong?

Stormwalker
Feb 25, 2016, 12:37 PM
xdddd might as well remove weak bullet

I honestly believe removing WB (with improvements to RA to make up for it, of course) would be good for the game as a whole.

That's off-topic, though. Right now I'm trying to figure out which of these I'd use v with GU/RA. Possibly the High Time Keep because lag happens, but not sure on the other side. I find myself wishing for a PP Slayer ring.

DrCatco
Feb 25, 2016, 12:38 PM
So, will SEGA give us skilltree resets?

I mean, for example, no one takes Reverser Field as techer, and the L / RR Field ring says that "reduces the recast times for Reverser Field", not that enables it. So, if they want us to use those kind of skills, they must make sure that we can access them, no?

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 01:01 PM
Inb4 weak bullet ring.

Everyone can use weak bullet. No need to check the MPA for rangers. The game is finally balanced.

The game closes.
Pfft, just add Bullet Keep ring.

Tunga
Feb 25, 2016, 01:13 PM
If killing bonus is +10 a kill. I'll take that for Force over pk on mob centric stuff.

Raujinn
Feb 25, 2016, 01:39 PM
Hunter Gear Save/ JG Sonic Arrow and Perfect Keeper Melee, PP Convert or something. Sword normals hit hard, so Attack Advance is a sort of attractive option but over those other two? Nah.

My current tree isn't really built for Critical Strike but I guess if its good enough then I could rework a tree around it. This is of course assuming you can even use Critical Strike as a HuFi, it might be locked due to the sub fighter.

Leaning towards Perfect Keeper Melee so far.

Xaelouse
Feb 25, 2016, 02:17 PM
Perfect keeper melee looks so much desirable than critical strike. Don't have to spec tree for crits.

Drools at Katana gear release. Purple bravers everywhere.

(Maybe FI can now use swords with hunter gear save, just maybe)

Well I can see the critical strike rings being stronger since PK is so easy to keep up.
If it is, then Bouncer, Gunner, and maybe Braver could afford it to get more much needed damage out. Fighter can't equip it and HU main shouldn't bother unless they sacrifice automate for fury crit

vantpers
Feb 25, 2016, 02:18 PM
Hunter Gear Save is gonna be mediocre for Hu/Fi, but I am a swordsman and biased. Guilty Break dashing ring.

Fi/Hu is gonna get interesting because apparently gheaven says R rings are disabled for the use on weapons of the class the skill is taken from. Which means crit strike is disabled on Fighter weapons. PK on TMGs (I don't know if rifle counts). Basically say hi to Fi/Hu with WLs/Volg and double crit strike and Hunter Gear Save. Hey even Sword might be good once all class 13* come.

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 02:36 PM
Hunter Gear Save is gonna be mediocre for Hu/Fi, but I am a swordsman and biased. Guilty Break dashing ring.

Fi/Hu is gonna get interesting because apparently gheaven says R rings are disabled for the use on weapons of the class the skill is taken from. Which means crit strike is disabled on Fighter weapons. PK on TMGs (I don't know if rifle counts). Basically say hi to Fi/Hu with WLs/Volg and double crit strike and Hunter Gear Save. Hey even Sword might be good once all class 13* come.
You sure it's disabled on the main weapons for that class? It looked to me like it said that it's not equippable by the class, not that it can't be used with that class' equipment. gheaven wonders the same thing we do: whether Br/Ra will be able to use Killing Bonus ring with the skill, so I think it's not related to weapons.

vantpers
Feb 25, 2016, 02:54 PM
Actually I am not sure at all. I remember seeing 武器 there when first visiting but now but now I see 装備不可. Anyway it's 100% theorycraft. Hu/Fi getting cheated out of crit strike because of Fighter sub would just leave PK and maybe Killing Bonus. Sega might also just decide to put retarded numerical values for skills and turn everything upside down.

Azure Falcon
Feb 25, 2016, 03:02 PM
Boy I hope those rings aren't tough to obtain, I'm already drooling over the Massive Hunter, Killing Bonus, PP Convert and TD Air Chase ones.

Raujinn
Feb 25, 2016, 03:43 PM
Depending on how much it slows the gear loss, Gear Save could be very useful for swords, particularly in things like TD. Losing gear because you couldn't hit things for long enough can seriously damage your combat ability (and guilty break's distance being shortened by lost gear exacerbates this) and in the chaos of TD where things can regularly be pulled from you or they die before you get there this can happen annoyingly often.

I'm only using TD as an example, mind, it apples to MPAs in general particularly where the mobs are getting spawnkilled. I doubt Sword is ever going to be amazingly practical there due to how sword gear works (and yes even if you can instantly max gear with Sonic arrow you're still burdened with having to "warm up" before you get your full power out, whereas Force and Summoner can mob as well if not better than you without the need for the warm up).

That said, I have my doubts the actual save will be big enough to make that much of a difference in these scenarios. Remains to be seen how much help this will be for Partizan mains and the mythical Wired Lance mains.

For solo play, yeah Gear Save is not gonna help sword HuFi out even if the save was tremendous. For solo sword HuFi of the options there I'm kinda thinking JG/Sonic Arrow may be it, though it depends on how it interacts with Charge Parrying.

vantpers
Feb 25, 2016, 03:52 PM
Sword Gear trouble is exaggerated. I doubt you could do anything to spawns that die after you are done doing one Sonic Arrow already. You wouldn't have enough time to even fully charge Nova Strike.

If we get good multiclass 13* then Fi/Hu Sword should be stronger than Hu/Fi in many situations with 200% PP gain in LB and stacking all these multipliers and satk. Probably is gonna dominate any boss solos that you can already do in around 1 minute.

Raujinn
Feb 25, 2016, 03:59 PM
Depends on if they can use that ring. It states that Fury Gear needs to be satisfied and Fighter can't use Fury Gear. So its a question of "what do they mean by satisfying Fury Gear". I mean even for main HuFi it isn't clear if they have to actually have SP invested in Fury Gear or not.

Also even if the issues are exaggerated, you gotta admit that having an instant cast Guilty Break for longer after a wave would be potentially nice.

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 04:00 PM
The Sonic Arrow ring is unlikely to work with other sources of Guard Point, since automatically doing the PA would hurt things like Ignite Parrying. But the game refers to every instance of Guard Point as JG, so who knows.

vantpers
Feb 25, 2016, 04:08 PM
The Sonic Arrow ring is unlikely to work with other sources of Guard Point, since automatically doing the PA would hurt things like Ignite Parrying. But the game refers to every instance of Guard Point as JG, so who knows.
That depends. I am hoping it will just launch the projectile without any other effect on your animation. Phantom PA.

Raujinn
Feb 25, 2016, 04:16 PM
Would be pretty hilarious. Imagine if every hit of Charge Parrying launched a sonic arrow lol

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 04:43 PM
That depends. I am hoping it will just launch the projectile without any other effect on your animation. Phantom PA.
Would be amazing, but other Hunter rings say they make you perform a PA that isn't as easily launched as Sonic Arrow. ...From my hazy memory of playing Hunter at least. What do Rising Flag and Heavenly Fall do, again?

With all the buffs to Just Guard, what I'd want is an Old School Just Guard ring, that doesn't give you invincibility after successful guard, but lets you guard over and over, dealing JG damage, recovering PP, etc. Useless for meta, but I used to love that so much.

vantpers
Feb 25, 2016, 05:30 PM
Rising Flag is kind of gut stab followed by diagonal slash and small shockwave. They could make shockwave or diagonal + shockwave into phantom PA. Heavenly Fall is grab enemy and then slam down. They could make the slam shockwave into phantom PA.

I don't think they are worth much if they aren't Phantom PAs. Long PAs after JG would just fuck up your gameplay too much. Imagine all those accidental Rising Flags when you just wanted to defend yourself and shoot a volg.

Selphea
Feb 25, 2016, 05:43 PM
Blasphemous as it sounds, I'll probably go for R/Ele PP Restorate for Gunner.

Light TMGs work for most of the important content, and each Gunner normal attack hits 4-5 times so that's 12-15 more PP per left click.

DB Snatch feels like Sega saying "from the people who brought you One More Jump, comes a new tweak for Bouncers that pushes stupidity to even greater limits!"

Strobo_Lemon
Feb 25, 2016, 06:37 PM
Would be pretty hilarious. Imagine if every hit of Charge Parrying launched a sonic arrow lol

I don't think the JG will work with Charge/Ignite Parrying, only with the Shift Action JG similar to Katana Gear.

Would be awesome if it did though. I'd switch to Sword Main immediately if they allowed Sonic Arrow JG with Charge Parry

Raujinn
Feb 25, 2016, 08:38 PM
Yeah it's very unlikely to happen, I'm just laughing at the idea of it.

wahahaha
Feb 25, 2016, 08:48 PM
Ring that removes the first 2 slash of Over end please.

Tunga
Feb 25, 2016, 08:56 PM
Are those skills at lvl 10? Force with killing bonus sounds really OP.

Sp-24
Feb 25, 2016, 09:01 PM
As a part of PSZ collab, along with a ring that turns gunblade into a shotgun.

wahahaha
Feb 25, 2016, 09:24 PM

Its just that they could recycle persona over end but i guess that would work for a craft

CoWorker
Feb 25, 2016, 09:40 PM
i would like to see a skill ring for Twin Daggers that makes u have max gear (or at least drains down like sword/tmg gear) while standing on the ground... so we can see some TD PAs be viable while standing and not restricted to aerial fights only (i want to see max geared Dark Scherzo actually HIT something)

NoobSpectre
Feb 25, 2016, 09:40 PM

shotgun 5 times on front with Klaissenschlag or whatever its called please.

Oh wait we also have the braindead rifle diffusion shell as shotgun, maybe shoot rapidly 3 times for 60% original dmg each?

wefwq
Feb 25, 2016, 10:04 PM
I would rather have them turn average OE into the one that Hunar use.

CoWorker
Feb 25, 2016, 10:18 PM
I would rather have them turn average OE into the one that Hunar use.

or after using OE, the giant photon blade will stay for a certain duration and do crazy shyt with it by mixing it with other sword PAs..... (just a range buff) #Spin2WinWithNovaStrike

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3cJ3GqTJec

Hrith
Feb 26, 2016, 10:29 AM
Seems to add a "snatch" effect similar to Snatch Step to the DB shift action.Sounds like the new highest DPS.

Changes the Katana Combat skill. Your regular attacks in Katana Combat don't track enemies anymore.Wow, been wanting that since August 2013 >_>

You home in on your target when attacking while on the ground.Sounds weird. All PAs become Heartless Impact? :wacko:

Lets you perform S-Roll forward. It "changes" the S-Roll action, which may or may not mean that you lose the backwards roll.God, I hope not ;s

Same (or similar) effect as the Attack Advance skill. Probably made for Wand Techers who wish they could sub Hunter. Cannot be equipped by Bravers, not that they'd want to.It would have been interesting for bows, actually.

Same effect as the PP Convert skill. Techers obviously can't equip it.Hello BR/RA.

Sounds interesting all in all, but it's going to make us even stronger, which is really not needed...

Rehal
Feb 26, 2016, 11:09 AM
Sounds like the new highest DPS.

"Snatch" in Snatch Step is the slight damage bump when you Step btw, change Step to the shift action of DB for this case.

You don't lose backward s roll: https://jii.moe/4kDNxmWie.mp4

Also Guard frames at start of casting animation or charging tech animation?

Sp-24
Feb 26, 2016, 11:22 AM
I assume casting. Too lazy to read the original description again, but I feel it'll mirror Hunter's Charge Parrying.

Good to know that we still have the backwards roll, but why the hell isn't it default functionality? Make forward roll lose altitude or something, ffs

Hrith
Feb 26, 2016, 11:22 AM
If it's like the hunter skill, charging animation.

wahahaha
Feb 26, 2016, 11:26 AM
Since PP convert ring will be a thing, i welcome FO/BR.
As for other classes, i guess SU can grab critical ring or perfect keeper.

Tunga
Feb 26, 2016, 11:35 AM
Would perfect keeper proc under LB? I heard something about LB HP while reduced is still 100% just a lower amount.

GHNeko
Feb 26, 2016, 11:38 AM
PK procs with Limit Break.

Can confirm. I played FiGu for a while.

GHNeko
Feb 26, 2016, 11:39 AM
Since PP convert ring will be a thing, i welcome FO/BR.
As for other classes, i guess SU can grab critical ring or perfect keeper.

FoRa will also be Kreygasm

Sp-24
Feb 26, 2016, 11:42 AM
Would perfect keeper proc under LB? I heard something about LB HP while reduced is still 100% just a lower amount.
Perfect Keeper treats Wound status effect as your new maximum HP, so Limit Break, PP Convert and some of the new bosses' attacks don't interfere with it.

Unnamed Player
Feb 26, 2016, 11:53 AM
I can't find good rings for Ranger for left hand or I'm reading wrong?Nope, they are all useless.

Sp-24
Feb 26, 2016, 12:06 PM
You need both rings anyway, since left ring also increases attack and dexterity.

Mattykins
Feb 26, 2016, 12:11 PM
Man, all of these random buff efforts. Why don't they like, iunno, increase the level cap?

Xaeris
Feb 26, 2016, 12:34 PM
These rings present many more interesting possibilities than another 5 SP.

elryan
Feb 26, 2016, 12:41 PM
Man, all of these random buff efforts. Why don't they like, iunno, increase the level cap?

I agree that they should increase the level cap for the stuffs in the left ring.

I mean, the logic behind the left ring is probably: "These stuffs augment the current class's skills and are game-breaking if more than 1 can be used.", but current stuffs are not THAT game-breaking even if you can equip more than 1. Maybe future rings will justify the reasoning behind the left ring approach.

However, the right ring is actually quite interesting. It opens up builds not possible before and I'm excited for it.

Stormwalker
Feb 26, 2016, 01:38 PM
I just don't see a good right ring option for GU/RA here. Critical Strike Ranged doesn't cut it unless the bonus is huge. Boost Slayer might be useful, but that's awfully situational. Massive Hunter might be useful for damage reduction but GU has plenty of super armor.

GU/HU might get good mileage out of one of the critical rings with a Fury Critical/Zero Range Critical build, though.

Korima
Feb 26, 2016, 02:10 PM
Wait, so are you telling me that if you are a Ranger or Gunner Sega is telling you "choose two random rings and do something else, this new feature isn't for you".

Sp-24
Feb 26, 2016, 02:20 PM
Front S-Roll is very important unless you have airsickness or hate PP for some reason. No Perfect Keeper sucks, but between Massive Hunter, Critical Strike, PP Convert, Elemental Field and Boost Slayer, surely there's at least something you may want to pick up? If nothing else, Massive Hunter reduces damage in addition to giving super armor.

Now Ranger does have trouble finding a good left had ring, but for the right one, Perfect Keeper seems like a must.

Stormwalker
Feb 26, 2016, 02:37 PM
Front S-Roll is very important unless you have airsickness or hate PP for some reason. No Perfect Keeper sucks, but between Massive Hunter, Critical Strike, PP Convert, Elemental Field and Boost Slayer, surely there's at least something you may want to pick up? If nothing else, Massive Hunter reduces damage in addition to giving super armor.

Now Ranger does have trouble finding a good left had ring, but for the right one, Perfect Keeper seems like a must.

Most of the other classes seem to have fairly obvious, "This is really great" choices for a right hand ring. Gunner (at least, if subbing RA) has a lot of choices which are certainly better than nothing, but at the same time really aren't anything to write home about.

Damage reduction from Massive Hunter is OK, but Gunner's problem is generally not defense. And it's not like GU lacks for super armor.

ZRC isn't a big enough bonus to make Critical Strike Ranged a great option for GU/RA. GU/HU might be another matter since it adds Fury Critical to the mix.

PP Convert? As GU/RA, I have more PP than I know what to do with already.

Boost Slayer depends on facing boosted enemies.

Of the current choices, I'd probably take either Massive Hunter or Critical Strike Ranged, but neither really wows me.

Sp-24
Feb 26, 2016, 02:48 PM
I've been near enough Goldrahda swarms at this point to know just how important super armor can be when trying to recover PP with regular attacks and grenades as a Gunner. And then there's the WB slave episodes that just keep happening. Or getting flinched during Magatsu when it's 30 feet in the air and the only other person who made it to the top is the Bouncer.

Gunner has a tiny bonus to critical attacks with Mastery, one of the two classes that gets any at all. Boosting it further, and coupled with ZRC, would be an okay increase to overall damage that doesn't expect a melee class to stay at high HP. It doesn't look that bad to me.

Stormwalker
Feb 26, 2016, 02:53 PM
I've been near enough Goldrahda swarms at this point to know just how important super armor can be when trying to recover PP with regular attacks and grenades as a Gunner. And then there's the WB slave episodes that just keep happening. Or getting flinched during Magatsu when it's 30 feet in the air and the only other person who made it to the top is the Bouncer.

Gunner has a tiny bonus to critical attacks with Mastery, one of the two classes that gets any at all. Boosting it further, and coupled with ZRC, would be an okay increase to overall damage that doesn't expect a melee class to stay at high HP. It doesn't look that bad to me.

As noted, those are the two I'd seriously consider (and maybe Boost Slayer on the side if you can swap on the fly), but neither strikes me as nearly as good as letting a FI stack Perfect Keeper on top of his Limit Break.

Saagonsa
Feb 26, 2016, 03:15 PM
ZRC isn't a big enough bonus to make Critical Strike Ranged a great option for GU/RA. GU/HU might be another matter since it adds Fury Critical to the mix..

With ZRC and level 10 critical strike you would have a 70% critical hit rate, equal to that of a Fi/Hu.

Stormwalker
Feb 26, 2016, 03:54 PM
With ZRC and level 10 critical strike you would have a 70% critical hit rate, equal to that of a Fi/Hu.

If the ring is equal to level 10 Critical Strike I will be utterly stunned.

Would be a pleasant surprise, though.

Of course, having the damage types split is still really unkind to GU. Go critical strike ranged and, oh, well, bye-bye Reverse Tap, it was nice knowing you.

Saagonsa
Feb 26, 2016, 05:20 PM

Of course, having the damage types split is still really unkind to GU. Go critical strike ranged and, oh, well, bye-bye Reverse Tap, it was nice knowing you.

It was shown that rings come at level 1 by default, but grinding them increases their level. I would assume this means that you can level them up to level 10.

Stormwalker
Feb 26, 2016, 05:31 PM
It was shown that rings come at level 1 by default, but grinding them increases their level. I would assume this means that you can level them up to level 10.

The rings have levels, but have we actually seen the boost amounts provided by each level? My assumption would be that they're weaker than the equivalent class skills, though clearly Sega has different ideas about how to do things than me

Sp-24
Feb 26, 2016, 05:39 PM
I haven't seen any info on the stats of ring skills. It's reasonable to expect them to be weaker than their skill tree counterparts, but it would be hilarious to have a fully functional Critical Strike that everyone EXCEPT Fighter can equip.

And there also wouldn't be any real variety, since pretty much every class would have no excuse not to wear Perfect Keeper.

steverowland
Feb 27, 2016, 04:27 AM
hm while 20% from perfect keeper would be good, pretty much any hit will knock you under 75% and disable the effect, for classes that are near 100% crit (so now even katana BR with all time katana gear activatable at any time) taking the ~15% guarantee at all time from FI critical might be better - that is if the max grind level of the ring provides same benefit as max SP of the skill.

Hysteria1987
Feb 27, 2016, 04:50 AM
On my FO/TE, I'm really pretty limited to L / Tech C Parrying, unless I want to start packing all-class weapons around (and I don't really).

Them right rings though, have a world of potential. An awful lot of tech-boosting rings there... I suppose I'm gonna need to see some percent boost rates before I make any calls.

Superia
Feb 27, 2016, 05:47 AM

Gal/Tokyo TMG would also synergize well. As for Reverse Tap, that never did any damage anyway. I could see Gu/Hu not liking having to choose between Dead Approach (currently their strongest(?) CT option) and everything else though.

Sp-24
Feb 27, 2016, 06:07 AM
Gal/Tokyo TMG would also synergize well. As for Reverse Tap, that never did any damage anyway. I could see Gu/Hu not liking having to choose between Dead Approach (currently their strongest(?) CT option) and everything else though.
Rasahadis does thanks to the increased crit chance, but you still need to hit a weak spot with Walkure to see any increase in damage. Its synergy with Critical Strike isn't any different from what Orbit and Austere get. No matter how good the crit modifier is, R25 at best just tiny bit stronger than Austere with a disproportionately more annoying activation condition.

Superia
Feb 27, 2016, 06:26 AM
The synergy with the R25 is different from what Orbit and Austere get, but not from that side. I suppose what I am saying is that the weapon synergizes well with the ring rather than the other way around, as I find that weapon to be lacking overall.